Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• Nichts
    Nichts
    ✭✭✭
    Molag Kena:
    Fixed an issue where the Overkill proc from this set would still trigger even when you did not perform 2 consecutive Light Attacks.
    Reduced the Overkill cost penalty to 20% from 33%.

Please don't fix this bug, but rather make the bug the wanted behavior of this set.
    Currently Molag Kena can compete with Grothdarr and Ilambris. But if you "fix" Molag Kena, there will be another unused Monsterset in PVE.

Siphoning
    Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now converts the ability into a Stamina ability and causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Stamina based on your character level.
    Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to also restore Magicka based on your character level.
    Siphoning Strikes:
    This ability now causes your Light and Heavy Attacks to restore Health instead of Magicka or Stamina.
    Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs to 20 seconds from 15 seconds.

This change is unnecessary. The Nightblade already has a lot attacks that restore Health.
    Currently the NB is very bad compared to all other classes. The only reason why it might be on par with the other classes in the next update is the ressource management.
    Also selfheal is unnecessary in group content, since you have healer.
    Edited by Nichts on April 17, 2017 9:18PM
    EU-Server @Nichts
    Sanyarin'Donnerblatt - PvE Magicka Nightblade ⇒ Guide
    Sanyarin'Donneraether - PvP Magicka Nightblade
    Sanyarin'Donnerstahl - PvE Tank Nightblade
    Sanyarina'Donnerwasser - PvP Heal/Tank Templar / PvE Healer

• Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    so you nerfed stamina templar sustain even though they have the worst sustain in the game....
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    RIP DK, hello warden :/

Edit:
    Guys srsly, first you reduce the buff time of igneous shield and reduce major mending also to 6 secs (which was somewhat fine after playing a while with it) and now you bind that buff to the shield (with no cost decrease which would be necessary), nerf battle roar and helping hands?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could one of you please tell us your vision for the dk? Totally equal atributes spend maybe? I don't understand why the dk needed another nerfhammer....
    Edited by Zakor on April 17, 2017 9:06PM
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This will be arsh on all ressource management, which will lead to issue toward raids... I can't really see as quick raid burn as their use to be now that damage and ressource are reduce...

I hate when they stop adding end-game and just put it harder. It really look like this Moondance 5 pc is now interesting !
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus....

Dragon Knight just got gutted.

In fact the only class that somehow didn't get nerfed is the one that's super insanely powerful right now (Sorc)

• potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I really think you should have killed your cp system and start a new one instead of focusing on adjusting it though. Man it feels as an awfull nerf.. Which class is gonna complain the most is what to look foward ! Good Thing warden can buff now they will be mandatory Inside end-game setup in order to keep going
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    You got changed repentance? What the hell am I supposed to do with the Stamina? I am a freaking magicka user!

So much for my God damn healer to be able to restore stam to all my allies in dungeons now. What am I supposed to spam shards at them now? Thanks for screwing over PVE Templar healers ZOS
    Edited by gangyzgirl on April 17, 2017 9:04PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Jesus....

In fact the only class that somehow didn't get nerfed is the one that's super insanely powerful right now (Sorc)

Gutted hard, we already had crappy sustain, Battle Roar was our saving Grace.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non Cp only Really Zos???? Please change this to have both options.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Well I am gladly testing all this on the PTS, but a thing that really annoys me is that traits are seriously out of balance and need an adjustment now. I mean if one trait is BiS for everything damagewise, what kind of diversity is that. And so many sets remain useless and deconning material and Burning Spellweave is still way overtuned....
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Jesus....

Beyond gutted. Battle Roar, Helping Hands, and Major Mending were literally the only things the class had going for it. ZOS basically killed off all 3 with this patch.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmmmm..... lots of stuff to digest.

looking forward to playing.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a significiant amount of nerfs, holy crap. I'm looking forward to testing it out, but just reading it, it seems quite grim right now. I mean 10% reduction to CP damage passives, and nerfs to recovery across the board. There are some good changes in there, but overall it just seems like more nerfs than anything to be honest.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Nice change to the orbs btw. Finally non templar heals are able to restore stam also!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 5 Light armor/ medium, you now have 10% reduction down from 31%...heavy armor is down to zero from 16% and also in 7 heavy armor WITH black rose you are only getting 400 mag/ stam back every two seconds...i mean i understand they wanted a resource change, but this seems like....like *** my blazing tank, lol. Will now have to stack into either max magic/ magic regen/ max health...so ***.

Any other tanks feel ***?

Also my magplar pvp DPS build. Being forced into Light armor, taking a healing nerf, still taking MASSIVE resource nerfs. Ill be heavy attacking every five seconds. They arent even increasing heavy attack damage to compensate. OMG...lol this is ludicrous
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    19467ffb89ddebdba43373a59a61b9.jpg
    Skill Line Unlocking
    Newly-created characters will now have all skill lines hidden except for the 3 from their class, the goal being to improve a new player’s experience by reducing the initial number of skill line choices to a more manageable number.
    • Skill lines will now unlock when your character takes specific actions.
      • Your racial skill line unlocks at level 5.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So this means the inherent racial affinity that you get for free (Amphibian, Ashlander, Highborn, Diplomat, etc), will now not unlock until Level 5?

Adjusted Experience (XP) for Levels 1 – 50
    The experience needed to level from 1 to 50 has been adjusted. Earlier levels now require less experience to obtain, while later levels will require more.
    • The total time to level from 1 to 50 should generally remain unchanged, and anyone currently leveling should not see any decrease to their current level progress – in some cases you may see an increase in level depending on progress.
    • Additionally, all quests now provide more experience to help even the leveling time between those that complete quests versus simply killing monsters.
    Good greef! My table is ruined. :(

9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png
    General
    • Synergy prompts will now display the icon of the ability that granted the synergy.
    Does this mean Synergies no longer have their own icons?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    This ability and its morphs now last for 3.5 seconds, down from 6 seconds, but can no longer be removed with Break Free. After the effect ends, enemies will gain CC-immunity.
    This is a significant reduction to the Magicka and Stamina restored by these abilities [siphoning strikes].

I feel like somehow ZoS has manged to nerf Magblade significantly even though everyone pokes fun at how bad we already are. There are now two classes that have very strong hard counters to us - DKs with wings and Templars with Eclipse and the one thing we had going for us (great sustain with siphoning attacks) is significantly nerfed. Is there any reason what so ever to play Magblade over Sorc in any content in the game, PVE or PVP?

To be honest, depending on how severe the nerf to recovery is, it may be a buff actually, since both morphs now heal. So it could become the Nightblade's version of Surge. Obviously it depends on the numbers, but it was one of the things I was least worried about in terms of nerfs. I think overall the 10% reduction in Mighty and Elemental Expert will hit everyone the hardest.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight already has some of the worst sustain in the game :/ and this updates just gonna make it worse. They have the most expensive skills out of any class and with the cp cost reduction passives getting removed their skills are going to get even more expensive... Can't their skill costs at least be reduced? -_-
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First glance - a lot of cost increases for core stamina DPS skills coupled with a 5% relative increase when stamina already has numerous penalties in bearing the costs of dodge, break free and block in what is normally a smaller overall pool.

Couple that with hits to both individual and group Stamina regen and it seems pretty brutal overall... and the last set of changes was already fairly awful for stamina.

Any but the absolute best stamina players are already finding it hard to get roles in serious trials groups this will make it even harder.... even in PvP guild groups are looking for magicka builds even before this.

I acknowledge magicka builds also take a couple of hits but overall far fewer hits and they are in a better place overall...

This seems like full circle back to launch when stamina was basically only for the dedicate loner or those with fingers faster than the speed of light...

I hope my first impressions are mistaken but I don't think they are...

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, raise the floor and lower the roof. You mean handing out participation trophies for completing normal dungeons and destroying high end builds because some players are better at your game than you are.

XBox NA
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, clueless as usual
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this kind of change needed to come way earlier in the life of this game.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Sixth House Robe: Officially, there is no Sixth House, and these robes do not exist. Unofficially, Sixth House cultists in the Forgotten Wastes have been identified with fragments of these ancient robes in their possession. If one were to acquire all seven pieces, they might be able to reform them into an intact garment. What would such a relic be worth, to the right person?    

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • TitusF2
    TitusF2
    ✭✭✭
    These changes...

giphy.gif

But seriously, I feel as if these changes do more harm than good.
    Edited by TitusF2 on April 17, 2017 9:23PM
    This is text.
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading the patch notes like

uQkJh.gif

Why you gotta do repentance like that ZOS? Too many nerfs too quickly, ow.

Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nerfs for DK, nerfs for Templar and no nerfs for Sorc. Good thing I didn't pre order Morrowind yet.
    Edited by Firerock2 on April 17, 2017 9:21PM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additional Purchasable Character Slots
    With the release of Morrowind and the Warden class, we’ve added two more character slots up for sale in the Crown Store. This brings the new maximum character count to 14!
    I believed you would give us those 2 new slots for free considering the cost of the next chapter. @ZOS_GinaBruno is this intended? I hate to make comparisons but other games like Diablo 3 when added a new class from a expansion they included 2 new slots (as part of the expansion price).
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    So nerfs for DK, nerfs for Templar and no nerfs for Sorc. Good thing I didn't pre order Morrowind yet.

Those are for the base game...
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP tanks.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    58465633.jpg