Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.4

  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    I am so sad for the pve trial portion of the game. Everyone has made a magsorc- even my reluctant friend who loves her mag blade despite its weaknesses. This is pretty much every weekends vmaw roster at the moment:
    1. Tank
    2. Tank [this tank chains for himself on gold boss]
    3. Healer
    4. Healer
    5. Chainer Magdk
    6. Stamsorc
    7. Sorc
    8. Surprise another sorc
    9. Sorc
    10. Another sorc
    11. Sorcerer
    12. Sorc

    Next dlc just remove the Stamsorc and replace it with a.... mag sorc! Sometimes if we're lucky we get a magplar or even 2 for the Jesus beams but it seems like the idea future beam nerf has made a lot of them start playing their.... wait for it..... sorcs.

    I'm excited about housing. It looks wonderful. But I'm afraid we are going to lose even more end-game pvers because of the game state. From what I see here, Pvp has a lot of issues too. Grouping for maw completes is already very hard on ps4. There are very few who can complete this content. I hope housing is enough for people.

    The Devs want this to be the only viable class for some reason. I guess they main Sorc.

    Please, stop misinformation.

    There is PvE : magSorc is maybe on the top yeah, is it mean you can't finish PvE things ? No, you just don't have the biggest numbers.

    There is PvP : magSorc is under every stamina builds using heavy armor, making magicka build (exept templar) less effective, and this is not by killing someone faster, but don't killing people at all because they wear a different armor type. The only way to perform as magicka user is to stack a stupid ultimate (EOTS) and killing some zerg noobs.

    You want to increase the DPS from stamina, but their burst is already better by far than magicka builds, make stamina hit better and no one will use magicka build in PVP.
  • nml
    nml
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please do NOT change the normal character IDLE animation (the one when the character has weapon sheathed).. the new one is nowhere near as good as the old one.
    -NML
    Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
    North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Neighbor wrote: »
    I am so sad for the pve trial portion of the game. Everyone has made a magsorc- even my reluctant friend who loves her mag blade despite its weaknesses. This is pretty much every weekends vmaw roster at the moment:
    1. Tank
    2. Tank [this tank chains for himself on gold boss]
    3. Healer
    4. Healer
    5. Chainer Magdk
    6. Stamsorc
    7. Sorc
    8. Surprise another sorc
    9. Sorc
    10. Another sorc
    11. Sorcerer
    12. Sorc

    Next dlc just remove the Stamsorc and replace it with a.... mag sorc! Sometimes if we're lucky we get a magplar or even 2 for the Jesus beams but it seems like the idea future beam nerf has made a lot of them start playing their.... wait for it..... sorcs.

    I'm excited about housing. It looks wonderful. But I'm afraid we are going to lose even more end-game pvers because of the game state. From what I see here, Pvp has a lot of issues too. Grouping for maw completes is already very hard on ps4. There are very few who can complete this content. I hope housing is enough for people.

    The Devs want this to be the only viable class for some reason. I guess they main Sorc.

    Please, stop misinformation.

    There is PvE : magSorc is maybe on the top yeah, is it mean you can't finish PvE things ? No, you just don't have the biggest numbers.

    There is PvP : magSorc is under every stamina builds using heavy armor, making magicka build (exept templar) less effective, and this is not by killing someone faster, but don't killing people at all because they wear a different armor type. The only way to perform as magicka user is to stack a stupid ultimate (EOTS) and killing some zerg noobs.

    You want to increase the DPS from stamina, but their burst is already better by far than magicka builds, make stamina hit better and no one will use magicka build in PVP.

    Wrong it means people will choose magesorc over others becuase of the meta, hence why so many stamina pvers are concerned for endgame because they are behind compared to magicka. I am not saying zos does not know what they are doing, and not everything has been tested yet but no mmorpg should make one class better then the rest in dps, that does in fact ruin the fun for many.
    Edited by DragonBound on February 5, 2017 7:48PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Paraflex wrote: »
    A large portion of the people posting act like they work at ZOS and could do a better job. The complaining on these forums is just incredible.
    Get into people profiles, look for their topics created, most of people do actually try to participate and seems like that they have much more at gamedesing than some zoe employee

    you are correct that it seems absolutely clear some of them perhaps many spend more time on these forums talking about game designs they never made reality than zos spending time on these forums talking about game designs they actually do work on and put into production.

    its almost like zos employees are spending a lot of their time not talking on forums about game design... but doing something else.
    So your point is - that they doing things right because they still wasn't fired? Sry but friendship and family tiles are also can hold asses in chairs even if these person is complete idiot and turns whole business into blackhole.

    no i am pretty sure that is far from my point.

    matter of fact - since i think i didn't say one thing about "doing things right" or friends or family or idiots. So it looks like much of your reply seems to be drawing on some other post?


    i was merely pointing out there is a huge difference between posting on forums about game design and actually doing game design that goes into production for a living.

    Some, it seems kind of seem to miss or misunderstand that difference.

    Not all of course, but some clearly do.


    There's no difference do you write mechanics on forums or inside corp chat/wiki/issue tracker/whatever. And if you are watch for "job done" you'll see that ZoS doesn't even try to fix issue without ruining mechanics punishing everyone who does somehow related to it.

    Also if you didn't code ever it doesn't means that this thing is also "rocket science" and not available to people who tried to give ZoS creativity boost.

    PS: ZoS doesn't even have regression tests for most game functionality and bugs which reappear once per two-three patches, which also describes how professional they are

    if you really believe the bolded, we will have to just agree to disagree because you and i are from different multiverses.

    As for ZoS not fixing things, there is ample evidence they do - just not everything all at once and not everything the way some people like.

    For example - recently one survey type gave furnishing mats in test while the others didn't. They fixed that outlier by removing the furnishing mat drop from that type of survey as we head into live. Fixed the difference and now some folks wanted it to go the other way and they don't like the fix, while others do.

    Yep, seems like i'm a little closer to it and related to it stuff

    I don't care and don't say anything about material grind mechanics, i'm talking exclusively about class/resource pool balance and overall battle mechanics.

    What do i criticise:
    1. Unreasonable damage/healing output and sustain boost over and over again
    2. Dummed CP system
    3. Damaging sets which are get out of control
    4. Bait fixes of permanent blocking/roll dodging, gap-closers, shield stacking, dynamic ultimate gain system, etc
    5. Ignoring issues like proctarding(crit removed, yay), outperforming dark deal(still, they don't give a f), PS4 Pro issues(wasn't even acknowledged) for eternity from mmo perspective
    6. Making single-button gameplay preferred
    7. ZoS also "buffed" mDK to before DB state by nerfing most useful sets for them also nerfed AoE output in update where mDK could shine if it wouldn't be touched at all(AoE caps nerfed)

    Anybody can criticize anything - doesn't mean they know beans about what would actually work better for the game.

    But we definitely have a language barrier at work here.

    You stalk about ZoS not rrying to fix issues without this or that and now you list a lot of things you criticize.. but most of what you list boil down to "if wishes were horses you would do it differently and we would all be eating steak."...

    which is fine... you are absolutely entitled to do that... no argument there.

    but for me when i say "someone wont fix things" that doesn't mean "they dont do things like i want". if i said it it would mean actually broken non-functional things dont get fixed and yet we see patch after patch some do.

    For example: i want them to improve Daedric Prey and part of my suggestion was to let pets go after its target exclusively.

    But then, now that they reveal the warden will bring another level for pets... and have said they aren't sure they want the pet targetting to be keyed to daedric prey (which obviously warden wont have and also nightblades dont have) it makes sense to maybe make minor pet this and that now and plan a more comprehensive pet solution with morrowind that applies to all classes with pets.

    For all i know, storm atro will get a "always there when slotted" kind of buff too.

    Did they do things the way i wanted them too when i wanted them to do it? nah.

    big diff between that and saying they dont fix things.

    time for football!!!
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

    First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Anybody can criticize anything - doesn't mean they know beans about what would actually work better for the game.

    But we definitely have a language barrier at work here.

    You stalk about ZoS not rrying to fix issues without this or that and now you list a lot of things you criticize.. but most of what you list boil down to "if wishes were horses you would do it differently and we would all be eating steak."...

    which is fine... you are absolutely entitled to do that... no argument there.

    but for me when i say "someone wont fix things" that doesn't mean "they dont do things like i want". if i said it it would mean actually broken non-functional things dont get fixed and yet we see patch after patch some do.

    For example: i want them to improve Daedric Prey and part of my suggestion was to let pets go after its target exclusively.

    But then, now that they reveal the warden will bring another level for pets... and have said they aren't sure they want the pet targetting to be keyed to daedric prey (which obviously warden wont have and also nightblades dont have) it makes sense to maybe make minor pet this and that now and plan a more comprehensive pet solution with morrowind that applies to all classes with pets.

    For all i know, storm atro will get a "always there when slotted" kind of buff too.

    Did they do things the way i wanted them too when i wanted them to do it? nah.

    big diff between that and saying they dont fix things.

    time for football!!!
    "Most things" are issues which appear in game for more than a year, argument how did i misunderstood PS4 Pro crashing? How did i misunderstood 3 month of proctards?
    Stop licking, you won't get even crowns for that.
    Tasty
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear @ZOS_RichLambert ,

    I feel like we have been good friends for a while now. You can guess what I'm about to say.

    Firstly, make chains unable to be dodged is a real stand up move. Thank you for that.

    It is really anti-fun and anti-strategic when chains just doesn't work. I'm hopeful that the too high too low bug associated with chains becomes fixed. We all know that chains missing isn't fun. Abilities not working isn't fun. This bug just comes down to implementation - we already know it would be a good fix.

    Secondly, although this patch contained what is the biggest tanking nerf to ever happen, thank you for most of the update. ESO feels homier and homier with some of the deep, albeit aesthetic, changes.
    Don't tank

    "In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    ^ If ESO is not your cup of tea, move along. Really, this is just a game. And be real with yourself - you will never be satisfied here. Find something that soothes your needs. I'm so tired of reading moaners in these forums that are either ignorant, play badly, want everything instantly, have prejudice and/or are full of frustrations, doomsday, 'final nail in the coffin' etc etc. Or just cannot accept this game, what it is and how it works out.

    The rest of us enjoy this game immensely. And yes I mostly do quests, PVP, duels and other activities that are doomed, unbalanced, broken and strange. Sigh.
    Your advice is un-American. Negative "feedback" is every bit as important to the proper and profitable operation of capitalist enterprises as positive approvals are. When the customers telling you what you are doing wrong significantly outnumber those telling you what you are doing right, then you have a challenge.

    Aside from that, in the beginning I came to love the game "immensely" and looked forward to playing it as often as possible, with each session as long as I could reasonably devote to it. For over eighteen months I played two characters through the course of various and sundry changes to the game. I developed both to Veteran Rank 16 -- mostly by doing quests, including Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold -- just before ZOS eliminated the "veteran rank" system.

    Well, that was reasonably acceptable, and in some ways it improved the experience of fighting in Group Dungeons such as the Undaunted challenges. Nonetheless, some features in some of the dungeons were unwisely incorporated and made them less interesting to play than they might have been. When frustration exceeds satisfaction, the designers have made a mistake(s).

    Then came One Tamriel. It deliberately undermined the traditional approach of developing a character through "experience levels" as the primary focus of playing the game, before eventually arriving at "end-game content". Maybe this attracted a significant number of new players simply because it accelerated a player's access to "end game content". However, it also made the Lore, the Alliances, and developing characters via doing Quests largely irrelevant. The denigration of those ESO foundations has rendered it similar to playing checkers or Candy Crush. The "combat leveling" system still has some bugs, and, whatever its merits, it has made the game less challenging to play at least in some respects.

    The addition of solo content to Craglorn has mostly been an improvement. But it also negated the progress that one of my characters had made with a group of others to reach the end of the primary quest chain, an odyssey through ten dungeons. Worse, I cannot now repeat it with him. ....... Be that as it has been, the game was, on the whole, still interesting to play.

    Unfortunately, everything since has added little or no improvement and satisfaction to playing, while dramatically increasing the number of design flaws in the game and implementation bugs in its software. The idea that a player could choose any Race, any Class, and any set of Skill Lines to create a character that would be the equal of any other seems to have evaporated into a charade of ability overhauls and nerfs, while Set procs become increasingly complex, whether also ridiculous.

    In my humble experience, the Homestead upgrade has been a dismal disappointment. ZOS has made it as time-consuming and difficult as possible to buy a Homestead with Gold Pieces and furnish it with crafting, rather than paying more Dollars -- than I paid for the game, the Imperial Edition upgrade, and the DLCs, etc. since -- to purchase the Crowns they demand to "buy" an acceptable Homestead and the furnishings as well.

    Regardless, Homesteads in general lack features which make acquiring and furnishing them worth the time, trouble, and expense. Without those features, they will not become part and parcel of playing the game. They aren't even good dioramas; for example, other than candles, lamps and fires do not increase the ambient light. Bleeding Crowns for Homesteads and furnishing them is not going to happen with me, and not with a host of other players, too.

    Already, during the past week I have been seeing fewer and fewer players in Craglorn and in other zones where my characters have been venturing. Also, the sale of items via the Guild Stores and Guild Traders that was once robust has almost disappeared, while the prices for some things such as Crafting Motifs have skyrocketed. Perhaps I see fewer players because there are more instances of the game than before, but every such instance still has the same Guild Stores and Guild Traders. Maybe the missing players are all engrossed in furnishing their chosen homestead, but I haven't seen many of them foraging for materials. Eventually they will tire of it and return .... to what?

    It is as if the game has come to an end. If ZOS does not bring it to life again with the Morrowind expansion at a reasonable price for whatever customers that they have left, then TESO will indeed be finished. Period.

    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA

    Dragons belong in Skyrim! They should never be in Elsweyr. And we don't need no stinking Necromancers amongst us. Necromancy is despised, feared, and hated among all the races of Tamriel. It is an evil whose practitioners are continually killed by its true and stalwart Heroes!!

    nil carborundum illegitimi
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Anybody can criticize anything - doesn't mean they know beans about what would actually work better for the game.

    But we definitely have a language barrier at work here.

    You stalk about ZoS not rrying to fix issues without this or that and now you list a lot of things you criticize.. but most of what you list boil down to "if wishes were horses you would do it differently and we would all be eating steak."...

    which is fine... you are absolutely entitled to do that... no argument there.

    but for me when i say "someone wont fix things" that doesn't mean "they dont do things like i want". if i said it it would mean actually broken non-functional things dont get fixed and yet we see patch after patch some do.

    For example: i want them to improve Daedric Prey and part of my suggestion was to let pets go after its target exclusively.

    But then, now that they reveal the warden will bring another level for pets... and have said they aren't sure they want the pet targetting to be keyed to daedric prey (which obviously warden wont have and also nightblades dont have) it makes sense to maybe make minor pet this and that now and plan a more comprehensive pet solution with morrowind that applies to all classes with pets.

    For all i know, storm atro will get a "always there when slotted" kind of buff too.

    Did they do things the way i wanted them too when i wanted them to do it? nah.

    big diff between that and saying they dont fix things.

    time for football!!!
    "Most things" are issues which appear in game for more than a year, argument how did i misunderstood PS4 Pro crashing? How did i misunderstood 3 month of proctards?
    Stop licking, you won't get even crowns for that.

    You did not necessarily misunderstand proc sets play you just did not like it and wanted things changed to something you prefer better or maybe something better suited to the gear you already had or whatever your reasoning was - expressed in insulting manner of course cuz you are on the internet.

    You dont seem to want to differentiate between what you dont like and what is objectively broken. in time things get patched and tweak come and we saw some of that this patch. With every patch there will be a new wave of complaints about what was changed, what wasn't changed and so on and on.

    First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics at play... just with extra insults because, you know, some folks cant help it when they are on the internet.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

    First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Sign In or Register to comment.