Maintenance for the week of June 3:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Item set feedback wanted!

• actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all bad if none of them have jewelry components. Period. These effects are too gimmicky and niche to compete with solid craftable sets with their chosen traits if they do not occupy jewelry slots to leave armor and weapons open for other sets.

Sign.
    Options
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree there either needs to be jewellery attached to these sets or we need to be enabled to craft jewellery with our existing sets. I think a lot of the new sets have cool effects, but they are too situational to ditch a 5/5 bonus from an all-rounder like Hunding's Rage.
    Options
  • Arjun
    Arjun
    Soul Shriven
    Hi ZOS,

Been testing some and this is what I think about the Molag Kena set. Its an amazing set and looks wicked. I understand there has to be some 'downside' against a powerful set/item, but what really kills the flow of the fight ( dps wise as well as the combat action ) is the 3 CONSECUTIVE light attacks you have to do to activate it. The 50% increase cost of abilities is a huge downside already, don't make it even worse with the 3 annoying CONSECUTIVE Light Attacks. Just remove the Consecutive thing and just make it activate after 3 Light attacks so people can at least weave the light attacks in between their skill rotations. This would be so much more usable and less stressful. I really hope you guys will consider this, because that would take away a lot of annoyance and resistance to use the set.

Thank you for listening,

Arjun
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone knows if one can buy Sheer venom set with TV, or is it just drops/farm for it? :(
    EU | PC
    Options
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some sets do need jewelry added, its a must.

The 3 pieces bonus of Essence thief should be weapon crit instead of stamina.

The 5 pieces bonus of Essence thief should self apply, remove the rune thingy.

I intend to build a pew pew crit Bow/DW build with:

- 5/5 Essence thief
    - 2/2 Molag Kena
    - 3/5 Shadow walker jewelry
    - Master Bow / Master Daggers.

Main span abilities Poison Injection+weave ligth attacks.

The change to the Bow pasive "Hasty Retreat" is bad.
    Edited by R0M2K on August 17, 2015 7:43AM
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE REACTIVE ARMOR SET:
    • (2 items) Adds Max Stamina
    • (3 items) Adds Stamina Recovery
    • (4 items) Adds Max Health
    • (5 items) Reactive Armor. While affected by Stun, Immobilise, Fear, Knockdown, or Disorient effects, damage you take is reduced by 35%

MY COMPLIMENTS @ZOS !!!
    I think adding this Armor set is conceptual a stroke of genius to balance PVP :-)
    It will prevent mindless PERMA Spamming of CC's :-)
    also against adds that used to perma block...
    and balances therefore very well with reducing mindless PERMA Blocking in PVP.
    The 35% is quite ok..,
    Do consider that IF Block is up, it mitigates typical 70% or better with S&B.
    Edited by hrothbern on August 17, 2015 12:21PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    THE REACTIVE ARMOR SET:
    • (5 items) Reactive Armor. While affected by Stun, Immobilise, Fear, Knockdown, or Disorient effects, damage you take is reduced by 35%

MY COMPLIMENTS @ZOS !!!
    I think adding this Armor set is conceptual a stroke of genius to balance PVP :-)
    The 35% is quite ok..,

That's the set that's broken right now >.>
    70% mitigation + mist form + dmg nerf aka battle spirit means you're practically unkillable without a zerg =/
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    hrothbern wrote: »
    THE REACTIVE ARMOR SET:

MY COMPLIMENTS @ZOS !!!
    The 35% is quite ok..,

That's the set that's broken right now >.>
    70% mitigation + mist form + dmg nerf aka battle spirit means you're practically unkillable without a zerg =/

I cannot test including mist form myself, but yes, the game mechanics is broken currently regarding "adding up" various mitigations in the wrong way...
    But I am sure that ZOS will recttify this....... AND I am afraid that ZOS will be slow in this... causing frustrations...

.... and that is why I gave ZOS a compliment about the conceptual quality of this armor set !!!

It should not and cannot be that lousy implementation issues kill the beauty of the game that we have and is being developed together with us.

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Phoenix is a bit more reliable now after v2.1.1 as in v2.1 it did not work correctly half the time. HOWEVER, the phoenix form heal and explosion are extremely weak and should in my opinion have at least a 2x buff to its damage and heal to even be worth wanting to spend your tel var stones on it.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So far- I really like the sets... However, as you know, dual wielding helps give magicka users the same "extra piece" bonus as stam builds. The problem is that heavy attacks with dual wielded weapons only restore stamina. Can you make a passive or something so that heavy attacks could restore magicka? Maybe have it based off the higher pool? Perhaps a simple toggled passive in the DW skill line?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    Please make alliance faction armors a motif. This would be really awesome.
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
    Options
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakeol wrote: »
    Please make alliance faction armors a motif. This would be really awesome.

I agree. I expected it to be a motif that you could by for tons of AP, maybe even a pvp rank requirement, to offer some rewards besides the assault/support skill lines.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please scale world drop sets to VR16. All of these sets come in blue or green and have been the staple of many players. While the new sets are nice they are no greater than the old drop sets accept for the level of the gear. In many cases players choose a combination of 5 piece world drop and 5 piece crafted. Leaving either a 2 piece set or a master staff of some kind to fill the last slot. Please include this in game for the new content and post a confirmation of the sets in the NOTES.

Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the new gear sets are quite interesting and will bring new flavor to the game but the composition of the sets in terms of min/maxing the set item bonuses isn't as attractive as some of current possibilities with the already existing gear sets..

For example:

1.7 Spec
    - 2 piece monster set
    - 5 piece armor set
    - 3 piece jewelry set
    - 1/2 masters weapons

This composition gives 7 'minor' item bonuses + 2 'major' bonuses (or 6 and 3 depending on how you count masters weapons)

1.x Spec
    - 2 piece monster set
    - 5 piece crafted set (dual weapon + 3 armor)
    - 5 piece armor set (3 jewelry + 2 armor)

This composition gives 7 'minor' item bonuses + 3 'major' bonuses

Granted the current v14 sets that provide combination armor and 3 piece jewelry are limited to Warlocks, Healers Habit, Shadow Walker, Ravagers & Footmans - but these can all be considered core sets for common builds.

With this in mind, when theory crafting my builds for 1.7 I'm finding it really difficult to justify the sacrifice of a major item bonus just to use one of the new sets, particularly when Shadow Walker, Ravagers and Footmans will presumably scale to v16 in PVP reward drops. When you look at it like this, it also becomes clear that 1.x Spec tank and stamina dps builds will have an overall advantage over other class/build types in 1.7 even when taking the future gear adjustments in to account.

From the perspective of someone who likes to optimize their gear setup, the inconsistencies in the available items for each set actively discourages build diversity and channels players in to specific cookie cutter type builds.. I think this is ultimately counter productive to the ethos of the ESO play your way experience..

TLDR;
    - more jewelry pls
    Edited by SkylarkAU on August 18, 2015 3:53PM
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the post sounds all nice and dandy but you are only listing the vr14 sets with jewelry, There are dozens of other sets that have fallen off because ZOS has chosen to ignore them. Frankly I am kind of at the point that if they are not upgrading all the sets and continue to pigeon hole players into the new sets I think the "Play as you want" philosophy has become an unpracticed ideology, frankly my money would be better spent elsewhere. I am not impressed with the new content in fact its simply a night blade playground with anchors to force the other classes to partake simply because they need the stones. It's systemic of band aid fixes instead of addressing the core issues. I am not afraid of change in fact there are several positive aspects but overall its simply not making the grade.

Edited by Anazasi on August 18, 2015 9:48PM
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB vr16 soul shine. Or amulet for cyrodil's light.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Damn I wanna see the Templars with 5 Cyrodiil's Light + 5 Reactive Armor. :grimace:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You overdid the buff to shieldbreaker set, it hits for 2150 and those light attacks can be spammed pretty fast. 2150 is quite high dmg considering a hard hitting spell is around 5k dmg. Spam 4 light attacks and youve nearly taken down half of the average magicka builds healthpool, tested it today.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question:

If a player doesn't buy the DLC, will that player still be able to get Molag Kena or Lord Warden shoulders from the undaunted chests? I know the helmet is going to be DLC only, but is the RNG list going to "block out" those two sets because they don't have the DLC?
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx @ZOS_RichLambert to listen for feedback and making this set(lord warden) better.
    One thing u should consider is give the 1 piece bonus also Armor and not just on the 2nd Bonus.

U did it for Molag Kena, so pls do it here as well. Thx
    :smile:
    Edited by actosh on August 19, 2015 8:32AM
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

I think the issue with soul shine is the increase spell power stat is no longer a valid stat or not working as intended. I would suggest changing it to spell crit or damage and adding it back into the game as a VR15 and VR16 set.
    Edited by Anazasi on August 19, 2015 1:50PM
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls take a look at my proposed change to the Archmage set that the itemization team destroyed (the 5 set bonus)
    This set is pretty hard to aquire and should atleast be viable for alot of builds, right now the 5 set bonus on pts is laughable.

Thank you: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/209070/arch-mage-set-for-1-7#latest

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain. I've been trying to get them to look at Stygian and update it since 1.6 in March turned it into a silly set.

But I'm afraid it's just like that scene in Army of Darkness where Henry tells Ash: "I dunna think he'll listen lad."
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain. I've been trying to get them to look at Stygian and update it since 1.6 in March turned it into a silly set.

But I'm afraid it's just like that scene in Army of Darkness where Henry tells Ash: "I dunna think he'll listen lad."

Sadly I think you are right, but gotta try. I do wish they would listen.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker Set with its current value not affected by battlespirit is absolutely broken. You cant outheal lightattack spam.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • Endenium
    Endenium
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know that I trust Zenimax to care about my feedback. Sorry. Raising Vet Rank, nerfing stamina, and not scaling item sets - thats all still happening right? Even though 90% of players HATE it? OK. Then I wont bother wasting my time.
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate it, I like the new set's ^^
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Shieldbreaker Set with its current value not affected by battlespirit is absolutely broken. You cant outheal lightattack spam.

This, and Healing Ward is the only Heal a Mag NB has
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

If it was effected by it then it'd be its old damage value, which was worthless.

You'll have to stack some health and use other defensive measures instead of just relying on Shields.

Options