Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    It's ok guys, They nerfed everything in the interim so everyone plays the OP Warden then will revert some changes. Relax. Just breath....

At least that's what i'm telling myself

#WeGotWrobeled
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    310.gif
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shook by these notes.

Shook.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I like more of the changes than not.

BUT, you've made templar go from "why play a healer that's not a templar" to "why play a healer that is a templar" with the changes. BoL is virtually useless compared to other abilities now. (Should at least get rid of past nerfs to it like line of sight if making the change). Biggest issues are repentance no longer useful for group utility and shards pretty much just being the same thing as orbs.

I do love the phrase that you didn't want to make it necessary to feed stamina regen to tanks or DPS - UH, then need is still there actually even more so with other changes (regen and cost reduction has been nerfed in a variety of ways outside of just CP), you just removed the ability to actually do so.

I really don't like the feeling that you've taken away any benefit to running a templar healer over your new class you are adding. Feels a little dirty. I expect balance to not be perfect, but some issues I'm seeing with the intro of the new class seem intentional, and that's not good.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar healers running Worm are not going to be happy
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Sydria
    Sydria
    ✭✭✭
    Changes are looking good so far to me.

Of cause everyone will be complaining about being "nerfed" because their numbers will be dropping, but I think it will be healthy for the game in the long run.

Will log onto the PTS tomorrow to test and give a more detailed feedback.

Have a good night everyone o:)
    Sydria
  • Mishkaiel
    Mishkaiel
    ✭✭
    Yo, if y'all tired of ESO, Zeni just made a brand new game. Go try it, it's called Morrowind!
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't take away Major Mending from templars and dks while leaving shields and cloak untouched (and this is said by a person who only plays stamblade and magsorc).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP Nerfed
    Heavy Armor Nerfed
    Unlimited Resources Nerfed
    Cost Poisions Nerfed
    Permablock Nerfed

Unreal, amazing changes, we have been asking for this *** for a long time, now we can finally see the result of the playtest they did with players a few months ago. Time to put skill back in the game, gj ZoS
    Edited by ManDraKE on April 17, 2017 10:22PM
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be able to stomach all this better if there was anything related to easing the rng madness. A topic of concern for an extremely long time.

Playing a mag temp orc (not too optimal race wise) just finished soloing city of ash 2, normal, today. It was a blast. Seriously good fun considering I depend on sweeps so melee range for everything. It'll take alot of thinking to do that again once this goes live. If your wondering 5h/2L Rattlecage+soulshine and actually... Wait for it... Cost reduction jewelry. Go figure.

I still will be able to healbot in PvP.

Just be honest and say you want wardens to have major mending uptime and you are taking it away from mag temps. It's ok to admit it.

Mag sorc, jeez, guess that's the only class performing correctly? I say that with heavy sarcasm.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homogenization is the key to build diversity!

Let's make all class abilities the same, and make class identity aesthetic only.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    CP Nerfed
    Heavy Armor Nerfed
    Unlimited Resources Nerfed
    Cost Poisions Nerfed
    Permablock Nerfed

Unreal, amazing changes, we have been asking for this *** for a long time, now we can finally see the result of the playtest they did with players a few months ago. Time to put skill back in the game, gj ZoS

LOL I totally agree this stuff has been a cancer in the game for awhile now and people complain? I guess ZOS can try but they can't make everyone happy. I am sure most the trolls are complaining about this next patch...I say embrace the changes.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Facepalm ...

Nerf stam again ? ..you're serious?
    the change to the heavy is ok, the rest no...balance the magicka build...and quit your WOW raid Zos
    Another bost the zerg and nerf to soler o small party...

@ZOS Balance ulti destro staff no ? -.-
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on April 17, 2017 10:34PM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahahahahah that's ridiculous like really nerf stamina dk ahahahahahahah
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

[*]Caltrops:
    • Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target.
    • Reduced the size of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 12 meters.
    • Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 12 seconds from 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
    • Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
      Developer Comments:
      The changes to Caltrops allow it to behave more like a standard ground-targeted damage over time ability, such as Lightning Splash or Volley. This will help improve Stamina builds’ sustained single target and area of effect damage in dungeons and Trials.
    [/list]

[/list]

Yeah there's a lot of nerfs going around but can live with most of it. However, this one buff cannot go to live as it is. Else you will see a 24 man group with 24 caltrops. If you thought snares were bad now... wait until everywhere you see is covered with caltrops. Overall, you need to move in the direction of less snares, not more snares. This will only encourage more snares. This damage does not need to stack. Seriously this will become the new spammable, ranged AOE DPS snare that every zerg will be using. 40 of these in a breach, if that's 2k per tick, then that's 80k DPS walking through a breach or standing on a flag.... it will be terrible.
    Edited by Magus on April 17, 2017 10:35PM
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Galvanize wrote: »
    Honestly looking forward to these changes, thank you

Galvanize - V16 High Elf Magicka Sorcerer AD (Main)

Figures.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, anyone for FFXIV?
    99 nerfs and a buff to caltrops that will be toxic af
    GG
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

[*]Caltrops:
    • Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target.
    • Reduced the size of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 12 meters.
    • Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 12 seconds from 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
    • Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
      Developer Comments:
      The changes to Caltrops allow it to behave more like a standard ground-targeted damage over time ability, such as Lightning Splash or Volley. This will help improve Stamina builds’ sustained single target and area of effect damage in dungeons and Trials.
    [/list]

[/list]

Yeah there's a lot of nerfs going around but can live with most of it. However, this one buff cannot go to live as it is. Else you will see a 24 man group with 24 caltrops. If you thought snares were bad now... wait until everywhere you see is covered with caltrops. Overall, you need to move in the direction of less snares, not more snares. This will only encourage more snares. This damage does not need to stack. Seriously this will become the new spammable, ranged AOE DPS snare that every zerg will be using. 40 of these in a breach, if that's 2k per tick, then that's 80k DPS walking through a breach or standing on a flag.... it will be terrible.

Oh god damn, I didn't even see this moronic change....
  • skwherl
    skwherl
    ✭✭✭
    Please dont let the battle roar or major mending nerf step into live, please
    Edited by skwherl on April 17, 2017 10:38PM
    Squirrel
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Jesus....

Dragon Knight just got gutted.

In fact the only class that somehow didn't get nerfed is the one that's super insanely powerful right now (Sorc)

Beyond gutted. Battle Roar, Helping Hands, and Major Mending were literally the only things the class had going for it. ZOS basically killed off all 3 with this patch.

I'm used to tanking nerfs, but i'm wondering if it'll even be possible to tank the axes in vAA after this calamity
    4th Console vMOL clear,

My Tribe
    EU

NA
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was hoping to find good changes to get me back into the game, but it seems the new nerf everything trend is still going. So thank you and bye bye again
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Zakor wrote: »
    RIP DK, hello warden :/

Edit:
    Guys srsly, first you reduce the buff time of igneous shield and reduce major mending also to 6 secs (which was somewhat fine after playing a while with it) and now you bind that buff to the shield (with no cost decrease which would be necessary), nerf battle roar and helping hands?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could one of you please tell us your vision for the dk? Totally equal atributes spend maybe? I don't understand why the dk needed another nerfhammer....

Tbh, aside from strict conditions/Ultimates no class should ever receive an easy major buff.

For the templar, the change means your healing acts as an execute more than a spam heal, especially when stacked with resto staff.

Hopefully this means less healing and more active ways to split damage across raids/less cheese heal spam in PvP unless strictly built for it (I.e pure healer without tank but dps or DPS with healing but no tanking).

Who cares about PvP? The majority of the game plays pve, and it's rinruining
    VinayExile wrote: »
    No changes to the templar skill power of the light?

So this skill continues to hit in pvp for 15k+ ?

Guess a skill that hits higher then my 55k magicka nightblades meteor is pretty balanced yea....

Revise the damage zos cmon....

No changes to the massivly OP execute of sorcerers?

Magblades are non existant in pvp unless theyre a bomber, so why the massive nerf to siphoning strikes?
    i can go on and on and on and on....
    didnt even start about DK...

These patch notes are so wrong in so many ways.... it looks like you guys want to make low level characters more competitive wich is a good thing but what youre actually doing is looking away from the real problems in game and giving people that will probably spend more money on the new morrowind expansion a better time in game ( so that you can still make profit ) while endgame is totally broken .

I tell you here and now, do not release battleground untill you have at least sorted out a little bit of balance class wise.

*** pvp, it's dragging pve through the mud and has been in the last 2 or 3 updates. Enough is enough.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skwherl wrote: »
    I think zos should remove gear, skills and cp from the game and just give everyone a stick as a weapon

I think they tried with the bucket and broom....
    4th Console vMOL clear,

My Tribe
    EU

NA
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sydria wrote: »
    Changes are looking good so far to me.

Of cause everyone will be complaining about being "nerfed" because their numbers will be dropping, but I think it will be healthy for the game in the long run.

Will log onto the PTS tomorrow to test and give a more detailed feedback.

Have a good night everyone o:)
    Sydria

How is it going to be healthy for the game?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me how we're gonna sustain on Maelstrom now...? Looks like some of my characters won't go there anymore.

These combat changes are so terrible, that I have no words for it. I play this game so long, and it's really sad to watch that it's heading in wrong direction. Nerfs, nerfs, and even more nerfs. Active abilities, passive skills, armour sets, everything. I'm really afraid about sustain in vMA and vet trials.

ZOS, why are you shooting your own foot? I was so excited for this expansion, now I'm not sure if I will like it. Quests and locations may be interesting, but if combat will suck, it will kill all enjoyment for me. End game content will causing only frustration. I play to have fun, not be angry/annoyed/frustrated in every type of content because of so called "balance".
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what CP did to the game along with removing soft caps, many players from PC launch have been saying it forever. CP was the worst decision ever made for this game and 2nd was removing soft caps. Now they have to constantly adjust stuff which will be a lot of nerfs mainly because of the power creep. This will do nothing but irritate people. They should have just completely removed CP in Morrowind and designed something else.
    Edited by flguy147ub17_ESO on April 17, 2017 10:54PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Zakor wrote: »
    RIP DK, hello warden :/

Edit:
    Guys srsly, first you reduce the buff time of igneous shield and reduce major mending also to 6 secs (which was somewhat fine after playing a while with it) and now you bind that buff to the shield (with no cost decrease which would be necessary), nerf battle roar and helping hands?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could one of you please tell us your vision for the dk? Totally equal atributes spend maybe? I don't understand why the dk needed another nerfhammer....

Tbh, aside from strict conditions/Ultimates no class should ever receive an easy major buff.

For the templar, the change means your healing acts as an execute more than a spam heal, especially when stacked with resto staff.

Hopefully this means less healing and more active ways to split damage across raids/less cheese heal spam in PvP unless strictly built for it (I.e pure healer without tank but dps or DPS with healing but no tanking).

Who cares about PvP? The majority of the game plays pve, and it's rinruining
    VinayExile wrote: »
    No changes to the templar skill power of the light?

So this skill continues to hit in pvp for 15k+ ?

Guess a skill that hits higher then my 55k magicka nightblades meteor is pretty balanced yea....

Revise the damage zos cmon....

No changes to the massivly OP execute of sorcerers?

Magblades are non existant in pvp unless theyre a bomber, so why the massive nerf to siphoning strikes?
    i can go on and on and on and on....
    didnt even start about DK...

These patch notes are so wrong in so many ways.... it looks like you guys want to make low level characters more competitive wich is a good thing but what youre actually doing is looking away from the real problems in game and giving people that will probably spend more money on the new morrowind expansion a better time in game ( so that you can still make profit ) while endgame is totally broken .

I tell you here and now, do not release battleground untill you have at least sorted out a little bit of balance class wise.

*** pvp, it's dragging pve through the mud and has been in the last 2 or 3 updates. Enough is enough.

Same can be said about PvE. All the powercreep sets that PvE players wanted so badly ruined PvP balance ;)
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terribly disappointed. I'm honestly deflated reading through these notes all hype for Morrowind is gone. Gonna play til June then take a break I think.
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever played a Templar healer throughout my long time on ESO, and these nerfs just make me so, so sad...

What am I supposed to now? I now have to direct my BoL, which is supposed to be a high cost, non-spammable, EMERGENCY heal. I already know that a lot of low health people are going to die in trials due to that split second it takes the healer to look for them and use the skill. Then we have the repentance nerf, dear god, nothing even needs to be said to emphasize how harmful that is to a Templar overall. Am I now supposed to slot seducer instead of SPC so that I can sustain? Is the intention to force me into a more selfish build at the expense of group utility? And healing CP nerfs to put the cherry on the cake, because, you know, people's healing is too OP these days and it's impossible to die with healers around...

I wanna cry. I'd already come to terms that it would just be sustain nerfs in the CP tree, but this is beyond my worst nightmare.
    Edited by Forsakiin on April 17, 2017 11:01PM
  • Flattedfifth
    Flattedfifth
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Ah yes... this is stroking the PVP players and dismissing out of hand the PVE content people. GREAT job... those PVP guys never seem to get anything changed for them - this makes a refreshing change.

Confirms for me that this household will be cancelling subscription, definitely NOT purchasing Morrowind - and moving to a different game. What is the release date for Kingdom Come: Deliverance again???

lmao
This discussion has been closed.