The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job ZOS, you've tried to fix a problem that isn't even there.

Incoming more Altmer and Dunmer mag DDs and Redguard stam DDs. It's like the other races don't exist!

PvP gets all the nerfs at the cost of PvE. In other news, water is wet.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So with the stealth damage change can mnb also get a stun since the damage is being removed?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Where's sorc nerf
    2. Where's magblade buff
    3. Where's token system

Btw ZOS, it's already a little bit too late for April jokes, so please post normal patch notes.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No explanation for all the nerfs to cost reduction?

So not only do we lose cost reduction cp, but we also lose cost reduction with light and medium armor?!?!?!?!

Are you trying to bleed us dry in vma and other hard content where sustain IS an issue for many players?

Skyforge just came out for ps4, so if these changes don't get reverted then I've found a new home.

And to those trolls that want my stuff if I leave, no you cannot have it.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Skeironn
    Skeironn
    Soul Shriven
    i really disappointed we have no sustain right now in pts and you guys enjoy with that
    rapid strikes now 1400 cost in pts 1917 cost
    rending slash now 600 or 700(cant remember) in pts 1600 cost what the hell is this ? and this is just 2 skill think about others

sorry guy i dont have good english cant write very well but if this happen i never play this game anymore
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I'm pleased with most of the changes! :)
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow this is the worst patch notes ive ever seen, if a lot of *** isnt changed im quitting, im tired of 0 progression in this game i wanna get stronger with each update i dont want the 40 *** zos keeps shoving up my ass, who wants my ***?
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh ***, my eyes are bleeding when I'm reading this...
    No shield and destro ult changes?
    Also just rerolled back to redguard from a bosmer couple days ago and now I see it was huge mistake with upcoming nerf:/
    Edited by Denyiir on April 18, 2017 1:01AM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkrift wrote: »
    They are trying to make the game more tactical than spammie (or is it spammy? not the stuff in the can, although just as bad). I for one appreciate the changes instead of mag <insert class> max your magicka and nothing else, etc and so forth. Makes for more complex decisions, builds and gameplay.

Other people like to provide support through resource management. I liked being a templar because I have repentance, because I have shards and because I can heal and cleanse people at the same time. It made me feel like I am contributing to the group. If they keep disabling templars to do what the templar kit was suppose to do, then I will just slot BoL and then do DPS. Screw supporting people. Since people will no longer rely on me for resource management, then why don't they also provide their own buffs? Why should I buff them and debuff the enemy? If everyone was suppose to learn to manage resources then they should also learn to buff themselves. I'm even gonna stop wearing SPC and taking combat prayer out of my bar. This time around to each it's own. Why don't everyone just slot Warhorn as their Ultimate if they want Major Force? I'm done supporting, when I am constantly being attack by these nerfs. Good luck!!!

I am not saying that people should always rely on their healers/tanks to provide them buffs and sustain their resources, but nerfing something like repentance is just silly, because that is what makes the templar's kit unique it provides support to it's allies and heal at the same time. The reason why you would want to have a templar in raids was not solely for breath of life, it was because the active and passive skills we had was best at support. I have a feeling they will nerf extended ritual next, maybe get rid of the cleanse, because the templar class is the only class in game that has an actual cleanse.
    Edited by me_ming on April 18, 2017 1:05AM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have loved a Telvanni tower, and I now have nothing to spend my crowns on. Besides that, I am looking forward to June 6th.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these reeks of them wanting to shoehorn the warden class by nerfing the best abilities of other classes so they (wardens) are required to have in groups.

I liked to play a support build, healing and buffing, and for that I chose Templar... now, you removed everything that made that better, and gave it to the Warden... That's a *very* dishonest move. Specially, since Wardens will be paywalled behind the """"expansion"""" pack".

You know what? I don't care about playing a new class/new char for doing the same I was doing before, so, that means if I can't play my rol with the class I chose, I probably won't play the game anymore... in the end that will lead me to not sub anymore and an ESO+ supporter since March 2014 will be gone from the game.

Another thing that baffles me... you nerf Worm set and BUFF Hircine's?
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These changes are surprisingly very fair. Solid job @Wrobel
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

did we even read the same notes? cause i think you missed a lot
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • nemisan
    nemisan
    ✭✭✭
    Edited after re-read of patch notes...think temps will still be the go to healers even if this BS goes live...which I doubt...fingers crossed for mdks...
    Edited by nemisan on April 18, 2017 1:55AM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow I can't wait for all the improvements on my medium armour stamblade and I was just thinking to start doing some pve to get bone pirate tatters
    :/

Just wow. And I'll be dammed if I'm going to reroll an alt
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Oh wow I can't wait for all the improvements on my medium armour stamblade and I was just thinking to start doing some pve to get bone pirate tatters
    :/

Just wow. And I'll be dammed if I'm going to reroll an alt

Bone Pirate will still be solid, you'll just have to use the Serpent stone now.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

Nope, read them all and they're solid. But I'm still people that fail at seeing the whole picture will whine. Others will find the changes to be more than fair.
  • Toraf
    Toraf
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, how I'm supposed to play with my mag DK in pvp now ?
    PC - EU - Pact
    Toraf Lunathi - Grumpy nord dunmer (DK magicka nord dunmer CP750).
    - AR 46.
    - Achiev' 29,585.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brutal. So much change all at once I don't know what to think. Nerfing stuff from both ends in large chunks. Healing in pvp lol. Fights might end up lasting a few seconds. Solo pvp might be dead. I like the idea behind the champion system overhaul but it looks like zos went way overboard in many respects. I like the front loading of returns to encourage diversity, I don't like befoul going from 25% to 55%. That's crazy.
    PC | EU
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS all I can say to those patch notes is, it's demotivating. Demotivating to even try to do anything.

The people who had solid builds running and felt comfortable in environments like vMA? They will have to chew through that regeneration nerfbat, getting more sustain means likely lowering their damage or survivability if they do not want to stare at empty ressource bars. Having to gimp their own damage may end up in not hitting that timer for RNG boss 0815 in vMA -> Dead, run ruined.

The people like me, who are trying to figure out stuff in PvE on their MagNBs to actually 'get gud' and do vMA succesfully and really give their all to be useful for their trial groups, pumping out what inferior damage the class already has compared to others. We will likely face magNBs not even being welcome anymore anywhere as the only thing we can bring to the table now is Veil of Blades and there are other classes who can do that better unless all MagNBs roll a healer and run regeneration stuff on virtually everything.

The folks in PvP. Well.. I don't even want to imagine what a majestic sh*tstorm this will cause on all fronts. There are some who will love this, some who will hate this and then there are the new players who will ultimately drop right out again because nothing will work for them.

If balancing was your intention with this, you should really start to take at least some advice from the players. I've seen suggestions here, terrible ones and good ones and then there were brilliant ones.

None have been listened to, save for complaints which more than often stem from the PvP section and ultimately carried over into PvE, ruining not just the latter but seriously also the former I daresay.

I get it that a game developer can never satisfy 100% of their player base, but this is, in my humble oppinion, touched on the complete wrong end.

I propably missed about 502 other points here the community would feel wanted to be mentioned and adressed with this, good and bad, but those are just my 2 cents.
  • skwherl
    skwherl
    ✭✭✭
    Toraf wrote: »
    Okay, how I'm supposed to play with my mag DK in pvp now ?

You don't. Simple.
    Squirrel
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, read them all and they're solid. But I'm still people that fail at seeing the whole picture will whine. Others will find the changes to be more than fair.
    Well, it's looking to me like:
    • PvE is going to be even more swayed in favor of Magicka DPS, and Stamina DPS is already basically nonexistant in endgame PvE.
    • Magicka Dragonknights are going to be next to unplayable with the massive sustain nerfs.
    • Nightblades got a huge sustain nerf (sustain is their only real advantage), while getting no buff in the damage department.
    • Nightblade tanks are going to be absolutely useless, since what was their primary selling point (unparalleled sustain in both resources) is going to be removed from the game.
    • Sorcerers, who are already pretty much on top of the PvE DPS food chain, got basically no changes.
    • Stamina Templars are losing a ton of power from their best sustain ability (Repentance).
    Please explain to me how any of that is fair. Nightblades already struggle. Why make them worse? Dragonknights already have the most abhorrent sustain in the game. Why make it worse? The Sorcerer Dark Deal is already one of the best sustain abilities in the game. Why did it not get touched at all?

The way I see it, the entire patch is going to make class balance and Magicka/Stamina balance significantly worse. If I'm missing something here, then please, please explain to me what it is. Because right now, it just looks like an absolutely nuclear nerf to two classes that absolutely did not deserve it.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on April 18, 2017 1:27AM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    A CP Concern:
    • Siphon perk(the tower) seems rather over powered; if they stack then that's a bigger problem.
    • Removal of cost reduction seems rather a bad idea. The harder dungeons really require a sustainable "fuel", so removing this perk would make it extremely difficult. Also noticed on PTS, that certain skills cost a bit more. Kinda feeling forced to use heavy attacks. Dungeons and trials will now take super long to do because our power is tapped out quickly
    • If cost reduction in pvp is an issue, give a "buff" in pvp that increases cost only in pvp. For pve cost reduction is backbone. It should not be removed.
    Just something to consider, and is only an opinion.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played this game for nearly two years to be forced to focus almost exclusively on resource management, nor do I like the Care Bear approach of decreasing the gap between newer players and established endgame players.

This is how many of us are feeling.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading these notes, I'm glad I have a sorcerer. And I'm rolling a Warden to replace my Templar

As for the DKs ... I'm guessing it won't be until Camelot Unchained until I see you again.

Oh Joy, but you'll have Eclipse again.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont worry, players with that kind of impression from the patch notes are most likely playing magsorc or some magbuild that relies on damage shields, since they didnt get a nerf.

PC EU
      PvP only
    2. Phinix1
      Phinix1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I haven't played this game for nearly two years to be forced to focus almost exclusively on resource management, nor do I like the Care Bear approach of decreasing the gap between newer players and established endgame players.

Such a perfect opportunity with the first major "chapter" addition to separate PVP and PVE balancing, a change so desperately called for over the last 3 years, and instead you opt for a blanket nerf to all resources?

Then you drop the resource CP passives completely ON TOP of this AND reduce the remaining most desirable CP perks from 25% max bonus to 15%? Doesn't this sort of scream "thanks for the support long term players, but all that progress you worked for was for nothing because we can't be bothered to add a separate effect for skills and passives in PVP."

I'm sorry but that is really disappointing guys.

I'm sure i"ll get nothing but quantum hate vibrations for saying this, but why is it so hard for you to balance PVP and PVE separately? It seems it would make things SO much simpler and avoid demoralizing your players by constantly sweeping the progress rug out from under them.

I am saying this on behalf of those that have a long term investment in your product. You don't build long term relationships by constantly undermining trust.
    3. KramUzibra
      KramUzibra
      ✭✭✭✭
      why nerf red guard and leave wood elf alone!! woodelfs have over %20 recovery from racial passives making the the go to for this patch over others.
    4. KramUzibra
      KramUzibra
      ✭✭✭✭
      iFord wrote: »
      so you nerfed stamina templar sustain even though they have the worst sustain in the game....

i think you mean stamdk bud
    5. nimander99
      nimander99
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I was really hoping for armor and weapons (craftable and collected) to be placeable in homes... I may not use my fighters guild quest sword, but is sure would be cool to place it on a pedestal or something.

Ah well, ill keep dreaming till it becomes a reality.

Everything else looks pretty par for the course as far as nerfs buffs etc.

Really looking forward to the largest landmass in the game! Morrowind!
      I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
      "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
      "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
      "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
      "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
      "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
      "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
      "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
      "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
      "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
      "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    This discussion has been closed.