Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be very practical if the 1.6 patch notes were pinned on top of the PTS subforum.
    As I remember, many people at @ZOS put a lot of work into them and it's a bit easier to test with a quick access to the notes.
    @ZOS_AlanG
    Wololo.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , could you sticky this for quick comparison to the minor patch updates, please?

That way we don't have to search for it each time we need to see what the original 1.6 version was to compare.

Thank you! :)

HYes please. Get tired of going to look for this.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please^
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Now re-stickied, sorry about that!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had to search for patch notes in the past. Thank you for re-sticky these. If you could keep a patch sticky for a long time this would be best.
  • Reman
    Reman
    ✭✭
    acb.jpg
    Awsome! Awsome,Awsome,Awsome!
  • FoxPT
    FoxPT
    ✭✭
    BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES

Collection System
    • As a result of this new feature, some underlying systems like mounts have changed.
      • Previously, each mount was associated with a specific set of statistics, which often led to you needing to choose between your preferred mount appearance or a mechanical benefit. Now, you are free to choose any acquired mount you like without compromising statistics.
      • Instead of feeding specific mounts at stables, you will now take riding lessons at stables that will increase your capability with any mount you ride.
      • You will also be able to gain maximum speed, stamina and capacity increases via these lessons over time.
      • The highest upgrade each player character has achieved with their mounts will be transferred into progress on your riding skills.
        • If you have three different mounts with 50 points of upgrades in speed, stamina, and capacity respectively, you will have those same benefits with your riding skill.
        • Additionally, every different mount on existing accounts will be transferred into the Collection system, which is available on all your characters. If there is a specific type of mount that you haven't yet acquired, they will still be available at the stable.

Regarding this subject i still don't get it how this going to work.

If i have a horse with max capacity and another horse with 50% stamina and 50% speed how the end result will be when i select the horse i wanna ride?

I get a horse with the 3 statistics i already have in the other 2 horses?
    Fox
    Wizard from Mages Guild
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FoxPT wrote: »
    BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES

Collection System
    • As a result of this new feature, some underlying systems like mounts have changed.
      • Previously, each mount was associated with a specific set of statistics, which often led to you needing to choose between your preferred mount appearance or a mechanical benefit. Now, you are free to choose any acquired mount you like without compromising statistics.
      • Instead of feeding specific mounts at stables, you will now take riding lessons at stables that will increase your capability with any mount you ride.
      • You will also be able to gain maximum speed, stamina and capacity increases via these lessons over time.
      • The highest upgrade each player character has achieved with their mounts will be transferred into progress on your riding skills.
        • If you have three different mounts with 50 points of upgrades in speed, stamina, and capacity respectively, you will have those same benefits with your riding skill.
        • Additionally, every different mount on existing accounts will be transferred into the Collection system, which is available on all your characters. If there is a specific type of mount that you haven't yet acquired, they will still be available at the stable.

Regarding this subject i still don't get it how this going to work.

If i have a horse with max capacity and another horse with 50% stamina and 50% speed how the end result will be when i select the horse i wanna ride?

I get a horse with the 3 statistics i already have in the other 2 horses?
    You will have max capacity, 50% stamina and 50% speed on all your horses.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FoxPT, as @Enodoc indicates, the stats will merge.

The only question at this point is how they are going to handle multiple characters with horses, since riding skill is character based and the extra spaces the horse provides currently don't carry over properly on first log in (leading to lost items).
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started a Heavy Armor melee DPS, then I found out today Heavy Armor is losing the Juggernaut melee damage bonus in 1.6 :(
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just started a Heavy Armor melee DPS, then I found out today Heavy Armor is losing the Juggernaut melee damage bonus in 1.6 :(

My friend, avoid heavy armor melee DPS, especially for PVP or if you do, rely on magicka to limit the negative impact of your armor choice on your overall performance. Heavy Melee + Stamina just does not work AT ALL since launch in PVP. And at the same time, Medium gets additional buffs with 1.6.2.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148711/1-6-pts-heavy-armor-feedback
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »

My friend, avoid heavy armor melee DPS, especially for PVP or if you do, rely on magicka to limit the negative impact of your armor choice on your overall performance. Heavy Melee + Stamina just does not work AT ALL since launch in PVP. And at the same time, Medium gets additional buffs with 1.6.2.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148711/1-6-pts-heavy-armor-feedback

I was going to focus on magicka, 3 Aedric Spear + 2 Two-Handed abilities main bar, second weapon 3 Dawn's Wrath + 2 Bow secondary, all attribute points in magicka.

Apart from +12% damage and 3% Critical damage bonus, Medium is only somewhat better for a melee dps. I'm not going for a min-max build so I should be good.

Plus my last 3 characters were medium armor DK/NB DPS so I want some variety :disagree:
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Blastmab14_ESO
    Now re-stickied, sorry about that!

Want better graphics in cyrodill? and out?! same fps (might be sight drop) with addons with firefox open playing pandora! (note: 1 -My laptop is more than 5 years old! go buy a cooling pad got mine for 10 dollars cheap :)) And a whole wall of text! ROAR!

Here's what I did; I Just remember from eso beta I had way better graphics when playing. I have been playing with ugly graphic for awhile now (note: 2 - ugly textures on med no reflections on armor, no 2d mapping to make armor pop. but that has changed! NO MORE!) in game because im running a older laptop playing the game. But in beta I was able to play with great graphics. So I wondered what I did different? well at first I test graphics on high (this is the key) I go messing with the presets and turn on high waited for it to load... it load and was unplayable! BUT!!!!
    I customized to
    |
    v
    windowed full screen, VS on, AA off, textures med , subsq med, shadows low, WRG off, MPS 777 ( ultimate perfection ) PSD 47 (ronin), VD 31, AO no, bloom off, Dof off, Distortion no, Sunlight Rays no, Grass off but you could turn on maybe lose a frame or 2 here and there.

Result I was able to see my true Colors which inspired me (while on PTS testing 1.6) to make my own class the Golden Dragon

(NOTE: 3 - it would be nice to hide chest armor just like helmet, add it in the cash shop or for players that subs every month. thank you! you guys took my godhood when you took reflective scale and weaken it. give me the power to hide my armor!)

It displays my tattoo in the right color now. ~It was black and grey the color of night, now it displays Gold and bright. Now I shall vanquish evil's might, No daedra shall escape my site! ALL! who opposes Queen Ayrenn's might shall suffer the
    Brightest Light FOR BEHOLD! I AM REBORN! THE GOLDEN DRAGON KNIGHT!!!!!!!!~

(I killed a VET lvl 14 all powered up nightblade in pvp and i'm only vet 5 :D on pts still counts! without chest armor!)
    getting on shotted by silver blots for 71k not even vamp or werewolf is not fun it would if I reflected it. :wink:
    not taken on pts, pts looks way better! same result
    vACiQ3Q.jpg
    XHSJhcY.jpg
    r80ogvO.jpg

• Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miscellaneous
    General
    • Ultra settings will now require a video card with 2GB of VRAM.

nuu muh ultra :open_mouth:

Good thing I have a 6GB graphics card . . . mwhahahaha
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the caps are not 100% removed. the damage cap is changed but not the utility, secondary effects remain capped. so damage the zerg but only receive health from 6 or 3 whatever the cap is.

Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on February 16, 2015 5:18AM
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armor: The amount of mitigation provided by Armor has changed.
    • A piece of Light Armor grants 1/4th of the mitigation of an equivalent piece of Heavy Armor.

So is this the beginning of the end of the "Light Armor/Sword and Board DK Uber-Tanks" we see everywhere like roaches in PvP?
    I hope so.

dont get ur hopes up
  • GoodOrc
    GoodOrc
    ✭✭
    Pack leader morf hawe OLd description of new in morf(remember from time it gained ultimate) but now it gives 2 sec for time duration.

6ud4uob7j0zq.jpg
    Edited by GoodOrc on February 17, 2015 9:55AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno plz resticky 1.6 onward including minors.

Thank you (again).
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS