Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Poison-Making

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Poison-Making. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to successfully and easily find the reagents required for poisons?
  • Did you make any poisons? How did that experience feel overall?
  • If you used poisons, did it feel satisfying?
  • When an active weapon is out of charge and poison (or just broken), you’ll see an indicator appear.
    • Did you find the iconography to be clear and noticeable?
    • Are there any other indicators that you feel would be helpful?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interested to see the new reagents and what effects they have. I'm assuming that any new negative effects are countered by more new reagents with new positive effects for potions? Is it still possible to create an entirely "bad" potion (using, for example, Emetic Russula and Nirnroot for a "Potion of Ravage Health")? Can you create "beneficial" poisons (for example, combining Columbine and Bugloss with oil to create a Restore Health "poison")?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Very interested to see the new reagents and what effects they have. I'm assuming that any new negative effects are countered by more new reagents with new positive effects for potions? Is it still possible to create an entirely "bad" potion (using, for example, Emetic Russula and Nirnroot for a "Potion of Ravage Health")? Can you create "beneficial" poisons (for example, combining Columbine and Bugloss with oil to create a Restore Health "poison")?

To piggyback off of this, if it is possible to make an 'only beneficial' poison, what are the implications for cross-faction griefing in pvp? I.E. I get on my AD character with a tri-resto poison on my white bow (for low damage), and use weak light attacks on my EP friend while he is in combat to act as a healer that cannot be killed by other AD's?
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to find some alkahest and made one poison. Also found some beetle scuttle. The equipping them could use a hot key, some poisons I saw on vendors would be nice for one or two attacks but then I would want to use my normal weapon enchantment. Going back into the inventory to change them out or turn them off is cumbersome.

Maybe add a poison belt slots or something where you can hot key 4 or so poisons. So when you press the button it equips on the weapons you are using then if you press it again it turns the poison application off.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Very interested to see the new reagents and what effects they have.

yeah it was neat finding reagents with ? ? ? ? for traits, haven't encountered that in a loooong time
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feedback for Alchemy - at an Alchemy station the Reagent don't appear to be in any particular order, which makes it hard to find anything. In fact, the order seemed to change when I logged off and logged back in. Maybe they should be alphabetical?
    Edited by Alanar on April 26, 2016 3:34AM
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are the new alchemy traits for the toxins.

Mudcrab Chitin - Increase Spell Resist
    Mudcrab Chitin - Protection
    Mudcrab Chitin - Increase Armor
    Mudcrab Chitin - Defile
    Scrib Jelly - Ravage Magicka
    Scrib Jelly - Vulnerability
    Scrib Jelly - Speed
    Scrib Jelly - Sustained Restore Health
    Stinkhorn - Lower Armor
    Stinkhorn - Increase Weapon Power
    Stinkhorn - Ravage Health
    Stinkhorn - Ravage Stamina
    Blue Entoloma - Ravage Magicka
    Blue Entoloma - Restore Health
    Blue Entoloma - Lower Spell Power
    Blue Entoloma - Invisible
    Nightshade - Ravage Health
    Nightshade - Creeping Ravage Health
    Nightshade - Protection
    Nightshade - Defile
    Spider Egg - Reduce Speed
    Spider Egg - Sustained Restore Health
    Spider Egg - Invisible
    Spider Egg - Defile
    Beetle Scuttle - Lower Spell Resist
    Beetle Scuttle - Increase Armor
    Beetle Scuttle - Protection
    Beetle Scuttle - Vitality
    Butterfly Wing - Restore Health
    Butterfly Wing - Sustained Restore Health
    Butterfly Wing - Lower Spell Crit
    Butterfly Wing - Vitality
    Fleshfly Larva - Ravage Stamina
    Fleshfly Larva - Creeping Ravage Health
    Fleshfly Larva - Vulnerability
    Fleshfly Larva - Vitality
    Torchbug Thorax - Lower Armor
    Torchbug Thorax - Lower Weapon Crit
    Torchbug Thorax - Detection
    Torchbug Thorax - Vitality
    Edited by Alanar on April 26, 2016 3:37AM
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the reagents (waters and oils) at the alchemy station are still using veteran rank numbers instead of champion point numbers. For example, Alkahest says "Makes a [champion symbol] 15 poison. Should it be "Makes a [champion symbol] 150 poison"?
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Were you able to successfully and easily find the reagents required for poisons?

I didn't gather them the hard way. The crates were very easy to access however.

Did you make any poisons? How did that experience feel overall?

I made a lot of poisons. I have never done alchemy so the process was very confusing. After a few failures I finally picked up on the pattern of Poison component + non poison + non poison.

If you used poisons, did it feel satisfying?

Poisons felt very good and I found a large portion of the effects to be desirable. I can't really gauge they balance at the moment due to the bugs they have though. I am already considering leveling alchemist from scratch so I can get my hands on them right at launch.

When an active weapon is out of charge and poison (or just broken), you’ll see an indicator appear.
    Did you find the iconography to be clear and noticeable?

I didn't notice it at all. I was burning through small 16 group packs over and over not realizing I was out.

Are there any other indicators that you feel would be helpful?

Maybe a sound effect like a breaking vial? There are already a lot of weapon glow effect so that could interfere with tracking other abilities. Maybe an icon that flashes above our head like a skull and bones.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Poisons are fun but they go quick. It doesn't take a lot of materials to make them however. It would be nice to switch poison on the fly somehow in combat. I am also not sure how poison operate while doing AOE attacks. Will the poison just proc on a random target? Will it hit every target? Will it ignore targets that already have a draining poison on them?
    Edited by exiledtyrant on April 26, 2016 4:13AM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • jamesj118b14_ESO
    jamesj118b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what's new with alchemy:

There are 8 new reagents
    • Beetle Scuttle
    • Fleshfly Larva
    • Mudcrab Chitin
    • Nightshade
    • Scrib Jelly
    • Spider Egg
    • Torchbug Thorax

They all drop from the critters and creatures you'd expect, except Nightshade, which is a new node

Spread among these reagents are 3 new effects, each with a positive and negative aspect:
    • Vitality/Defile, which increases/decreases your healing taken by 30%/15%
    • Protection/Vulnerability, which reduces/increases damage to you by 8%
    • Lingering/Creeping Health, which restores/ravages a small amount of health each second

You create poisons much like potions: match effects on different reagents, except use oil instead of water. However, while there are harmful potions, there are no beneficial poisons. Combining positive effects results in a "draining" poison, where you drain the effect from the target. For instance, using a protection poison will "drain" Minor Protection from the target, increasing the damage they take by 8% as well as decreasing the damage you take by 8%.

And herein lies my problem with poisons right now: with one, maybe two exceptions, poisons with "beneficial" effects are completely superior to poisons with negative effects. To continue the example above, a Vulnerability poison will increase the damage the target takes by 8%, and nothing else. The duration and magnitude of the debuff is exactly the same as that given by a Protection poison*, and the Protection poison will also give Minor Protection, making it superior in all respects.

The only exceptions are Restore/Ravage Health, with Restore doing less poison damage than Ravage but also restores health, and Invisiblity/Detection, where Invis is like Piercing Mark and Detect is like Magelight.
    And that's how poisons should be: there should be a trade-off when you use positive or negative poisons.

*According to the tooltip, which could very well be wrong.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a general comment: I was concerned that the addition of poisons would be seriously OP in gank builds and PvP. Having it temporarily replace the weapon enchant was a great idea, and allows flexibility. Also, since the enchant is still there, if a player runs out of poisons they aren't at a disadvantage or tied to an alchemy table addiction.

Well done.
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    I was able to find some alkahest and made one poison. Also found some beetle scuttle. The equipping them could use a hot key, some poisons I saw on vendors would be nice for one or two attacks but then I would want to use my normal weapon enchantment. Going back into the inventory to change them out or turn them off is cumbersome.

Maybe add a poison belt slots or something where you can hot key 4 or so poisons. So when you press the button it equips on the weapons you are using then if you press it again it turns the poison application off.

I agree with the poison belt slots.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all:

This Alchemy extension is awesome <3
    Many, many new possibilities

One point of improvement I see now:
    The Poison states Armor and it should be Physical Resist
    (Since a while Armor Resist is defined as Spell AND Physical Resist)
    see example:
    k4Z7H8X.jpg?1

Here below some more Poisons AND..... AND new Potions !
    (Poisons made with "Alkahest" oil and the Potions made with the normal Lorkhan's Tears.

Some new Potions that a Tank could use for self sustain:
    Potions/Poisons made by a Crafter with still base values for Spell/Weapon Power and stats.

dq7lwBa.jpg?1

dJZlimv.jpg?1

C0QcOwK.jpg?1

2j1EuQy.jpg?1

And some Poisons

QFbMsUj.jpg?1

Rh9W1jF.jpg?1

Edited by hrothbern on April 26, 2016 8:35AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main play style is ganking in pvp and I disapprove these poisons. They need to hold the same cooldown as your potion or not belong in pvp at all.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's quite a bit of potential in the system..

i like this one for example:

r75Iou5.jpg
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    First of all:

see example:
    k4Z7H8X.jpg?1

(Poisons made with "Alkahest" oil and the Potions made with the normal Lorkhan's Tears.

Potions/Poisons made by a Crafter with still base values for Spell/Weapon Power and stats.

dq7lwBa.jpg?1

dJZlimv.jpg?1

C0QcOwK.jpg?1

2j1EuQy.jpg?1

And some Poisons

QFbMsUj.jpg?1

Rh9W1jF.jpg?1

Wait, so the new regeants can combine with current flowers to make these new potions?!
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, loads of combinations...
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alkahest drops off of trolls if anyone is looking for it. It drops rarely on other npcs but always from trolls. There is a new lore book that talks about the troll fat being used for alchemy.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    First of all:

see example:
    k4Z7H8X.jpg?1

dq7lwBa.jpg?1

dJZlimv.jpg?1

C0QcOwK.jpg?1

2j1EuQy.jpg?1

And some Poisons

QFbMsUj.jpg?1

Rh9W1jF.jpg?1

The ravage magika seem nasty
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    Do these work in PvE against Mobs, Dungeons, etc?
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL is all I really have to say. How many procs can a single potion make? Can these effects be purged?

W
    T
    F

Edited by Xeven on April 26, 2016 3:34PM
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These do work in pve. Tried on random mobs in whrothgar.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    any idea how long on average each poison works(total uses wise)? and do they work on all weapons? (staffs, bows, etc)
    Edited by dsalter on April 26, 2016 4:09PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do work on all weapons. The magitoxin poison I linked earlier lasts 10secs (is in the description). I used it with a fire staff and it worked. Every time it applies it uses a charge. When crafting you get 12 (I think) per oil/mat with alchemy maxed.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there an internal cooldown on applying a poison if the target already has the poison effect(s) active? I'd be a waste of charges if the effect lasted 10+ seconds but it was burning a charge every time you fired an attack. You'd end up needing to unequip the poison for 10 seconds, then re-equip it to reapply the effects, which would be impossible without hotkeying and cumbersome with hotkeying.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    only 12 charges? yikes, was expecting at least 30 since light attacks are common place, tho that working on staffs is interesting, very interesting
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all:

.......//.........

Wait, so the new regeants can combine with current flowers to make these new potions?!

Jip @ThatNeonZebraAgain :)

Here below two very simple brews, made from the same two reagents, an old one and a new one
    The first one with oil as solvent, becoming a Poison
    The second one with a water as solvent, becoming a Potion
    The number of different combinations will be quite big !

zrHrOay.jpg?1

bMb08rM.jpg?1
    Edited by hrothbern on April 26, 2016 6:06PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    The stealth detection poisons may be a bit overkill. With all the new ways to reveal stealth I'm not sure a 10 second duration stealth reveal that also increase cloak cost by 30% is fair.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ''Armor'' poison doesn't increase your Spell Resist sadly . It just steals Major Resolve ( increases physical resistance ) from the enemy and give it to you . I tested it against Trolls in Cyrodiil . No change in Spell Resist . As a DK , I don't have a problem with that but other classes may want that . Armor means both spell and physical resist usually but not this time I guess . It would be very helpful to the players if you make this clear .
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found some issues with the proc rates of some of the poisons. Mainly the Ravage Health poison that deals a flat damage on a 1 second cool down. The proc rate is extremely inconsistent- sometimes it procs every few hits and sometimes it simply does not proc at all. The charges it goes through is also a bit too fast at the moment, I put in 65 on my weapons and they were consumed in under 5 minutes of testing, despite not dealing damage each consumption.

It's hard to properly test the ICD of this at the moment as many addons that record Scrolling Text are broken, and the in game SCT does not attribute damage sources to what is dealing them (no name tags saying what each tick's source is).
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisons are too powerful. You made them too strong. Weapon enchants pale in comparison to some of the stronger poisons. Also, to now be competitive in pvp you will pretty much need to have poison on your weapon, and that means more grind more money to spend on reagents etc, this is too much for casuals to keep up with.

Compare a poison user vs a player who dont use poisons and the poor pennyless pure pvper will have bad odds. This isnt really a path I can agree with. Poisons is exciting, yes, but in the current state on pts they are far too powerful.

PC EU
    PvP only