The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are rly some good changes:

-like permablock nerfs
    -cost increase poisons
    -skelle trollking nerfs(selene might want another)
    -redguard nerf
    etc

so i rly see some serious issues on mag sorcs and maybe even mag nbs:

- stam chars get far more nerfs
    - indirect shield buffs through CP changes making them ALOT stronger

i rly dont like the tank meta, so i dont think stam dks or stamplars where stronger tanks than stamblades or stamsorcs at all(Im still a medium armor stamblade), the only nerf i felt like required was that leap doesnt break roll.(never thought i defend stamplar stam dk someday )

so the right way would have been to adress the insane amount of spells going through roll and a medium armor buff and a nerf of the heavy armor hp bonus:

leap, jabs, soulassault(my necroblade can insta kill most medium armor chars in one soulassault), beam, curse, mines, temp ult, dbos and so on...

so magicka sorcs are currently best in slot/or near it in almost every aspect in the game:

-PvE dps(Im no expert on this, but i heard they are and my 3 divines sorc pulls 30-35kdps on bosses)
    - 1vX gameplay
    - duels(especially if pet sorc)
    - and magicka is grouplay anyway better

One last question where is with the bonepirate nerf the medium armor equivalent of sets like:
    necropotence(should give spelldmg not magicka)
    lich
    amberplasm
    seventh legion
    burning spellweave
    ravager

so ill just go on my mag sorc or mag nb and soulassault medium armor players...
    or take a lightning resto shieldbreaker on stamblade(huehue)
  • Ggang5
    Ggang5
    Soul Shriven
    Can I say that the dragonknight changes to battelroar and helping hands, is not right because you are taking away what a dragonknight benefits from, max stats, and changing it to base off you level is a huge nerf to any experienced dragonknight both magic or stamina based classes. I disagree with this nerf because this is what make the dragonknight unique and different than other classes when it comes to sustain. I get you are trying to have more recovery based gameplay, but on a dragonknight it is possible for you to run 2500 stamina recovery and have a decent max stamina pool to turn a tide of a fight when out numbered especially in group play. I am really disappointed with this change.
    Trash ass dragonknight
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this patch is going to hurt a lot. You already nerfed the potential return from ele drain with minor magsteal... and now you nerf minor magsteal... mf...

And the block cost increases I'm pretty sure just wrecked my sorc tank play as you want abilities. gg.

Everyone please stop saying "seducer BiS next patch." ZoS may see your comments and reduce the 5 piece to 2% cost reduction.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    "Fixed an issue where abilities and bonuses that allow you to ignore the Movement Speed penalty from sneak would stack, causing you to sneak at extremely high speeds."

Ouch. So sad. So sad.

This might have been a bug, but allowed for, by far, the most fun toon to play in both PVP and overland PVE I had a chance to play in my 4000+ hours.

EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    changes look pretty interesting imho.
    that said, i think among all the other nerfs amberplasm, heavy attack stamina return and lich (warlock to some extend) may been been overlooked and are strangely strong now.

i don't know yet if there are also changes to resource DRAINing poisons (especially with damage resource poisons nerfed). if they adjusted both kinds, okay. otherwise the draining ones may have become the new opthing

i'm really curious w.r.t how new pve builds will look. i expect HUGE changes. no idea what may be top digs. especially current petsorcs are very hungry on magicka. let's see, inb4 raids full of stamblades xDDD

'nough speculation, time to test though
    Edited by Kas on April 17, 2017 11:05PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    This game is heading in the wrong direction. Displeased with these changes, heavily.

truly some bad decisions in this lot.

even worse than what was speculated.

• Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    CP Nerfed
    Heavy Armor Nerfed
    Unlimited Resources Nerfed
    Cost Poisions Nerfed
    Permablock Nerfed

Unreal, amazing changes, we have been asking for this *** for a long time, now we can finally see the result of the playtest they did with players a few months ago. Time to put skill back in the game, gj ZoS

You forgot healing, but yeah i agree.

Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • AsNied
    AsNied
    ✭✭✭
    CP Nerfed
    Heavy Armor Nerfed
    Cost Poisions Nerfed
    Permablock Nerfed

Unreal, amazing changes, we have been asking for this *** for a long time, now we can finally see the result of the playtest they did with players a few months ago. Time to put skill back in the game, gj ZoS

^^ This ^^
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    So are mDKs close ranged sorcs?
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »
    There are rly some good changes:

-like permablock nerfs
    -cost increase poisons
    -skelle trollking nerfs(selene might want another)
    -redguard nerf
    etc

so i rly see some serious issues on mag sorcs and maybe even mag nbs:

- stam chars get far more nerfs
    - indirect shield buffs through CP changes making them ALOT stronger

i rly dont like the tank meta, so i dont think stam dks or stamplars where stronger tanks than stamblades or stamsorcs at all(Im still a medium armor stamblade), the only nerf i felt like required was that leap doesnt break roll.(never thought i defend stamplar stam dk someday )

so the right way would have been to adress the insane amount of spells going through roll and a medium armor buff and a nerf of the heavy armor hp bonus:

leap, jabs, soulassault(my necroblade can insta kill most medium armor chars in one soulassault), beam, curse, mines, temp ult, dbos and so on...

so magicka sorcs are currently best in slot/or near it in almost every aspect in the game:

-PvE dps(Im no expert on this, but i heard they are and my 3 divines sorc pulls 30-35kdps on bosses)
    - 1vX gameplay
    - duels(especially if pet sorc)
    - and magicka is grouplay anyway better

One last question where is with the bonepirate nerf the medium armor equivalent of sets like:
    necropotence(should give spelldmg not magicka)
    lich
    amberplasm
    seventh legion
    burning spellweave
    ravager

so ill just go on my mag sorc or mag nb and soulassault medium armor players...
    or take a lightning resto shieldbreaker on stamblade(huehue)

^ this.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AsNied wrote: »
    CP Nerfed
    Heavy Armor Nerfed
    Cost Poisions Nerfed
    Permablock Nerfed

^^ This ^^

and watch the casuals who fund the game go elsewhere.

gg, zos. you've got this huge new influx of players in the game AS IT IS NOW and you're going to twist it on them in two months?

just brilliant. :/

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New meta incoming. Overall, I'm very satisfied about the incoming changes. I need to test it by myself.
    As a sorcerer or a warden, it may become possible to really compete with templar as healer.
    These changes will favor the skill and lessen the gap beetwen high CP and low CP players, much needed for the battlegrounds.
    Oddly enough, the most exciting change for me is the Inversed Kinematic introduction xD
    Can't wait for my download to finish, I want to explore morrowind!
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    on a serious note, very heavily disappointed in how they changed Champion Points. Why remove Magician and nerf nearly all CP? They didn't have a problem with it the past, and the nerf last patch I felt was sufficient enough, for PvE. I understand that most of these changes were inspired to 'balance' PvP, but what about PvE? They claim that they want more variety, but I honestly believe they just want an excuse to justify the changes, while their main focus was completely on PvP.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realize this update is tough to swallow for a lot, i play dk and nb and im excited to see how it works. Im sure things will change before live, but this feels like a huge reset that was needed. Could it be better? Sure, but thats what PTS is for.

Just remeber thay everyone is getting the ceiling lowered on them.

Im scared to face an eclipse though lol.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you nerfed heavy armor, resource sustain, perma- blocking, and healing but didn't quite acknowledge that these things arose from the ridiculous amounts of damage that you can put out in PVP. Sure you nerfed the damage that CP provides by a little bit.. But you nerfed the counters to that damage (heavy armor and healing) even more. Don't get me wrong, heavy armor and perma blocking needed a nerf, but damage needed a bigger nerf than just some minor CP adjustment. Now youve forced players into medium and light armor without nerfing the damage enough to make up for this. Looks like this is goodbye to all the solo stamina players (especially Stam DKs I feel sorry for you guys). Without resource sustain, good healing, and being forced into medium armor, taking on more than one target is going to be crazy hard regardless of their skill level, looks like zerging might even get worse somehow.

Side note: I main a Mageblade and I knew this patch would have resource recovery nerfs, but I wasn't worried because of the siphoning attacks ability. Well... You nerfed that, wasn't expecting that at all and I'm honestly a bit disappointed cause mageblade didn't need nerfs. This skill made sustain easier but through light attack weaving.. Which takes some learning. So sustain was only easy with mageblade if you could weave, which takes skill and thought (kinda like how you guys want the game to be). Also I'm pretty sure you guys said you would change merciless resolve but I didn't see that at all.. So mageblade didn't get better this patch.. It got worse somehow. Very sad day
    Edited by Stamicka on April 17, 2017 11:18PM
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar's changes are so beautiful, now every class will be able to heal :D No major mending :D Thank you, ZOS!
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New PvE Raid meta:

- 2 Templar Tanks (well, maybe 1 Warden)
    - 2 Templar Healers (well, maybe 1 Warden)
    - 8 Sorc DDs

Roleplaying time for the others, so get your fishing poles out and farm the materials for the big boys.

I am pretty sure Zenimax does not play the same game as me.

Edited by Flameheart on April 18, 2017 12:17PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda feels like an April Fools joke actually...
    Globally destroyed all resource regeneration and cost reduction, for no particular reason lol.

Made all CP passives generally more pointless because "progression" lol.

Dropped a 100 ft Warden tree on the Templar "house" because Templars lol.

Lots of unnecessary nerfs because forum QQ and too lazy to balance separately for PVE and PVP lol.

Sorc master race no nerfs 4 u lol!

I am all for rolling with the changes but a lot of this seems totally pointless.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BALANCE SEPARATELY FOR PVE AND PVP?

Half the time it would mean just balancing for PVP and just leaving PVE the heck alone already!

*sigh* Come what may...
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eshja wrote: »
    Templar's changes are so beautiful, now every class will be able to heal :D No major mending :D Thank you, ZOS!

Evry Class were able to heal, if you werent able take a look on the skillbars and maybe try some stuff out.
    Some classes have benefits which others class have not..
    Making evry class the same isnt balancing..
    Its just sh**

Evry time i hear such stuff, usually i see the thread in the forum where people complain about why does a Dk refelct overload, remove that broken ***... (wings)
    Im so done with that casual community which isnt even able to think about their own Setup.
    Worst thing is Azura Eu, so many kids which stack Dmg and running out of ressources after 2 dizzing swings or 3-4 bol, and after you wrecked them they are insulting you, flaming you or even saying you are a cheater cause you are smart to use unique Setups for a class which are working.
    But i guess playing Oneshoot Nb and then complaiming about Heals on a Dk or Templar ,,,
    Ofc pls
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to nerf Atronach and Serpent mundus stones, because having resources apparently is not allowed now.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I see buff to AOE I know that zergs will get even stronger. Buff to caltrops will make 24 man bomb groups even more deadly and unkillable, this change cannot go to live servers!!!

Every narrow point(bridge, gates, breaches) will be spammed with caltrops like there's no tomorrow! It will create even more stacking like we have now!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and im looking forward to face an Sorcer in Medium or even Heavy Armor now with Curse Spam, ,Poison and on top Soul Assault

Sounds like fun..
  • Jackfrost13674
    Jackfrost13674
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, I'm very sad to see all these nerfs, I and others have originally bought this game as some said to play the way I or you would want to play. I personally feel as if I am being forced to play a certain way that I am not at all comfortable with. I for one have put countless (and I mean countless) hours into farming and grinding those champion points in cracked wood cave thinking and looking at the road ahead that having and utilizing those bonuses would be great. Now I feel that Zenimax has taken all the work and effort I put in and just hit delete on me. I really hope something changes during the pre-patch testing.
  • BillNye_Eso
    BillNye_Eso
    ✭✭✭
    Is igneous still a skill? Borderline stupid right now. Just take away major mending at this point. Oh boy gonna cast my 3k shield so I can heal more! Oh someone light attacked me now my shields gone. It was up for about less than a second. And i gkt no buff to my healing! Can't wait for this patch to go live, game seems so much better now. Not being sarcastic either, I can't wait to log in and use my useless skills with my useless passive and have some fun!! Good think I preordered the new expansion so I can play this very balanced game with the new balanced class that's totally not gonna be broken and not the only playable class left. Cant wait to manage resources, Regen, dmg, and mitigation all at once while constantly having something rammed into my booty by 20+ people. Love the game. 10/10 positive steam reviews.
    Edited by BillNye_Eso on April 17, 2017 11:33PM
    PC Na
    Animosity Founder
    Ep Orc Stam Dk
    Only believes in 10k+ Leaps
    Changed to Warden since Dk is dead class
    Changed back to dk since dead inside
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm very sad to see all these nerfs, I and others have originally bought this game as some said to play the way I or you would want to play. I personally feel as if I am being forced to play a certain way that I am not at all comfortable with. I for one have put countless (and I mean countless) hours into farming and grinding those champion points in cracked wood cave thinking and looking at the road ahead that having and utilizing those bonuses would be great. Now I feel that Zenimax has taken all the work and effort I put in and just hit delete on me. I really hope something changes during the pre-patch testing.

You know how the last test on Pts ended?
    People reported Bugs/Exploits or even Wrongs Stats not working abillities.
    And they just bring all thoses fails on the Live-Server.
    I actually dont know any Patch since IC-p without any Bugs.
    Mostly the Bug where for several weeks on live even month, so dont worry. Later you will get banned cause you abused those Bugs which wasnt fixed, directly.
    But not my Beer
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

• Sacred Ground: This passive ability now grants Minor Mending instead of Major Mending when you are standing in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect.
      Developer Comments:
      With a similar goal to reducing uptime on Major Mending as noted with the Igneous Shield change, Templars having 100% uptime on Major Mending by just standing within their areas of protection is stronger than we’d like and is one of the reasons they are the most desirable healer in endgame situations. We’ve changed the bonus to Minor Mending instead, but have increased the bonus from the Mending passive to compensate slightly.
    [/list]

I was just reading the warden passive, accelerated growth. I don't see the logic in this templar nerf, as this passive for warden will be easier to have up compared to the ritual.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Jackfrost13674
    Jackfrost13674
    Soul Shriven
    Is igneous still a skill? Borderline stupid right now. Just take away major mending at this point. Oh boy gonna cast my 3k shield so I can heal more! Oh someone like attacked me now my shields gone. It was up for about less than a second. And i gkt no buff to my healing! Can't wait for this patch to go live, game seems so much better now. Not being sarcastic either, I can't wait to log in and use my useless skills with my useless passive and have some fun!! Good think I preordered the new expansion so I can play this very balanced game with the new balanced class that's totally not gonna be broken and not the only playable class left. Cant wait to manage resources, Regen, dmg, and mitigation all at once while constantly having something rammed into my booty by 20+ people. Love the game. 10/10 positive steam reviews.

I couldn't agree more man for real its so sad to me what they are doing to "balance the game"
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just reading the warden passive, accelerated growth. I don't see the logic in this templar nerf, as this passive for warden will be easier to have up compared to the ritual.

Promise of new class being OP sells boxes.

Edited by Phinix1 on April 17, 2017 11:35PM
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Coldharbour and was stunned indefinitely when Coldharbour sentinel saw me. Reported as bug. Will test to see if other stuns make me permastunned as well
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
This discussion has been closed.