The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(*100% FIXED tested)Zenimax's Solution to Patch fix. (GM posted) [ error 209 ]

• forexownsvuct
    forexownsvuct
    ✭✭
    Updated first post due to rants.
  • lee.vanderlipub17_ESO
    Zenimax, can you just patch the launcher please... This is freaking ridiculous that YOUR PATCH messed up the damn launcher and now people have to go to this length to get YOUR GAME working...
  • forexownsvuct
    forexownsvuct
    ✭✭
    Very true.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I retored all files to original locations
    relaunched (as administrator) got same error > re-ran the client adviser > ran tests > applied
    closed ALL ESO windows <<< this was key
    relaunched (as administrator) > no errors

now login time out... but hope this was helpful
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • DiceKnight
    DiceKnight
    Soul Shriven
    It took me a few tries, but this worked for me, too. Thanks!
  • tdgeddesub17_ESO
    Check the version on the bottom of the login screen. I am getting eso.live.1.0.0.9*

I was under the impression that it is 1.0.3
    Edited by tdgeddesub17_ESO on April 15, 2014 9:44PM
  • Brimsurfer
    Brimsurfer
    ✭✭
    Didn't work for me. Did exactly as the OP said. Deleted all 4 .version files then restarted the launcher but it didn't abort for me like it did for the OP, instead it started to downloading the whole 23 GBs of the game again.

Still getting Error 209: Patching Manifest Error!!!
  • Yam_of_the_Center
    Yam_of_the_Center
    ✭✭✭
    Check the version on the bottom of the login screen. I am getting eso.live.1.0.0.9*

I was under the impression that it is 1.0.3
    Same here, that's why I was wondering just the same thing.

He will bring life to the dead, hope to the living, and for him the Gate will open.
    The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the finest Elder Scrolls resource around!
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sure OP is doing a nice thing, but if you download files not from official sources, don't cry when you get hacked. This is exactly why this sort of file sharing is against all online game tos.
    Edited by Etchesketch on April 15, 2014 9:47PM
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • RipperMcGee
    Followed steps. Didn't work. Upon restoring the files, I still got the 209.

Earlier this afternoon, I was able to get in after running the consultant, but now i can't get in at all.
  • forexownsvuct
    forexownsvuct
    ✭✭
    I am sure OP is doing a nice thing, but if you download files not from official sources, don't cry when you get hacked. This is exactly why this sort of file sharing is against all online game tos.

True, but honestly hosting a virus on a popular post like this is suicide.
    but still download at your own risk
  • Brimsurfer
    Brimsurfer
    ✭✭
    For me it was downloading the whole game all over again. So I cancelled it and restored all the files again.
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Updated first post due to rants.

Might link to my post also. As an alternative to try also. It worked for me.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/640916/#Comment_640916
  •  PixelPixi
    Please before you do what this says, attempt to run the game in Admin. If your on Windows 8 Also unpin the game from your taskbar, and close steam if it is open if it persists. Their fix will force you to re install the entire game and may not fix it for you.

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly for me <3
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me running the game consultant & re-apply the server (NA or EU) then doing Repair finally worked for me (even though I already had NA selected).
  • Egdod
    Egdod
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Close launcher
    2. rename .version files to .version.bak
    3. start launcher
    4. exit launcher
    5. .rename version.bak to .version
    6. start launcher and play game

At no point did I say click on Install game. DO NOT click on install game

Edited by Egdod on April 15, 2014 10:06PM
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm HELLO! I should not have to do that....
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't worked for me, sadly.

Not quite sure how letting it redownload launcher so it should be up to date, then doing a repair of the files doesn't get the client to update to latest version.

Ah well, getting late here, so bed and hope there is a fix tomorrow.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In decades of online gaming

this part is obviously a lie or you have an extremely poor memory
  • nickroc
    nickroc
    ✭✭
    still getting 209.
    Error 301: You purchased The Elder Scrolls Online
  • fenris4024
    I'm just doing a fresh install from my physical disks, since somewhere along the lines (possibly during one fo the thousands of repairs I tried) it seems to have more or less deleted my game DATA, not just the .version stuff. I'll post and see if THIS works. I know many of you don't have the physical game DvDs, but it might help those that do...
  • Brimsurfer
    Brimsurfer
    ✭✭
    Egdod wrote: »
    1. Close launcher
    2. rename .version files to .version.bak
    3. start launcher
    4. exit launcher
    5. .rename version.bak to .version
    6. start launcher and play game

At no point did I say click on Install game. DO NOT click on install game

At your step no.3 when you start the launcher it automatically starts to verify and then begin to download the whole game, you don't have to **click** anything to do it, it automatically does it.

Please don't tell people wrong info, it might mess up their whole installation.
    Edited by Brimsurfer on April 15, 2014 10:13PM
  • Kanedo
    Kanedo
    my game just flat out dont even patch.. hello! Zeni.. anybody there...
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, if this was actually posted by a GM, why didn't the OP include a link to the GM post. Never ever follow advice like this unless it comes from a Zenimax account.

It was from this post.

Ah, thanks! That is legit, and you can go ahead and follow the steps given there.

Thanks for checking. My apologizes to the OP, if you were offended.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Temotep
    Temotep
    Ran as "Admin" in windows 8, worked perfect.....no further issues.
  • Brimsurfer
    Brimsurfer
    ✭✭
    Well its not working here, followed all the steps exactly, at step no. 3 it automatically starts to download the whole game after completing verification.
  • Beast
    Beast
    I just want to point out that I tried the deleting and restoring version files, and while it did let the play button pop it. It isn't fixing or patching anything. The game did not patch and is still the old version. Once exiting the game, I receive the version error again. Not worth doing this, you might as well just launch the game bypassing the launcher if you are going to do this.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should try this only after attempting a few "repair" and that "game consultant" noted above. If you suck with computers then you need to call Zenimax and TS with them over the phone. I do not recommend doing this on your own unless you are comfortable with computers and also good at adapting fixes you find online.
  • Greatot
    Greatot
    Here's what fixed it for me. (Playing right now)

1.) Close the launcher

2.) Wait for it to patch.

3.) It will start downloading some 900mb

4.) The error is gone and you can play now.
  • jhjohnson83prerb18_ESO
    This got the patch downloading for me too