The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.4

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.
    Oh great, there goes another source of furnishing mats. You guys should have fixed this bug the other way around, so that every survey report node gave a guaranteed furnishing material.
    It seems that ZOS is trying like hell to take the fun out of furniture crafting and the Homestead update in general. From what I have seen so far, they are succeeding :(
    Indeed. I don't know about anyone else, but I have no incentive to buy a house right now.

They still have a week or so to revert and reconsider that decision. I highly doubt they willingly want to start shooting themselves in the feet.
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    Apparently, Furnishing Materials will not be included in Crafting Materials Surveys for Crafting Writ payoffs because some players have been stockpiling them, in order to gain a significant material (and financial) advantage when the Homestead feature is released "live". So, I have two suggestions in this respect:

Wow furniture crafting materials are not going to be included in the survey sites? That's messed up. Straight up harvesting by hand can't be the only way to acquire it (other than buying on the market). The drop rates for those materials are already abysmal, Zeni please overthink this.

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.
    Oh great, there goes another source of furnishing mats. You guys should have fixed this bug the other way around, so that every survey report node gave a guaranteed furnishing material.
    It seems that ZOS is trying like hell to take the fun out of furniture crafting and the Homestead update in general. From what I have seen so far, they are succeeding :(
    Indeed. I don't know about anyone else, but I have no incentive to buy a house right now.

^^ this!!
    ditto and hopefully xmany others.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting & Economy
    General

^^ this!!
    ditto and hopefully xmany others.

I'll see your not in the market for buying a house and raise you canceling a subscription.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    General

They still have a week or so to revert and reconsider that decision. I highly doubt they willingly want to start shooting themselves in the feet.

Oh they're shooting themselves in the foot willingly and using the money from crown purchases for the medical bills
    Argonian forever
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremiah87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    Apparently, Furnishing Materials will not be included in Crafting Materials Surveys for Crafting Writ payoffs because some players have been stockpiling them, in order to gain a significant material (and financial) advantage when the Homestead feature is released "live". So, I have two suggestions in this respect:

Wow furniture crafting materials are not going to be included in the survey sites? That's messed up. Straight up harvesting by hand can't be the only way to acquire it (other than buying on the market). The drop rates for those materials are already abysmal, Zeni please overthink this.

Or maybe simply drop rates aren't part of the test and are how they are atm on PTS.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• nml
    nml
    ✭✭✭
    I find it appalling that the Mac client has been crash on launch throughout this PTS process meaning no mac user can contribute feedback or help shape the direction of the game.
    I didnt see anything about fixes for the Mac client.

Are Mac users still fubarred?

Edited by nml on January 31, 2017 5:44PM
    -NML
    Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
    North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

This is a big miss. Players were expecting the rich nodes to be a good source for the new materials (really, I don't know why they would expect otherwise), and now you're going to have a lot of disappointed people not being able to craft furniture after redeeming their surveys. For now this will also shift more of the market to the auto-harvest bots. I strongly advise making the new furniture crafting materials available from other sources than the nodes (hirelings, surveys, writ rewards, etc--anything that's more active).

Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    The lighting in some of the houses is still bugged. Please fix this before launch or no one is going to buy those houses.

Do you get to see housing with lights as they work before purchase?

if not, your argument doesn't follow.

The lighting in all houses worked fine in patch 2.7.1 and 2.7.2, only from 2.7.3 onward it became proximity triggered, with a radius of about 1,5 meter.

Ok sure but still doesn't mean no one will buy houses because of lighting if they cannot see lighting before they buy.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lighting in some of the houses is still bugged. Please fix this before launch or no one is going to buy those houses.

Do you get to see housing with lights as they work before purchase?

if not, your argument doesn't follow.

The lighting in all houses worked fine in patch 2.7.1 and 2.7.2, only from 2.7.3 onward it became proximity triggered, with a radius of about 1,5 meter.

Ok sure but still doesn't mean no one will buy houses because of lighting if they cannot see lighting before they buy.

You can see lighting before you buy, you can preview both furnished and unfurnished, both versions have lights, furnished has more

edit: to remove random letter k and say things more clearly
    Edited by ixie on January 31, 2017 8:10PM
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • CitrusKiss
    CitrusKiss
    Soul Shriven
    Please reconsider having no furniture mats drop from surveys. I was really looking forward to doing my crafting writs daily to try and get some. The grind for furniture is just going to be too painful without that little bit of help.

Also, I love the idea of the butterflies from the Harvester's Garden achievement furnishing!
    (And definitely second the idea of it, or something else, emitting torch bugs at night)
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    I am so sad for the pve trial portion of the game. Everyone has made a magsorc- even my reluctant friend who loves her mag blade despite its weaknesses. This is pretty much every weekends vmaw roster at the moment:
    1. Tank
    2. Tank [this tank chains for himself on gold boss]
    3. Healer
    4. Healer
    5. Chainer Magdk
    6. Stamsorc
    7. Sorc
    8. Surprise another sorc
    9. Sorc
    10. Another sorc
    11. Sorcerer
    12. Sorc

Next dlc just remove the Stamsorc and replace it with a.... mag sorc! Sometimes if we're lucky we get a magplar or even 2 for the Jesus beams but it seems like the idea future beam nerf has made a lot of them start playing their.... wait for it..... sorcs.

I'm excited about housing. It looks wonderful. But I'm afraid we are going to lose even more end-game pvers because of the game state. From what I see here, Pvp has a lot of issues too. Grouping for maw completes is already very hard on ps4. There are very few who can complete this content. I hope housing is enough for people.

The Devs want this to be the only viable class for some reason. I guess they main Sorc.

Well pretty much every developer as well as most of the ESO playerbase are Harry Potter, Gandalf or Merlin wannabes.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone interested, wrobel just acknowledged the cc bug in a private message to me, and said they would have it fixed by U13.

Rejoice, acknowledgement has been given.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    For anyone interested, wrobel just acknowledged the cc bug in a private message to me, and said they would have it fixed by U13.

Rejoice, acknowledgement has been given.

I'll rejoice when they start acknowledging problems publicly.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Nerfing PvE crit again? Really? Is that the best your team could do with PvP balance??
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saying I like the butterflies, here's hoping we have more life to homes.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it April yet? Because this must be a Joke... please, say this was a joke...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.7.4 Feedback

"Light and Shadow" please return the void/shadow effect, it was awesome.

"Argonian Canopy, Frilled" now that this is no longer a reed raft could we please have access to the reed raft separately?

The drop rate of the new materials (Alchemical Resin, Regulus, Bast, Heartwood and Mundane Rune) from nodes is far too low. It was looking around 10-15% :( With the number of material needed for each item this is just overly grindy.

Decorative Wax, one would assume this would be possible in any container where you can find provisioning materials but it isn't! I could only find it in Baskets and Urns (orc ones, khajiit ones). Please add all containers that can contain prov mats the chance to also contain wax, as with above the "drop" rate is too low.

I was disappointed to see that surveys would not be able to give these new materials. Please consider making it possible; it will give the whole "do writs for master writs" thing more synergy. (unless the writ boxes will start awarding new mats...that would be nice too)

Pickpocketing seems to have a much reduced drop-rate of furnishings and patterns from 2.7.3. I was eager to see if I could find more Pickpocket items (which seem to be NPC type specific in some cases) only to not find any for the first couple hundred pockets picked!

I am finding more and more people are not excited about Homestead due to the difficulty of obtaining things. No one expects it to be instant, but it shouldn't be AS difficult as it seems it will be based on PTS. People who don't care about decorating would only be interested in the target skellies and perhaps the attuned crafting stations but this week on 4 premades the Master Crafting Writs seemed to be lower in writ voucher rewards than last week. Like 2 writ vouchers for an epic weapon crafted...and I didn't get any of the 100+ writ voucher rewarding Master Writs.

Please consider increasing the drop rate of furnishing patterns and increasing the writ vouchers rewarded for crafting (wood, cloth, smith).

• DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    I am so sad for the pve trial portion of the game. Everyone has made a magsorc- even my reluctant friend who loves her mag blade despite its weaknesses. This is pretty much every weekends vmaw roster at the moment:
    1. Tank
    3. Healer
    4. Healer
    5. Chainer Magdk
    6. Stamsorc
    7. Sorc
    8. Surprise another sorc
    9. Sorc
    10. Another sorc
    11. Sorcerer
    12. Sorc

Next dlc just remove the Stamsorc and replace it with a.... mag sorc! Sometimes if we're lucky we get a magplar or even 2 for the Jesus beams but it seems like the idea future beam nerf has made a lot of them start playing their.... wait for it..... sorcs.

I'm excited about housing. It looks wonderful. But I'm afraid we are going to lose even more end-game pvers because of the game state. From what I see here, Pvp has a lot of issues too. Grouping for maw completes is already very hard on ps4. There are very few who can complete this content. I hope housing is enough for people.

The Devs want this to be the only viable class for some reason. I guess they main Sorc.

Well pretty much every developer as well as most of the ESO playerbase are Harry Potter, Gandalf or Merlin wannabes.

Correction gandalf wielded a staff and a sword.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    The_Saint wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Still no double mundus exploit fix???

Well, you can not see it anymore on your enemies thanks to changes to how you can track stuff (Miats OP lul). There you go, that is their fix :trollface:

@Alcast

so we have to play the old game: They dont care about - we dont care about ? ^^

@ZOS_GinaBruno you still look in Homestead threads or too busy with all the morrowind stuff?
    Edited by The_Saint on February 1, 2017 6:21AM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Aristodeme Blood Feast
    Aristodeme Blood Feast
    Soul Shriven
    To be honest after reading all patch notes, updates to them and infos about changes from devs,i must say i still wait for this patch. This will be prelude to Morrowind.

Also changes in skills - ice staff after seeing new class Warden makes more sense now in Homestead update.

About pricing of houses - reasonable. Personally i will buy Ebonheart manor and 3 smaller houses. Only downside is we dont know crown prices. In my opinion ZOS team should tell us in advance, if telling prices for gold, or dont tell at all any price until release for both currencies.

About writs and maps not droping mats for homestead - good choice ZOS. This makes equal chances for all players and stabilizes market. We wil not see in 1 hour full guild store of mats just because someone farmed writs whole year and overpricing. Pricing will go of course at first high for mats, but not overpriced. Considering alot recipes to collect - we have time guys, no need to collect all 1st day right?

After seeing vids and screens of items - bonus ones from achievements - abit shame 50% of the are rocks etc. more unique items and also interacive ones should be made (example : skull of Strife Brother - activate to see visage of bone collosus etc.)

Housing still missing chests - would be useful considering space for gears required, since dear ZOS u gave us many good sets after One Tamriel to collect.

I hope u will not just release homestead to get people gold back to server via spending on house, but you will improve and keep developing this and improving. Housing can be connected also to battlegrounds etc as rewards, even giving passives for resting etc to exp or even stats. Possibilities are nearly limitless. Also think about fishing trophies and unique items, not to mention special big rewards from Trials, like not only statues...... how about polymorph of serpent or summoning stone to hear Serpents cute voice and see celestial visage of him?

More rewards from Cyro pls! not only balistas. What about cities etc.

Changes to classes - another subject for pvp and pve, still changes are good, pls just test them before release. Too many complicated changes may result in more broken sets and builds, which most probably will happen after patch

destro staff ulti - if not blockable, pls make reflect for it. currently there is no counterpart for it in the game.

If you read it dear ZOS team, pls keep up the good work, but try even harder.

Cheers from Squishy Tomatoes Guild :)
    Aristodeme from Vivec - DK - peaceful crafter
    Aristodeme Blood Feast - NB - Tank
    Aristodeme Athena's Ward - Templar - healer
    I Bake Sweetrols in Cyro - Sorc - dd
    Cute Little Lolita Sister - NB - sharpshooter
    Aristodeme Black Lagoon - DK - tank
    Babagorath - DK - op mascot of the guild

Guild - Squishy Tomatoes // Pact Support Group
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL people might be hyped about new content like vvanderfel but for the few of us who actually read the patch notes know that there is no direction in balance and there is no willingness to listen to feedback that matters. You just keep appeasing to casuals. i just don't have ANY GOOD reason to stay in this game for another year. PvP basically has been ignored left dead in the water with ZERO incentive to play along with an insurmountable amount of balance issues such as tanks with procs, and now my stam character which is an nb next patch i am going to become the worst pve end game class next to stamplars, basically i won't enjoy doing anything anymore.

Battle grounds will basically be another failure like dueling because of zero balance and it will just be who brings the most cancer to the fight. I can already smell the destro ult syncs, tremorscale builds, gangking one guy at a time one by one. Yeah no thanks. You come up with ideas but they are ideas poorly executed and then you just call it a day to never touch it again. Just look at imperial city or the towns in cyrodiil.

Hopefully with the release of vvanderfell you can now focus more in hardcore content, pvp, and class balance because it is getting tiring man. You are leaving the wolves die of thirst.
    Edited by Kalante on February 1, 2017 9:22AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ If ESO is not your cup of tea, move along. Really, this is just a game. And be real with yourself - you will never be satisfied here. Find something that soothes your needs.
    I'm so tired of reading moaners in these forums that are either ignorant, play badly, want everything instantly, have prejudice and/or are full of frustrations, doomsday, 'final nail in the coffin' etc etc. Or just cannot accept this game, what it is and how it works out.

The rest of us enjoy this game immensely. And yes I mostly do quests, PVP, duels and other activities that are doomed, unbalanced, broken and strange. Sigh.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mac PTS still broken. Crashes on launch. : (
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ If ESO is not your cup of tea, move along. Really, this is just a game. And be real with yourself - you will never be satisfied here. Find something that soothes your needs.
    I'm so tired of reading moaners in these forums that are either ignorant, play badly, want everything instantly, have prejudice and/or are full of frustrations, doomsday, 'final nail in the coffin' etc etc. Or just cannot accept this game, what it is and how it works out.

The rest of us enjoy this game immensely. And yes I mostly do quests, PVP, duels and other activities that are doomed, unbalanced, broken and strange. Sigh.

Preach it brother! Seriously, just enjoy the ride... or don't...

I'm always excited for the new stuff :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    1. Tank
    3. Healer
    4. Healer
    5. Chainer Magdk
    6. Stamsorc
    7. Sorc
    8. Surprise another sorc
    9. Sorc
    10. Another sorc
    11. Sorcerer
    12. Sorc

See original quote. Talking sorcs here. Not sure why you mention swords and staves.
    Edited by Sureshawt on February 1, 2017 6:19PM
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    1. Tank
    3. Healer
    4. Healer
    5. Chainer Magdk
    6. Stamsorc
    7. Sorc
    8. Surprise another sorc
    9. Sorc
    10. Another sorc
    11. Sorcerer
    12. Sorc

See original quote. Talking sorcs here. Not sure why you mention swords and staves.

I saw the original quote, just pointing out that he was not a pure caster, more like a battlemage:)
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than frustration Idk why you feel the need to shun people that have legitimate concerns. Don't worry once Nova comes out ill be leaving with a big smile. Thanks for being an ******.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭

About writs and maps not droping mats for homestead - good choice ZOS. This makes equal chances for all players and stabilizes market. We wil not see in 1 hour full guild store of mats just because someone farmed writs whole year and overpricing. Pricing will go of course at first high for mats, but not overpriced. Considering a lot recipes to collect - we have time guys, no need to collect all 1st day right?

I really don't understand this argument. Well I do, but it's grossly exaggerated and has long term repercussions. Literally the only argument against housing materials with surveys I have seen is people stock piling to sell, with no regard to those you know stock piling to USE for their homes.

Your main issue in particular is people selling these materials over priced on day 1. Your counter argument being those not selling stock piled surveys won't overprice them? I am confused onto your point here. But I will assure you that people who do stock pile surveys and planned to sell the new house materials, will have the opposite effect on the market in the long term to what you predict. Yes day 1, first week prices be high, but you can sure as hell bet they will be EVEN higher if the only means to obtain the mats is farming. There will be huge demand and supply limited to literally farming around for hours.

The surveys not only inject the market with more housing mats to lower overall prices (Just look at Gold mats since housing announced, more people sell, more competition to sell, lower prices), but they also don't make sense to not drop from them. Nodes are nodes, surveys are to reward crafters with mats for their professions, it is completely counter intuitive to not include the housing materials with those. It forces farming, in over crowded zones for weeks and delays progress of decorating homes to a crawl.

IF people are really that fickle to shout equality for people stock piling and being mindful of updates and investing their efforts in game to be rewarded over some non crafter who wants to be on an equal footing without any effort at all, then I am baffled by the point of doing anything in this game remotely challenging and rewarding when people feel so strongly entitled.

In the long term, making farming only means to obtain the materials is a terrible idea and poor design, unless design was to encourage CS purchases to avoid the grind then sure, but that's a poor practice and transparent as f***. Either revert and FIX the surveys or provide us with other means to obtain the materials, literally any other way.

Bottom line too for those arguing case for day 1 and people profiting early into the patch, since as said surveys relieve this issue of overpricing later into the patch more so than having the sole means of farming. But if THAT is really a problem for people that people feel so ENTITLED to drag others down for using some initiative then just slap old surveys with a different item code ID as many have already mentioned like with the master writ boxes and therefore give us a stable means to gather via crafting and better long term results and for the most part fun.
    Edited by Grumble_and_Grunt on February 1, 2017 9:28PM
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Furnishings
    • Argonian Target Skeletons are now available for purchase in the Housing Editor.

WHERE? I searched every item, then I used the search filter for Argonian, then by Skeleton. Nowhere to be found! Frustrating, last patch said they were in there also and I asked back then, where?? Not in the Housing Editor...