Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Item set feedback wanted!

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Feedback: 12/15 mats for VR15 crafted item and 120/150 for VR16? Any particular reason for it?

/cuckoo
    :confused:

Well yeah, they said they want to make vr16 harder to get, but honestly...
    Just keep the usual amount of materials and make them a little more rare to drop.
    150 mats for getting bonus stats worth 1 lvlup is just...meh.

As it is now, people wont care about vr16 at all and going vr15, completely ignoring vr16.
    Justifying such a huge crafting cost is only possible with giving a significant boost to aforementioned stats(armor/enchant) OR a worth to mention boost on item set bonus increase.

I mean come on, the cost to craft is 10x more than before, but its still the same small difference.
    And I can already see people complaining when the next Content update is released. That will be the time when theres a handful proud people who worked on those materials all the time to get a whole set ready. Those will be pretty angry when there is a vet17-18 introduced and the needed materials for those is actually less hard to get/as hard as mats for vet16 stuff.

The people who upgrade their gear to legendary today will also craft their new sets in V16.
    Just making it a bit more rare to drop would not be sufficient to the intend for this very reason, because it would take out the worth for the new crafting materials completely for anyone who does not want to grind or buy as much as is needed for V16 gear. Players like you as I take from your post.
    The difference in power will be smaller and everyone can do something with the materials from dropped V15/V16 gear.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The people who upgrade their gear to legendary today will also craft their new sets in V16.
    Just making it a bit more rare to drop would not be sufficient to the intend for this very reason, because it would take out the worth for the new crafting materials completely for anyone who does not want to grind or buy as much as is needed for V16 gear. Players like you as I take from your post.
    The difference in power will be smaller and everyone can do something with the materials from dropped V15/V16 gear.

Players like you as I take from your post.
    Lol...
    Thats right, "Players like me", there is alot of "those", trust me.

10 times the usual amount of materials need of a material, that also is rare to get (compared to vr14 material) for a minimal change in stats.
    Just because theres some people who will go for min/max VR16 stuff and make it legendary, this huge time invest + cost is not justified. I can see ZOS wants it to be harder to get, but thats a little over the top.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say the choice to make v16 gear cost 10x the amount of mats is boring but not terrible.

First everyone will say forget about v16 gear and all those mats, I will make v15 gear. But what happens after a week or a month? You still want to improve your gear, now all those gathered mats can be put to use. It might take a while but who cares? The difference is not huge to begin with.

Also the amount will vary, most people will use some crafted items and some dropped items. Lets say the average player uses 5 crafted items, that will 600-900 mats on average. I dont think thats too bad for end game gear. Another benefit is the value of drops after you have all the v16 gear you desire, because it takes a while to get enough players will be looking for mats to buy.

One tip, dont upgrade you v15 gear to legendary. You might want to save that for when you (finally) get your v16 gear.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did you nerf the Arch-Mage set 5th set bonus? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

@olsborg How was it nerfed?

Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@olsborg How was it nerfed?

Took away the 8% lower mana cost and replaced it with a 600ish mana back on heavy attacks, making it basicly useless.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You haven't noticed ZoS's consistent history of nerfing slightly interesting (as opposed to powerful) sets that nobody identified was a problem?
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took away the 8% lower mana cost and replaced it with a 600ish mana back on heavy attacks, making it basicly useless.

Ah thanks for informing.
    Well I have never EVER heard complaints about this set, so Im wondering why they did so.
    I think the set needs enough time and luck (or lot of gold) to get, so the 8% Reduction is fine in my opinion.
    Replacing it with such a weak heavy attack based magicka return is just meh, they should make up for the DPS loss in the time needed to use heavy attacks and give a way bigger magicka return....or just leave the set as it is lol.
    Edited by Birdovic on August 9, 2015 2:06PM
    Options
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why Hunding Rage not increase for 16 from 15 - weapon damage 260.

Rcm0M5X.png

POTfQEc.png

Edited by Detector on August 9, 2015 10:52PM
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several existing sets that got a buff that weren't mentioned. Affliction got a huge boost from ~280 disease damage on hit, to ~2,700 disease damage on hit. Sentry got buffed from 20% stealth detection range, to 50% stealth detection range. There are also other existing sets that had various things changed, buffed, or nerfed.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several existing sets that got a buff that weren't mentioned. Affliction got a huge boost from ~280 disease damage on hit, to ~2,700 disease damage on hit. Sentry got buffed from 20% stealth detection range, to 50% stealth detection range. There are also other existing sets that had various things changed, buffed, or nerfed.

Wow come again on affliction set? Looks like my herald of affliction build might be back
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »

Rcm0M5X.png

POTfQEc.png

Cause 5 piece Bonuses on a nearly all sets now have a certain value wich cant be increased(Same goes for some Skills) no matter if crafted or dropped. Only way to increase 5 piece bonuses is to upgrade them.
    Edited by actosh on August 10, 2015 5:28AM
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Wow come again on affliction set? Looks like my herald of affliction build might be back

If you like that, then you are going to love the Juggernaut set. As a DK, I can heal myself for 320% of the stated 5-piece heal effect. If someone tries to one-shot me and gets me down to say, 1% health, I'm instantly healed back up to 100%. I'm currently using it in conjunction with Footman's Fortune and it works extremely well.
    Edited by Akavir_Sentinel on August 10, 2015 5:30AM
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to Zos now that Willoes Path is the regeneration set :smiley:

Magreg
    Stamreg
    Hpreg (crap)
    15% more reg in combat ^^
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

2,7k is freaking crazy with a chance of 50% lol.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they would change affliction set to proc on damaged, not on weapon hit. :(
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of the Infernal is still very weak compared to all the other boss sets. Needs a major overhaul and not just a number/stat tweak.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Meritorious Service set seems underwhelming given the coat and lesser used support abilities. Efficient purge might be the most used. With others like siege shield, flare, and gaurd are extremely under used and high cast cost. Compare this with the assault set and abilities like vigor (extremely low cost, use able in stealth?) Caltrops, rapid maneuvers, and detonation, I can't it's much more useful.

Consider upping the bonus, number of folks affected, or abilities in the tree line to make this set more useful.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Nice I cant wait to test Molag Kena with the bow build im using :D
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Sb can confirm that Molag Kena works with Overload Light Attacks?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It would be nice if they would change affliction set to proc on damaged, not on weapon hit. :(

It procs on any hit, but it now has a 4 second cooldown attached to it.

But yea you could do burning talons for example and have it go off on everyone.

Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno u have forgotten to add cooldown tooltips on the most of the new set.
    Do they have an internal cd or no cd at all. At the leeching plate set a cd would suck but may be neccessary.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I separate these two from the above because firstly as a NB stamina build I wasn't sure if I am biased. And secondly I know they aren't to do with the armour sets but its more of a followup to my rather lenghtly feedback post above. :)

Damage Shields. Damage nerf.
    Every class has access to one - but where is our stamina shield? Have you considered this?
    Everyone who is crying nerf for these is because they aren't the ones using them.

I think fights are slower with the damage nerf. Escapability has been looked at, how about survivability?
    Sorry I know this bit is ambiguous. Bear with it: Work it so the guys not using shields (defensive) have more damage. And the guys using shields have less damage / more survivability. In line with the holy trinity tank/healer/dps. That's as far as my feedback extends here, I know what I mean but can't think of a solution..
    @briandivisionb16_ESO Mirage or Healing Ward..

Just because it's not a pretty 'bubble,' don't downplay 20% chance to dodge incoming damage.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »

Rcm0M5X.png

POTfQEc.png

VR15 and VR16 5 piece bonus are not just identical to each other, but identical to VR14! What a waste of a popular crafted set. Who wants to pay $25 to buy Imperial City, grind it for weeks or months to acquire mats to craft 5 pieces of VR16 Hunding, only to have the set be virtually the same as your old VR14 version. :(
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield Breaker set was a nice thought but it's utter garbage when looking at it's implementation. Some people have more health regen than the damage inflicted not to mention any active HoTs completely negate it's effect. Worthless set at this point.
    Options
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Armor of Truth
    • 2 - Weapon Critical
    • 3 - Max Stamina
    • 4 - Weapon Damage
    • 5 - 12% more damage against stunned or Off-Balance Targets.

Given the change to DK's power lash (+25% damage on off balance targets)this could be a very powerful set for the DK but it's heavy armor. Medium armor would be better but power lash is a magicka skill not stamina. I am completely being selfish as I know other class are in mind but I just thought I'd share that. We want it but it just doesn't quite fit us, and I know you need a heavy armor slot there.

It is a crafted set meaning it can be weapon/shield/ha/MA/la
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sord wrote: »

Armor of Truth
    • 2 - Weapon Critical
    • 3 - Max Stamina
    • 4 - Weapon Damage

Given the change to DK's power lash (+25% damage on off balance targets)this could be a very powerful set for the DK but it's heavy armor. Medium armor would be better but power lash is a magicka skill not stamina. I am completely being selfish as I know other class are in mind but I just thought I'd share that. We want it but it just doesn't quite fit us, and I know you need a heavy armor slot there.

Armor Of Truth is not a crafted set. It's a PvP reward set and it's been in the game for over a year.
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In case it has not been brought to ZOS' attention, The Phoenix set is currently broken. From what I've gathered, if you die while you have a DOT active on an Enemy, it breaks the immunity and leaves you susceptible to death.

The heal is also very lackluster and more often then not, leaves me with zero chance of survival.(and that's if the set does not bug out and I die before the stone animation even plays...)
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭

Armor of Truth
    • 2 - Weapon Critical
    • 3 - Max Stamina
    • 4 - Weapon Damage

Armor Of Truth is not a crafted set. It's a PvP reward set and it's been in the game for over a year.

I saw the image and showed "crafted" from images people are posting? weird well then nm

www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Armor of Truth
    • 2 - Weapon Critical
    • 3 - Max Stamina
    • 4 - Weapon Damage

I saw the image and showed "crafted" from images people are posting? weird well then nm
    @Sord That's from the datamined versions, which are not always accurate for various reasons.

The three crafted's are Armor Mastery, Noble's Conquest, and Redistibutor.

Of those, AM is the only one with any real potential.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options