The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are greatest patch notes I have ever seen. Loving all of it!

Apart from AoE's not pulling NB's out of cloak. WTF is that about?
    PC EU
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK uprising! Really,the hell are they thinking,there arenow no reasons to play the class
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    aXbdgqP_700b.jpg
  • Excabor
    Excabor
    ✭✭
    We’ve added several new features and options, called out below, that will better improve your UI experience.
    You can now enable buff and debuff trackers! These are found in Settings under the Combat section.
    You can track debuffs on your target from everyone or just from yourself, or track buffs and debuffs on just yourself.
    You can also toggle the visibility of permanent effects with no defined duration (such as Mundus Stones) and effects lasting longer than a minute (such as food buffs).
    With the addition of this system, Major and Minor effects have updated with more consistent iconography. Viewing the effect in the character sheet will show the source of the buff.

LOVING THIS !
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is dead but i have spent way to much irl money and in game gold to delete
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excabor wrote: »
    We’ve added several new features and options, called out below, that will better improve your UI experience.
    You can now enable buff and debuff trackers! These are found in Settings under the Combat section.
    You can track debuffs on your target from everyone or just from yourself, or track buffs and debuffs on just yourself.
    You can also toggle the visibility of permanent effects with no defined duration (such as Mundus Stones) and effects lasting longer than a minute (such as food buffs).
    With the addition of this system, Major and Minor effects have updated with more consistent iconography. Viewing the effect in the character sheet will show the source of the buff.

LOVING THIS !

brilliant!
    PC EU
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirate nerf :(

Stygian nerf, was just about to buy this set and put it on my magblade for lols

All I'm seeing is NERFS, not good
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on April 17, 2017 11:50PM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

[*]Caltrops:
    • Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target.
    • Reduced the size of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 12 meters.
    • Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 12 seconds from 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
    • Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
      Developer Comments:
      The changes to Caltrops allow it to behave more like a standard ground-targeted damage over time ability, such as Lightning Splash or Volley. This will help improve Stamina builds’ sustained single target and area of effect damage in dungeons and Trials.
    [/list]

[/list]

Yeah there's a lot of nerfs going around but can live with most of it. However, this one buff cannot go to live as it is. Else you will see a 24 man group with 24 caltrops. If you thought snares were bad now... wait until everywhere you see is covered with caltrops. Overall, you need to move in the direction of less snares, not more snares. This will only encourage more snares. This damage does not need to stack. Seriously this will become the new spammable, ranged AOE DPS snare that every zerg will be using. 40 of these in a breach, if that's 2k per tick, then that's 80k DPS walking through a breach or standing on a flag.... it will be terrible.

Oh god damn, I didn't even see this moronic change....

Well, allowing Caltrops to stack is a major buff to stam AoE DPS in PvE. So from a PvE perspective, this is a really nice change. No idea how it's going to work in PvP, though.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading these notes, I'm glad I have a sorcerer. And I'm rolling a Warden to replace my Templar

As for the DKs ... I'm guessing it won't be until Camelot Unchained until I see you again.
  • ZarosA
    ZarosA
    ✭✭
    This is horrible, DKs are unplayable now...
    Edited by ZarosA on April 18, 2017 12:03AM
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is dead but i have spent way to much irl money and in game gold to delete

I have same feelings - my only one playable character (and main) is stamblade I'm playing for since beta....
    And now, what I get 3 years later. Totally nothing. The worst and unplayable class in the game. In it will get even worse. I thought Siphoning Strikes will save me, that this little thing will differ me from other builds, that I'll have better sustain and will concentrate more on DPS.
    Now they literally removed this skill from trials for me. Healing for survivability? Are you kidding? Maybe, remove healers and stay with selfhealing?
    And with Vigor nerfing now I have to use both skills for vMA: SphA and Vigor. Stupid and unessesary changes.

Vigor:
    Vigor was too cheap for an area of effect healing ability

What? The only tank SOMETIMES were using higher range morph skill. Vigor was always selhealing skill, but somehow ZOS dicided it's AoE.... Again because of PvP as I guess, right?

SphA:
    This ability now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Health instead of Magicka or Stamina.

For what I wonder? Reduce Vigor healing and give stamblades SphA healing? Will this save from 10-15k attack in vet trials? Sure, ZOS think - yes.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading these notes, I'm glad I have a sorcerer. And I'm rolling a Warden to replace my Templar

As for the DKs ... I'm guessing it won't be until Camelot Unchained until I see you again.

Pretty much this, will scraping the dk and Templar in pvp and just playing my sorc
  • Sadistic_Nicci
    Really disappointed.

You guys nerfed a lot of abilities, and passives for Templars, DK's and other things, while it appears that Warden will still possess them.

How do we play a game that's constantly spitting on everything we do PvE and PvP wise? You guys give us nothing, while taking away everything. Been lacking a lot of motivation to play since One Tamriel.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam is dead RIP stam you Won't be missed everyones a sorc or warden, month later stamblade whats that something you can eat, sounds stupid
  • Jaguar_SF
    Jaguar_SF
    ✭✭✭
    Great changes I love it!

Heavy armor should be looked at and it needs better adjustment. You give me no reason to play light and medium armor builds.
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    Ofc i want to see how it's all gonna be on a game server, but meanwhile I have a feeling that I won't play this game after up-dating.
    ZOS please.. just fix current bugs and don't do naything else. Me and a lot of players have a feeling that we f..ked. We want to play a game for which have paid. But not in that game which is created in last months by your dull developer of game mechanics, i bet he doesnt even play ESO.
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • Jaguar_SF
    Jaguar_SF
    ✭✭✭
    Great changes I love it!

Heavy armor should be looked at and it needs better adjustment. You give me no reason to play light and medium armor builds.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These patch notes confirms that it is now time for me to quit this game....

No you cannot have my stuff... I deconned it all and gave the gold to a friend.
    Edited by Nebthet78 on April 17, 2017 11:58PM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

[*]Caltrops:
    • Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target.
    • Reduced the size of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 12 meters.
    • Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 12 seconds from 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
    • Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
      Developer Comments:
      The changes to Caltrops allow it to behave more like a standard ground-targeted damage over time ability, such as Lightning Splash or Volley. This will help improve Stamina builds’ sustained single target and area of effect damage in dungeons and Trials.
    [/list]

[/list]

Yeah there's a lot of nerfs going around but can live with most of it. However, this one buff cannot go to live as it is. Else you will see a 24 man group with 24 caltrops. If you thought snares were bad now... wait until everywhere you see is covered with caltrops. Overall, you need to move in the direction of less snares, not more snares. This will only encourage more snares. This damage does not need to stack. Seriously this will become the new spammable, ranged AOE DPS snare that every zerg will be using. 40 of these in a breach, if that's 2k per tick, then that's 80k DPS walking through a breach or standing on a flag.... it will be terrible.

Oh god damn, I didn't even see this moronic change....

Well, allowing Caltrops to stack is a major buff to stam AoE DPS in PvE. So from a PvE perspective, this is a really nice change. No idea how it's going to work in PvP, though.

It will be a welcome surprise When keep walls come down 1st wave of enemy players get caltrop nuked
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really disappointed.

You guys nerfed a lot of abilities, and passives for Templars, DK's and other things, while it appears that Warden will still possess them.

How do we play a game that's constantly spitting on everything we do PvE and PvP wise? You guys give us nothing, while taking away everything. Been lacking a lot of motivation to play since One Tamriel.

Agreed. Can someone explain to me the logic of yanking away Templar Major Mending while Warden healers get to keep it?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam is dead RIP stam you Won't be missed everyones a sorc or warden, month later stamblade whats that something you can eat, sounds stupid

You see the only people who are still stamblades are stamblades because they like being a stamblade, like me, yes stamblades are still viable but were limited, everyone using the same gear
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Kinda feels like an April Fools joke actually...
    Globally destroyed all resource regeneration and cost reduction, for no particular reason lol.

Made all CP passives generally more pointless because "progression" lol.

Dropped a 100 ft Warden tree on the Templar "house" because Templars lol.

Lots of unnecessary nerfs because forum QQ and too lazy to balance separately for PVE and PVP lol.

Sorc master race no nerfs 4 u lol!

I am all for rolling with the changes but a lot of this seems totally pointless.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BALANCE SEPARATELY FOR PVE AND PVP?

Half the time it would mean just balancing for PVP and just leaving PVE the heck alone already!

*sigh* Come what may...

I agree it is needed. However, how can they do it? Abilities do not have separate definitions for PVP and PVE as far as I know, and there has to be some kind of practical limit to what they can do with Battle Spirit.

I do wonder if it would take less total time to overhaul the whole "powers" system - have two versions of the same power for PVP and PVE - than it would take to constantly try to balance around two completely different gameplay modes.

I know I would be fine with a "content light" period if it gave them the ability to separately balance PVP and PVE.

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main Mag Sorc and I've very surprised we were untouched when everyone else was hit. I think we are in a good spot, and I think now we'll be way too strong with the current changes to other classes.

Also I'm worried that zerging players will still be able to stack only Damage due to numbers where small scale players will be forced into sustaining and massive Damage loss.

Overall will be interesting. Glad to see the healing cone. BoL spam was too strong in PvP for groups.
  • central_scrutinizer
    I will pay an extra $10 a month on my sub to play on a server that's only patched as far as thieves guild, and that will not be touched by the current team. I will pay up to $60 per character to move there.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 stam sorcs 1 healing warden win every game, cant wait to hear the complaints.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is needed. However, how can they do it? Abilities do not have separate definitions for PVP and PVE as far as I know, and there has to be some kind of practical limit to what they can do with Battle Spirit.

There are a few examples of abilities that have an extra tooltip line stating it works different when used against a player.

It would be really simple to do. Just stop yourself every time you feel the twitch response to make massive unwarranted changes that completely undermine the game dynamics in response to forum QQ and PVP meta and implement it as a tooltip change for PVP-specific effects instead.

HfjVmv3.jpg
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow... I wasn't expecting that much stuff... Where are the balance changes?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the changes!
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    So you nerf stamina even harder by giving a flat %5 increase to all skill costs when Magicka already has a massive upper hand in sustain effects?

GG ZoS, RIP any and all stamina builds, if you thought it was Elder Staves Online before just wait.
    Edited by masterbroodub17_ESO on April 18, 2017 1:14AM
This discussion has been closed.