Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Homestead PvP Glitch: Invisible Enemies

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI the invis group member bug is reliably remedied by running out of render range and then back into render range.

I think someone posted that workaround on the forums ages ago when it was first introduced. I mention it now because I'm not sure if ZOS is aware, and it appears that the bugs might be related.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

that seems to fix the invisible enemy bug as well.
    Invictus
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me today. I did about 90 mins of PVP in Azura - and got attacked by one guy right against the North wall of BRK (Outside, not inside). He was a stamblade, spamming the usual surprise attack etc. Aside from that, it was fairly quiet - with only around 4-6 other players in sight.

The rest of my fights have been ok.
    Edited by Biro123 on February 7, 2017 2:28PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. try dropping siege while in stealth.
    2. try to stealth from one zone into another like brindle farm to the brindle castle zone and wait at door for enemy to come out. (zoning is probably a crucial component of recreating this).
    3. there is a chance that rendering is the cause. which would mean certain sets could be causing rendering to fail.
    4. since the bug is random (or it would seem) try doing normal things such as dismounting using light attack and see if this recreates the bug.(*)
    Edited by Anazasi on February 7, 2017 2:34PM
    Options
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD NA PC Trueflame. An ally told me i was invisible while the 3 of us were sieging Bloodmayne three or so hours ago. After we got on the inner, a DC player tried to snipe me, so it stands to reason that player was able to see me even though the allied player could not. 30 minutes or so later, I saw a pack of guards near the front door of Faregyl fighting an invisible enemy.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD EU Trueflame: happens everywhere atm. Too bad you can´t name and shame. Those invisible people know exactly that they are invisible, you can´t whisper any of them. Time to make a statement and dish out some serious bans. Use the chance to clean pvp off morons.
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was in a group of 3 yesterday; I could see a particular NB and the other two could not.
    Options
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    Flak is fine and if anything, we've seen that regardless of an issue existing globally or not, it is always exacerbated in PVP. We have our QA team and myself running around in Cyrodiil right now trying to decipher exactly what's going on whether it's a specific ability that's getting stuck, or an item set, or random voodoo.

Again, if anyone has details about being attacked, killed, or attacking and killing an invisible player, please post here with character names and what class and if they were a Vamp or not.

what are u talking about, do you guys work for different forum or what?
    got a message from a zos:

ZOS_Ant*** 12:10AM
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to alter and remove some posts you had made on the following thread:

Invisible enemies in Cyrodiil

The reason being that you had included names of other players and labeled them as cheaters. Please keep in mind that naming and shaming is against the Forum Rules. If you believe another member is exploiting or cheating, we have to ask that you avoid posting their names publicly on the forums, a private support ticket will is the only place the names should be stated.

Thank you for understanding and your reports.
    Options
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me multiple times yesterday. Usually invisible enemies, but once while at the Kings Crest Lumber mill, another EP player was on a siege next to me and totally invisible.
    Phoebe Anderson
    Options
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this helps find the problem in someway.

I was around Sej today, and I was told that I was invisible to one of the enemy players. The interesting thing is that they said I was initially visible to them, but I became invisible to them when I moved through the D tick range of the outpost. The bug seems to happen on a player by played basis. Other players in the area seemed to be able to see me.
    - Mojican
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flak is fine and if anything, we've seen that regardless of an issue existing globally or not, it is always exacerbated in PVP. We have our QA team and myself running around in Cyrodiil right now trying to decipher exactly what's going on whether it's a specific ability that's getting stuck, or an item set, or random voodoo.

Again, if anyone has details about being attacked, killed, or attacking and killing an invisible player, please post here with character names and what class and if they were a Vamp or not.

Five minutes of video here. In it you can see that while some of my team could see, and attack, an invisible player this one could not.

He also was able to attack, heal, and be healed. Furthermore Telel was able to damage him with AOE as can be seen from the ESO UI showing damage popping up where there is no opponent.

No clue if he was a vampire, or what the player's name was as Telel never once saw them, and this one never stopped to ask.

WARNING: mild profanity and annoyance.

https://youtu.be/zkmPxeLirY0
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    I ran into a couple of invisible players and managed to grab a video of it happening. Strangely enough, going into Mist Form caused the player to reappear to me, so that ability might have something to do with the glitch.
    Edited by AzureButterfly on February 7, 2017 7:50PM
    Options
  • CTSCold
    CTSCold
    ✭✭✭
    I was appently invisible yesterday in BwB NA PC by Alessia bridge (sej side) but I'm not a vamp and have no idea what the cause was. The guy who whispered me was apparently already fighting someone who was invisible to me.
    Options
  • Annra
    Annra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the problem right now at BWB EU Glademist. It was a huge siege where 20 enemy players came through the breach. Invisible, even when hit from our ballistas.
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I know this is a serious matter, but sometimes when I'm getting attacked it almost feels like a horror game with ghosts or something.

It is absolutely terrifying to be walking around in Cyrodiil and then having an invisible werewolf beating the crap out of you. I've actually been laughing at how surprising it can be!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6nDt3KrPA&feature=youtu.be

PC EU - non vampire invisible sorcs and nightblades
    Edited by covenant_merchant on February 7, 2017 9:59PM
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few hours ago I was with my group of 6 people at a resource. A full raid and some more came, but 3 of us (including myself) could only see like 3-5 players or so. A few of them became visible at some point, but most remained invisible for us, while our other group members could see everything.

On a sidenote because maybe you'll read this @ZOS_BrianWheeler streak is being prevented when rooted and trying to streak through towerdoors and other gaps like that. You'll just stand there doing nothing.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭
    In addition to fighting invisible people, I have been getting in fights where all of a sudden my screen will freeze for like 5 seconds and I will think I crashed but then after 5 seconds my game is back to normal. This happened to me and a player around me at the same time, but it didn't happen to the other players around me.

I have been having the same problem lol. I was in a small fight between a few DC and EP yesterday in Azura's Star (NA), and this happened, we seemed to crash and freeze, then the game exploded back into life, with people activating abilities they didn't think they had hit lol. Both the DC and EP just kinda stopped attacking and we tried to figure out what the heck had just happened. I thought we were the only ones it happened to, but apparently not. This happened literally right next the BRK Lumber Mill. Happened again later that night when I was fighting my friend in the same spot.
    Edited by Scrub_Potato on February 7, 2017 10:19PM
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

Options
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Please give us more feedback... It has happened again... I was getting hit by 3 invisible enemies in Haderus NA. Krakon Spines was one of them, he didn't realize he was invisble.

Please, something has to be done about this and fast... All efforts should be concentrated here, and I bet they are, yet, sadly, this is a game breaking glitch, it's making PvP unplayable. I do not doubt your efforts to fix this issue, but please keep in touch in this forum if possible, we'd love to hear your attempts and what has been figured out to this point about this bug.

Kind regards,

Quantum
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this was PVE the patch would be re rolled :(
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we buy this new invisibility from the crown store I have 10 k crowns... right now?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great. Really great. GOOOOD JOB.
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was invisible at Ash on Azuras PC NA earlier today. I didn't realize it until a DC whispered me a little salt about how I wouldn't have killed him if I wasn't invisible. :)

I then checked with another DC at Ash and he couldn't see me either.

HOWEVER, I was able to fix myself (not in THAT way) by porting to Nikel and back. I'm not sure if porting is required, or just leaving the immediate area.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this bug and someone mentioned in zone it was draw distance rendering problem. Based off that I reduced the view distance from 100 to 99 and at least so far I haven't ran into the bug again. I am not saying that change will resolve the issue for everyone or in all cases, but there might be something to the bug and view distance.
    Options
  • WilliamofSomeRenown

What should we do if we are found to be invisible in order to avoid any kind of ban? Is this considered an exploit at this point? Will any bans be given out from before you isolate the problem? Should we just avoid Cyrodiil?

I ask because my name was linked on this forum thread. After my altercation when I realized I was invisible, I left Cyrodiil almost immediately (after buying some loot boxes). Really don't want to get banned...
    Uncertain about uncertainty in Belkarth
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What should we do if we are found to be invisible in order to avoid any kind of ban? Is this considered an exploit at this point? Will any bans be given out from before you isolate the problem? Should we just avoid Cyrodiil?

I ask because my name was linked on this forum thread. After my altercation when I realized I was invisible, I left Cyrodiil almost immediately (after buying some loot boxes). Really don't want to get banned...

Considering how this is happening randomly to anyone and everyone, there is no way for this to be a punishable offense. They would have to completely shut down Cyrodiil.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Porting to a different keep/outpost seems to fix the problem - at least until whatever causes it happens again.
    Tal'gro Bol
    Options
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a priority issue? Because it's gamebreaking when your 8 man group gets bombed by a bunch of invisible people with invisible destro ults

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a priority issue? Because it's gamebreaking when your 8 man group gets bombed by a bunch of invisible people with invisible destro ults

So you couldn't see the ulti effects? From what I've seen, most (all?) skill effects are still visible even though the character itself is not.
    Tal'gro Bol
    Options
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

So you couldn't see the ulti effects? From what I've seen, most (all?) skill effects are still visible even though the character itself is not.

I should be specific, I could see that the ground was red but I didn't see any of the other associated visuals.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Not sure if its been brought up yet, and I am not sure it is related but if it is; focusing on Cyrodiil might not get you anywhere. This is happening right now at a spot in The Rift just southwest of the Northwind Mine Wayshrine in video with saber tooth cat. There is also a mamoth there and I can recreate at will.

https://youtu.be/irDlGLCMMKU

Edited by technohic on February 8, 2017 1:49AM
    Options