The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.4

• Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso is an awesome MMO but this housing system is a joke. All is about crown store . ..The grinding is real to make us buy the items from the Crown Store.

To make this we must be encouraged !! So ZOS , make it a slightly grind not FULL grind.
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Honestly, as much as I didn't want to, I'm going back to bdo
    And I failed smashing ogre rings...

Yes , BDO have a fantastic housing system...and also almost every MMO on the market with a housing system encourage players to have a house and decorate it . Too bad Homestead will be only a grind ...and the players will become frustrated soon when they'll see everything will be only about grind and crowns for some cosmetic stuff...

Also Homstead is the first housing system I ever see with NO storage. The system is a joke... I'm sorry to say this...

The promised balance also its a joke...Soon will see only magicka characters. RIP stamina.

English is not my native language
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    The "Argonian Canopy, Frilled" now looks like a canopy, instead of accidentally appearing as a boat.

Nooooo. I love that boat. Is it craftable on its own now? I need my reed raft to go out fishing!

I loved that boat too :disappointed: It made an awesome bed! I really hope its not completely gone!
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 31, 2017 7:58AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

Nice! So instead of fixing the bug of Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking/Enchanting surveys not dropping the new housing materials they simply remove it from the alchemy surveys and call it quits! GG Zenimax.

Prepare to farm for a couple hours to build a couple items for your home, then another couple hours to build some more items, farming your socks off in the housing patch rat race! Or buy them for incredibly inflated prices on the market.

This is imo a poor and lazy attempt at a fix and IF it was not intended to drop housing materials from crafting surveys in first place, I see literally no reason why that should have been the case...The ONLY way to retrieve these items which are needed in abundance is farming nodes or buying from people who farmed nodes..

Perfect opportunity to reward crafters and inject a decent supply of these mats in the market, instead you've removed them completely besides farming nodes and therefore created a very frustrating, laborious approach for decorating homes.

On a separate note nothing about crashes? EU last week couldn't test anything because the build was incredibly unstable, I really hope for NA sake they are not met with the same frustrations.
    This.
    Best option is: Make ALL Surveys drop new materials. OR increase chance to get them from Nodes to 20-30% per node, from 3-5% atm.
    NOBODY will be able to actually do housing, if this comes.
    Housing will be dead from first day on.

• The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Still no double mundus exploit fix???

Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    The_Saint wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well, you can not see it anymore on your enemies thanks to changes to how you can track stuff (Miats OP lul). There you go, that is their fix :trollface:
    Edited by Alcast on January 31, 2017 8:51AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing regarding strife nerf, cool...
  • Henryc1t807
    Henryc1t807
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, I see they have gone to town on those class balances, what with all the feedback they've been getting
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well, you can not see it anymore on your enemies thanks to changes to how you can track stuff (Miats OP lul). There you go, that is their fix :trollface:

@Alcast Actually you can, I went on PTS and you still can, in fact it's gone one step further and showing all short buffs too! Very annoying if you use Srendarr because now all player debuffs on boss are showing on your own buff tracking like Trap beast does currently xD. No idea why, no idea if intended, I mean it shouldn't be given the notes but it is.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Housing materials not droppable from surveys is a mess you know?
    Players already knife eachother when someone steal a node, just watch how was wrothgar, yeah nodes are everywhere, like people.
    About class balance, I didn't expect much changes in the last week..
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry people but it makes sense to not have major fixes and leave one week of pts to test. Id put a pin on things that are concerned, see how things go live, and give feedback. I hope they can address anything that is major with speed. For example, a solution to proc sets should have come much sooner.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Argonian Target Skeletons are now available for purchase in the Housing Editor.

This made me giddy the moment I saw it, and I have no idea why.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafting & Economy
    General
    This.
    Best option is: Make ALL Surveys drop new materials. OR increase chance to get them from Nodes to 20-30% per node, from 3-5% atm.
    NOBODY will be able to actually do housing, if this comes.
    Housing will be dead from first day on.

I agree, forcing Crown Store should not be an option. People that don't want to craft will go to the store. Advertise those items in the store as featured - it's all good, as far as I'm concerned. I know you guys have to earn, it's all good. And I bet there will be a lot people just buying tens of thousands of crowns.

BUT, make it possible for a player to get materials and make the items, without spending hours doing very simple and boring tasks as collecting materials to make a simple chair. If Elder Scrolls is about choice well, this shouldn't be a tedious OCD experience.

Edited by maboleth on January 31, 2017 10:51AM
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    With no of the new materials dropping in surveys, I truly wish that Zos could do the same way GW2 did with gathering nodes. Making it personal so that we don't have to fight everyone else just to get to one single node...

I have wanted this particulary change since beta personally, but now I feel it is going to be Needed. Simply to remove some of the hostility amongst people out gathering...

(naturally, there is not only hostility as there is a lot of nice gatherers too. But...I lost count on how many times I been having a node stolen from me when fighting a mob or two guarding it)
    Edited by Kazya on January 31, 2017 11:13AM
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fatalyis wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno No mention of broken CC's, are you guys aware that CC's are not performing properly? Just got off the PTS a minute ago and they're still not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqysog_K-aY

I'll post this... again. If this is what we can expect from the game for the next six months, then say goodbye to the majority of your subscribers and the entire population of Cyrodiil, or what's left of it.

OMFG this is great! Only at Zenimax....

Fix this omg :open_mouth:
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • tju1208
    tju1208
    Soul Shriven
    What are about the stam morphs in the class trees. I want more useful skills in this game.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    excited to try out the housing editor again on the NA server and see if my stuff is staying put now. I also want to see those animations for the pets I heard about.

at least this was working properly last night. Pets' idles were better.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Ruinhorn wrote: »

Some things you said was alright, but many parts are not (even a blatant lie about mounts in the crown store - do we play the same game?) you have to chill. I mean seriously.
      If anything, there's tons and tons and tons of PVE stuff to explore. Most of the people I know didn't even touch all DLCs yet, let alone completed them. The same is probably true for the main game content and all the dungeons. The game is super massive and just because ZOS didn't implement this or that doesn't mean the world is going to end. Sigh.

Mounts we have now as available
      • Camel, Bear, Wolf, Lion - 1800
      • Guar - 1300
      • Horses - 900 (or even for gold if you're buying in stables)
      • Alliance and Nightmare - 2500 (horses)

Also need to notice, that some mounts like wolf and camel (and bear if I remember correctly) you could buy much cheaper with DLC pack.

Now let's have a look at other mounts which are not available:
      • Black bear and Snow bear (recolored texture from brown to black and white) - 2500
      • Black Camel - 1800
      • Guars (pretty cheap) - from 1300 to 2500
      • Mind Shriven - 2200, Frost - 2500. Mostly others are exclusive
      • Zombie - dropped 2015 price from 2500 to 1200 for 2016
      • Senches - 1800 for lion and lioness (wow, they added a mane for lioness and wuala - new mount!) - 2500 for others
      • DroMathra - 4000 (exclusive)
      • Wolves - 1800 and 2500

Okay, as we see most part is unavailable.
      Not let's check the last updates.
      • Great Elk - it's a new mount just like wolf or bear was. Both of them you could buy with DLC pack for cheaper price. Now you can buy them for 1800. As Camel too. They're fully new mounts with new models, textures, animations and etc. Now, what was the price for Great Elk? 4500, am I right? Wait, something is wrong. Sence DroMathra for 4000 (with epic textures and shining) and Elk is for 4500???! Yes.

But don't say that all the mounts are unavailable! They are, but in other option. It is.... Crown Crates (applauds!). Let's have a look at them.
      • 400 for x1, 1500 for x5 and 5000 for x15.
      • Storm mounts and soon (with new Festival, I suppose) more mounts (maybe different kind of Crates, or just remove this and put another one).

Tell me, how many Crates you need to buy to get, for example, Clouded Senche? I wanna buy this mount, neither storm, nor any of others. Hm? Oh, yes, you also will get A LOT of trash like potions, pets and so on just for fun. You don't need them, but take them anyway.

Now let's see Crown Store prices overall:
      • Turban - 500, turban with MASK - 500 (lol wut). Yeah, pay 1000 for a variant with mask, please. We can't sell them together.
      • 6000 for DroMathra style. So, you can buy all the motifs (sheets) for ~150k or maybe a bit more. For this price I could buy for 4000 DroMathra Senche and for 1800 someone else. I'm ready to pay 200k of gold right now for 2 mounts, tell me how.
      • Personalities. 3 emotions pack - 500. Commander - 700. Drunk and Thief - 1200. What's next? 1500 for one emotion?

Many beautiful thing people want to buy are unavailable for now. Things which are only for limited time only. Things, which cost during this "limited time" as several other good things, forcing us to buy expensivly right now or never.
      We're expecting new mounts soon (Saber-toothed senches, am I right?). What price should we expect? 4000? 5000? Or 3000 and even less, because people will spend too much for houses (and they will get enough money for this)?

I realise that Crown Store is one of the most important source of income for ZOS. They're doing job and job must be paid for. And you know, players are ready to pay for their job. Yes, even such high prices. Even 4500 for Great Elk. But, please, so your job properly. Fully ignoring players for now, making different classes and build unplayable in end-game content? It that a correct way? From the position of player who has been playing only several months or from PoV of casual/RP players such thing matter nothing. But I'm here since BETA. I've seen all the changes. And I remember how ZOS insisted that ESO is a game with open world, great customization (both are true, they've done a great job with this and I've already told about this) and cross-classes which mean you can easily play with any class and any race perfectly. Is it true? No. Stamina DDs are on the bottom for now. Is it a problem? Well... Since there're many stam DDs I see in the game - yes. If it's a problem, should we solve it? Absolutely, no questions. Players made A LOT of threads showing the problems, describing everything and proposing EXACT solutions. Were they listened to? No, just ignored.

ZOS made overall changes in this patch, bringing us a great opportunity to have an own house (won't talk for now about the time of grinding you need to spend for this). It's good, and me, and others were waiting for this for a long time.

ZOS nerfed all the classes. In some places equally, in some - not. But was the problem with balance in PvP and PvE solved? No. Overall nerfing is not a solutions for exact problems of exact classes.

Regarding tonns staff of explore. Once again - from the position of 2 mothns player - yes, the world is extremely big. But play for 1 year and a bit more - you'll understand this. That half of the map is empty, and all changes are about customization and crown store, not the LORE and hystorical content. I'm VERY expecting Vvanderfell. But 2 extremely small zones + 2 dungeons for a year? Remember the lags in Hew's Bane for the first week? (lol). And now both locations are empty. Really empty. You know, the documentaion for one of the rocket was designed for 3 years. Yes, it's true. So don't tell me that 1 year wasn't enough to correct mistakes and improve the world, not the Crown Store and Crown Crates.
    • GaldorP
      GaldorP
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Damn, there goes my plan of getting new mats fast. I had close to 100 surveys already :)
    • Fudly_budly
      Fudly_budly
      ✭✭✭✭
      Zweible wrote: »
      STEVIL wrote: »
      Icy wrote: »
      FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
      Crafting & Economy
      General
      • Updated Alchemy Survey Reports to no longer provide Alchemical Resin. This brings them in line with other Survey Reports.

boring grind that ZOS is forcing on us?

It isn't about gaining advantage over people, it's about having more than ONE source of obtaining the materials. Not everyone wants to or should be forced to run around zones picking up every node for hours to decorate their homes.

took almost an hour last night on PTS to find 2 Bast in order to craft a bedroll so I could finish the Grindfest "A Friend in Need" starter quest... Imagine how long it's going to take with all of us running around farming housing mats..?
      Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
      Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
      Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
      Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
    • PandaIsAPotato
      PandaIsAPotato
      ✭✭✭
      kaithuzar wrote: »
      Honestly, as much as I didn't want to, I'm going back to bdo
      And I failed smashing ogre rings...

Please, you failed Ogres? I failed TET on everything, then failed getting back to TRI, and I enjoyed BDO's combat as well as the open world PvP. *** I enjoyed the damn carebearing in BDO, but RNG was to rough on me and I couldn't take it anymore, Qaevir told me mDK got buffed, it did, now I'm back. Prolly work on grinding back up in ESO while I play For Honor and take people's heads with my Warden.
      Supreme Leader Panda
      GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
    • maboleth
      maboleth
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell me, how many Crates you need to buy to get, for example, Clouded Senche? I wanna buy this mount, neither storm, nor any of others. Hm? Oh, yes, you also will get A LOT of trash like potions, pets and so on just for fun. You don't need them, but take them anyway.

You can always give potions back for additional gems. Every duplicate item can be traded for gems. With more gems you can actually buy those crate items you want.
      Regarding tonns staff of explore. Once again - from the position of 2 mothns player - yes, the world is extremely big. But play for 1 year and a bit more - you'll understand this. That half of the map is empty, and all changes are about customization and crown store, not the LORE and hystorical content. I'm VERY expecting Vvanderfell. But 2 extremely small zones + 2 dungeons for a year? Remember the lags in Hew's Bane for the first week? (lol). And now both locations are empty. Really empty. You know, the documentaion for one of the rocket was designed for 3 years. Yes, it's true. So don't tell me that 1 year wasn't enough to correct mistakes and improve the world, not the Crown Store and Crown Crates.

I've been in ESO for almost 14 months. I'm a huge ES fan and lore geek. I like to see every single corner of the world. I don't rush dungeons, I'm doing quests. I'm actually READING those quests and listen what NPCs say. Whether I can, I actually read the lore books.

So far I've seen 40-50% of the game, at most. I haven't touched Orsinium yet, nor DB. I'm yet to finish Coldharbour, Imperial City and Thieves guild. I've seen 30% of dungeons. I've done Maelstrom Arena several times, but not Dragonstar. I play in Cyrodiil a lot too.
      So you see, I've got PLENTY of things to see and do, even after 14 months.
      And I know a lot of veteran players in my friend list that haven't touched DLCs, some even asked me what were they like.

That being said, I do agree with you about thorough, I mean thorough explanations and examples from players with ZOS not prioritizing that enough. All I can say is - none of us knows what's it like to work there on this massive game. It looks easy from the other side and afar. I do wish they'd fix those examples sooner, but eventually most of that do gets fixed.

I said this many times but - ESO is the biggest and most polished ES game to date (not counting fan made unofficial patches of previous ES games).
    • Frenkthevile
      Frenkthevile
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ice staff still like in first PTS build? So happy to have an Iceheart-based Sorc :pensive:
    • ADarklore
      ADarklore
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Idinuse wrote: »
      I strongly suggest that Templars receive a token for class change with every patch from now on. It is not fair to us that have invested i.e like me, 183 days /played (4392 hours) playing time into your game on a main Templar, all subscriptions and crown store purchases non accounted for, and have this sort of shameless class favouritism and bias for the classes you yourself play.

Let us change to a new class, preferably your favourite one(s) from U13, and you'll have far less headaches from Templars, both in game and on forums.

Funny, because people used to say the same thing about Magicka Sorcs, because up until recently they went for the longest time being the lowest damage class... now look. The world of MMOs are always a pendulum when it comes to balance, and sometimes your class is the one that gets hit... and then a few months later people will be complaining when your class gets a buff and theirs gets a nerf... that's how it has worked in every MMO I have played.
      CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    • praxis
      praxis
      ✭✭✭
      I've done every quest in this game, and leveled up 12 characters to max. And I'm tired of running the same content over and over.

I'm also not really looking forward to having to grind new gear after having spent 4 months grinding for gear and winding up with mostly crap traits. And now it will be more difficult because "balance" made most of the group's dps way lower.

Housing seems useless and the implementation comes across as really rushed, not well thought-out, and either a cash grab or an intolerable grind. I've played early access games that seemed more polished than the housing and furnishing.

See you guys in Vvardenfell, maybe.
    • ShadowHvo
      ShadowHvo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lighting is still broken in a great deal of houses.
      Nighren - The Shadow Striker
      Leader of Bloodlines
      -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
    • HELLB0UNDH0UND
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

And how does that work again? Asking for a friend.
      Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA

• Natas013
      Natas013
      ✭✭✭
      I'd say I'm surprised and/or disappointed with this "balance patch" given the pages upon pages of good suggestions made by sorc players on threads posted by @ZOS… but I'm not.

Given @Wrobel responses in the DB sorc Q&A thread, we should feel lucky for the scraps we got. So, thanks? I guess. I'm sure a portion of the 10% of sorcs that play pet builds are happy, that's at least something.
      RIP Ellania Delome
      June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
      A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
      Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    • Finisherofwar
      Finisherofwar
      ✭✭
      Why make survey reports even more useless by not dropping new mats?

Crafting writs are already underwhelming and no the master writs won't help. If you make what was the only decent part of writs in the past (the surveys) less useful by not dropping the new mats it makes grinding for furniture mats more of a hassle than it should be. The low drop rate of surveys pretty much guarantees that it would not be a feasable way to aquire new mats anyways so why remove more utility from an item that wasn't all that good to begin with?
    • React
      React
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please confirm in thread that you or the dev team are aware that CCs ARE CURRENTLEY NOT WORKING. THEY LAND ON TARGET AND GRANT CC IMMUNITY BUT DO NOT ACTUALLY CC THE ENEMY, ALLOWING THEM TO ATTACK IMMEDIATLEY WITHOUT BREAKING FREE. KNOCKDOWNS ARE PLACING PLAYERS AND ADS ON THE FLOOR IN A FROZEN, LOCKED-OUT STATE FOR UP TO A MINUTE.

EDIT: @Wrobel YOU CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN. THIS WILL PROVE YOU TO BE THE MOST INCOMPETENT "DEV" OF ALL TIME.
      Edited by React on January 31, 2017 3:33PM
      @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
      React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
      Content
      Twitch.tv/reactfaster
      Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ashtaris wrote: »
      Enodoc wrote: »
      Crafting & Economy
      General
      Oh great, there goes another source of furnishing mats. You guys should have fixed this bug the other way around, so that every survey report node gave a guaranteed furnishing material.
      It seems that ZOS is trying like hell to take the fun out of furniture crafting and the Homestead update in general. From what I have seen so far, they are succeeding :(
      Indeed. I don't know about anyone else, but I have no incentive to buy a house right now.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp