The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.4

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final week for PTS what the hell did you guys expect?

I don't think anyone expected sweeping changes. But I think most people are worried that a lot didn't get addressed and a lot of stuff was still discussed and that we'd see some results from all the testing and PTS feedback.

When large-scale balance issues are left to linger, it's these big updates that get them handled. They don't tweak things like they did back in 2014. So we have to wait for these updates.

For me, ZOS asked how they could get more people to help out on the PTS two years ago, and my response was that it felt like feedback wasn't really looked at. We have a dozen or two threads created by ZOS to sort of rope of specific topics, and it feels like a lot of us wasted our time. It feels like we're not listened to that much. You got people who were waiting to see this last patch, as we all know this is basically the live build now, and many were left hoping for adjustments that were made in this patch.

So yeah, people are a bit snarky now. We know balancing issues won't be live for at least another 2 months.

Edited by ThePonzzz on January 31, 2017 12:21AM
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    So does the Shield Wall fix mean you will now be able to block CCs when it's active?

I want to know this too.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much salt in the forums already, this update is bringing major changes to both pvp and pve. Good job @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

Found the zo$ employee
    Edited by Mojmir on January 30, 2017 10:58PM
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing about the fact that the homes are so dark, we're unable to screenshot stuff without having to squint real hard?
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

What were you thinking when you made this change? You saw the multiple posts reporting that blacksmith/clothing/woodworking/enchanting surveys were not dropping new materials and begging you to fix it, so you figured the best thing to do is just take them away from alchemy surveys too? DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO FEEDBACK??

These materials drop far too infrequently as it is. We don't want to have to grind for hours to make one lousy chair - how is that even slightly enjoyable?

Even if people are stacking up surveys currently, it wouldn't hurt to at least just add them at the current drop rate (which is pathetic) so that we don't always get them but there is a chance - like nirns on Craglorn surveys. At least give us that.

Also - please fix the lighting before this goes live. I can't even go in most of the houses anymore because they are ridiculously dark. We are supposed to want to live in these places but all I'm thinking now is that I'd better buy someplace with a nice outdoor space since the house itself will be unusable.

And also I'm just going to leave this here, you guys need to read it multiple times:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    If it remains this grindy...I doubt Homestead will be so well received.
    Agreed. Getting all the gold needed to buy stuff, getting all the mats needed to craft stuff, completing all the quests needed to unlock stuff, finding all the plans needed to make stuff -- there's just too much to do even to get started. I understand that it's supposed to be a big time sink, but there's not even a small amount of things to get you started. You don't know any crafting plans and the furnishings available at the vendors are not substantial enough (most of them are plants and rocks anyway, which is completely useless for the first few houses which are interiors only).

I don't think the grind would be so bad if we had a better starting point to build from. We really need a few crafting plans and some mats to get started. The logical crafting plans to give would be the ones for white-quality furnishings in your own racial style. And maybe you could come across a bundle of mats during that housing introductory quest.

Edited by Annalyse on January 30, 2017 11:02PM
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "since the house itself will be unusable."

LOL, with lightning or not the Houses AND the Gardens is totally unusable. It is just fluff, fluff.

And someone said before, give us an autodelete on our stam NBs, to spare us doing it manually. Thanks
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Icy wrote: »
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.
    Oh NO! Please don't do this! Please have housing mats at LEAST have the same chance to appear in survey nodes as they do in normal nodes. Please!

RE this

Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin.

So let me get this straight, ZoS.

i have the following surveys on hand right now with likely a couple dozen more by launch:
    135 ench
    30 cloth
    60 wood
    44 blacksmith
    63 alchemy

So with this change that means that when the brand new sub-game of housing drops, i wont have an advantage of this magnitude over anyone else including the role-player types who might be more inclined to really get into housing?

I will be starting on maybe even footing with all those folks?

Well, if thats the case then i have to say... thats a wonderful move and i applaud you.

Well done sirs and madames.

Well done.

#ThisIsNotSarcasm

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The lighting in some of the houses is still bugged. Please fix this before launch or no one is going to buy those houses.

Do you get to see housing with lights as they work before purchase?

if not, your argument doesn't follow.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• jpeter88
    jpeter88
    ✭✭✭
    Final week for PTS what the hell did you guys expect? They already explained that they can not implement any major changes on the final week as there is not enough time to test and correct before it goes live.

This ^^^^^^^
    561 Dark elf mDK
    561 Redguard stam DK
    561 Redguard stam sorc
    561 khajiit stam nm
    561 high elf mag nb
    561 high elf mag sorc
    561 bretan mag templar
    561 imperial stam dk tank
    561 imperial stam temp
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    • No fixing bugs, just removing the "problem"
    • ABSOLUTELY (a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y) full ignorance of classes threads, players opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism
    • Forcing people to grind more and more, because there's no new content instead of small 2 DLC (Thieves Guild and DB, the last one has veeeery boring questline) + SoH with (wow, omg, so much content!) 2 dungeons. Of course we have nothing to do and nothing to explore. Half of Tamriel map is empty. Pffffffffff, you don't say so. Go and farm several hours to make a fancy cup for your new house.
    • At first we have 2500 crowns for mounts. Then 4000-5000 for them. Then - Crown Crates. Now - 6000 for motif (SIX!). What's next? Is it because people are leaving or using crown store less than expected previously?
    • Nerfing, nerfing, nerfing everything. Instead of finding a solution, instead of listeting to ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELVES, you just nerfing everything you see. First - multiplying everything (old players remember days when they had ~2,5k of hp), then - veteran system, then - champion, then - 1T (of course, locations been so empty without it). Do you even have a plan? I'm pretty sure that so many global changes weren't in your plans at first.
    • Destroying stamina as a class. While playing with magicka I can get at least the same results (usually - better) doing LESS THINGS. It's like to earn a million of $ while picking your nose and earn $500k working for many years.

ZOS, seems, thinking about money, not the content and quality. And I hope that they realise that even with such quality (yes, ESO is one of the best and top MMOs for now) they can fail. People are not idiots overall, and such system with be ruined at the end with the way you're going in. You don't listen to players, who know BETTER THAN YOU what's wrong in the game. You're worrying only about Crown Store (just check that every thread with Crown Store problems/questions has an answer from ZOS). For the last year all we got is 2 small poor locations. You're ruining PvE game, because of PvP crying girls. Instead of balancing and finding a solution just cut a part of the game - "should work, they'll eat this anyway".

That's a fact. I'm telling only facts and what I see since BETA. I see how extremely promising and high-quality MMO came to "The Elder Sims Online" (still TESO anyway) as a simulator of:
    1. Grinding. Grinding everything. We've been grinding trial first. Then experience (hello, champion system). Then sets (hello, 1T). And now we're gonna grind fancy cups.
    2. PvP. Want to play ESO? There're 2 thing for you: either PvP or Grinding simulator. Sorry, but we have a poor PvE content here. Oh, u wanna pick a stamina class? ("Should we tell him or just look what will happen?")

I'm crying, ZOS. To see how Creators consciously are destroying their child... The child we loved so much for the first time.

P.S. That's only my opinion, and many of you could disagree with this. It's okay.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just noticed a small change to Craglorn Consumable maximum Writs, Survey rewards.

On live, with ESO Plus+ and Orsinium DLC, all Craglorn maximum Writ Survey rewards were going to Orsinium. As of this patch on copied NA characters, I received One in Craglorn and One in Stormhaven.

Any idea if the current Live system was a bug and now fixed? Or is this a new change?
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno No mention of broken CC's, are you guys aware that CC's are not performing properly? Just got off the PTS a minute ago and they're still not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqysog_K-aY

I'll post this... again. If this is what we can expect from the game for the next six months, then say goodbye to the majority of your subscribers and the entire population of Cyrodiil, or what's left of it.
  • Incubusphan
    Incubusphan
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much salt in the forums already, this update is bringing major changes to both pvp and pve. Good job @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

Found the zo$ employee

HA! not even close, try pve pro.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Found the zo$ employee

HA! not even close, try pve pro.

PvE pro,oh so you get paid to play?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    Oh great, there goes another source of furnishing mats. You guys should have fixed this bug the other way around, so that every survey report node gave a guaranteed furnishing material.

So... time to use up all those hoarded surveys?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should stop buying crowns until they actually put work into the necessary class changes, skill changes, and pvp changes.

Waiting a week for 2 changes related to classes?

As an administrator on a private server I wrote entire multiple epic quest lines and designed my own raid in that same amount of time. And I wasn't getting paid for it
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So the balance fix is easy, you separate pvp and pve. Make the skills and gear act differently towards players. This is already a function the coding will allow, as is evident with Negate "Players are silenced not stunned as NPCs are"

Modifying skills to help one venue is going to hurt the other, making it a never ending loop. Then you keep increasing the power curve with champion points and health being relatively stagnant, one shot mechanics in pvp are just going to continue to get worse.
  • Zweible
    Zweible
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    Oh NO! Please don't do this! Please have housing mats at LEAST have the same chance to appear in survey nodes as they do in normal nodes. Please!

RE this

i have the following surveys on hand right now with likely a couple dozen more by launch:
    135 ench
    30 cloth
    60 wood
    44 blacksmith
    63 alchemy

So with this change that means that when the brand new sub-game of housing drops, i wont have an advantage of this magnitude over anyone else including the role-player types who might be more inclined to really get into housing?

Well, if thats the case then i have to say... thats a wonderful move and i applaud you.

Well done.

#ThisIsNotSarcasm

And it makes what kind of difference whatsoever that some people had the foresight to stock up on surveys in the futile hope that they MAY have gotten enuff mats to make a bed? Is it a race to see who can decorate fastest? Maybe the people who stocked their surveys are really into the crafting and wanted to play their way without the (obviously) boring grind that ZOS is forcing on us?

Now we have another inconsistency. Surveys will only drop the mats that the survey is intended for.. EXCEPT IN CRAGLORN. You can still get nirn. Bad move ZOS.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CC is still broken as ***, would actually be nice if ZOS could at least respond to that.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zweible wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Crafting & Economy
    General

RE this

135 ench
    30 cloth
    60 wood
    44 blacksmith
    63 alchemy

Well done.

#ThisIsNotSarcasm

And it makes what kind of difference whatsoever that some people had the foresight to stock up on surveys in the futile hope that they MAY have gotten enuff mats to make a bed? Is it a race to see who can decorate fastest? Maybe the people who stocked their surveys are really into the crafting and wanted to play their way without the (obviously) boring grind that ZOS is forcing on us?

Now we have another inconsistency. Surveys will only drop the mats that the survey is intended for.. EXCEPT IN CRAGLORN. You can still get nirn. Bad move ZOS.

Not to mention how it would affect you long term, like you know when you're just doing your daily crafting writs... It isn't about gaining advantage over people, it's about having more than ONE source of obtaining the materials. Not everyone wants to or should be forced to run around zones picking up every node for hours to decorate their homes.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't about gaining advantage over people, it's about having more than ONE source of obtaining the materials. Not everyone wants to or should be forced to run around zones picking up every node for hours to decorate their homes.

Especially when we know EVERYONE ELSE is going to be doing the same thing, because that's what always happens with new content. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't about gaining advantage over people, it's about having more than ONE source of obtaining the materials. Not everyone wants to or should be forced to run around zones picking up every node for hours to decorate their homes.

Especially when we know EVERYONE ELSE is going to be doing the same thing, because that's what always happens with new content. :\

Exactly and it will be a rat race for a long time because the new mats, if only obtainable via node farming would be easy gold to sell, so you'll be competing for nodes for others trying to stock up to decorate their homes and then those simply farming to sell for gold.
    Edited by Grumble_and_Grunt on January 31, 2017 1:24AM
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • trbrelinskib14_ESO
    trbrelinskib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    • No fixing bugs, just removing the "problem"
    • ABSOLUTELY (a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y) full ignorance of classes threads, players opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism
    • Forcing people to grind more and more, because there's no new content instead of small 2 DLC (Thieves Guild and DB, the last one has veeeery boring questline) + SoH with (wow, omg, so much content!) 2 dungeons. Of course we have nothing to do and nothing to explore. Half of Tamriel map is empty. Pffffffffff, you don't say so. Go and farm several hours to make a fancy cup for your new house.
    • At first we have 2500 crowns for mounts. Then 4000-5000 for them. Then - Crown Crates. Now - 6000 for motif (SIX!). What's next? Is it because people are leaving or using crown store less than expected previously?
    • Nerfing, nerfing, nerfing everything. Instead of finding a solution, instead of listeting to ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELVES, you just nerfing everything you see. First - multiplying everything (old players remember days when they had ~2,5k of hp), then - veteran system, then - champion, then - 1T (of course, locations been so empty without it). Do you even have a plan? I'm pretty sure that so many global changes weren't in your plans at first.
    • Destroying stamina as a class. While playing with magicka I can get at least the same results (usually - better) doing LESS THINGS. It's like to earn a million of $ while picking your nose and earn $500k working for many years.

ZOS, seems, thinking about money, not the content and quality. And I hope that they realise that even with such quality (yes, ESO is one of the best and top MMOs for now) they can fail. People are not idiots overall, and such system with be ruined at the end with the way you're going in. You don't listen to players, who know BETTER THAN YOU what's wrong in the game. You're worrying only about Crown Store (just check that every thread with Crown Store problems/questions has an answer from ZOS). For the last year all we got is 2 small poor locations. You're ruining PvE game, because of PvP crying girls. Instead of balancing and finding a solution just cut a part of the game - "should work, they'll eat this anyway".

That's a fact. I'm telling only facts and what I see since BETA. I see how extremely promising and high-quality MMO came to "The Elder Sims Online" (still TESO anyway) as a simulator of:
    1. Grinding. Grinding everything. We've been grinding trial first. Then experience (hello, champion system). Then sets (hello, 1T). And now we're gonna grind fancy cups.
    2. PvP. Want to play ESO? There're 2 thing for you: either PvP or Grinding simulator. Sorry, but we have a poor PvE content here. Oh, u wanna pick a stamina class? ("Should we tell him or just look what will happen?")

I'm crying, ZOS. To see how Creators consciously are destroying their child... The child we loved so much for the first time.

P.S. That's only my opinion, and many of you could disagree with this. It's okay.

Just sad... just really sad. Yes, it's very easy to disagree with this... I'm not even sure how you came to this? Just wow...take a step back for a bit...

Mounts are still 2500, some are just 900 (horses). They only nerf that which needs nerfed. Do you not listen to what they are saying why they nerf things?

I just can't be silent when I see this kind of talk... just wrong across the board. This thread is full of melodramatic doomsayers going crazy...and being very rude. ZOS is not stupid. Sure I disagree with some of what they do (how classes are implemented in the game), but overall they are making a great game.

If you look at the overall changes in 2.7 release they have changed a lot of stuff directly based on what people have said and it's ongoing.

@ZOS_RichLambert I may not agree with everything you do, but great job. Looking forward to see how things shape up over the year. And @ZOS_GinaBruno and other community staff, I applaud your ability to deal with crap thrown at you like this... I apologize for my fellow players... Rather sad indeed.
    Edited by trbrelinskib14_ESO on January 31, 2017 1:18AM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the idea that OLD Surveys collected from before Homestead won't drop furniture-crafting items.

I'm more angry than I can say on the forums with the idea that NEW Surveys collected in Homestead won't drop furniture-crafting items. At the very least, those nodes should have the exact same probability of dropping furniture-crafting mats as normal nodes do.

I can see ESO becoming Elder Bots Online and all of us who want to craft ending up either grinding like mad or being forced to buy furniture-crafting mats through Guild Stores, from accounts who may well be bots.

Really quite, quite unhappy.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno No mention of broken CC's, are you guys aware that CC's are not performing properly? Just got off the PTS a minute ago and they're still not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqysog_K-aY

I'll post this... again. If this is what we can expect from the game for the next six months, then say goodbye to the majority of your subscribers and the entire population of Cyrodiil, or what's left of it.

OMFG this is great! Only at Zenimax....
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    Remember kids, the goal of the housing patch is make you buy it all for crowns, not earn it playing. I mean, if everyone could just farm a few days for mats and get decent items, only the obscenely rich would actually cash out a house, right? By making the grind nearly impossible, you are basically herded into the crown store like cattle.

Balance? Yeah, there are literally THOUSANDS of what the heck were they thinking comments posted... and every one of them was ignored.

So for this BIG DLC, I will see 4 new motifs and a damage nerf. Historically NOT awesome. I know some folks are gushing over the prospect of housing. I'm sure some people will drop millions of gold and buy all the big houses for a title. I think that title should be "more money than brains."
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    The way I see this,blaming the team is not right because this new content is designed to take money from you and that's on zenimax,ZOS team can only do a handful of things at the time,this is zenimax been a cheap and piece of shiitt.
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    souravami wrote: »
    Underwhelming, to say the least.
    Now I'm really skeptical about tomorrow's announcement.Hopefully they don't [snip] that up as well.

I have no idea what you guys were expecting with one week before release. There is not enough time for any additional major changes to be tested properly, and if they introduce new bugs, GG.

Sad that companies follow deadlines instead of finishing the product. This is shameful :/.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »

Some things you said was alright, but many parts are not (even a blatant lie about mounts in the crown store - do we play the same game?) you have to chill. I mean seriously.
      If anything, there's tons and tons and tons of PVE stuff to explore. Most of the people I know didn't even touch all DLCs yet, let alone completed them. The same is probably true for the main game content and all the dungeons. The game is super massive and just because ZOS didn't implement this or that doesn't mean the world is going to end. Sigh.

Edited by maboleth on January 31, 2017 1:45AM
    • alexj4596b14_ESO
      alexj4596b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno Still no revert on Strife nerf nor a buff for the increased cost? ugh