Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Patch Notes v1.6

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did i read that correctly or did they just destroy cinder storm...
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Radiant Destruction is hitting for upwards of 14k in Cyrodiil. That means 5 seconds is long enough to kill anyone but a tank, just by pressing the same button twice.

SERIOUS nerf needed.

Biting Jabs also should have the 60% increase reverted, as its also (but not equally) OP
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biting Jabs is so not OP, it just got made into a useful class skill is all. Damn thing is a massive boon to my DPS rotation now, actually better than Blazing Spear.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mithe wrote: »
    Radiant Destruction is hitting for upwards of 14k in Cyrodiil. That means 5 seconds is long enough to kill anyone but a tank, just by pressing the same button twice.

SERIOUS nerf needed.

Biting Jabs also should have the 60% increase reverted, as its also (but not equally) OP

Biting jabs is easy to avoid you just stay out of the frontal arc. 14k seems high have you got a screen shot? Are you a vampire?

The other thing to remember is that radiant is a channelled ability so a simple interrupt when you see the beam starting is all you need to do.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question on horses:
    My main has two horses. One horse was fed to Max Capacity. My other horse cost 47k and came with +10 Capacity

However, my combined skill on PTS is only 50. I have basically lost a considerable amount of dough. Did I spend 47k and have a just a skin to show for it?

Yes. Yes you did. All horses are created equal. All are only skins, max riding skill in each category is 60, but it only takes the highest rank in all stats (without bonus) and applies it to you.
    It's a bit of a pain to find out that that 47k is essentially wasted. I think it would have worked better if the 60s in each category were locked out until you buy the relevant horse; ie, you need to buy the Light Horse to unlock the last 10 spaces of speed (meaning, if you had never bought a Light Horse, your max possible speed would be 50).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Question on horses:
    My main has two horses. One horse was fed to Max Capacity. My other horse cost 47k and came with +10 Capacity

However, my combined skill on PTS is only 50. I have basically lost a considerable amount of dough. Did I spend 47k and have a just a skin to show for it?

Yes. Yes you did. All horses are created equal. All are only skins, max riding skill in each category is 60, but it only takes the highest rank in all stats (without bonus) and applies it to you.
    It's a bit of a pain to find out that that 47k is essentially wasted. I think it would have worked better if the 60s in each category were locked out until you buy the relevant horse; ie, you need to buy the Light Horse to unlock the last 10 spaces of speed (meaning, if you had never bought a Light Horse, your max possible speed would be 50).

Once again early adopters are being punished...or rather we pay price for testing ESO for console release.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Surge
    • This ability now applies the Major Brutality buff.
    • Power Surge: This ability now applies the Major Brutality and Major Sorcery buffs.
    • Critical Surge: This ability now has a one second cooldown on the heal.
    [/list]
    [*] Passives
    • Dark Magic
      • Exploitation: This passive now provides nearby allies with the Minor Prophecy buff for 15 seconds at Rank I, and 30 second at Rank II.
    [/list]

How does it work? Only on the Highest Crit during the proc or what every crit happened? I also heard you said your making the heal baseline and what about crystal shards? Wasn't it getting an AoE boost? Could be wrong on that.

Lastly why is light armor completely useless for PvP now? You need to add a spell power increase for each piece equipped because I don't see many wearing that when Heavy armor will completely absorb everything being thrown at it.
  • Suntzu1414
    runagate wrote: »
    Why was the burning spellweave set turned into a garbage set. The spell crit was changed to weapon crit.

Whereas the Undaunted Unweaver set now gives
    2 pieces - 900 stamina
    3 pieces - 900 stamina
    4 pieces - 52% spell critical
    5 pieces - after casting an ability that costs stamina, light attacks deal an additional 720 damage and heavy attacks deal an additional 1080 damage for 10 seconds

Covenant Signet's deadly strike adds 16% weapon critical

Whereas Night Mother's Gaze adds 49% weapon/49% spell/49% weapon critical for the 2, 3, and 4 piece Set bonus, as do many other similar items (when not worn, these are on a bank mule, looking at the tooltips)

Whereas on my stamina sorc the Venomous Serpent Set gave a 1% weapon critical bonus for the 2 piece bonus, as did the Viper's Sting Set

Methinks someone the Itemization and Gameplay team made some typos and no one caught them, as these numbers are wildly off any possible intentional bonuses.

There is something amiss with Night Mothers and Other "Weapon Crit" sets.

"It appears"They have been nerfed to the ground (providing 1% weapon crit...for 2 and 4 pieces ...come on..)

The bump provide by the new champion system, is a demising returns system(in regards to weapon crit..). So i don't see the need for this "scorch earth nerf".

Please take a look at these sets. If you want people using STAM, we need more Weapon Crit Sets, and... more specifically... more useful Stam/Crit sets.

Kill Well
    ST

DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »
    There is something amiss with Night Mothers and Other "Weapon Crit" sets.

Spell Crit sets too.

+0%, +1% or +2% individual boosts are all I've seen on sets like Soulshine, NightMother, Aether, Twilights etc

Edited by Fruity_Ninja on January 29, 2015 11:28AM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why does food and drink still not stack? I thought it was supposed to stack after the provisioning update.
    :trollin:
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple request for Mods....when you update the patch notes (add, delete, correct, etc) could you please put the changes in a different font color so it it easier to tell what has changed instead of reading all the patch notes again.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone tested this scenario for the justice system?
    * Person 1: Cast Rapid Regeneration, Grand Healing, Molten Weapons, etc. any buff that affect persons nearby, thus affecting Person 2
    * Person 1 then goes to commit a crime -> attack a guard, or kill an NPC before the effect on casted above wears off.
    * What happens to Person 2?
    * What happens if Person 2 attacks/kills instead?

If anyone knows the answer, I'll be interested to hear it... I wont be able to jump on PTS for 12 more hours :(

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Clarification
    Edited by leeux on January 29, 2015 5:49PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does food and drink still not stack? I thought it was supposed to stack after the provisioning update.

No, they changed their minds.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

i wonder why? there is so much cash shop potential here...
  • mauritius.krebsb16_ESO
    earthen heart skill line seems to be pretty terrible now due to molten weapons/ash cloud changes, the only usable skill apart from the ultimate seems to be igneous shield now. oh well, seems like i can ignore that line now except for 2 points in battle roar.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Amazing, but theres one problem i have, that being the colors are less shiny, which is fine adn i personally wanted it to happen, but certain colors such as DAEDRIC RED (my absolute favorite dye) have become completely wasted and dry, it looks like a more reddish/browninsh/purplish versio of soulshrven grey, and a bit darker, not something id spend 12 hours grinding for nor would consider a rare color, please try to make these colors, i do not know the rest, better so they don't go unused and unapreciated.
    Can you attach a screenshot and let us know which armor set you're using?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    How does it work? Only on the Highest Crit during the proc or what every crit happened? I also heard you said your making the heal baseline and what about crystal shards? Wasn't it getting an AoE boost? Could be wrong on that.

Such effects will typically trigger on the very first hit, and then no longer trigger for their cooldown, no matter how high/low other hits are.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are pretty good in this update what are you whining
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    Bouvin wrote: »

i wonder why? there is so much cash shop potential here...
    That doesn't even make sense.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is shield stacking still a thing?
    PC EU
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a few buffs listed which no ability/passive provides. What's going on with that?
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allegedly not, but don't fret, block casting is still around.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep playing around with the changes and one thing that still bothers me to no end is the AI. It's just awful. The NPCs still act very predictably and offer no real challenge. About the only thing that is "challenging" now is that you still can't attack a single enemy in Craglorn without a dozen of their friends helping. Linked encounters, really ZOS? That's just lazy.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    How does it work? Only on the Highest Crit during the proc or what every crit happened?

It's on any crit, so you can potentially waste it on tiny DoT ticks. There's a screenshot floating around of that happening.

I'm pretty sure crit surge won't make it to live in it's current PTS state. If the cooldown was added to deal with the new AOE then it can be limited to one proc no matter how many targets are hit instead of having a cooldown that renders it pretty much useless for healing.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno - how many pages in Word did this wind up being at the end, and how many times did Word crash while compiling these notes?
    67 pages, and one crash. :sweat_smile:

It was said a while back that there would be a cap of 1200 Champion Points so that way you had to make choices about what you wanted out of the 3600 choices. Is this still the case? I cant find this listed anywhere. if there is no cap and everyone can max everything then everyone will just be the exact same in the end...
  • evan.pardoub17_ESO
    I am a big fan of this update. I do have a questions about sorcerer pets. They taunt if you are "the only target on their hate list." This is, as far as I can tell, the only reference to hate lists in ESO that I can find online. My question is, if you are in a party, does taunting the enemy make you the only person on the hate list? This could have some interesting sorc tank build implications.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can't find anything on it in the patch notes or weapon buffs, do they still stack?
    PC EU
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you got it wrong.

Shield stacking is actually working better IMO.

Blocking has a much higher cost now, so block casting doesn't work nearly as well.

I testing this by going into Crypts Group Dungeon in Cyrodil. I grind this easily on live (can even do the ancient chest solo), but on 1.6 with the same build it wasn't going to well. My stamina was dropping insanely fast.

However, shields seem to give a lot bigger boost.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few buffs listed which no ability/passive provides. What's going on with that?
    Which ones?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get haste back... the assasins-will skill is very dissapointing. 5-6k dmg but it's not worth using all basic attacks 8x for that long to proc a skill that might not even be available during the fight is useless. Plus 5-6k dmg isnt that much, with the new numbers now. Most people would rather have 30% atk speed any day vs this. Now there is zero speed atk boost for nightblades, isn't a rouge suppose to be fast instead of pulling magical bows out of their who knows where. This change is defintely for the worse and is a dissapointment that seems unecessary.