The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    There have been multiple posts removed in this thread for baiting or flaming. Baiting someone who is having an issue and is looking for help is not something we permit. Please keep your posts in this thread civil and constructive going forward.

There have been multiple updates where ZOS has broken completely fine, properly working, and healthy functions in ESO.
    Many are ignored and not corrected/fixed. The fact that you guys are actually responding to this specific issue is beyond impressive. Baiting players into purchasing content that is not ready for release, who are having issues and are looking for help is not something we permit. Please keep your updates/expansions in this game civil and constructive going forward.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It has now been 10 days since the post by the OP and so many of us are waiting for a reply of how these changes to our caverns are going to be fixed.

My hubby and I each bought the cavern, furnished, with our hard earned money and these huge boulders have been placed in areas that were a part of the reasons we purchased the cavern. We each also purchased two other furnished homes from the crown store.

The area to the northwest with the stone platform was an area that I used to create a nice place to sit with friends, relax and look at the different views, both within and outside of the cavern. I spent hours retrieving items that were stuck inside the ridiculously huge boulder that was placed directly on top of those items.

The area to west, on the right of the waterfall, there was a nice alcove that my hubby used to setup his Vamp/Gothic area and he also spent a long time trying to retrieve those items from within the boulder that was place there. And in that same area I had created a nice tree and flower garden in my cavern and had to retrieve all those items as well.

A lot of people spent hours, maybe even days decorating these areas and I am sure that, like us, these areas were big selling points when we were deciding whether or not to spend real money, not in-game gold, to purchase this cavern. Please get back to us with a date that we can expect to have these huge boulders removed from our homes.

Also, after the update, I came back to all the lights in my cavern in the off position as well as ALL of the "lantern hanging" and "common lantern hanging" no longer having the swinging animations. I did submit a bug report as well as did several of my friends who are having the same issue with all their hanging lanterns. Most of these lanterns had obviously stopped in mid swing and now are frozen in either a left or right slant. Taking them back into our inventory and placing them back out does not put them back into a vertical position.

And, could you possibly get someone to stop the constant storms and raining inside the cavern, it never did it before. I mean these are solid stone ceilings, the occasional drips of water that we use to have is normal for inside a cavern but not a pouring rain storm every five minutes.

Thanks so much for all that you do Gina, hope to hear from you soon!
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on June 16, 2017 6:14AM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It has now been 10 days since the post by the OP and so many of us are waiting for a reply of how these changes to our caverns are going to be fixed.

My hubby and I each bought the cavern, furnished, with our hard earned money and these huge boulders have been placed in areas that were a part of the reasons we purchased the cavern. We each also purchased two other furnished homes from the crown store.

The area to the northwest with the stone platform was an area that I used to create a nice place to sit with friends, relax and look at the different views, both within and outside of the cavern. I spent hours retrieving items that were stuck inside the ridiculously huge boulder that was placed directly on top of those items.

The area to west, on the right of the waterfall, there was a nice alcove that my hubby used to setup his Vamp/Gothic area and he also spent a long time trying to retrieve those items from within the boulder that was place there. And in that same area I had created a nice tree and flower garden in my cavern and had to retrieve all those items as well.

A lot of people spent hours, maybe even days decorating these areas and I am sure that, like us, these areas were big selling points when we were deciding whether or not to spend real money, not in-game gold, to purchase this cavern. Please get back to us with a date that we can expect to have these huge boulders removed from our homes.

Also, after the update, I came back to all the lights in my cavern in the off position as well as ALL of the "lantern hanging" and "common lantern hanging" no longer having the swinging animations. I did submit a bug report as well as did several of my friends who are having the same issue with all their hanging lanterns. Most of these lanterns had obviously stopped in mid swing and now are frozen in either a left or right slant. Taking them back into our inventory and placing them back out does not put them back into a vertical position.

And, could you possibly get someone to stop the constant storms and raining inside the cavern, it never did it before. I mean these are solid stone ceilings, the occasional drips of water that we use to have is normal for inside a cavern but not a pouring rain storm every five minutes.

Thanks so much for all that you do Gina, hope to hear from you soon!

First mistake, spending 3 digits real money on a virtual house. Second mistake, thinking ZOS is going to fix the issues they create due to poor development. They completely destroyed your home that you built, for reasons unknown. Why fix that issue when we clearly need more eyelashes in the crown store...
  • thegamekittenub17_ESO
    Thank you for posting this. I know now not to purchase houses from the crown store.
  • Attica-Centurius
    Again not a big wiz on putting pictures in here but can anyone please confirm that the left wall on my first screenshot hasn't been moved?

https://ibb.co/gK3PL5

Picture One (East-side gateway)
    The left wall is out of line with the right wall, doesn't line up and is also clipping with the gateway.
    The gateway has some broken stones to either side to properly line up any lose walls but the left wall seems to be out of line. (Right wall too but less obvious)

https://ibb.co/iGMN7k
    https://ibb.co/e6qM05

Picture Two and Three (West-side gateway)
    Also just noticed that these walls also aren't aligned properly.
    On picture Two the wall is out of line again and even going over the line with the floor and floating in midair.
    On picture Three shows the other wall which to me seems to be out of line as well since the wall even clips with the gateway itself.

I can understand the need for multiple designers to work on such a huge area but where is any form of supervising or double checking to make sure everything seems to be in order in here? I thought the cave was awesome at first but when now going into the smaller details it turns out to be a bit of a let down. Did expect a better job from a design team who can make great trial area's like Sanctum Ophidia and Hel Ra.
    There are probably multiple versions of the cavern that Zos has. My guess is that a different version than what was originally purchased became copied and pasted in place of the original version.

I sincerely want this to be the error since at the moment if looked in detail this cave seems to have been made by a combination of some decent and some horrible designers with no attention to detail. Give us the version which is made by awesome designers!

ZOS please, if doing an overhaul and fixing what shouldn't have been changed also take in these little eyesores since looking at all the Nedic ruins in Craglorn it doesn't strike me as they were horrible builders who had no sense of how to build a straight wall.

Edited by Attica-Centurius on June 16, 2017 3:27PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    I can't believe this is true... It is just not possible that they would do something like that.

Do you have images?

Lol found the new guy, welcome to Zo$ gaming.

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    I can't believe this is true... It is just not possible that they would do something like that.

Do you have images?

This is different from making changes to a virtual world shared by many players and I am confident they will revert the changes. I don't care what the ToS says, there are very specific regulatory rules against this sort of thing. Express consent to product changes cannot be waived by contract in advance.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

Do you have images?

LOL, you my friend deserve an awesome for that comment.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

LOL, you my friend deserve an awesome for that comment.

<3 !
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for an update on this. It wouldn't be as important to me if it wasn't such an expensive cash shop purchase. I really toggled with myself on wasting crowns on it. It's the small unique spaces that made me choose this over the island. :(
  • MeNMyArrow
    MeNMyArrow
    Soul Shriven
    Is it possible to just go back, PRE-MORROWIND and research which part of the code got scrambled and reset it? I don't know much about it, I just know WHEN it happened... And if you are already working, TY in advance, and do you have a possible timeline when it will be repaired? Also one of my friends who has the cave noticed it isn't only one place that there are other places in the cave that have been moved. Thanks Again :)
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it can help anyone, @Nicky_W and I have recorded a review of the Earth Cavern, and we have a gallery of screenshot BEFORE the change.
    Check it here

We may go in game and see what's going on to provide Before-After shots if needed.
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    If it can help anyone, @Nicky_W and I have recorded a review of the Earth Cavern, and we have a gallery of screenshot BEFORE the change.
    Check it here

We may go in game and see what's going on to provide Before-After shots if needed.

Thank you for the photograph link.

Still waiting on an update or any other comments about the cavern nerf. They are most likely hoping we move on and forget about it.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the extra info, everyone. We're looking into this to see what happened and how we can fix it in the future.

Hopefully you will fix also the missing beach stones and missing beach sea weed in Hundings pallatial hall too, but not "in the future" somewhere, but asap pls
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for the extra info, everyone. We're looking into this to see what happened and how we can fix it in the future.

I've not logged in for a while, and not been logging in game either as just so frustrated with ithe whole game recently, from these unwarranted changes, to the general lag in every single area and terrible perfoamce and bugs since patch, to the drastic nerfs and changes which in my opinion have litterly ripped the heart and fun out of the game...

...So I've logged in today to see if this thread has finally been answered, or updated, and I am very disapointed to see that it seems to have just gone totally ignored.

We have all asked a few times for a response to this, and Gina's last reply was on June 7th (above)... Any answer would have been appreciated, but to continually just ignore the thread is a bit of a slap in the face for anyone who are bothered by these changes and who spent the money for this purchase. It is VERY disapointing!

It would seem a very easy thing to get to the bottom of. I imagine there not being hundreds of staff, but a team of people who work on certain areas of the game, such as housing. Asking who worked on the Cavern, why it was changed, what happened, and can it be returned to it's previous state, seems to me to be a very simple process... yet a few weeks later and still no update or comment whatsoever.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    Check it here

Hi Elloa and Nicky.

Nice review of the Cavern... Just a note though... all your footage and shots are from a distance and so do not cover the areas affected as they are in corners that you have to walk into to view. For example, the small area behind what seemed to be a stone chimney tower, was hidden from sight by the stone chimney itself. You would have had to have walked onto that platform and walked around it to have discovered it, which is why it was a cool area. Impossible to see it now that there has been a small mountain placed over the entire area.

Lovely review though ;)
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even have the EarthTear Cavern........and this post makes me salty. What is the excuse behind not informing the people that have bought this what the situation is. I love this game.....but this is unacceptable. I have been saving for this area but they way you are handling this situation really deters me from wanting to spend Crowns on this housing or any for that matter.

I feel sorry for all waiting on answers and being ignored.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »

I've not logged in for a while, and not been logging in game either as just so frustrated with ithe whole game recently, from these unwarranted changes, to the general lag in every single area and terrible perfoamce and bugs since patch, to the drastic nerfs and changes which in my opinion have litterly ripped the heart and fun out of the game...

...So I've logged in today to see if this thread has finally been answered, or updated, and I am very disapointed to see that it seems to have just gone totally ignored.

We have all asked a few times for a response to this, and Gina's last reply was on June 7th (above)... Any answer would have been appreciated, but to continually just ignore the thread is a bit of a slap in the face for anyone who are bothered by these changes and who spent the money for this purchase. It is VERY disapointing!

It would seem a very easy thing to get to the bottom of. I imagine there not being hundreds of staff, but a team of people who work on certain areas of the game, such as housing. Asking who worked on the Cavern, why it was changed, what happened, and can it be returned to it's previous state, seems to me to be a very simple process... yet a few weeks later and still no update or comment whatsoever.

Very true and at least 2 more of these have been discoverd since you raised this with a lack of response on the orums or to support tickets.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems Mathiesen Manor has also been changed. The Aldmeri high elf style windows have been removed from inside the Manor, so they have no windows with incoming light. Why would you do that?

It annoys me even more now that it is becomming apparent that someone at ZOS decided all these houses needed to be changed. Not fixed. Not getting rid of invisible walls and other prblems, just changed. Little niggly things as well as big changes. The only apparent reason for these changes is to upset people. This comes across like a ZOS troll.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by MacCait on June 25, 2017 6:31PM
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed a lot of furnishing items have also been changed in addition to actual houses. Nord lamps white now instead of yellow, hanging lamps no longer have swaying animations, ect.

As already mentioned here there has been little to no explanation from Zos on changes to CS/cosmetic items. This trend of Zos' to change already purchased content grows increasingly unsettling.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert can we please get an update on these issues? I have bought 3 "Furnished" houses from the Crown store, including the cavern also my husband has bought 3 houses furnished from the crown store, including the cavern, and we would like to know when these unwarranted changes, especially these huge boulders, will be removed so that we can use those spaces again for furnishings.

Also when will you be fixing the animations on the swinging (hanging) lanterns, my cavern is full of these lanterns and all of them no longer swing with half of them stuck in a sideways, mid-swing position since the update. Taking them into your inventory and placing them back out does not fix the issue. The whole reason for buying/making all those hanging lanterns was for the effect of them swinging with the airflow that goes through the cavern.

And yes, I have submitted bug reports as well as several other friends. I will not be purchasing anything else from the Crown store if this is what happens with purchases we make with our hard earned money.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on June 26, 2017 6:35PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry meant to post here too - just got this from support, they were unable to give an ETA
    Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to support regarding your issue with the houses. After reviewing the information you've provided, we have bugs in our system both for Mathiisen Manor (windows specifically) and Hunding's Palatial Hall (the beach clutter and ship). These are issues that our support team are working on resolving in a future update to the game. Even the mentioned Earthtear Cavern (that I found through your links) is also being reviewed by our development team.

Not a solution and no excuse for lack of forum comms but does suggest it is on someone's radar, I asked for an estimate on fix time and will update if they can give me anything useful.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in replying. We're talking through some possible options, and will let you know what we plan to do regarding these changes. Will keep you all in the loop and let you know what's decided as soon as possible.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in replying. We're talking through some possible options, and will let you know what we plan to do regarding these changes. Will keep you all in the loop and let you know what's decided as soon as possible.

Options? How about: Revert the changes back?
    PC-NA
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you explain what you mean by options? Options for how to fix it, or options about the cause? Thank you.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that the window issue in the one house is an obvious option as to what to do. Reducing the space in the cavern isn't awesome and the removal of things off the beach of Hundings is kind of lame (my beach look so sad now lol). But the window issue seems like a no brainer to me. And I hope going forward, if these things were done intentionally, that they will be discussed or added to patch notes instead of having to be brought up by the players first. And also going forward, if these changes are not reverted, your player base will know that purchasing expensive homes is at their own risk and everything is subject to be changed.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    Revert or Refund (option). I really like the Cavern however if this changes stick I would prefer a refund option.
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

What options ?
    You changed stuff after purchase (for a lot of cash) !! Put it back the way it was immediately.
    [snip]

[Edit for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 26, 2017 8:51PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think what has everyone scratching their head is this: Why mess with these things at all?

Whether it's shrinking a cavern, removing windows from a house, seaweed from a beach or changing lanterns/lighting that was purchased in good faith, changing something after the buyer has spent crowns on it isn't very ethical no matter whether legal/TOS compliant or not.

It's like if someone bought a new car, and a month later they woke up one morning to find that the dealer had stopped by in the middle of the night and removed the rear window while the car was parked in the driveway. I think that's how people feel about this.
    PS4NA
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response Gina. I agree with all the comments above, which I think deep down any reasonable person would agree with. However, just letting us know that you are actually looking at this and trying to figure out what can be done about it now, and that the ZOS team are not just ignoring everyone, is at least appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.