✭✭✭✭✭
    Sord wrote: »
    Sord wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »

Armor of Truth
    • 2 - Weapon Critical
    • 3 - Max Stamina
    • 4 - Weapon Damage
    • 5 - 12% more damage against stunned or Off-Balance Targets.

Given the change to DK's power lash (+25% damage on off balance targets)this could be a very powerful set for the DK but it's heavy armor. Medium armor would be better but power lash is a magicka skill not stamina. I am completely being selfish as I know other class are in mind but I just thought I'd share that. We want it but it just doesn't quite fit us, and I know you need a heavy armor slot there.

It is a crafted set meaning it can be weapon/shield/ha/MA/la

Armor Of Truth is not a crafted set. It's a PvP reward set and it's been in the game for over a year.

I saw the image and showed "crafted" from images people are posting? weird well then nm
    @Sord That's from the datamined versions, which are not always accurate for various reasons.

The three crafted's are Armor Mastery, Noble's Conquest, and Redistibutor.

Of those, AM is the only one with any real potential.

The Lord Warden needs to have its Spell res lowered and applying armor and spellres, same for the Orb. The way it is right now that set is kina useless, unless u like the visuals of the orb, wich are great ^^

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will add to the Phoenix set:

If you die mid aid, your statue will fall down and the fall damage is registered as soon as the effect ends, killing you.
    I don't think that is working as intended because you can indeed survive fall damage that would normally onehit you, if that is the "killing blow". So, the statue seems to take all kinds of damage and fall damage is among them.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add (and repeat) that making us grind for these sets and having the RNG system bestow very bad traits such as charged, sturdy, exploration, powered, etc. is going to lead to unnecessary frustration.
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add (and repeat) that making us grind for these sets and having the RNG system bestow very bad traits such as charged, sturdy, exploration, powered, etc. is going to lead to unnecessary frustration.
    We've been looking at feedback and in-game data and are going to make some changes. Gear obtained from the vaults will no longer have the following traits:
    • Weighted
    • Charged
    • Training
    • Well-Fitted
    • Sturdy
    • Exploration

As a note: We didn't get this in for the next PTS patch, it will be in for live.

Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeching Plate Set: This Set also needs the chance to critheal us just like the Essence Thief does.
    Options
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does Molag Kena 1 piece bonus only buff weapon damage while the 2 piece bonus buffs weapon AND spell damage? It makes it mediocre for magicka users and good for stam users - why do this? Why not make the 2nd piece bonus only buff weapon damage and be done with it rather than this feeling of "oh, this looks pretty cool for my sorc, but the first bonus is a total loss."
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gibous wrote: »
    Why does Molag Kena 1 piece bonus only buff weapon damage while the 2 piece bonus buffs weapon AND spell damage? It makes it mediocre for magicka users and good for stam users - why do this? Why not make the 2nd piece bonus only buff weapon damage and be done with it rather than this feeling of "oh, this looks pretty cool for my sorc, but the first bonus is a total loss."

It's mediocre for all builds other than overload sorc anyway since no one ever light attacks 3 times in a row. It will still be the best set for a 2 piece for magicka users in that case tho. Gives 5 times the damage of a normal 2 piece set.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    We've been looking at feedback and in-game data and are going to make some changes. Gear obtained from the vaults will no longer have the following traits:
    • Weighted
    • Charged
    • Training
    • Well-Fitted
    • Sturdy
    • Exploration

As a note: We didn't get this in for the next PTS patch, it will be in for live.

This is good to here but ... I'd like to hear explicitly that ZoS will actually changes these if they are acknowledged as uncompetitive
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 13, 2015 2:44AM
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Sheer Venom Set -> Awesome, pls leave it as it is!!!!!!

Essence Thief -> Seems to be ok, but its bad for Archers.

Lord Warden -> Make it Spellres & Armor on both bonuses. Just tune Spellres a bit down. It needs to be competitive.

Molag Kena -> Well, for the sake of fairness, make the first bonus apply weapon and spelldmg

Another request in here: Give all the new Sets additional Jewelry Pieces to make more builds possible :smile:
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the new sets, yes not all of them are competitive, but its enough to work with.

If you've been theorycrafting yourself, you probably realized that there are basically three types of gear pieces. Let's call them body parts (head, chest, etc.), jewellry and weapons. Now there's a vast amount of different body parts, including dropped, crafted and undaunted items.

Weapons are already a bit tougher, they can be crafted so there's some diversity, but the number of useful dropped sets is already a lot lower than the body parts.

Jewellry is the real issue in my eyes, they aren't craftable so the variety is already reduced by a big chunk and the number of dropped sets isn't overwhelming either. Don't get me wrong, the new jewellry sets are pretty nice, but 3 new jewellry sets in comparison to 15+ new body sets is just too imbalanced in my eyes.

Therefore I'd suggest to add jewellry (and maybe some weapon) pieces to some of the new sets.
    Options
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    So far through testing I am underwhelmed with all the item sets. There are a lot that are cool in concept but in practice not so much.

The most egregious issue is the lack of jewelry/weapons for the dropped gear and telvar stone gear. This shows a complete lack of support for build diversity and item set diversity. You guys said you want to support hybrid builds in the future but are putting in changes that are forcing hybrid specs to compete with this patch. Can't do that fellas you need to support hybrids and build diversity now, make some jewelry for the new gear. Remember the rally cry of ESO PLAY HOW YOU WANT.

That said some direct function feed back on some of the set's I have tested thus far:

Essence thief- Set bonuses are great leading to the 5 piece however; while the 5 piece set bonus is great and the buff is good on paper the application of the buff, the rune, is problematic at best. First the rune appears to shoot out about 20 meters from the enemy in a random direction unless it gets stuck on some form of environmental obstacle. This hurts melee dps as they have to go chase down the rune, which is very small, and stop dps to locate and collect the buff. On the other hand it can be even more hurtful on a bow dps standing at full range from target because at 30 meters away for full damage they don't have the time or resources to chase it down if the rune fire's of an additional 20 meters behind the target. The other issues is that even if the rune goes right towards you you can't collect it until it stops moving, again taking you out of DPS.

Essence Thief fix- Change the health/stamina heal to apply over 2 seconds rather then burst, put it on a 10 second cool down and change the buff to apply directly to the wearer....Oh yeah and also ADD FRIKKEN JEWELRY TO THE SET!!

Shield Breaker- First off hands down probably one of the coolest looking medium set's in game, actually looks like I am wearing armor good job art department! Add this motif or start coming out with more transmogrify powers(like the convert to imperial) for all the armor styles including this one cause I never want to take this gear off simply cause of the look. That said set bonuses leading to 5 piece is nice outside of the stamina regen bonus, I don't see a use for it due to the block change but it wont make or break the set. I do feel the damage is nice but I think it could be buffed to help really apply pressure to mages abusing the damage shields. Don't really think this set needs a fix GJ. OH WAIT ADD JEWELRY!!!!

Sheer Venom- Ok this is a super great concept, great 5 piece build up with a money shot of a 5 piece effect.....on paper. The effect is lackluster in pvp not even really applying pressure in fights, for pve it's a nice little boost but I don't see it replacing any of the current top tier pve DPS sets.

Sheer Venom fix- I would suggest adding a bit more damage to it and have it apply the poison over 2 seconds with a 6-8 second cool down, making it a bit more bursty to apply pressure in pvp and be competitive in PVE. ADD JEWELRY

Reactive Armor set is pretty good, again due to stamina changes the regen seem pointless maybe a weapon damage for some heavy armor DPS love in pvp would be workable or just a max stamina increase. The 5 piece is nice but at the same time kind of pointless cause the 35% damage reduction isn't going to stop you from being killed and you have to be CCed to get it.

Reactive Armor fix- let the 5 piece extend a couple of seconds after cc ends or you break out and i think this will be a solid piece.

All of the new 3 piece gear- NOT WORTH THE TIME INVESTMENT TO GET. Sorry guys but for the amount of farming I have to do the 3 piece should be a lesser 5 peice bonus or at the very least should grant bonuses for 1-2-3.

Tested a few other sets but not as much as the ones listed here will post again one I get some more testing done.

ADD JEWELRY TO ALL THE SETs PUT IN BY THE PATCH kthx bye!!

Edited by kaorunandrak on August 13, 2015 8:05PM
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
    Options
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Essence thief 5 pc is too hard to proc I think it should work on both light and heavy attacks. Picking up the essence is already a chore, and most players weave heavy attacks especially on the bow. If I could proc it with the bow, go in with my 2h and grab the essence for the kill then that would feel like a very good set to synergize with.
    Options
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scathing Mage

Proc chance and buff duration to low . Increase one of them or both otherwise this set isnt worth to equip. 2x spell crit bonus and the 5 piece bonus who procs really rarely.

with this set i have 48% spell crit 48 of 100 skill will crit, the proc chance is 10% so every 4-5 critical hit gives the buff for 6 seconds

theoretical, I guess in practice the chance is lower.
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Glantir wrote: »
    Scathing Mage

Proc chance and buff duration to low . Increase one of them or both otherwise this set isnt worth to equip. 2x spell crit bonus and the 5 piece bonus who procs really rarely.

with this set i have 48% spell crit 48 of 100 skill will crit, the proc chance is 10% so every 4-5 critical hit gives the buff for 6 seconds

Maybe for PvP, but in PvE this set is godlike
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Scathing Mage

Maybe for PvP, but in PvE this set is godlike

You test it? I test it on some Mobs in Cyrodiil but maybe it work better on elite mobs....
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
    Options
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried the Essence Thief in dungeon, It seems the 5 pc bonus doesnt proc at all. Got 1 random 300 hp heal proc at one point so maybe that was it.

Reguardless, definitely not working for some reason, unless I dont see its procs go out. Was in white gold tower.
    Edited by Kupoking on August 14, 2015 7:29PM
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scathing Mage and Spell Power Cure are awesome sets. On a sad note: I don't know what to do with my weapon, head and shoulder slots. Nothing fits in there.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Scathing Mage and Spell Power Cure are awesome sets. On a sad note: I don't know what to do with my weapon, head and shoulder slots. Nothing fits in there.

Undaunted set + master weapon?

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would greatly stimulate build diversity if the new sets had a weapon, necklace or ring added to set. Its fine to make these items more rare than the normal pieces, as long as they are obtainable from playing the Imperial City content.

It also wouldnt be a bad idea to put those items in the store so they can be bought with Tel Var stones. Otherwise TV stones will mainly be used to buy v16 crafting mats and I dont think that can be the intention of the new currency.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Undaunted sets are ***. Master staff is also ***. I'd rather take 3 parts of v14 Magnus or Seducer. But that feels lacking in some way.
    (ps from my point of view; no offence)
    (psps I'm a healer)
    Edited by Anhedonie on August 14, 2015 11:03PM
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 set bonus on reactive armor is bugged / needs to be changed. People are running around with 100% mitigation on the pts.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on August 14, 2015 11:13PM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my problem with most of these sets

With the change to Dodge Roll and Blocking, you pretty much pushed most players into using large amounts of stamina recovery to make of for the Dodge Roll Change, which most of these sets don't have a lot of...or in the case of Block, lots of Magicka Recovery so you can spam stamina recovery magicka abilities (like the DK earthen heart line abilities)

Again...Something like Jolting armor seems nice, till you realize you won't have hardly any Stamina or Magicka Recovery..And you'll die because this game is about who has the best Resource regen on PTS right now.

Pretty much if you want gear to be used

It has to have a resource recovery stat on it, and a weapon or spell damage stat on it..If it doesn't have both of those its automatically going to be *** pretty much.

Esp if its any Block based set as blocking is pretty much going to require Block Cost reduction on jewelry and can't make up for it on Gear like Dodge Roll and Shield Spamming can.

Also you're going to need Jewelry for these armor sets..Why? Because there is zero reason to do use the new jewelry sets when I can do Shadow Walker and Healers set and get easy 4 piece bonuses

Edited by Xsorus on August 14, 2015 11:34PM
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Undaunted sets are ***. Master staff is also ***. I'd rather take 3 parts of v14 Magnus or Seducer. But that feels lacking in some way.
    (psps I'm a healer)

Master resto staff is very important for healers because it gives stamina to those you heal with healing springs. I think most tanks would be very glad if you had one now stamina doesnt regen while blocking ;)

PC - EU (AD)
    Options
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the Essence Thief in dungeon, It seems the 5 pc bonus doesnt proc at all. Got 1 random 300 hp heal proc at one point so maybe that was it.

Reguardless, definitely not working for some reason, unless I dont see its procs go out. Was in white gold tower.

It spawns a rune that is randomly placed 20 meters from the target that proced it. So it could go behind the mob to the left or right at an angle or get lost under ground effects. So the buff IS going off, just not in the most ideal way especially for a late game set. Just a case of cool concept but bad design the rune can to easily be lost in the tide of combat especially with ground effects.
    Edited by kaorunandrak on August 15, 2015 2:11AM
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sharpened master staff/ v16 nirn crafted staff, head and shoulders of nerieneth.
    Scathing Mage

What class? For a dot spec like dk or mag temp I could imagine it proccing non-stop. Should be around 50% crit and with 4 dots a second and you're actual attack and medium weave that's a 30% chance a second to proc it. Even if it has a 6s icd so it can't proc while its already procced so it will be up like 2/3 of the time that's still an average of 400 spell damage and a magicka bonus. In comparison, overwhelming and martial knowledge only give 280 spell damage and magicka bonus. So it's essentially a 5 piece that has 3 spell damage buffs, 2 crit buffs, and a magicka buff in a worst case scenario. Best case, 4+ damage buffs.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

(psps I'm a healer)

Master resto staff is very important for healers because it gives stamina to those you heal with healing springs. I think most tanks would be very glad if you had one now stamina doesnt regen while blocking ;)
    Shards/Repentance.
    Master staff is very important for non-templar healers.
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged on the PTS, didn't get the gear. Sup?
    Options
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    The Shock Master set is very clunky in it's execution. Going from a light attack into a heavy doesn't really reflect combat on live where light or medium attacks are followed by abilities. Quite frankly it's cuts into the pace of combat and wastes a lot of time you just don't have up close as a melee attacker. The bonus itself isn't strong enough to enable a light attack build and interrupts the flow of regular attack weaving. Some suggestions would be:

1. Have it start with a heavy attack and then go into a light attack.
    2. Let it start with a medium attack and go into a light attack
    3. Have it trigger off of consecutive light attacks, boost the damage on light attacks to a respectable amount, and lock out attack abilities until the 5 piece times out.
    4. Start with a light attack and then go a weapon/class ability for activation.

Reasoning
    1. If a full heavy attack must be used, starting with a heavy attack into a light attack is less jarring to the flow of combat.
    2. Starting with a medium attack into light attack is better as it wastes less time but can still be somewhat slow.
    3. Light attack builds had a lot of the tools that enabled them removed. This could be a way to bring them back with a tradeoff. It also ties in with the Molag Kena set better.
    4. Weaving light attacks behind abilities is how combat already functions this would remove the chunkiness altogether.

If this set stays the way it is it will have trouble trying to compete with the undaunted medium set that offers almost the same bonus while activating under an ability cast. It even buffs heavy/medium attacks, which are actually supported by certain % damage passives and abilities.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the idea of the essence thief set, but was very underwhelmed, the set didn't proc very frequently, and even when it did proc and i was able to pick it up, the heal and buff seemed quite weak and not worth the effort of changing my tactics to grab the runes.
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are all bad if none of them have jewelry components. Period. These effects are too gimmicky and niche to compete with solid craftable sets with their chosen traits if they do not occupy jewelry slots to leave armor and weapons open for other sets.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys