Item set feedback wanted!

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Iyas wrote: »
    Even if you block while you have a random absorb shield, youre getting full shieldbreaker dmg

https://youtu.be/6Ao1xmfFMFY

Its in live allready. If u got a shield and block, u loose stam and only the shield mitigates dmg.

There was never a reason to block while u have an active shield.....

Nothing new

There are plenty of reasons to block even if youre shielded, if you cant think of a reason why....then ask for help:)

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Shield Breaker is OP. It's just a new way to counter some shieldbuilds and it will take some time to manage this new situation. Of course some sorcs with 14k health and 45k magicka are crying about this set, but thats l2p.

In my opinion is the real problem, that you can wear Shield Breaker and Molag Kena at the same time. For example a Midarmor Bowsman does sustaindamage on shieldusers but can also achive easy burstdamage on everything else.
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Pls add Armor as 1 piece bonus to the Lord Warden Set to make it a bit more appealing.
    2 piece is fine :smiley:
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a bug with the Reactive Armor set. The 5-piece set effect procs when you call for your mount. This would give you 35% reduced damage while mounted.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • Miwerton
    Miwerton
    ✭✭✭
    And of course generic trash for 5 piece med armor setups, Assault and shieldbreaker (is niceish, though more suited for pvp than pve obviously) Tocix defiance and sheer venom, very low poison dam and who uses magicka scaled dam as a stam dps, or spams execute in a long boss fight. Shock master, who really uses excesive light attacks against bosses?.
    Essesnce thief, sort of good, but loses in the dps department. And still the LA, gives more usefull boosts in 5 pieces boosting spell damage all across the board. Leaves me wondering if ZOS truly care for diversity (oh wait, i know, they dont)
    Options
  • Nightwolfmenace
    Tested Shield Breaker set extensively and dont see too much of a problem with it. To those saying that Healing Ward cant outheal Shield Breaker set is false. Yes if your just standing there not doing anything thing but stacking shields it will be a problem. A Magicka NB can Healing Ward then Cloak immediately after and come out of with a big heal. Also.. EVERY Class has access to a very nifty ability known as Vampire Mist Form.. pop healing ward, pop vamp mist form and get a huge heal out of it. In every MMO there is always a counter to a playstyle and Shield Breaker is that counter to the shield stacking problem, but all it takes is a little improvising your play style a little.

P.S Shield Breaker 5 set proc does not OUT DPS a Ineveitable Detonation, Crystal Frag Proc, Velocious Curse Dawnbreaker combo for reference. And in most cases if you dont end up dead from that combo, you will force the light attacker to go on the defensive giving you some breathing room.
    Argonian Magicka NB v16 EP / Dark Elf Magicka DK v16 EP
    Wood Elf Stamina NB v16 AD / Imperial Stamina DK v16 DC
    Redguard Stamina Templar v16 EP / Breton Magicka Sorc v16 EP
    High Elf Magicka Templar v16 AD / Orc Stamina Sorc v1 DC
    Options
  • RammAss
    RammAss
    I took a serious look at all the new armor sets for a PvE stamina templar DD and not a single one worth using it. Really? I mean srly? Please do something.
    Options
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    Posting again to really state that the nobles conquest 5 piece is very underwhelming still. We get a 15% bonus already from champion point passives and for a 5 piece, this 5% damage bonus after interrupt is a joke compared to something everyone gets for free.
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
    Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB light/heavy version of shield breaker... medium/stamina doesnt even need shield breaking because it doesnt have to chew through harness magicka all the time

reactive armor is ridiculously far ahead of the other heavy sets when it comes to pvp... why are there no heavy armor sets that buff magicka or spell power, like storm knight or elf bane? the jolting set would be pretty good if it had spell power bonuses

we've got all these bashing sets now, how about a "bash expert" CP in the atronach constellation that buffs bash damage... consolidate heavy weapons and blade expert into one "melee expert"

some defense/sustain medium armor would be nice... seems like all the new medium 5pc bonuses are just weak dots
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 piece PHOENIX SET is still very buggy and ineffective in some common cases

~1/3rd of the time you are motionless for 20 seconds or so and then when you come out of this paralysis (where you appear dark like having taken an invisibility potion) you don't heal.

The heal is a good amount, but too slow for PvP. All someone has to do is spam attack abilities and three (or 20) seconds later you die as they hit you before the heal kicks in. If you are unlucky with an aoe tick, you die bofore the heal as well.

The first is a bug, so I have no suggestions for that.

The second issue is very easy to fix. Have the set heal occur WHILST you are stone (whilst still preventing all other heals ofc) so the set actually does save your ass as it is supposed to, even if you are standing in aoe or being wailed upon by something/someone.
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shield Breaker set is perfect as is. The 2.1k dmg with a shield up is perfect. It doesn't activate without a shield up.

This set adds so much more flavor to game play it must be implemented as is. It makes the defending player use their skill and brain to avoid extra dmg. Good choices are rewarded while bad choices, like spamming one shield skill for every defensive scenario, are punished.

The only tweak I would add would be to make it apply to only melee light attacks. This could be a bit OP on a bow.

Great work with this set. Shields are still great, but now there is an added layer of complexity to the game!!

YAY!

Duuk
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh yay, lots of people agree that the lack of jewelry in the new sets is ***.

Also, nerfing Arch-Mage is equally ***. Drive us away from more end game item set bonuses please. Have a good day, y'all. :)

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Shieldbreaker Set with its current value not affected by battlespirit is absolutely broken. You cant outheal lightattack spam.

Can you try to play the game instead of standing in one spot spamming 1 spell?? Heal or shield spam is bad play. I mean seriously all you need to do is stop trying to stand in one spot and live. The only way this 5 set procs is if you have a shield up. So DONT CAST A SHIELD if yer attacked by a Shield Breaker. A little variety in this game is precious!

Reward good play and punish bad play such as spamming a shield when faced with an set bonus that ONLY PROCS if you have a shield up..

L2P issues imo. Scared of diversity.

Duuk
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    Shieldbreaker Set with its current value not affected by battlespirit is absolutely broken. You cant outheal lightattack spam.

This, and Healing Ward is the only Heal a Mag NB has

Simply not true. Its the only OP heal/Shield most players use in the game. OMG 1 in 10 players will be able to make you slightly alter your game play! Oh noes!!

The variety this set bonus adds is the spice of life man. Rewards in this game are too easily one by one button spammers.

Duuk
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    What Derra said.
    Magicka Sorcs and NBs are usually using Healing Ward as their main healing ability, but with the delay it can not outheal this set. I tried to stack Rapid Regen + Degeneration and that was about 1.1k hps in Cyrodiil, with 33k magicka, 2.1k spell damage, and 30 CP in healing done and received respectively.
    I would be fine with the current value of the set if it would actually attack the shield, then it is a strong set against any damage shield, but my defense would still be working at least. Harness magicka would also be more than a damage booster for stamina builds.
    I can not simply start blocking or healing through the damage, and I don't see why I should die because someone slotted this set if I don't have a healer keeping me alive at all times.

So helpless.... Why so scared to try to actually play the game? OMG a glass cannon that needs a healer? How can this be fair???

Duuk
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Im all for counters to builds, but this isnt a counter, its an annulment. Its overpowered in its current form on pts.

Lets say you have 20k health. That is 10 light attacks in succession to kill you. That is plenty. That also does not take into account the fact that you should be healing, countering, avoiding etc. So now that 10 light attacks goes to 17 or 20 or more.how is that op?

Fixed it for you. To heal through that set you have to basicly slot 3-4 of the restoration staff skills and spam them, how can you fight back at the same time? You clearly dont play magicka build, we cant avoid or counter that set in any other way then healing(you cant outheal it). Dodging? Magicka builds cant dodge more then a couple times per minute if they want stamina to still be able to cc break. Block? this dmg goes through block, not to mention if a magicka sorc tries to block he will be out of stamina in a few seconds.

Ever hear of bolt escape? Shards stun? Snaring and kiting? LoS? You must be the worst player ever.

Ive tested this set. It simply punishes those too stupid not to choose correctly. IF you put up a shield you take a bit of extra dmg. It takes maybe 1.5 seconds to recognize you are facing a shield breaker. You adjust and the advantage is lost.

Now if you sit there and try to use the old style I WIN you cant kill me shield styles you.. will.. die!!!

YAY!
    Edited by Duukar on August 24, 2015 7:07PM
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revert the arch mage set back to 1.6 stats. The only descent set magicka users got increases magicka cost by one third, meanwhile the cost of every stamina ability in the game was reduced by one fifth! Now youre nerfing old magicka sustain gear! Really?

Buff highelf, no wait, unbuff highelf... so much indecision. You should have TERABYTES of data on player regen by now.
    Edited by Xeven on August 24, 2015 8:16PM
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Please change the 5Piece Bonus on Leeching Plate.

Right now it summons the Poisen Cloud UNDER the attacker wich is good in Static fights only(pve).

Change it so that the poisencloud surrounds the attacker and moves with him. this will make the set more viable in pvp.

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »

Can you try to play the game instead of standing in one spot spamming 1 spell?? Heal or shield spam is bad play. I mean seriously all you need to do is stop trying to stand in one spot and live. The only way this 5 set procs is if you have a shield up. So DONT CAST A SHIELD if yer attacked by a Shield Breaker. A little variety in this game is precious!

Reward good play and punish bad play such as spamming a shield when faced with an set bonus that ONLY PROCS if you have a shield up..

Duuk

Such an awesome idea, just don't use your defensive skills, they will kill you now! And the well thought out alternative is to LOS = run away. I thought people don't like when Sorcs run away? >_>
    ToRelax wrote: »
    What Derra said.
    Magicka Sorcs and NBs are usually using Healing Ward as their main healing ability, but with the delay it can not outheal this set. I tried to stack Rapid Regen + Degeneration and that was about 1.1k hps in Cyrodiil, with 33k magicka, 2.1k spell damage, and 30 CP in healing done and received respectively.
    I would be fine with the current value of the set if it would actually attack the shield, then it is a strong set against any damage shield, but my defense would still be working at least. Harness magicka would also be more than a damage booster for stamina builds.
    I can not simply start blocking or healing through the damage, and I don't see why I should die because someone slotted this set if I don't have a healer keeping me alive at all times.

So helpless.... Why so scared to try to actually play the game? OMG a glass cannon that needs a healer? How can this be fair???

Duuk

So all magicka Sorcs who don't spam Grand Healing are glas cannons? Very interesting.
    Im all for counters to builds, but this isnt a counter, its an annulment. Its overpowered in its current form on pts.

Lets say you have 20k health. That is 10 light attacks in succession to kill you. That is plenty. That also does not take into account the fact that you should be healing, countering, avoiding etc. So now that 10 light attacks goes to 17 or 20 or more.how is that op?

Fixed it for you. To heal through that set you have to basicly slot 3-4 of the restoration staff skills and spam them, how can you fight back at the same time? You clearly dont play magicka build, we cant avoid or counter that set in any other way then healing(you cant outheal it). Dodging? Magicka builds cant dodge more then a couple times per minute if they want stamina to still be able to cc break. Block? this dmg goes through block, not to mention if a magicka sorc tries to block he will be out of stamina in a few seconds.

Ever hear of bolt escape? Shards stun? Snaring and kiting? LoS? You must be the worst player ever.

Ive tested this set. It simply punishes those too stupid not to choose correctly. IF you put up a shield you take a bit of extra dmg. It takes maybe 1.5 seconds to recognize you are facing a shield breaker. You adjust and the advantage is lost.

Now if you sit there and try to use the old style I WIN you cant kill me shield styles you.. will.. die!!!

YAY!

You know, when people don't know what they are talking about, they also don't know that they don't have a clue. The quoted player is actually one of the few really skilled Sorcs who are left after 1.6.
    Can you please tell me now how to fight a DK with a bow, reflective scales, rapid maneuver, shieldbreaker and lethal arrow?
    Just curious...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax,

LOS isn't running away. It's circle strafing through your enemy. Using terrain. Bolt escape is offensive/defensive. All you have to do is not cast a shield to completely negate this set.

The DK issue with reflective scales is an problem. Which is why I've gone on record here several times saying this should be a melee light attack only set bonus.

Almost all Sorcs right now are nearly unkillable glass canon burst machines. With incredible mobility huge burst and survivability they are top tier pvp. See Sypher and King Richard sorc builds for proof.

Be real here bro. You will adapt. There is already a built in counter. We are talking light attack spam here. Be creative and work around it.

Above all stop crying on here!!

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax,

LOS isn't running away. It's circle strafing through your enemy. Using terrain. Bolt escape is offensive/defensive. All you have to do is not cast a shield to completely negate this set.

The DK issue with reflective scales is an problem. Which is why I've gone on record here several times saying this should be a melee light attack only set bonus.

Almost all Sorcs right now are nearly unkillable glass canon burst machines. With incredible mobility huge burst and survivability they are top tier pvp. See Sypher and King Richard sorc builds for proof.

Be real here bro. You will adapt. There is already a built in counter. We are talking light attack spam here. Be creative and work around it.

Above all stop crying on here!!

I already created a build to work around it. I can also agree that the set is no overpowered for melee attacks. That being said, I never heard of a build relying on normal attacks that worked with a melee weapon, so it surprises me anyone would even try to make use of this set that way.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Right now it summons the Poisen Cloud UNDER the attacker wich is good in Static fights only(pve).

Change it so that the poisencloud surrounds the attacker and moves with him. this will make the set more viable in pvp.

I love the leeching plate, but indeed it is a weakness in PVP.
    Considering this, I would advocate in a boost in the size of the poison cloud rather, making a more interesting play and counter play (contrary to OP).

@actosh proposal is too vulnerable to cleanse effects and do not take advantage of clusters of attackers, like when they are 3 or more on your back.

Plz keep the concept as it is since it is the ONLY set for heavy armor 1vXers. The only offensive/defensive set for Tank PVPers and Heavy Armor Meleers and/or soloers.

Such a clever and beautiful concept should not die in mundanity. For OP tweak figures up if you want... but bigger AOE size would make everyone happy.

(Sorry double post, this one is the bad one, but cannot find how to delete)
    Edited by EnOeZ on August 25, 2015 1:31PM
    Options
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert

I love the leeching plate, but indeed it is a weakness in PVP.
    Considering this, I would advocate in a boost in the size of the poison cloud rather, making a more interesting play and counter play (contrary to OP).

@actosh proposal is too vulnerable to cleanse effects and do not take advantage of clusters of attackers, like when they are 3 or more on your back. Cleanse NEGATES all dots the Heavy Armor stamina DK has already and we desperately need way to DPS in Heavy Armor Stamina.

Plz keep the concept as it is since it is the ONLY set for heavy armor 1vXers. The only offensive/defensive set for Tank PVPers and Heavy Armor Meleers and/or soloers.

Such a clever and beautiful concept should not die in mundanity. For OP tweak figures up if you want... but bigger AOE size would make everyone happy.

Options
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    Small suggestion

Make sets like cyrodils ward and ravager only available through AP purchases and make the legendary items from the end of campaign rewards mail everything else (masters weapons, SO sets)

That way, people will be more likely to get what they are looking for from the rewards mail, and if people want the vendor sold sets, they can use AP to buy them (AP is underutilized anyways)

Two birds with one stone, win win for everyone.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iggybot wrote: »
    Small suggestion

Make sets like cyrodils ward and ravager only available through AP purchases and make the legendary items from the end of campaign rewards mail everything else (masters weapons, SO sets)

That way, people will be more likely to get what they are looking for from the rewards mail, and if people want the vendor sold sets, they can use AP to buy them (AP is underutilized anyways)

I would like to see more than trash show up in my rewards for the worthy. O just 1 v x some people. Thanks for my sash of magika or whatever. Give me even a small small chance to get a ravaged pc or shadow walker.
    Options
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    Small suggestion

I would like to see more than trash show up in my rewards for the worthy. O just 1 v x some people. Thanks for my sash of magika or whatever. Give me even a small small chance to get a ravaged pc or shadow walker.

That is exactly what's happening in 2.1.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small suggestion

That is exactly what's happening in 2.1.

i thought i read something like that in patch notes. just have not seen anything in game.
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭

Duuk

That is absolutley wrong, more a personal motivated Statement with Arrogant Behaviour.

I explain you why.

Situation with an Enemy that uses Shieldbreaker Set:

Sorcerer runs without a Shield through IC, a NB (insert other Class) ambushs him and he can do following Options.

1. Port away, NB gabclosed him and kills him because he lost many Hitpoints after the Ambush.

2. Stand and Fight, bad Idea, through the Ambush he has lost (maybe 50%+) from his Hitpoints, he never win this Fight.

3. He tries to heal himself with a Restorationstaff Skill (No Bubble)), forget it, they are too weak.

4. He cast a Shield, the Shieldbreaker Set will kill him.

At the End, if you ambush a Sorcerer and he isnt Dumbldore, the Sorcerer will die. Sounds good? No i dont think so, because every Class can counter an Ambush, except the Sorcerer with 1.7.

I explain why.

NB, uses Stealth to get away.

DK, uses Greendragonblood, with the right Skills you can push it very high.

Templar, uses Burstheals.

All These Classes have a good chance to survive an Ambush, but a Sorcerer will be Deadmeat, i explained why. And your Story about one Skill Spam, nice Try. Every Class uses more then one Skill, you should stop this simple Thinking.

At the End, yes Shieldstacking should be removed but if you cant handle a Sorcerer that uses only his own Class-Shield, then you should learn to adapt this. The Sorcerer and his own Shields is fine, Shieldstacking isnt fine. Shieldbreaker Set isnt fine.

The Sorcerer cant go into the Stealth, cant heal strong enough like a DK or Templar, he cant get away from the Gapclosers and he cant uses his own Defensiv Shields. This Set destroys the only realistic Option to Counter an Ambush.

So, if the PvPer from the other Classes really like Challenges, they shouldnt be motivated for using such Sets. It isnt a Challenge anymore to kill a Sorcerer after 1.7, and every Person who supports this Set dont like a challenging PvP, they only want an easy Gameplay.
    Edited by Murmeltier on August 26, 2015 9:55AM
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....error...
    Edited by Murmeltier on August 26, 2015 9:49AM
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murmeltier wrote: »
    Murmeltier wrote: »

Duuk

That is absolutley wrong, more a personal motivated Statement with Arrogant Behaviour.

I explain you why.

Situation: Sorcerer runs without a Shield through IC, a NB (insert other Class) ambushs him and he can do following Options.

1. Port away, NB gabclosed him and kills him because he lost many Hitpoints after the Ambush.

2. Stand and Fight, bad Idea, through the Ambush he has lost (maybe 50%+) from his Hitpoints, he never win this Fight.

3. He tries to heal himself with a Restorationstaff Skill (No Bubble)), forget it, they are too weak.

4. He cast a Shield, the Shieldbreaker Set will kill him.

At the End, if you ambush a Sorcerer and he isnt Dumbldore, the Sorcerer will die. Sounds good? No i dont think so, because every Class can counter an Ambush, except the Sorcerer with 1.7.

I explain why.

NB, uses Stealth to get away.

DK, uses Greendragonblood, with the right Skills you can push it very high.

Templar, uses Burstheals.

All These Classes have a good chance to survive an Ambush, but a Sorcerer will be Deadmeat, i explained why. And your Story about one Skill Spam, nice Try. Every Class uses more then one Skill, you should stop this simple Thinking.

At the End, yes Shieldstacking should be removed but if you cant handle a Sorcerer that uses only his own Class-Shield, then you should learn to adapt this. The Sorcerer and his own Shields is fine, Shieldstacking isnt fine. Shieldbreaker Set isnt fine.

The Sorcerer cant go into the Stealth, cant heal strong enough like a DK or Templar, he cant get away from the Gapclosers and he cant uses his own Defensiv Shields. This Set destroys the only realistic Option to Counter an Ambush.

So, if the PvPer from the other Classes really like Challenges, they shouldnt be motivated for using such Sets. It isnt a Challene anymore to kill a Sorcerer after 1.7, and every Person who supports this Set dont like a challenging PvP, they only want an easy Gameplay vs Sorcerers / Shieldusers.

...and i play a Templar - Healer as a Main, but i like the Sorcerer Class too.
    Edited by Murmeltier on August 26, 2015 9:45AM
    Options