The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for Poison-Making

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Poisons are p2w. They are so damn op and procs very often. You must YOU MUST use them to stay competitive, otherwise you are just gimping yourself. Literally. You broke the game this time. ggwp

Look at that immovability poison effects.

root
    cc immunity
    breakfree for free
    drain health
    drain magicka/stamina
    make your target's spells cost more magicka/stamina

at every 15 seconds

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

But if the three effects actually diminish to 1/3rd since there are 3 effects it could be something like:

-immobilize victim and immune to cc for 2 seconds
    -can't enter stealth for 3 seconds
    -opponents costs increased 10% for 3 seconds and restore 900 magicka to you.

Really have no idea what the final iteration is going to look like, once they get it working. Not even sure why they want feedback when it is so potentially different from the final result.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If these poison go live even with 30% of the strength shown here on these pictures they will be OP beyond belief. I'm gonna hold out hope that ZOS won't be so careless. This would flat out be game breaking

I think intro poison into Cyrodiil is a bad idea considering how lopsided class balance is. Stealth is already OP and the highest burst pop in the game and poison benefits them more then any other playsyle....this could get ugly fast
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine:

Nightblade poisons weapon

Opens on you from stealth with ambush

Animation cancels light attack (poison with effects)

Incap strikes you

Suprise attack canceled into killers blade

This will happen quickly...before poison you may have had a chance to depend yourself, with these poisons even at 30% of whT you see on the PTS you will have no chance

Welcome to call of duty online...I can't believe for a sec they will let something like this go live...no way
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• MoreDino
    MoreDino
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with the idea that gankers benefit the most from poisons. Said ganker has no way to be sure the first 1 or 2 light/heavy attacks will even proc, so banking on them for your rotation is a bad idea. They definitely have much more utility in more sustained fights.

I completely agree that the numbers we're seeing are over the top, and can only hope proper changes (like the dilution that was said to be taking place) is put in sooner rather than later to test them with those numbers. Really hope they don't go live with the current numbers or without dilution being tested.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that Emetic russula has no positive traits, will it see much love in this poison making? Anyone tried it?
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Considering that Emetic russula has no positive traits, will it see much love in this poison making? Anyone tried it?

smile

I am saving up Emetic Russula since April 2014, for a Rogue NB character once to be levelled, and at that time believing that the Poison stuff would come. Be it that it took a while longer than anticipated.

So to your question @maboleth , some Poisons:

ztAYCwb.jpg?1

y7bPnXz.jpg?1

flFSrFj.jpg?1

8x4uydZ.jpg?1
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! :D Good job! Can't wait to try these poisons in game. :P
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    The end of PvP....
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'drain' effects from positive traits makes no sense. Also, this is going to make the most desirable reagents the same ones that are already desirable, and the rest will continue being unused because they 'only' deal damage without buffing the poisoner. I do not know what the plans for dilution are, but anything that is a drain needs its effects to be cut in half, even before dilution.

How is a poison that is in the blood stream returning stuff to the poisoner, anyways?
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From looking at the pictures of the poison listed below I am wondering why it is listed as a "Poison". Why would a poison BOTH debuff an enemy and BUFF the player applying it? So not only are you going to lower my armor by 1188, your going to increase the other players armor almost 5 times that amount, make me take 8% more damage and reduce their damage taken by the same 8%?????

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_RichLambert why are you combining two separate items for this? This is both a Potion and a Poison combined into one package. If a player wants a buff, they SHOULD GET IT FROM TAKING A POTION.....NOT APPLYING A POISON......

hrothbern wrote: »
    First of all:

This Alchemy extension is awesome <3
    Many, many new possibilities

One point of improvement I see now:
    The Poison states Armor and it should be Physical Resist
    (Since a while Armor Resist is defined as Spell AND Physical Resist)
    see example:
    k4Z7H8X.jpg?1

The only thing that poisons like this are going to accomplish is that EVERYONE is going to use the same one. You've just eliminated the entire need for a weapon enchant as that's worthless in comparison to this so called "Poison".
    Edited by Robbmrp on April 28, 2016 1:44PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sirvandal wrote: »
    The end of PvP....

Sad but true... It's 'Vicious Death' in bottles... :/
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • UnBelievaBill
    UnBelievaBill
    ✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    First of all:

This Alchemy extension is awesome <3
    Many, many new possibilities

One point of improvement I see now:
    The Poison states Armor and it should be Physical Resist
    (Since a while Armor Resist is defined as Spell AND Physical Resist)
    see example:
    k4Z7H8X.jpg?1

Here below some more Poisons AND..... AND new Potions !
    (Poisons made with "Alkahest" oil and the Potions made with the normal Lorkhan's Tears.

Some new Potions that a Tank could use for self sustain:
    Potions/Poisons made by a Crafter with still base values for Spell/Weapon Power and stats.

dq7lwBa.jpg?1

dJZlimv.jpg?1

C0QcOwK.jpg?1

2j1EuQy.jpg?1

And some Poisons

QFbMsUj.jpg?1

Rh9W1jF.jpg?1

Wait, so the new regeants can combine with current flowers to make these new potions?!

Holy cow!!! Those things are beasts! Concerned about balance... Cool though.
  • Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    Poisons are p2w. T

How can they be "P2W"? I mean... oils will be dropped by monsters all oer tamriel if i understood correctly..so even people wihtout the DB should be able to use them? THat should take away the "P2W" altogheter since eeryone should have acess DLC or not DLC... unless only DB players can use poison?
  • UnBelievaBill
    UnBelievaBill
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Poisons are too powerful. You made them too strong. Weapon enchants pale in comparison to some of the stronger poisons. Also, to now be competitive in pvp you will pretty much need to have poison on your weapon, and that means more grind more money to spend on reagents etc, this is too much for casuals to keep up with.

Compare a poison user vs a player who dont use poisons and the poor pennyless pure pvper will have bad odds. This isnt really a path I can agree with. Poisons is exciting, yes, but in the current state on pts they are far too powerful.

Kinda agree here. Potions look great. Pretty strong. Poisons though.... Yikes
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make poisons available for PvE... agree. But for PvP it will lead to more zerging because little groups and solo players will be too weak...
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • Jesh
    Jesh
    ✭✭✭
    I love the poison making, however, I think it could be interesting if you could toggle the poisons on and off. So mid combat i toggle whatever poison I have slotted, and fight on, get a few procs in, toggle off, and back to my enchantment.
    The possibilities for skilled and varied combat techniques would be phenomenal.
    So my suggestion is a Poison Toggle.
    DK Stam DPS
    Templar Healer
    NB Magica DPS
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS just a suggestion if your gonna make poisons this lethal where stam blades can almost 1 shot people (even a sorry player like me was able to 1 shot in IC on the pts) then can we get an extra 5k-10k towards our health? or something to balance this out. I love the poisons but they are OP big time

My opinions for DB poison crafting and class balance:
    Nerf poisons or buff player stats! If you want class balance then make each class have similar abilities with both stam and magicka morphs and maneuverability for all classes!
    Also since you reduced the duration of all damage shields can we get the damage shield reduction removed from the battle spirit passive?
    Edited by HenryIvan on April 28, 2016 6:00PM
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    This idea is so unbalanced and just should not be put in game, this is seriously going ruin all hope of balance, so not only as magicka templar will i have no way to get away from people if i need to, i have no escape, no speed buffs, all i can do is heal myself to stay alive

Now though you added these just stupid idea of poisons...... now i cant escape, cant get speed buff to run away, and now i will have 30% healing reduction from a poison, and/ or 30% increased magicka costs, this idea of poison i never ever want to see in game..........

And all that when you buff stamina builds like crazy.... good job

Lets see, we now have the 15k+ spammable wrecking blows, and spammable surprise attack from stamina builds, and the most powerful stamina class in game the stam dk has been buffed, not only have you created elder stamina online, now though the best part is they can add a poison that can stop me healing the damage they are doing, OR make me run out of magicka 30% faster then i already do

These poison effects should be like 10% at max or at least halfed with battle spirit buff while in cyrodiil
    Edited by LizardThixvim on April 28, 2016 3:42PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add that I agree with those saying that it makes no sense for a poison to buff the attacking player. There is no connection between the target and the attacker; poisons should affect the target only.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Btw i have a question.

Do all/most of these "one shot with poison" calculations assume the following:
    That the current "atts in mag/sta to max and none to health" will continue as opposed to adapting?
    That the current meta of ALL DAMAGE focused ENCHANTS on jewelry will continue without anyone enchanting poison resistance glyphs?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Btw i have a question.

That the current "atts in mag/sta to max and none to health" will continue as opposed to adapting?
    That the current meta of ALL DAMAGE focused ENCHANTS on jewelry will continue without anyone enchanting poison resistance glyphs?

Poison resist glyphs will help against the poison damage but will it help against armor poisons or immovable poisons?
    Edited by HenryIvan on April 28, 2016 4:28PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HenryIvan wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Btw i have a question.

Poison resist glyphs will help against the poison damage but will it help against armor poisons or immovable poisons?

I dont know and being day 4 of the playtest, i doubt anyone can say for sure where it will fall out.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's especially funny that the debuffs last longer than shields do after the DB patch.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svalinn wrote: »
    Poisons are p2w. T

How can they be "P2W"? I mean... oils will be dropped by monsters all oer tamriel if i understood correctly..so even people wihtout the DB should be able to use them? THat should take away the "P2W" altogheter since eeryone should have acess DLC or not DLC... unless only DB players can use poison?

I used that p2w word not only for paying real money but ingame gold also. Can you imagine how expensive will they be on live server? You either have to spent a fortune on them or your time to farm. And guess what, they create huge gap in pvp between player A and player B, one having a stack of them, one not.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to consider is that poisons sold in the crown store looks a little odd. They are more than convenience and will lead to p2w shouts. You don't see glyphs being sold in the crown store. Or are they gonna be after the switch to selling potencies go live. Please don't let that happen!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    How can this be pay to win?
    You won't need the expansion to use poisoning. It is in the base patch
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moozzie wrote: »

Because there are poisons being sold in the crown store as well. right now they are basic poisons but once there more types can be added.

"If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

Because there are poisons being sold in the crown store as well. right now they are basic poisons but once there more types can be added.

As long as you can make better poisons yourself then there wouldn't be an issue. You can also buy food in the store.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As long as you can make better poisons yourself then there wouldn't be an issue. You can also buy food in the store.

The crown store poison deals nearly double the damage of the equivalent crafted poison as far as I have seen. Not sure if there is a stronger version you can craft but its not looking good atm...
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

The crown store poison deals nearly double the damage of the equivalent crafted poison as far as I have seen. Not sure if there is a stronger version you can craft but its not looking good atm...

They noted somewhere that poisons with multiple effects are behaving wrong and are way stronger then intended.

The food you can buy are not stronger then you can make. I think we should give ZOS the trust on this point that they won't make it p2w in the official release. Like they did not make food p2w