Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Werewolf Form - Unable to Break Free in form, also no cc immunity granted after being crowd controlled.

SUPER SAD if this makes it to launch
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Castle
    Castle
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Critical Damage buffs

Minor Force: Increases critical damage amounts by 15%
    Major Force: Increases critical damage amounts by 40%
    Critical Resistance: This attribute no longer reduces the chance to be hit by a Critical hit.

Critical Resistance now reduces the bonus damage caused by a Critical hit, and with enough, can reduce the bonus damage to 0.

@ZOS_GinaBruno could you clarify the balance between these two new changes?

Does Critical Resistance cancel out all Critical bonus damage including the new buffs; or, do the new buffs supercede Critical Resistance (ie: a character with maximum Critical Resistance still takes bonus damage when receiving a crit from a player with the Major Force and Minor Force buffs active?)

Critical Resistance reduces Critical Hit effects. If you have sufficient Critical Resistance to remove 40% damage bonus, the Critical Hit will do 110% of base damage to the target (i.e. 100 damage becomes 110 damage.) If that attacker were running a Major Force buff, the attack would do 150% damage to the target (1 + 0.5 + 0.4 - 0.4 = 1.5)
    Floyd Grubb
    Senior Systems Designer - Zenimax Online Studios

No matter where you go, there you are.
    Staff Post
  • RansynBloodway
    To everyone posting about the Ability changes to from Stam to Magicka, or visa versa, here is my take on it:

At some point (hopefully in the near future) we will be getting Spell Crafting. :)

I am hoping that once this becomes available, we will be able to tweak our abilities to use either magicka or stamina, whichever we want.

I know that doesn't help us now, but the Spellcrafting system could be why ZOS are going down this path.
    Ransyn Bloodway - Guildmaster of Blades of Vengeance
    SEXY, DANGEROUS, HAAAAAAAAS!
    bov.shivtr.com
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huh wasn't as long as I was expecting!
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To everyone posting about the Ability changes to from Stam to Magicka, or visa versa, here is my take on it:

At some point (hopefully in the near future) we will be getting Spell Crafting. :)

I am hoping that once this becomes available, we will be able to tweak our abilities to use either magicka or stamina, whichever we want.

I know that doesn't help us now, but the Spellcrafting system could be why ZOS are going down this path.

Confirmed no updates to game until after console release which is June at best.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Fordd, it has been confirmed that the Purge bug is fixed for 1.6
    Edited by runagate on January 28, 2015 4:17AM
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can barely start describing how amazing these notes are... The npcs greeting each other, all the quest adaptations for the Justice system, the camera controls... damn..

This still might become the Elder Scrolls game we've always dreamed about, after all... My hopes are renewed and my sad heart from the B2P announcement has been calmed... Thank you. :)
  • Gogo
    Gogo
    Soul Shriven
    Please tell us more about our horses...I have 150 slots on my 8 characters ...50 slots are from the horses...most of my characters are with nearly full inventory 148/150....What will happened to my resources if you remove this 50 slots from each of my character....or perhaps you will give us this 50 slots on all our characters we already pay for?...and what about our second and third horse which we max level for speed ....or stamina...?....do we get that training automatically added to stable-trainer...?...using 1 horse but the stats will be different depending on character progression it training?
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a VR 14 stamina sorc build wearing a 5 piece set of Hircine's Veneer, 2 pieces of Twin Sisters set (120 stamina regen), with 2 purple VR 14 Fangs of the Viper, and 3 pieces of the Poisonous Serpent set jewelry my character's Weapon Critical rating is only 32%. With Flawless Dawnbreaker slotted as Ultimate, and Quick Cloak, Whirling Blades, Critical Surge, Boundless Storm and Bound Armaments (3 damage mitigation skills, one AoE attack and the formerly self-healing Surge) my sorcerer basically gets obliterated by 6 scorpions in Craglorn.

Granted, of my three VR 14 characters (others are magicka NB and magicka DK) this was by far my weakest character, but I think we can pretty much assume that stamina Sorcs went from barely viable in certain situations to utterly unplayable and a major liability to any group, I'm sad to say.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why was the burning spellweave set turned into a garbage set. The spell crit was changed to weapon crit.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why was the burning spellweave set turned into a garbage set. The spell crit was changed to weapon crit.

Whereas the Undaunted Unweaver set now gives
    2 pieces - 900 stamina
    3 pieces - 900 stamina
    4 pieces - 52% spell critical
    5 pieces - after casting an ability that costs stamina, light attacks deal an additional 720 damage and heavy attacks deal an additional 1080 damage for 10 seconds

Covenant Signet's deadly strike adds 16% weapon critical

Whereas Night Mother's Gaze adds 49% weapon/49% spell/49% weapon critical for the 2, 3, and 4 piece Set bonus, as do many other similar items (when not worn, these are on a bank mule, looking at the tooltips)

Whereas on my stamina sorc the Venomous Serpent Set gave a 1% weapon critical bonus for the 2 piece bonus, as did the Viper's Sting Set

Methinks someone the Itemization and Gameplay team made some typos and no one caught them, as these numbers are wildly off any possible intentional bonuses.

[edit]
    Critical Strike/Spell Critical: Previously, each 10 points of these attributes would give a 1% chance to cause a Critical Hit to their target. This is no longer true and has changed.

The amount of Critical Strike/Spell Critical required to get a 1% increased chance to cause a critical hit now increases per level.

Precise Weapons that have a lower Required Level than the player character than owns it will provide less actual benefit.

A Critical Hit still does 50% greater damage unless modified.
    You will now have a base Critical Hit chance of 10%.

I thought I misread the above, but upon closer inspection it simply doesn't give any clear definition, and certainly the "%" sign associated with both the unworn crit bonuses and that which appears on the character sheet are unhelpful and uninformative. Per cent means "chance in 100" not "variable, uncalculatable and opaque"
    Edited by runagate on January 28, 2015 6:28AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol found a pretty hilarious bug

Brawler absorb shield refreshes itself over and over again....and by that ..I mean it stacks with itself.

So if i hit 3 mobs twice, I have over 16k in Absorb shield.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pierce Armor (morph): This ability now applies the buff Major Spell Shatter for 12 seconds.

What is the definition of this buff ? It is not described above. @zos
    Edited by frozywozy on January 28, 2015 6:53AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ ,

Just compiling those PTS Patch Notes 1.6 must have given you a word-processing Level-Up!

;)
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Impressed; this feels almost like a new game. Well done in many respects. One nit: the collection system does not incorporate slots for trophies. I can understand disguises following later but this should launch with the ability to store trophy items. Please!
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    So...two changes that I see that don't make any sense at all. First the sorc fail.

Surge
    This ability now applies the Major Brutality buff.
    Power Surge: This ability now applies the Major Brutality and Major Sorcery buffs.
    Critical Surge: This ability now has a one second cooldown on the heal.

Magicka build. Gets nothing from the original spell. Now have to choose from either getting more spell crit or getting healed.

Stamina build. Gets benefit from original spell. Only one morph makes sense to choose. Gets both extra damage and heals.

Here is how it should have been!

Surge applies major brutality and major sorcery
    Power surge. Heals you and your party members for 1/4 the value.
    Crit surge. Heals you for 1/1 of the value.

Problem solved.

Second this nb fail...

Drain Power
    The damage caused by Drain Power no longer scales with the number of targets hit. Instead, you will receive a Major Brutality buff when damaging at least one target.
    Power Extraction (morph): This ability now scales off weapon damage and stamina instead of magicka and spell damage. The damage has also been increased by 10%.
    Sap Essence (morph): This ability now grants you the Major Spell Power buff.

Magicka build. Nerf to original spell. Why is a spell that scales from magicka getting a weapon damage buff? Makes no sense at all. Only one morph to choose from and only takes the spell to the equivalent original spell for stamina builds.

Stamina build. Better original spell, better morph. Wtf.

How it should have been.

Original spell. Applies minor brutality and minor spell power.
    Power extraction = major brutality
    Sap essence = major spell power

There. Now you have an original spell for hybrids, and a morph for both classes. Simple really.
    Edited by AssaultLemming on January 28, 2015 7:19AM
  • Markuseb17_ESO15
    new game? wow!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

[*] You will now start with a two handed sword.

Why? Why do you insist on doing this, Zenimax?? There is no fighting just outside your cell anway, what was so bad with picking THE WEAPON OF YOUR CHOICE from a forge rather than being forced to use a weapon style you might never intend to use?? PLEASE, reconsider this! You should rather bring back the forge that was in the open betas, where you had racks where you could chose one of each type of weapon! And maybe have armour racks in addition.

15 agrees. That says it all.
    • HeroOfEvbof
      HeroOfEvbof
      ✭✭✭
      I will play the tutorial with one toon when my character copies are wiped and I need to do a template. This toon will be deleted at the end of the tutorial and no toon will ever play it again. I will soak in any pearls of wisdom from Cadwell but Lyris and the Prophet can go pound sand.
      apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
    • Ladiev
      Ladiev
      ✭✭
      Been semi-throroughly reading the entire novel, following the latest ESO lives, but haven't heard any word on the reason they have increased all statistics into the thousands.
      Anyone able to enlighten me?
    • Islyn
      Islyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ShadowHvo wrote: »
      Noo! Why isn't Concealed Weapon and Killers Blade now stamina based!? Those two would be the most ideal abilities for stamina thieves and assassins! )=

Did I miss something or misread? oh it is killers blade and ambush...
      Edited by Islyn on January 28, 2015 9:23AM
    • Navaya
      Navaya
      ✭✭✭
      Now what is that "berserk" buff they keep mentioning in the NB changes?

There is no berserk in the buff list.

Same for "maim" buff, there is no such buff in the list.

Damage Increase buffs (new)
      Minor Berserk: Increases all damage done by 8%.
      Major Berserk: Increases all damage done by 25%.
    • runagate
      runagate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Interesting that VR 13 blue items drop off trash mobs in Craglorn.

It now makes much more sense to use swords for crit surge (based on testing) to get that healing tick bigger, as you're going to need it with the extremely stupid 1 second cooldown; doesn't make up for the catastrophic nerf, but it helps some, and this is after testing this out with every conceivable Champion point (23 in each of 3 groups) sunk into the most helpful skills.

The alchemy writ still seems the same, the reward is still too small and doesn't give the mats necessary for endgame (SO, vDSA) sufficient for one character (luckily I have 4 with maxed hirelings who do this Writ every day). Still the best Writ/Survey cost/benefit ratio of all of them, though.

The Enchanter writs didn't give me a survey to test.

The provisioning writ is as unfocused still, vomiting nearly worthless mats as a reward of every conceivable type instead of food ones, which is still all anyone will ever, ever use (why on Nirn would one trade regeneration for avoiding being 1-shot by boss mobs?). The VR 10 food is a nice touch. A new (to me) recipe dropped as a reward, which had never happened on my VR 14 toons, even though my lowbie toon gets all sorts of rare recipes all the time.

My siphoning Nighblade could take overworld boss mobs in Craglorn without trouble after spending all those champion points. Nothing seemed appreciably different there, despite the ostensible spell crit lessening.

Didn't get a chance to test the crafting writs aside from the provisioning ones.
    • runagate
      runagate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Ladiev wrote: »
      Been semi-throroughly reading the entire novel, following the latest ESO lives, but haven't heard any word on the reason they have increased all statistics into the thousands.
      Anyone able to enlighten me?

They've stated on several occasions that it was to make the incremental little champion buffs seem more "meaningful" by which they presumably mean visible, as otherwise one couldn't see a 0.7% increase reflected anywhere, but when everything value is multiplied by 10 then you may observe it. Except, of course, that many systems are more opaque and confusing (crit rates, poorly named major and minor buffs one needs a glossary to follow).

It is senseless that there's nowhere to observe the major and minor buffs as a list of active effects like those at the bottom of the "C" character sheet view, nor can on see a list of what one has selected from the Champion points/skills.
    • Islyn
      Islyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Looks like the next month will be me on pts figuring how how to spec my chars now :-P
    • xherics
      xherics
      ✭✭✭
      xherics wrote: »
      ZOS, i have to ASK! Are you joking to NERF to die the SORC class?

Why no healing with spell damage on SURGE? Selfheal only with STAMINA weapon? Spell buff only, when no self-heal? Why? Do you want to delete sorc from the game at all? This change is unacceptable) Sorc was the worse class already, why do you nerfing it more and more and more?
      Until now we had at least self-healing, we were able to solo content, but after this change it will be not possible properly...

Sorc needs to use STAFF for making DPS, STAFF is based on SPELL damage! With this change, SORC HAS NO SELF-HEAL ABILITY!
      And do not mention the cooldown of healing and also crit % nerf... With all of these nerfs, SORC will be weaker than BEFORE!

I can imagine the sorc surge like this, but no other way and I think, everybody can say the same:

Surge = "heal on crit" (without cooldown!) OR "weapon buff AND spell buff"
      Power surge = heal on crit + weapon buff (without cooldown!) - costs stamina
      Spell surge = heal on crit + spell buff (without cooldown!)
      - costs magicka

7wso5szw3oib.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌
      @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
      Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
      Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
      World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
      World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
      Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
      Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
      Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
      19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
    • olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      olsborg wrote: »
      When is char copy coming for EU chars?

We plan on doing the EU character copy the next time we patch PTS. We don't have a date locked down yet, but we'll keep everyone updated.

thank you!

PC EU
      PvP only
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      From the Testing Suggestions and Feedback:
      • Check out the new, larger delves in Glenumbra, Stonefalls, and Auridon.
      @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ is this the same three larger delves from Update 5, or are there more now? No delve updates are mentioned in the Patch Notes.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    • Anazasi
      Anazasi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Templar Ability Change Request.
      Purifying Light: The heal that is dropped on the group after the effect ends needs to be larger than the 1 meter radius. Please increase this healing pool to at least the 5 meter radius, similar to the size of the Templar rune focus. Its just too small to be effective.
    • AngryNord
      AngryNord
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      olsborg wrote: »
      When is char copy coming for EU chars?

We plan on doing the EU character copy the next time we patch PTS. We don't have a date locked down yet, but we'll keep everyone updated.

Previously you said 1-2 weeks... So I Guess there's no point in expecting an EU transfer before it goes live then.