Item set feedback wanted!

• hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Shieldbreaker Set with its current value not affected by battlespirit is absolutely broken. You cant outheal lightattack spam.

This build can easily outheal several adds that spam Shieldbreaker B)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/208761/buffing-dragon-bloods-healing-percentage-to-over-95-the-math-is-all-wrong-renamed/p1
    Edited by hrothbern on August 20, 2015 7:14AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Shieldbreaker Set with its current value not affected by battlespirit is absolutely broken. You cant outheal lightattack spam.

If it was effected by it then it'd be its old damage value, which was worthless.

You'll have to stack some health and use other defensive measures instead of just relying on Shields.

As i said: I am not able to OUTHEAL the dmg provided by this set with rapid regeneration + healing ward when someone spams lightattacks.
    If i were to stack more HP (2 setbonuses already sitting at 25k hp) all that would do is reduce my healing done further therefor killing me faster.

I have to spam healingsprings on myself to outheal a setbonus - it should provide a benefit not be an autowin against anyone using an absorbshield.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What Derra said.
    Magicka Sorcs and NBs are usually using Healing Ward as their main healing ability, but with the delay it can not outheal this set. I tried to stack Rapid Regen + Degeneration and that was about 1.1k hps in Cyrodiil, with 33k magicka, 2.1k spell damage, and 30 CP in healing done and received respectively.
    I would be fine with the current value of the set if it would actually attack the shield, then it is a strong set against any damage shield, but my defense would still be working at least. Harness magicka would also be more than a damage booster for stamina builds.
    I can not simply start blocking or healing through the damage, and I don't see why I should die because someone slotted this set if I don't have a healer keeping me alive at all times.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    What Derra said.
    Magicka Sorcs and NBs are usually using Healing Ward as their main healing ability, but with the delay it can not outheal this set. I tried to stack Rapid Regen + Degeneration and that was about 1.1k hps in Cyrodiil, with 33k magicka, 2.1k spell damage, and 30 CP in healing done and received respectively.
    I would be fine with the current value of the set if it would actually attack the shield, then it is a strong set against any damage shield, but my defense would still be working at least. Harness magicka would also be more than a damage booster for stamina builds.
    I can not simply start blocking or healing through the damage, and I don't see why I should die because someone slotted this set if I don't have a healer keeping me alive at all times.

Yep. The dmg should attack the shield not directly hp. It´s simply too much dmg for the way it´s working currently.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am going to summarize all of the item set feedback:

1. ADD MORE JEWELRY OPTIONS!
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the set designed to counter shield stacking should be countered by more shield stacking is the suggestion shield stackers are making.

Rofl
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the set designed to counter shield stacking should be countered by more shield stacking is the suggestion shield stackers are making.

Rofl

It should be good against shieldstackers not give you an autowin. Currently you need to have rapid regeneration up + SPAM combatprayer or healingsprings and slot purge bc that´s not enough healing when a desease enchant procs or you get healdebuffed otherwise.
    Also it proccs on harness magica which does not offer any protection against stamdmg anyways and just buffs up dps.

Your comments just show that you´re completely out of touch and don´t strive for actual balance but just want any playstyle you don´t like to be nonvaible at all. Which is what shieldbreaker in it´s current form does to anyone attempting to use a dmgshield.

I want a set with the same effect on dodge and block please. If attack is blocked or dodge 2150 irresistable hp dmg. Let´s be fair.

Edit: The set hardcounters the only defense of sorcerers 100%. It forces any magica sorc to slot a healing staff AND 3 abilities to counter a setbonus. It´s overpowered.
    Edited by Derra on August 20, 2015 3:05PM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    I wish to wear Black Rose but can't do it without jewelry for this set. Add jewelry, please.
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rofl

It should be good against shieldstackers not give you an autowin. Currently you need to have rapid regeneration up + SPAM combatprayer or healingsprings and slot purge bc that´s not enough healing when a desease enchant procs or you get healdebuffed otherwise.
    Also it proccs on harness magica which does not offer any protection against stamdmg anyways and just buffs up dps.

Your comments just show that you´re completely out of touch and don´t strive for actual balance but just want any playstyle you don´t like to be nonvaible at all. Which is what shieldbreaker in it´s current form does to anyone attempting to use a dmgshield.

I want a set with the same effect on dodge and block please. If attack is blocked or dodge 2150 irresistable hp dmg. Let´s be fair.

Edit: The set hardcounters the only defense of sorcerers 100%. It forces any magica sorc to slot a healing staff AND 3 abilities to counter a setbonus. It´s overpowered.

If @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could forward this to the itemization team, because this is basicly spot on regarding that particular set.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shieldstackers(mostly sorcs) already using broken shield mechanic for months, i.e. full negating penetration, dots, crit rate numbers. ZOS should tweak set a little, but don't change set mechanic until make shileds crittable and dotable, as shieldstacking is too OP. I don't wanna see 2.1 - Era of Sorcs Online again.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rofl

You suggest that everyone will throw away their more versatile and superior 5 set bonuses just so they can counter the ill-conceived mechanic that sorcerers can *** magicka and derive an unparalleled combination of offense, defense, mobility, and healing. If everyone does use this set, something that I highly doubt, the is the community's way of saying loud and clear enough is enough.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they would remove the shieldstacking issue, jeesh the answer is right there zos... Im a sorceror btw, hardward is enough. But shieldbreaker set is too strong atm.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Rofl

You suggest that everyone will throw away their more versatile and superior 5 set bonuses just so they can counter the ill-conceived mechanic that sorcerers can *** magicka and derive an unparalleled combination of offense, defense, mobility, and healing. If everyone does use this set, something that I highly doubt, the is the community's way of saying loud and clear enough is enough.

So, wich more versatile bonuses are you talking about exactly?
    Things like weapon damage, or maybe weapon damage after a dodgeroll, or even a damage shield (lol)?
    Of course without jewelry a drop sets doesn't fit in as nicely, but it's not a really big tradeoff and the other bonuses are very appealing for stam builds, so that's not an argument either.
    And what about the versatility of the shieldbreaker set itself? How many damage shields are there? This set works against pretty much all magicka builds, anyone who is being "healed" by Healing Ward, anyone effected by barrier, anyone who thought Whitestrake would safe him, any stam DK or Templar who uses their class shield, it turns many skill morphs, weapon enchantments and champion system passives into deathtraps.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Rofl

Things like weapon damage, or maybe weapon damage after a dodgeroll, or even a damage shield (lol)?
    Of course without jewelry a drop sets doesn't fit in as nicely, but it's not a really big tradeoff and the other bonuses are very appealing for stam builds, so that's not an argument either.
    And what about the versatility of the shieldbreaker set itself? How many damage shields are there? This set works against pretty much all magicka builds, anyone who is being "healed" by Healing Ward, anyone effected by barrier, anyone who thought Whitestrake would safe him, any stam DK or Templar who uses their class shield, it turns many skill morphs, weapon enchantments and champion system passives into deathtraps.

Don't forget fully charged frost staff attacks.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you block while you have a random absorb shield, youre getting full shieldbreaker dmg

https://youtu.be/6Ao1xmfFMFY
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    Even if you block while you have a random absorb shield, youre getting full shieldbreaker dmg

Yeah....about that Shield Breaker set....it might be a little bit OP...LOL!
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rofl

5 pieces of armor for 1 weapon set bonus? Besides, I thought people we going to abuse the Reactive set which they wont be able to do if wearing this one? I'm not saying it's not a potential issue, and maybe it would be a better idea to actually hit shields for extra damage as opposed to health, but shields are a big issue and there should be a set devoted to making shield stackers worried
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rofl

5 pieces of armor for 1 weapon set bonus? Besides, I thought people we going to abuse the Reactive set which they wont be able to do if wearing this one? I'm not saying it's not a potential issue, and maybe it would be a better idea to actually hit shields for extra damage as opposed to health, but shields are a big issue and there should be a set devoted to making shield stackers worried

Well, yes I agree, there should be a set that works well vs shieldusers. But atm this shieldbreaker set just...its just OP.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    You overdid the buff to shieldbreaker set, it hits for 2150 and those light attacks can be spammed pretty fast. 2150 is quite high dmg considering a hard hitting spell is around 5k dmg. Spam 4 light attacks and youve nearly taken down half of the average magicka builds healthpool, tested it today.

You guys do understand that simply by not using a shield it is not an issue. Use combat prayer instead when facing this setup. The point here is to do damage that counter sheild users. It is called the SHIELDBREAKER. It is doing what it is suppose to be doing. Taking down players with shields. Don't use a shield when facing them then. Also, rather than letting them hit you with a dozen light attacks try evading the hit's and stunning the other player. You are allowed to fight back.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    You overdid the buff to shieldbreaker set, it hits for 2150 and those light attacks can be spammed pretty fast. 2150 is quite high dmg considering a hard hitting spell is around 5k dmg. Spam 4 light attacks and youve nearly taken down half of the average magicka builds healthpool, tested it today.

You guys do understand that simply by not using a shield it is not an issue. Use combat prayer instead when facing this setup. The point here is to do damage that counter sheild users. It is called the SHIELDBREAKER. It is doing what it is suppose to be doing. Taking down players with shields. Don't use a shield when facing them then. Also, rather than letting them hit you with a dozen light attacks try evading the hit's and stunning the other player. You are allowed to fight back.

Lets say you're a magicka sorc in light armor, with no viable spammable class heal. Your only defence is hardened ward. You meet 2 players. One of them has shieldbreaker set, the other dont. They both start nuking you.

You are saying, in that situation, dont use your shield? What about those sorcs that dont like to stick to the healing staff? Should they be forced to just of because this set?
    Edited by olsborg on August 21, 2015 6:50AM

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets say you're a magicka sorc in light armor, with no viable spammable class heal. Your only defence is hardened ward. You meet 2 players. One of them has shieldbreaker set, the other dont. They both start nuking you.

You are saying, in that situation, dont use your shield? What about those sorcs that dont like to stick to the healing staff? Should they be forced to just of because this set?

Ya it sux but it is the point of the set. What about a nb that relies on cloak for defense and gets hit with piercing mark by one out of 2 ppl they come across? What about another 2 on 1 situation and I am a vamp and one of the 2 runs dawn breaker? It is simply a counter to a build. It is the builds weakness now. The whole population won't be running around with it. In fact only a small amount likely will. Especially, with the nerf to stam builds.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im all for counters to builds, but this isnt a counter, its an annulment. Its overpowered in its current form on pts.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im all for counters to builds, but this isnt a counter, its an annulment. Its overpowered in its current form on pts.

Lets say you have 20k health. That is 10 light attacks in succession to kill you. That is plenty. That also does not take into account the fact that you should be healing, countering, avoiding etc. So now that 10 light attacks goes to 17 or 20 or more.how is that op?
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets say you have 20k health. That is 10 light attacks in succession to kill you. That is plenty. That also does not take into account the fact that you should be healing, countering, avoiding etc. So now that 10 light attacks goes to 17 or 20 or more.how is that op?

Fixed it for you. To heal through that set you have to basicly slot 3-4 of the restoration staff skills and spam them, how can you fight back at the same time? You clearly dont play magicka build, we cant avoid or counter that set in any other way then healing(you cant outheal it). Dodging? Magicka builds cant dodge more then a couple times per minute if they want stamina to still be able to cc break. Block? this dmg goes through block, not to mention if a magicka sorc tries to block he will be out of stamina in a few seconds.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed it for you. To heal through that set you have to basicly slot 3-4 of the restoration staff skills and spam them, how can you fight back at the same time? You clearly dont play magicka build, we cant avoid or counter that set in any other way then healing(you cant outheal it). Dodging? Magicka builds cant dodge more then a couple times per minute if they want stamina to still be able to cc break. Block? this dmg goes through block, not to mention if a magicka sorc tries to block he will be out of stamina in a few seconds.

You use a combination of dodge,cc and counter attacks. Countering forces the other party to react and dodge themselves or heal or buff. This also gives you more time to heal in which they won't be attacking and depleting your health while you heal. It is simply learning how to counter the counter.
    Options
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set should be dealing its damage to the shield, not to the person behind it. It's not shield breaking it's shield avoiding right now. Shield bypassing...
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set should be dealing its damage to the shield, not to the person behind it. It's not shield breaking it's shield avoiding right now. Shield bypassing...

If it was sheild avoiding all damage would go through. It is shield breaking because it allows some of the damage to break through the shield to the player
    Options
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was sheild avoiding all damage would go through. It is shield breaking because it allows some of the damage to break through the shield to the player

I want to stand next to you with my DK and spamming AE shield while you getting destroyed by this set. Would give me a good feeling
    Edited by Iyas on August 21, 2015 7:57AM
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You use a combination of dodge,cc and counter attacks. Countering forces the other party to react and dodge themselves or heal or buff. This also gives you more time to heal in which they won't be attacking and depleting your health while you heal. It is simply learning how to counter the counter.

Someone with this set will be spamming light attacks as often as possible, out of 20 light atks you might be able to dodge 2 as a magicka build. You can cc them sure, but in the time they have cc immunity they can probably spam out 8-10 light attacks.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

Its in live allready. If u got a shield and block, u loose stam and only the shield mitigates dmg.

There was never a reason to block while u have an active shield.....

Nothing new
    Options