The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Item set feedback wanted!

• Jakeol
    Jakeol
    ✭✭✭
    Can the nobles conquest get the 5% increased damage when interrupting a target to 7, 8, or even 10% (10% would be pushing it), in addition to a slight duration increase? As it stands right now there is less to bash than on live (on live you would have players resurrecting each other, players casting proximity detonation, or players hard casting crystal frags, plus the odd spell here and there, but these listed are the most common). Since most people just die and immediately respawn in the districts there aren't many people resurrecting, proximity detonation is now instant cast, and any sorcs hard casting frags in melee range is going to die anyway ;) I feel for a 5 piece bonus it feels underwhelming for something so situational.

Powerful Assault Love it, good group utility set for a stam user that may be using vigor, rapids, etc for their group anyway. Did test with a friend to confirm that the buff does not stack if multiple wearers of this set cast an assault ability. Maybe increase the number of affected targets to 5? Can we get weapon options for this set in addition to the 7 armor pieces?

Shield Breaker Initial concept is great, tested on current pts, felt underwhelming against shield spamming, might change when shields can be crit. Can we get weapon options for this set in addition to the 7 armor pieces?
    Jaqqe'nova - EP v14 Nord NB
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Spell Power Cure 5-set bonus: Healing an ally at 100% health grants them 219 increased spell power for 3 seconds.
    Does this bonus apply to the caster as well? Im ubable to test this for myself but Im really curious.

If it does apply to the caster, this set could be really good combined for sorcs with Surge or magicka NBs with Funnel Health or Sap. Because it has no cooldown the bonus could be almost permanent if your build is right.

The Scathing Mage 5-set bonus: 10% chance when causing crit damage to increase your spell damage by 438 for 6 seconds.
    This set also looks promising, with around 40-50% spell crit there's bound to be a proc every 6 seconds which would allow for a permanent spell damage boost of 438 with white quality v14 gear.

If this scales up the boost must be huge if you have gold v16 gear. Does anyone know if the spell damage boost of this set scales up with the quality?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi I am @AyeMagpie. Played since launch. Mainly PvP.

Added some feedback to the items I thought could do with some attention. Some of the sets are mediocre at best but they all seem to serve a purpose - which is nice for the vast and brilliant builds out there :) Thanks for the opportunity!

I would like to see some of the 4 piece bonuses doing something cool, but by and by:

I think the Pheonix Set and the Powerful Assault Set are good for bombgroups, you won't see these much in solo play I'm afraid. If that's what you were going for, why not buff them slightly as 4 targets isn't enough. If it's not what you were going for, then change them to do similar effects, only stronger, perhaps just to yourself.

Shield Breaker Set
    I really love sets like this! More misc sets like this, please. I would like to see another misc buff here for the 5 piece but not in the damage as that is already high enough.

Nobles Conquest Set
    Another nice misc set BUT this set only SOUNDS good. In honest it will be picked up by (forgive the condescension) 'less skilled' players thinking it is really good because how often do we really interrupt someone except for those rare PvE encounters?

OK the misc bonus is decent but you could make this set work by buffing it. For instance swap out the health/stamina/healing taken for less sucky bonuses. Or be completely bizarre and change the 'healing taken' to 12% lol or update it from 'interrupting a target..' to 'interrupting a target or hitting a target with 5 consecutive..' just like Overkill etc. watch the last bit as you could unbalance the game if it is too OP.

Set of the Armor master
    Health/Armor/Spell Resistance.
    These 3 bonuses don't give enough to make this a great set. Again 5 piece is great though!
    The armor and spell resistance on most sets isn't enough imo. I'm sure any PvPer would take spell dmg or wep dmg over any of these bonuses. It's tricky though, because some classes can be quite tanky as is. Anyhow, I digress. :)

Molag Kena Monster Mask Set
    Really creative yet efficient and balanced set. Love it. Love it.

Combat Physician Set
    I would lower the cooldown a second or two to make this a valid set. This way other classes get a chance at using damage shields if that is their thing. While we are being bonkers maybe allow it to purposely stack twice. :) One or the other though! Doing both of those things would be insanely OP! :)

Essence Thief Set
    I am glad the 2, 3 and 4 bonuses are balanced here. If you put x2 weapon damage on a set its basically use that set or gtfo. :)

Leeching Plate Set
    I don't know what you were going for here. I think this is a very niche set and needs looking at. :)

Overwhelming Surge Set
    This and Martial Knowledge will be the main 4 piece DPS sets with it having x2 Spell Damage.
    How about having some 'when in combat' sets? Rather than struggling for e.g. When doing x3 light attack. When doing x1 class ability etc. They could be overpowered. Wouldn't do it on this particular set.

Scathing Mage Set
    I don't think this will be as powerful as the above set or martial knowledge set unless one of the spell criticals is changed to spell damage. Or the increased spell damage is slightly increased.
    Can we get some penetration sets btw? I said it before but tanks are quite stronk now :)

Overall some very nice sets I love the misc. bonuses but I would like to see 4 piece misc bonuses as well. And maybe the occasional 3 piece. People like to build differently and its nice to encourage that.
    Sets I haven't commented on look generally OK but I will likely give the rest a look later. It is good that you don't use recovery sets as champion points pretty much have everyones recovery sorted. Just one or two more summarising thoughts:

HEALING TAKEN
    I notice you are placing this on your tanky sets but let me say 4% is nothing. You would gain 4% reduced damage through just having a 1 piece armour, 1 piece spell resist or 1 piece health. 4% is too low. Needs to be 6-11% and I think these sets will be valid.

Player council?
    Thank you for reading! I would also like to take this opportunity to ask a favour: For balance can you keep a large council of real players? Not just guilds and bignames, a vast, vast council with PvPers and honest folk which will give real feedback? Guys (and gals) with 70+ days played on their account are a good start. :)
    Edited by briandivisionb16_ESO on August 7, 2015 3:04PM
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
    Options
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I separate these two from the above because firstly as a NB stamina build I wasn't sure if I am biased. And secondly I know they aren't to do with the armour sets but its more of a followup to my rather lenghtly feedback post above. :)

Damage Shields. Damage nerf.
    Every class has access to one - but where is our stamina shield? Have you considered this?
    Everyone who is crying nerf for these is because they aren't the ones using them.

I think fights are slower with the damage nerf. Escapability has been looked at, how about survivability?
    Sorry I know this bit is ambiguous. Bear with it: Work it so the guys not using shields (defensive) have more damage. And the guys using shields have less damage / more survivability. In line with the holy trinity tank/healer/dps. That's as far as my feedback extends here, I know what I mean but can't think of a solution..

1.) You fix lag.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
    Options
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    HEALING TAKEN
    I notice you are placing this on your tanky sets but let me say 4% is nothing. You would gain 4% reduced damage through just having a 1 piece armour, 1 piece spell resist or 1 piece health. 4% is too low. Needs to be 6-11% and I think these sets will be valid.

Let me clarify. 4% healing taken is nothing COMPARED to the other possible bonuses from sets out there. It is one of the worst. Is a very cool bonus just needs more % to be viable ;)

1.) You fix lag.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rarely do I even consider a dropped set without jewelry, these are no exception.
    Staffs need to be nirnhoned or you just wasted a set, thus so far, everyone uses crafted staffs or master weapons.
    There is just no point in using a set that might give a slight benefit when you decrease the number of useable set bonuses at the same time.

That being said, the Phoenix set has to be more reliable. I get killed more often than not when it procs. Either because an attack hit the moment the effect ends (and sometimes actually heals me...), but there is Healing Ward to prevent that when possible. But often, i get hit with different abilities while I should be invulnerable, and die instantly.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tormentor Set - The Tormentor set is essentially a light armor tanking set.
    • 2 Max health
    • 3 4% healing taken
    • 44% healing taken
    • 5 Causing damage with a charge ability applies Taunt and increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 3091 for 5 seconds.

I'm not sure this set is sustainable as a tank set given the fact that light armor provides no sustainability for blocking, and blocking now halts stamina regen. One could theoretical tank through damage shields though, provided the overflow problem on shields was fixed. But then damage shields don't have mitigation so all the defense from the set would be lost under the shield, but you would get a free taunt though. Also, tying this to a charge skill is kind of awkward for tanking. You can't charge at point blank range, and charging anything out of range redistributes your nice clump of mobs and may change the healers optimal positioning for being in range of the tank and the dps.

Armor of Truth
    • 2 - Weapon Critical
    • 3 - Max Stamina
    • 4 - Weapon Damage
    • 5 - 12% more damage against stunned or Off-Balance Targets.

Given the change to DK's power lash (+25% damage on off balance targets)this could be a very powerful set for the DK but it's heavy armor. Medium armor would be better but power lash is a magicka skill not stamina. I am completely being selfish as I know other class are in mind but I just thought I'd share that. We want it but it just doesn't quite fit us, and I know you need a heavy armor slot there.

Overwhelming Robe
    • 2 - Max Magicka
    • 3 - Spell Damage
    • 4 - Spell Damage
    • 5 - 8% Chance when activating a class ability to surround yourself with a torrent that strikes out at a nearby enemy, dealing 730 shock damage every second for 6 seconds.

The mechanic suggests an AOE, however the wordage in the tool tip suggests it is single target "a nearby enemy". This looks very good and more desirable IMO than the current 5 piece dps bonuses for light armor, mainly because it's not so build divisive. It's straight forward with no way to miss out on the 5 piece bonus. I'd like to see the range of this strike be long enough to keep one out of harms way but short enough not to aggro a boss by prebuffing before the fight. Torrent should also not break stealth for a prebuff.

Alessian Robe
    • 2 - Stamina Recovery
    • 3 - Healing Taken
    • 4- Maximum health
    • 5 - Immunity duration after using break free increased by 3 seconds

I like what you're doing here. You recognize that light armor has nothing for stamina or CC management in PvP so you made a set for us. I am confused by the 3rd and 4th set bonuses though. On 3 and 4 you seem to switch directions and try to put some tank aspects in. I can't quite see what you are doing here. I think magicka regen and spell power would be better as a set fulfilling the concept of merging a magicka build with stamina sustainability in PvP.

Sheer Venom
    • Causing damage with an execute ability infects the target with a poison dot
    Toxic Defiance
    • Causing damage with a magicka ability causes your poison attacks to deal additional damage.

Both of these sets are light armor sets that buff physical damage and are reliant on highly class specific skills to trigger. They are essentially the same same set. I feel like one of these could be replaced with something else for light armor. Perhaps you can replace one of these with the noble truth set as magicka? (selfish again :( ). At any rate I think this group of light armor sets are highly redundant and unnecessarily divisive. I think we could see one of these go and have it replaced by something more universal.
    Edited by Armitas on August 7, 2015 7:43PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Stanko
    Stanko
    ✭✭✭
    Look forward to trying the Phoenix set.
    Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you guys noticed the TV gear sucks...
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Removed, outdated info.
    Edited by Armitas on August 7, 2015 9:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Powerful Assault set
    We do not need more "burst damage" enabling sets like these. Better you balance things instead of introducing such another +weapon/spell dmg goodie set...
    The 50% cost increase is a joke for some classes that have enough magicka / regen. Gankers will thank you even more!

Why do you introduce things as 50% damage decrease, while at the same time introducing such sets.. this is not acceptable.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »

Just wanted to put an internal link to the sets here for reference. click link quoted above for item set reference

So everyone is aware those pictures were gotten by datamining item IDs, so they are not the right armor type or trait.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Just wanted to put an internal link to the sets here for reference. click link quoted above for item set reference

So everyone is aware those pictures were gotten by datamining item IDs, so they are not the right armor type or trait.

If that site isn't right it's better that I remove the post entirely. Is there a correct index of gear out there?
    Edited by Armitas on August 7, 2015 9:16PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Random question, which 3 of these are the crafted ones?
    @CP5

Armor Master
    Noble’s Conquest
    Redistributor

I can save you some trouble, the only one of those that has any potential at all is Armor Master.

Was worried that was the case, thank you for that.
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    So you guys noticed the TV gear sucks...

I'm trying to find any new gear to be excited about....especially since there are apparently no accompanying jewelry or weapons for any of them. Trying to get any synergies going with old or crafted gear will be really hard. At this point I have no idea why I would want to amass a horde of tel var stones. And now apparently the special vaults that open after you save up so many trophy's just give you the 3 piece jewelry sets which I can't seem to find any info on...hope they are awesome.

And we need all the burst enabling gear that we can get at this point sadly if the current pvp damage reduction numbers hold. After spending some more time on the pts and watching the last week of streams I can only compare combat now to watching two geriatric assisted living inhabitants smack each other with nerf canes from their wheel chairs in the hopes of stealing each others Tel Var jello cups.

Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    One piece of feedback I can give already is that you guys need to spot making hybrid sets that suck for hybrid stam/magicka builds. Because many skills scale off the greater of stam/magicka or spell power/weapon power, if you have a set that gives you both +magicka and +stamina, at least one of those bonuses won't contribute in any way to your DPS output. It doesn't make it a good set for hybrid builds - it just makes it a bad set, period. Can we get sets that actually benefit hybrid stam/magicka builds? Like a warlocks-style set that floods both magicka and stam 15%?
    Options
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody take screenshots of some of the sets and post them here. I'm still waiting on a piece to finish my new PC but I'm very anxious to see some of these new pieces now. Please and thanks ;P
    Options
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody take screenshots of some of the sets and post them here. I'm still waiting on a piece to finish my new PC but I'm very anxious to see some of these new pieces now. Please and thanks ;P
    Options
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not related to these existing sets, but would love to see a 5pc jewelry (3 jewelry, 2 armor) set that reduces break free cost. Way of the Arena just doesn't come close to competing with a "main" craftable armor set but this could be an attractive option to compete with jewelry sets where many players stack spell/weapon power bonuses.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Any chance we can have prismatic enchants added to the templates for testing?
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, I believe the Leeching Plate set bonus will get a double nerf from battle spirit as the heals are based off damage done.
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, I believe the Leeching Plate set bonus will get a double nerf from battle spirit as the heals are based off damage done.

Could it mean, that every procs and skills with that mechanic get double nerfed?
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

Could it mean, that every procs and skills with that mechanic get double nerfed?

Yes, there have already been threads about the double nerf on abilities and ZOS said they are fixing it. I'm not sure if they are only fixing the abilities or if their fix will include the sets to. I thought I better mention it just in case.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »
    Maybe not related to these existing sets, but would love to see a 5pc jewelry (3 jewelry, 2 armor) set that reduces break free cost. Way of the Arena just doesn't come close to competing with a "main" craftable armor set but this could be an attractive option to compete with jewelry sets where many players stack spell/weapon power bonuses.

Quite honestly, Arena is pretty good. It's rather like nothing would come close to that set if it also had popular 2-4 pc bonuses.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tormentor Set - The Tormentor set is essentially a light armor tanking set.
    • 2 Max health
    • 3 4% healing taken
    • 4 4% healing taken
    • 5 Causing damage with a charge ability applies Taunt and increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 3091 for 5 seconds.

I'm not sure this set is sustainable as a tank set given the fact that light armor provides no sustainability for blocking, and blocking now halts stamina regen.
    This set is exclusively effective on Magicka Nightblade Sap-tank.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback: 12/15 mats for VR15 crafted item and 120/150 for VR16? Any particular reason for it?

/cuckoo
    :confused:
    Edited by F7sus4 on August 8, 2015 12:40PM
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Feedback: 12/15 mats for VR15 crafted item and 120/150 for VR16? Any particular reason for it?

/cuckoo
    :confused:

Well yeah, they said they want to make vr16 harder to get, but honestly...
    Just keep the usual amount of materials and make them a little more rare to drop.
    150 mats for getting bonus stats worth 1 lvlup is just...meh.

As it is now, people wont care about vr16 at all and going vr15, completely ignoring vr16.
    Justifying such a huge crafting cost is only possible with giving a significant boost to aforementioned stats(armor/enchant) OR a worth to mention boost on item set bonus increase.

I mean come on, the cost to craft is 10x more than before, but its still the same small difference.
    And I can already see people complaining when the next Content update is released. That will be the time when theres a handful proud people who worked on those materials all the time to get a whole set ready. Those will be pretty angry when there is a vet17-18 introduced and the needed materials for those is actually less hard to get/as hard as mats for vet16 stuff.
    Edited by Birdovic on August 8, 2015 3:48PM
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Love the leaching set, will be my go to set for my NB tank, only issue i can see is when i do go into pvp it will be hit by the same nurf thats effecting health funnel
    Options
  • Diamond_10
    Diamond_10
    ✭✭✭
    Feedback on Molag Kena:

Because of the bonus proc to both Spell Power and Weapon Damage, the 1 set bonus needs to be changed from weapon damage to something that benefits both magika and stamina builds, even if its just + Health.
    Edited by Diamond_10 on August 8, 2015 4:53PM
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diamond_10 wrote: »
    Feedback on Molag Kena:

Because of the bonus proc to both Spell Power and Weapon Damage, the 1 set bonus needs to be changed from weapon damage to something that benefits both magika and stamina builds, even if its just + Health.

Nah, as I mentioned in a thread: give it both spellpower/weapon damage.
    Spellpower only benefits magicka users and weapon power only stam users, so I dont see any reason not to give both at once(especially when the 2 piece set gives spellpower/weapon dmg at once).

Another possibility is to give half spellpower/weapon dmg.
    Instead of the (current) 123 Weapon power make it 62 Weapon Dmg and Spellpower instead.

This gives more possible ways to use Molag Kena since its useful to both Stamina and Magicka users.
    Dont forget this could also be useful to people trying to make a useful Hybrid Build.
    Options