The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is really upset over it and wants to stop playing can I have your gold and mats?
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is really upset over it and wants to stop playing can I have your gold and mats?

why do u poop a stupid comment in a thread, which is already cleared?
    Edited by Urkraft on June 30, 2017 3:39PM
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno yay! Thank you!! My cavern house thanks you.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was reading this thread with increasing dread as I have been saving up slowly for the Earthtear Cavern. I was *very* relieved to see the final verdict on it (that they are planning on fixing the intentional but poorly thought out changes, and the bugs). It's a beautiful thing, and I would like to choose this game to spend my recreational money on. Now I've only got to wait until they allow decorator permission to place furniture as well, so that my in-game spouse and I can both decorate our shared home without the other having to be online, and then I can go ahead and go crazy throwing money at ESO. :)
  • MeNMyArrow
    MeNMyArrow
    Soul Shriven
    It is NOW July 3rd, and I realize you are doing other things, but COULD You PLEASE fix the cavern? I payed cash money for this cave as did a lot of others, I don't know what goes into programming, but WHOEVER programmed MORROWIND put in some kind of code that interfered with that SPECIFIC area, is it difficult to FIND that specific part of the code that is the same as the code sequence that is similar to the CAVE's sequence? I realize it is a small matter for some, and it isn't life and death, but many have made requests and those many paid time effort and money to have the cave.... we just want it back the way it was. Thank you, and if I could get some kind of response to this message as to a TIME LINE or SOMETHING I would appreciate it.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeNMyArrow wrote: »
    It is NOW July 3rd, and I realize you are doing other things, but COULD You PLEASE fix the cavern? I payed cash money for this cave as did a lot of others, I don't know what goes into programming, but WHOEVER programmed MORROWIND put in some kind of code that interfered with that SPECIFIC area, is it difficult to FIND that specific part of the code that is the same as the code sequence that is similar to the CAVE's sequence? I realize it is a small matter for some, and it isn't life and death, but many have made requests and those many paid time effort and money to have the cave.... we just want it back the way it was. Thank you, and if I could get some kind of response to this message as to a TIME LINE or SOMETHING I would appreciate it.

Check page 12 of this forum post. Gina posted the changes being made.
    "Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August."
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on July 3, 2017 4:03PM
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you very much for resolving this!I'm happy to see instead of trying to bury their head in the sand and pretend mistakes weren't made zos decided to listen and fix it. Cavern has been one of mine and many of my friends favorite personal bits of eso and I can't wait to get it back and even better cause now we get that ledge I could never use
  • Onetoughmama
    Onetoughmama
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Those other places are NOT the only ones that have been changed. I have an issue with the invisible walls in the Forgotten Stronghold. I would like to get the invisible wall near one of the towers removed from where it is. It's far out from where the wall is at. I don't know why it was placed there but it was put to where I could not go up the ramp I built to where I had named "The War Council's Room". All because of that I had to redo most of the ramp, and add more items than I wanted to on it.

http://imgur.com/oxKVcSy

There are more invisible walls near the walls that follows beside the door but it has not made items unusable like that one spot.
    Edited by Onetoughmama on July 5, 2017 7:44PM
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JonRacine
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

When will the cavern be fixed would like an update please
    Thanks
    Edited by Sir_Xalvador on July 7, 2017 7:54PM
  • atlgirl29_ESO
    atlgirl29_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JonRacine
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

When will the cavern be fixed would like an update please
    Thanks

@Sir_Xalvador

Like @Lady_Rosabella posted a few posts up:

Check page 12 of this forum post. Gina posted the changes being made.
    "Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August."
  • MeNMyArrow
    MeNMyArrow
    Soul Shriven
    You know, I saw someone has had the rock fixed in their cave... IDK when they first said anything about, but I filed a ticket and informed several of my friends about this very rock ON the day MORROWIND opened and now I see some have had theirs fixed and in one of my comments I see someone responded that I may have to wait till AUGUST... hmm ... :(
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any word on this?
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We’d like to give you an update on some specific housing issues called out in this thread, and some comments about the issues as a whole.

Here are the fixes we are working on now:
    • Earthtear Cavern – Rocks that were put in place to block access to non-playable areas are being removed. We are also removing the invisible wall along the waterway that blocks access to the rest of the walkway, and fixing the bug that allows it to rain inside.

Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August.

I noticed when I was on the PTS yesterday, that the two large boulders were gone in my cavern but the invisible wall along the waterway by the walkway is still there. The boulders were in the PTS Patch notes but nothing about the invisible wall.

@ZOS_GinaBruno will the invisible wall be gone by Update 15 as you stated in your post?

• makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    The PTS 3.1.0 patch notes has mentioned nothing about the Cavern fixes however does list fixes for the other issues in the other homes.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The PTS 3.1.0 patch notes has mentioned nothing about the Cavern fixes however does list fixes for the other issues in the other homes.

I read those notes a lot and didn't see anything so I wanted to bring this back up.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS Patch Notes v3.1.1
    Homes
    Returned several missing objects to Stay-Moist Mansion.
    Adjusted the placement of two large boulders in Earthtear Cavern, returning them to their original positions prior to the Morrowind update.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on July 19, 2017 6:42PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We’d like to give you an update on some specific housing issues called out in this thread, and some comments about the issues as a whole.

• Earthtear Cavern – Rocks that were put in place to block access to non-playable areas are being removed. We are also removing the invisible wall along the waterway that blocks access to the rest of the walkway, and fixing the bug that allows it to rain inside.

Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August.

I noticed when I was on the PTS yesterday, that the two large boulders were gone in my cavern but the invisible wall along the waterway by the walkway is still there. The boulders were in the PTS Patch notes but nothing about the invisible wall.

@ZOS_GinaBruno will the invisible wall be gone by Update 15 as you stated in your post?

Coincidentally, one of the devs came by my desk literally right before these posts were made to chat about the remaining work that's being done. It's all still in progress. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Coincidentally, one of the devs came by my desk literally right before these posts were made to chat about the remaining work that's being done. It's all still in progress. :)

Thank you for the update
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno, when I saw that the patch notes stated the boulders had been removed, I logged into the PTS and checked my cavern and was happy to see they had been. I swam over to the walkway, hoping that the access to that platform was accessible and was a little disappointed. But knowing you guys are working on it, makes both hubby and I, and I'm sure so many others who own the cavern, very happy!!
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

I read those notes a lot and didn't see anything so I wanted to bring this back up.

Yep, they are in the PTS 3.1.1 :-)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/360311/pts-patch-notes-v3-1-1#latest
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent. Thank You.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Still wandering if the invisible wall along the walkway by the water is going to be removed? It's still there on the PTS as well as the hanging lanterns still stuck in a half-swing state.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Still wandering if the invisible wall along the walkway by the water is going to be removed? It's still there on the PTS as well as the hanging lanterns still stuck in a half-swing state.

my lanterns are swinging, maybe you need to place them again
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »

Thanks, Is the invisible wall in the cavern removed along the right waterway on that platform?
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I too have observed rain inside the cave. Kinda strange really. Didn't know it could rain inside caves.
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    As of today i was on the pts looking at the cavern , boulders were gone but, still can NOT access the walk way on the right side of the cavern, the invisible wall is still there....we were promised that all boulders would be removed by the update in Aug. as well as the invisible wall in the cavern I hope ZOS keeps their promise
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The existing lanterns, that are already hanging, still do not swing. I took them into inventory and back out again and they do not swing, but I can buy new ones from the Crown Store on the PTS and the new ones are swinging.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I hope when the update goes live that all the existing hanging lanterns that I have bought will start swinging because I do not want to buy or create new ones to get the animation back. I also really hope that the invisible wall will be removed along the waterway in the cavern, as promised. I know a lot of friends who have plans for that area, including myself. Thanks!
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The existing lanterns, that are already hanging, still do not swing. I took them into inventory and back out again and they do not swing, but I can buy new ones from the Crown Store on the PTS and the new ones are swinging.

That's odd, mine were existing and swing just fine

PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hubby and two other friends also own the Earthtear Cavern and their hanging lanterns do not swing either. So I guess some people with the Earthtear Cavern have the bug and some do not.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hubby and two other friends also own the Earthtear Cavern and their hanging lanterns do not swing either. So I guess some people with the Earthtear Cavern have the bug and some do not.

Mine are in Tel Galen, maybe it's a problem with Earthtear Cavern?
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
This discussion has been closed.