The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Item set feedback wanted!

• Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hit the wrong Button, sorry .... :D
    Edited by Murmeltier on August 26, 2015 9:47AM
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...how can i remove double Answers or Quotes?
    Edited by Murmeltier on August 26, 2015 9:48AM
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The jewelry+weapon sets Agility, Endurance and Willpower are clumsy because they don't have fourth and fifth set bonus. They are difficult to combine with other sets currently. The new armor sets are pure armor and crafted sets can't have jewelry. If we have full five set of armor with one undaunted set, the jewelry with weapons can't be combined optimally.

As a simple improvement, can you e.g. repeat the two and three item bonuses as fourth and fifth?
    Edited by helediron on August 26, 2015 1:17PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please, allow Scathing Mage set's 5th bonus to trigger from critical heals, because...REASONS.
    Also Spell Power Cure changes are bad. That set wasn't very appealing before and now it's even worse.
    Edited by Anhedonie on August 26, 2015 11:27PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Please, allow Scathing Mage set's 5th bonus to trigger from critical heals, because...REASONS.
    Also Spell Power Cure changes are bad. That set wasn't very appealing before and now it's even worse.

Nope it shouldn't. SM is a DD set. It would be way better, if it proc on every critical damage...
    PC EU - DC only
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry beforehand for hijacking this thread, but I think it's Alright since I will also give Feedback regarding sets ;P

Regarding PvE magicka dps:

You boosted the essence thief set to have a 15% proc chance and a 12% dmg boost...
    and PLS!!
    Do the Same or something similar to scathing mage...
    At the Moment it really is not attractive at all to use it.... It's finally a Return of the crit Builds (or so I tought) with a nice synergie with spell dmg builds but After testing done by serveral people, the smartest thing to do is go back to pure spell dmg stacking which really is getting boring....

And also... On Tamriel Foundry a renowned theorycrafter posted that he did get weekly rewards for dsa on the pts and it didn't scale up to v16... That also hurts quite a but since if you Look at it, you probably will need 2 masterstaffs to get the best out of your Character... If you improve scathing mage of course...
    Also it wouldn't really make Sense if you wouldn't scale them, since you are doing it with AA and HRC rewards on the live, why not include everything until trials will scale to your lvl, that would Open the door wide for a really big variety of builds which should be desirable from your Point of view....

atm there are 2 possible setups:

1) 4 overwhelming 3 willpower 2 torugs 2undaunted
    2) 5 scathing 3 willpower 2 undaunted and a masterstaff (v14 atm!!)

From my DK-Point of view: with neither one of those setups I can sustain the dmg I can do at the live server .... Pls zeni pls :(

People Are begging for an DK execute, which I opose since DoTs + execute would really be over the top..

Sorcerers will stay OP Even with the molag kena Nerf .... They will do more Damage than on the live server no matter what
    Therefore a overload Nerf ( higher Ult cost per light attack/ Base dmg reduce makes more Sense than nerfing sets they might be using and Nerf magicka in General by doing so) and a boost of the pet build (thx for that :smile: ) / more DoTs would be great!

Now regarding PvE Stamina dps:

I don't really get the Ravager nerf to begin with.... Sure this set was really strong but not overpowered... Implementing a cooldown would have been just fine... That Caltrops don't proc it anymore is just an overkill for Stamina dps in general, especially with the Camouflaged Hunter fix and the no Stamina while blocking being implemented...
    Of course you improved the trap, but still you can not pull more than 20k Single Target on the manticora unless you have +600 CP, which, according to eso live just a really limited amount of Players have....
    Funnily enough the hotfixed camou Hunter is actually perfect!!
    Magicka Players have magelight which boost your dmg as a toggle, pls give Stamina Players something similar....

Tests regarding the new essence thief Need to be done before I can give Feedback on this...

Thank you for Reading this!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno and I would've loved to Tag him: Eric Wrobel :smile:

Edited by Domardal on August 27, 2015 9:23AM
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has been said countless of times, I presume, but I will repeat it nonetheless. Now, with IC being close to release in an hopefully relatively final configuration, I have spend some time to figure out how I want to outfit my chars. Of course I am excited about all the new sets and their really unique mechanics. I was hoping to build my setups around having a lot of those.

Naturally, I was taken back down to earth quite fast. I will not be using many of the new sets (actually only one - my nightblade is going to try the shieldbreaker set). Why? Well, jewellery of course.

The new sets implemented sound like really fun mechanics and a worthy goal to aim at (mostly), but the one thing they have in common (with a very few exceptions) is that all the 5-piece bonuses are somewhat situational.

Now, this is personal opinion and I am sure many will disagree, but for my chars as envisioned by me, none of the 5-piece are something that I consider essential. I will mostly go for one of the crafted sets for 5-piece (Hunding for stamina, Kagrenac for magicka).

The problem is the jewellery situation, that will force me (and maybe some others as well) to use old sets in order to reach 2x5 piece. Less of an issue for my stamina chars but more so for my magicka chars. Both, the templar and the mage do quite some healing, in my Cyro group, with the templar (newly leveled specifically for this) intended to be one of the main healers. On her, I will not use any of the new sets, my setup will be 5 healer, 5 kagrenac, 2 mara (s'n'b bar) respectively master's resto. Why? I get 9 set bonuses that way, and all of them are useful for me.

There should be a possibility to include more of your new work in those setups - there is simply too little choice for jewellery. My preferred option would be to have either ring or necklace to be craftable (not! both) and the other option added to the drop sets. Why would you want to prevent us from getting 2x5 but still allow stacking x 2/3/4 bonuses?

Please get on it. I know very well that it is far too late to add these into 2.1, except by adding rings or neck to the drop sets (similar 5-piece bonuses should be mutually exclusive by having the same option - ring or neck), but think on this.

My personal proposal would be:

Add necklaces to enchanters. instead of upgrade materials, use the runes for their quality, meaning they can't be upgraded but are produced at their final quality level. Use blacksmithing metals as base material and armor trait stones for the jewellery trait (use the least used ones - emerald/training -> healthy, quartz/sturdy -> arcane, garnet/exploration -> robust and fortified nirncrux for prismatic)

Give rings to some (not all) of the drop sets. That would be a big incentive to actually get some of those quirk bonuses over something that may be boring but is always useful.
    Edited by Leandor on August 27, 2015 9:44AM
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Please reconsider the Black Rose Set. The direction u take with this set is pretty decent, but to make it viable, especially for PvP (yeah, there are ppl who dont want to play Conan or Harry Potthead ^^).

Raise the Constitution buff to at least 100% and make the Constitutionpassiv proc every 2 Seconds.
    Or u u Raise it up to 200% and let the cd at 4 Seconds.

If u wear 7 Heavy pieces u get something around 340 Ressources Back. You also would sacrifice 5 Slots if u decide to wear Black Rose.

Reconsider it and change it before it goes live pls and make it a bit more viable.

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I like the recent changes to Essence Thief set. 15% seems way better than 10% thx :)

However, I am not sure if there is a cooldown on the set? I was never able to proc the Essence Thief set while I already had the bonus up, could one of the devs confirm this? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    If I might add, it would be nice if the cooldown is removed to get a small chance of keeping the set permanently up.

ff3ebcba10f34ed9b3add6da37c6b15d.png
    Edited by Alcast on August 27, 2015 4:07PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if u got the bonus up u have to wait for it to expire so it wont be permanent. Just a thought.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love essence the if with engine guardian. The buff was needed. I would like to see it 8nclude heavy attacks though
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »

Nope it shouldn't. SM is a DD set. It would be way better, if it proc on every critical damage...

Sorry, I must have missed BIG RED WORDS on that set stating it's for DD ONLY.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredibly disappointed in scathing mage looked like it might be a really fun set to use but seeing as it doesn't proc on dots and the average spell damage boost you get is lower than just running 4 overwhelming or 4 mk I'm thinking a majority of players will be running that. Making it so that either thebproc chance is higher, it procs on dots, or the spell damage boost is larger could make it something for players to consider.
    Also if it's true that pve weekly rewards don't drop v16 gear the only option for a magicka build in terms of jewelry is going to be willpower or cyrodiils light. Would love to see some variety back in the game. Back in 1.4 and 1.5 magicka builds had a ton of different jewelry sets to run so what happened
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Incredibly disappointed in scathing mage looked like it might be a really fun set to use but seeing as it doesn't proc on dots and the average spell damage boost you get is lower than just running 4 overwhelming or 4 mk I'm thinking a majority of players will be running that. Making it so that either thebproc chance is higher, it procs on dots, or the spell damage boost is larger could make it something for players to consider.
    Also if it's true that pve weekly rewards don't drop v16 gear the only option for a magicka build in terms of jewelry is going to be willpower or cyrodiils light. Would love to see some variety back in the game. Back in 1.4 and 1.5 magicka builds had a ton of different jewelry sets to run so what happened

Cyro light will also not be an option because Willpower got 50% increased stats.

Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Cyro light will also not be an option because Willpower got 50% increased stats.

True. Well screw that give me good jewelry.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Im all for counters to builds, but this isnt a counter, its an annulment. Its overpowered in its current form on pts.

Lets say you have 20k health. That is 10 light attacks in succession to kill you. That is plenty. That also does not take into account the fact that you should be healing, countering, avoiding etc. So now that 10 light attacks goes to 17 or 20 or more.how is that op?

Fixed it for you. To heal through that set you have to basicly slot 3-4 of the restoration staff skills and spam them, how can you fight back at the same time? You clearly dont play magicka build, we cant avoid or counter that set in any other way then healing(you cant outheal it). Dodging? Magicka builds cant dodge more then a couple times per minute if they want stamina to still be able to cc break. Block? this dmg goes through block, not to mention if a magicka sorc tries to block he will be out of stamina in a few seconds.

Ever hear of bolt escape? Shards stun? Snaring and kiting? LoS? You must be the worst player ever.

Ive tested this set. It simply punishes those too stupid not to choose correctly. IF you put up a shield you take a bit of extra dmg. It takes maybe 1.5 seconds to recognize you are facing a shield breaker. You adjust and the advantage is lost.

Now if you sit there and try to use the old style I WIN you cant kill me shield styles you.. will.. die!!!

YAY!

'Nice' to see a non-shield user insulting everyone he thinks uses one...

... whilst trying desperately to hide the fact he'll be running the set and using it to spike damage down Sorcs with one finger over his gap closer as the 'varied gameplay' he goes on about means that is the only option left to them is to BE.

Hilariously and transparently self-serving.

You're a NB player... right?
    Edited by byrom101b16_ESO on August 28, 2015 8:17AM
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the recent changes to Essence Thief set. 15% seems way better than 10% thx :)

My feedback to the Essence Thief set: While it looks really fun on paper, this set doesnt pass the reality check.

The essence spawns at a random location around the mob you are fighting against. This is a major issue when playing in a Raid group because with all the effects going on, it's almost impossible to see the essence. Also, chances are REALLY high it spawns in a position where you cant reach it due to the way most encounters are played (stacking the raid at a certain location).

If I run out of the stacked raid constantly to grab the essence, I dont know if my raid leader or the healers are going to kill me first. It also spawns frequently in the (deadly) cone of a boss or in the famous "red circles" any encounter has and where people tend to run out so running in seems rather bad.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno take my feedback to the devs and make them consider giving us the essence instantly instead of randomly spawning it. We cant run around like chickens trying to catch stuff in an organised raid.
    Edited by Jeckll on August 28, 2015 9:17AM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... whilst trying desperately to hide the fact he'll be running the set and using it to spike damage down Sorcs with one finger over his gap closer as the 'varied gameplay' he goes on about means that is the only option left to them is to BE.

Yes I am. I'm sick of shield users being unkillable. Its dumb and it has to stop. Its not as easy as you make it out to be. Let me guess you are a sorc right? Spoiled imo..

Duuk
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took 4 of us to take down one sorc the other day. Im supposedly bursty as heck but I cant 1v1 down the shield. Tanky, Bursty, Mobile..

Sorcs have been spoiled rotten!!
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took 4 of us to take down one sorc the other day. Im supposedly bursty as heck but I cant 1v1 down the shield. Tanky, Bursty, Mobile..

I dare say this is a l2p issue, Im a sorc and I duel regularly, ive been told im quite good, but I can be killed 1v1 just fine of the oponent is good enough, the only exception is templars...zos has made them useless in pvp and its not their fault.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I dare say this is a l2p issue, Im a sorc and I duel regularly, ive been told im quite good, but I can be killed 1v1 just fine of the oponent is good enough, the only exception is templars...zos has made them useless in pvp and its not their fault.
    I don't think that duels are a correct replication of normal Cyrodiil gank situations, even if it is an open world 1v1. I do know that most high level duellers will tailor their build not only to opponent's class but to the specific player, since the community at that level is quite small and everyone knows the players.

I doubt that the people killing you in duels will roam Cyrodiil with the setup that allowed them to kill you.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

I don't think that duels are a correct replication of normal Cyrodiil gank situations, even if it is an open world 1v1. I do know that most high level duellers will tailor their build not only to opponent's class but to the specific player, since the community at that level is quite small and everyone knows the players.

I doubt that the people killing you in duels will roam Cyrodiil with the setup that allowed them to kill you.

Most of the best duelers are using the same builds they use in small scale (at least on EU), and one would have to be pretty good to kill him in a duel...

I mean, seriously:

They needed 4 players to kill one Sorc, and not all using ranged magicka builds, wich is actually countered pretty hard by the Sorc himself.
    This is simply a l2p issue.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I am. I'm sick of shield users being unkillable. Its dumb and it has to stop. Its not as easy as you make it out to be. Let me guess you are a sorc right? Spoiled imo..

Duuk

Guess all you like, it doesn't make my counterpoint invalid, regardless.

'Unkillable'? If you find Sorcs. unkillable as a NB, I wouldn't go bandying around terms like LTP when referring to other people...
    Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the new black rose - good set for playing offensively in heavy armor in pvp
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    i like the new black rose - good set for playing offensively in heavy armor in pvp

Im a bit torn. If they would raise the buff to constitution up to 100 i may would pick it.
    Overall its not so bad for heavy.
    Options
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    xylena wrote: »

Im a bit torn. If they would raise the buff to constitution up to 100 i may would pick it.
    Overall its not so bad for heavy.

constitution base passive needs a buff, which will make black rose better too... dunno why they ever nerfed it
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

My feedback to the Essence Thief set: While it looks really fun on paper, this set doesnt pass the reality check.

The essence spawns at a random location around the mob you are fighting against. This is a major issue when playing in a Raid group because with all the effects going on, it's almost impossible to see the essence. Also, chances are REALLY high it spawns in a position where you cant reach it due to the way most encounters are played (stacking the raid at a certain location).

If I run out of the stacked raid constantly to grab the essence, I dont know if my raid leader or the healers are going to kill me first. It also spawns frequently in the (deadly) cone of a boss or in the famous "red circles" any encounter has and where people tend to run out so running in seems rather bad.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno take my feedback to the devs and make them consider giving us the essence instantly instead of randomly spawning it. We cant run around like chickens trying to catch stuff in an organised raid.

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno Please do not give players an instant 12% damage increase + free resources. Thanks!
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno Please do not give players an instant 12% damage increase + free resources. Thanks!

i agree. as much as i would love to see that it would be op. perhaps make it instant and then get rid of the increased damage and just give resources.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The black rose set had a chance to see play in some niche roles. Now it probably doesn't.

Good job. I'm really looking forward to not having stamina and having a whole bunch of fun cobbling together a build that will allow me to permanently block.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on August 28, 2015 11:23PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Essence Thief:

I noticed with Essence thief, sometimes the essence goes up the wall and it is not reachable.
    Also, in a Trial, with all those effects it will be very hard to see when the Essence Thief set procs :/
    Edited by Alcast on August 28, 2015 6:16PM

Options