The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Homestead PvP Glitch: Invisible Enemies

• Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    here is a video from last night of a full EP raid of atleast 16. just walked outside of nikel and poof. if i remember correctly it was around 10pm central time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oaNsEJP-Zo
    Edited by Nutshotz on February 8, 2017 9:39PM
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the help, everyone! We believe we have a fix pinpointed for this issue, and are testing it now. If everything checks out, we'll get it into next week's incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Immovablestone
    Is it even worth reporting people who are blatantly abusing the bug?
    Options
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help, everyone! We believe we have a fix pinpointed for this issue, and are testing it now. If everything checks out, we'll get it into next week's incremental patch.

I guess a hotfix is out of the question?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »

Considering its Wednesday and next week incremental could mean Tuesday, I'd say they made this priority #1.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    On a sidenote because maybe you'll read this @ZOS_BrianWheeler streak is being prevented when rooted and trying to streak through towerdoors and other gaps like that. You'll just stand there doing nothing.
    I've spent a while documenting the bug with bolt escape, it's most easily reproducible at milegates. Picture a milegate, there are three main towers; the bug happens . What happens is whenever you attempt to cast a bolt escape at a range that would move you through either of the two doorways on either of the two outer towers (on 1st or 2nd floor, it bugs on the 3rd floor as well but not all the time), bolt escape will bug out.

When blink bugs out what happens is you do the blink animation & lose the magic but do not move forward, instead you become rooted to the spot for about 5 sec. You cannot dodge roll while bugged like this, you cannot blink out, you cannot gap close out, ect. Your toon is stuck stationary, but you can still use skills. It is the exact same effect as when you get stuck in slow falling on a slope.

If any of you recall the Energy Orb bug that causes the balls to disappear when they move through those milegates doorways, it is the exact same thing now for bolt escape. Any place where energy orb would bug now also bugs bolt escape! This also happens in some IC buildings.

Go talk to your sorc friends and ask them about getting stuck in milegates!

I'll be making a thread once I have video ready.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on February 9, 2017 4:41AM
    Options
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    That is correct, and any cases beyond that one help our programmers and testers to determine the cause of the bug =)

Did not they leave ZoS since 1.5 ?
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. It would be nice if this tests out to push it as a hotfix before the weekend. Spending prime playing time over the weekend (especially with a lot of the Northeast US looking to be snowed in) with invisible enemies all over Cyrodiil is going to *** a lot of people off.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave the area and come back. They will likely be visible again. It's not something that people can turn on at will.
    Tal'gro Bol
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G0ku wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »
    AD EU Trueflame: happens everywhere atm. Too bad you can´t name and shame. Those invisible people know exactly that they are invisible, you can´t whisper any of them. Time to make a statement and dish out some serious bans. Use the chance to clean pvp off morons.
    AD EU Trueflame: happens everywhere atm. Too bad you can´t name and shame. Those invisible people know exactly that they are invisible, you can´t whisper any of them. Time to make a statement and dish out some serious bans. Use the chance to clean pvp off morons.

What an idiotic statement. This has nothing to do with cheating. It happens to everyone. You can be invisible to one person and visible to his friend, there is zero way of knowing if the enemy sees you or not until you start fighting them. Sometimes the invisible player turns visible after a few sec of fighting.

Doesn´t change the fact that some ppl seem to have found out how to trigger this. There are grouüps of 3, no one can be whispered (guess they set themselves offline). Others one´s can be whispered and are surprised they´re invisible. Just reported those you can´t whisper. Your words are also recognised without an insult as introduction, just saying.

So the people who are set to offline are intentionally triggering it? WHAT? Baseless accusations are exactly why ZOS has the naming and shaming rule.
    Tal'gro Bol
    Options
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    Next weeks patch!!!! really? so PvP is Broken and we are told to wait till next week.....
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is the question everyone loves to hate, but are you all running any addons? If so, could you try disabling them and see if you're still seeing this issue (or in this case, not seeing...)

No, I do not use any addons at all and I have still been attacked by invisible people (was close to Alessia... one time between Alessia and Alessia lumber and one time a bit in the south of the Alessia bridge).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭

Sweet, innocent Fruity.... no! Just pretend you are getting ganked by nightblades trying to reunite with your guild and mist form across the map until Tuesday.
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
    Options
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    ataggs wrote: »

Sweet, innocent Fruity.... no! Just pretend you are getting ganked by nightblades trying to reunite with your guild and mist form across the map until Tuesday.

What about the Templar that I could see going into mist form but when they came out of it they were invisible lol

Was earlier this evening at Drake farm
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

What an idiotic statement. This has nothing to do with cheating. It happens to everyone. You can be invisible to one person and visible to his friend, there is zero way of knowing if the enemy sees you or not until you start fighting them. Sometimes the invisible player turns visible after a few sec of fighting.

Doesn´t change the fact that some ppl seem to have found out how to trigger this. There are grouüps of 3, no one can be whispered (guess they set themselves offline). Others one´s can be whispered and are surprised they´re invisible. Just reported those you can´t whisper. Your words are also recognised without an insult as introduction, just saying.

My apologies, your comment seemed like it was generalizing everyone in Cyrodiil. I shouldn't have reacted like that.
    Maybe some have figured out how to trigger it, I don't think it's the majority.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's not affecting clown store so no chance :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it appears to be behaving to me seems like it is some sort of rendering issue. I'm just guessing but I would think you can't hot fix it because it might require a change on both server and client.

I'm sure thats why those money making items get hot fixed and everyone wants to say its because it affects their revenue stream. Well; I am sure they do want to address that, being a business and all; but it probably also a lot of times has to do with it being controlled completely server side.
    Options
  • Immovablestone

Next weeks patch... are you kidding me? You're going to let PVP be totally f'd up for the rest of the week? This is insane...
    Options
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Next patch? fail.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next weeks patch... are you kidding me? You're going to let PVP be totally f'd up for the rest of the week? This is insane...
    If you read text carefully they don't actually sure what they test now :smile:
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on February 9, 2017 3:09PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it totally messed up? You can play and players that you can see still kill you, right?

I think we can wait till Tuesday to find out if they fixed it.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Is it totally messed up? You can play and players that you can see still kill you, right?

Funny they hotfixed the GO scrolls after just a few hours after patch hit live. But this gamebreaking bug , including other bugs like not being able to remove ultra-settings and blackkbot mine can go unfixed until next week.

:trollface:
    EU | PC
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

Funny they hotfixed the GO scrolls after just a few hours after patch hit live. But this gamebreaking bug , including other bugs like not being able to remove ultra-settings and blackkbot mine can go unfixed until next week.

:trollface:

Or those hotfixes were already known and they had them in the project schedule for a month in advance :smiley:
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Unfortunately it is, due to how this needs to be fixed. We aren't able to hotfix everything, so it's not about playing favorites or having different priorities. It literally cannot be hotfixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately it is, due to how this needs to be fixed. We aren't able to hotfix everything, so it's not about playing favorites or having different priorities. It literally cannot be hotfixed.

Thank you Gina. When that patch comes available, we will see a "developer's" response on the patch notes similar to how we saw for each ability change this patch?

I thought that was a nice touch seeing your intent for each change or what was the exact problem followed by its solution. Really helps us to dive into the thought process of the team :).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    here is a video from last night of a full EP raid of atleast 16. just walked outside of nikel and poof. if i remember correctly it was around 10pm central time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oaNsEJP-Zo

To the OP, I was a there in your video as that was my PvP guild on the porch.
    FYI- NONE of us knew we were "Invisible" as we were able to see you.
    Not only did we not know we were invisible, but we definitely are not doing it "On purpose". This is a bug to all of us, not a exploit. Will go back and see if I was recording at that same time as I recorded that night also...

EDIT: Stopped recording at 9:33...Damn... Would have been cool to compare them.. :smile:

Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on February 9, 2017 8:14PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Do you know if this bug is similar to a bug we've witnessed in trials since Shadows of the Hist where a player would come in mid raid and be invisible to everyone unless they went out of render distance and came back? We would be overjoyed if this fix would squash this long standing issue as well.
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a npc boss render in and out in Craglorn even though was standing right next to it, took forever to kill, AoE's would not bring it back and it would not attack me while phased out.

Thought I'd try PvE seeming PvP is neglected, guess not.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get an early maintenance?
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do an early maintenance ffs.
    Options