The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Imagine if you bought a pepperoni pizza only to later find out that, on the ride home, the pizza transformed into a submarine sandwich.

This is a pretty dramatic exaggeration. Like, come on man. Your knee jerk emotional response is duly noted. A more comparable example is you ordered an 18" pie pepperoni pizza and then find out that they put anchovies on less than a quarter of the pie.

as you still have the same thing, its still the earthtear cavern, you just cant access a small portion of it that you could before because something was put in the way. Soemthing the OP has noted you can move back out of the way btw.

Furthermore: The OP has yet to post any pics. even ZOS is asking for them. MEANING: this could be a total and utter misunderstanding. but lets take the OP's word for gold.

why would you take his word for gold? unless you had some emotional dissonance towards ZOS. like, the tank changes as evidence to your signature. . .

even if he did post pics, so what? if its a mistake its a mistake and ZOS will fix it.

Lol someone is awful confident that zos would fix their mistakes / problems. Like currently zos said xbox na wasn't working because of xbox live. Now that status is cleared on xbox live, but still no eso on xbox na.

They are not always truthful. They don't always fix their mistakes or problems. As evidenced by the current vmol issues on xbox. So where do you get that zos will fix their mistakes/problems/ bugs/ issues.....
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    https://postimg.org/image/9ne4btx0d/

https://postimg.org/image/kk9lszrv5/

This is where the doorway to the staircase WAS... but no more
    Bwhahahaha....now I've had a sneak peak at the guild hall!

No more need to keep it secret!
    cat-tongue-731.jpg

• 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Considering the price was absurd as-is, it was really a low blow by the ZOS team to do this. The feedback/reaction from Gina on the issue almost makes it seem like a designer with access to housing went rogue! Can't believe they wouldn't have known about this.
    Zos has a issue with overpricing everything in their crown store. The good large houses cost more than the morrowind expansion. Which kind of makes you wonder if ZoS knows how to price things. If the houses cost only up to 30$ at the highest. I'd be buying them all, hence they'll get more money from them. But as it stands. the prices in that store are quite ludicrous, to say the least.

As for what I've read here from @ZOS_GinaBruno and others. It's clear to me that ZoS doesn't think to hard about items in the crown store. But that's just my take on it.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?? Lol in 2 years in this game i NEVER knew that. Wow lol. Wouldn't real life be fun if it worked that way too ;)

...You have never lived in Florida have you :D

haha... No I haven't... I visited once... got chased by a Hurricane, left Florida... it followed us (true story). Scary night.

Family is from the Highlands of Scotland though... There is a saying, 'If you don't like the weather in the Highlands, stick around... changes so quickly'. Can go from summery sun, to wind and rain, to snow, and back to Sun... all in a short car journey ;)

Similar saying in Texas, "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes"
    Edited by Stopnaggin on June 6, 2017 11:54PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Considering the price was absurd as-is, it was really a low blow by the ZOS team to do this. The feedback/reaction from Gina on the issue almost makes it seem like a designer with access to housing went rogue! Can't believe they wouldn't have known about this.
    Zos has a issue with overpricing everything in their crown store. The good large houses cost more than the morrowind expansion. Which kind of makes you wonder if ZoS knows how to price things. If the houses cost only up to 30$ at the highest. I'd be buying them all, hence they'll get more money from them. But as it stands. the prices in that store are quite ludicrous, to say the least.

As for what I've read here from @ZOS_GinaBruno and others. It's clear to me that ZoS doesn't think to hard about items in the crown store. But that's just my take on it.

I don't find most houses overpriced. I saw a value in having the cavern, so I bought it. The value to me was having a place to use for my guild, we use it for crafting, all stations there, and soon I will put the mundas stones there as well. Sure it may cost a bit, but for me it's worth it. I haven't played anything else since launch so the amount of cash that goes to eso is no more than I would have spent on buying other games, season passes, dlc and whatever else random stuff came along.

I know value is subjective and I won't criticise others for not buying it. Now if I could get eso to let me in I would gladly spend some more cash on the new crates. Get booted last night at 9, download update while at work, come home take a shower and can't log in, well played zos, well played.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me when I bought Grim Harlequin from the crown store because I liked the skulls on the side and then they removed them. Put in a ticket but they denied nothing had changed even thou I had proof. Dont buy from the crown store anymore, lesson learnt.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking about trying out housing but will definitely avoid it like the plague now. If I buy something like this, I expect it to stay the same, not get mucked up because some Devs are trying to save a bit of memory here-and-there or are bored
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be very interested to hear the reason behind the changes. But knowing ZOS it probably will be...
    We changed Earthtar Cavern for a smoother housing experience as the areas you can access are now more clearly defined. This will be a nerf if you have more than 350 housing item slots and a buff if you have less.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else experiencing repetitive rain and storm cycles in the Cavern?

I spent hours in there last last trying to redesign areas that I had to take down yesterday, and it was like constant rain and storms. I re-logged a few times and its like a repetitive cycle. Rain and storm... then a bit of sun, then rain and storm, rinse and repeat.

If weather is character based then this seems very odd. I've had the character for 2 years and NEVER experienced this... so it feels like its a change to the weather pattern of the Cavern on top of the issue that it now rains indoors since Morrowind Patch.

Logged on this morning to try and work on a few areas inside the Cavern and same thing, rain rain rain... think ZOS might be having a good laugh at me here lol.

But seriously... Can anyone comment if they are experiencing this same issue?

• Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I'd be very interested to hear the reason behind the changes. But knowing ZOS it probably will be...
    We changed Earthtar Cavern for a smoother housing experience as the areas you can access are now more clearly defined. This will be a nerf if you have more than 350 housing item slots and a buff if you have less.

LOL! :D
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just a PC thing? I'm on PS4 & the changes you're describing have always been there for me.
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this thread, logged in and checked my cave and these rocks are suddenly present for me also.

Kinda annoying, I used 1 spot as a hiding spot and the other as storage for a friend who liked to explore my cave (stored planks there for them to move - the planks are now inside the rock).

Doesn't surprise me, I've noticed furnishings that have changed since the update. Like a suddenly dull light, my dark anchor pinion no longer has sound.
    Edited by PocketNova on June 7, 2017 12:00PM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would ZOS spend time and money taking space away from there highest paying customers. It's insane
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just a PC thing? I'm on PS4 & the changes you're describing have always been there for me.

Hi. No I'm on PS4 and these changes have 100% NOT been present before
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just...wow. I was really thinking of buying the Tower house in Vvardenfell when it came out later this month. But if this is the kind of idiocy ZOS is going to pull, and an indication of how they treat their customers, I won't be spending any money to do that.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for the extra info, everyone. We're looking into this to see what happened and how we can fix it in the future.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the extra info, everyone. We're looking into this to see what happened and how we can fix it in the future.

BIG thanks Gina :)
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭

Yes thank you however I may request a refund for my purchase since it is no longer the item I paid for and use the crowns on something else. Some may feel this is just a little annoyance or a non issue and that is groovy for them though I feel that when you spend +1600 crowns (I bought furnished) you should get what you paid for.

I mean if you purchased a house in real life and the original construction firm comes over and bricks up a bedroom and a closet and tells you sorry we accidently added those, they where not part of the original blueprint. You may be a bit miffed. Exaggerated example? Sure but still.

• BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Earthquakes happen.
    Edited by BuddyAces on June 7, 2017 5:28PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just discovered another CHANGE in the Cavern...this one is REALLLY ODD... It's a single floating rock!!

At first I thought it was one of mine, but then realised I don't have a rock like this. Still, I tried to retrieve it via tab, but searching through everything, it's not placed by me. It's placed by someone at ZOS.

Very strange. It serves no purpose and is just a little annoying. I thought I'd add it here so it can be removed in time. Obviously it must have been placed there by mistake when making recent (unwanted) changes to the Cavern.

INgZsjb.jpg

You can stand on it, as its floating just below the surface in deep water!

CMaYULt.jpg

z2vcXiZ.jpg

X69fWYP.jpg

Here is where it is on the map:

4Q0YTST.jpg

Ew2D4AM.jpg
    Edited by MacCait on June 8, 2017 12:15AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ the floating rock.

I have the cavern and while the changes dont effect the placement of items in mine, I can see where it would be annoying.

I do think the rock formation on that is about halfway along the left wall facing out from the door does ruin the view and makes it feel a bit more closed in on that side.

Ill also agree they should open up the alcove on the right and let us use that area. There is already a wall there so why not make that usable space?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really disappointed me was the "Penthouse" in Vivec City. I was like come on, really. It was just like the other rooms, a Penthouse is usually much nicer.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm like, how did you guys add rocks without knowing what rocks you added?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just discovered another CHANGE in the Cavern...this one is REALLLY ODD... It's a single floating rock!!

That rock has always been there, I noticed it months ago.

*Cropped your post so it wouldn't require lots of scrolling*
    Edited by PocketNova on June 8, 2017 1:04AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno

I put effort into it and made a nice series of screenshots with map INCLUDED. As so, I also had to MANUALLY remove all the items stuck behind the boulder and unusable, by going into retrieve and looking into EACH category. There was at least 30 items and it was really frustrating to do it. Now, all those spots are rendered unusable and useless, I have extra furniture in my bag that I have no use of, some of which took me a lot of crowns and materials to craft. If no changes are made I will send a complaint and a refund because this is not good business. You can't sell a product and alter it months later. If the cavern was made BIGGER, I would have no problem, but the actual building surface got smaller.

h53i0Qj.jpg
    This top one rather irritated me, I had this sweet wee hidden camp built for my friend to live in tucked away in that corner, I went back to finish it off and it was completely encased in rock.

4k10TFQ.jpg
    1v5D7SS.jpg
    If I recall correctly that area is not such a bad addition, there was a big rock in that corner with a rather poor texture quality, almost like they took a smaller rock and stretched it out.

I agree that it's ridiculous that they decided to alter the place after it was available to purchase, I'd get it if it was to fix overlapping textures that flicker or if they were low resolution but to remove building areas is annoying, especially one that have already been built in.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayth wrote: »
    If I recall correctly that area is not such a bad addition, there was a big rock in that corner with a rather poor texture quality, almost like they took a smaller rock and stretched it out.

I agree that it's ridiculous that they decided to alter the place after it was available to purchase, I'd get it if it was to fix overlapping textures that flicker or if they were low resolution but to remove building areas is annoying, especially one that have already been built in.

Yes you are correct. The back wall was low texture. However, if you put a tree in front of it and build in that area, it was fine...

...If they wanted to fix it, sll they needed to do was texturize the low textured rock... rather than add many huge boulders in front of it, closing up that area altogether. Kinda stupid and senseless really
  • Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    ...If they wanted to fix it, sll they needed to do was texturize the low textured rock... rather than add many huge boulders in front of it, closing up that area altogether. Kinda stupid and senseless really

Aye, that's what I thought too, overall these changes are rather disappointing, like you said; they only needed to improve the textures on a few of the existing rocks rather than shoving giant rocks everywhere.

h53i0Qj.jpg

That corner didn't even have any texture issues, they just covered up an area I built in for no real reason.

• xBOOBOOxKITTYx
    Hundings palatial got a new window. Second floor on the left... not complaining.. just mentioning
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is with ZOS changing all these things to items people have already bought? People have bought it for a reason? Why act like such control freaks and change it???
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hundings palatial got a new window. Second floor on the left... not complaining.. just mentioning

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know more about which houses received changes too. I haven't noticed anything uncanny in my own houses (I don't own Hundings or the Cavern) but I'd like to know if other houses have received noticeable changes.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
This discussion has been closed.