Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    Bear we me on this... what if you view the image in 3 dimensions rather then a flat image?

pe7dud4o342h.png

Fargrave is called the Celestial Palanquin; which is just a fancy way of calling it a conduit, or transport vessel. If you stand everything up, it looks like sides of the inner circle form the side of a carriage. The 4 trees also take place as palanquin carriers, one at each post (4 seasons?). And at either end there are the Fargrave portals, connected to two Daedric Lords at one end. At the sides of the palanquin are Skingrad and the Mage's Guild; observers connected to the Falinesti, referenced by the seasonal trees and Valenwood.

It seems like some sort of conduit between Mephala and Hermaeus Mora are going to use Falinesti as a conduit to attack the other side. And Skingrad and the Mage's Guild caught between, possibly trying to stop it having sway over the Falinesti in Tamriel, that prop up the Fargrave conduit.

I just wish I could figure out the other 2 symbols. I KNOW I've seen the spade shaped, lattice symbol somewhere...

the lamp is likely The Order of the Lamp, Mages Guild's knightly order.
    and the other symbol the Ayleid life tree.
    faoytkh4o26c.jpg
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Bear we me on this... what if you view the image in 3 dimensions rather then a flat image?

pe7dud4o342h.png

Fargrave is called the Celestial Palanquin; which is just a fancy way of calling it a conduit, or transport vessel. If you stand everything up, it looks like sides of the inner circle form the side of a carriage. The 4 trees also take place as palanquin carriers, one at each post (4 seasons?). And at either end there are the Fargrave portals, connected to two Daedric Lords at one end. At the sides of the palanquin are Skingrad and the Mage's Guild; observers connected to the Falinesti, referenced by the seasonal trees and Valenwood.

It seems like some sort of conduit between Mephala and Hermaeus Mora are going to use Falinesti as a conduit to attack the other side. And Skingrad and the Mage's Guild caught between, possibly trying to stop it having sway over the Falinesti in Tamriel, that prop up the Fargrave conduit.

I just wish I could figure out the other 2 symbols. I KNOW I've seen the spade shaped, lattice symbol somewhere...

faoytkh4o26c.jpg

I don't think it's a tree, nor is it even the same shape as the Ayleid tree.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    Off topic

I know I'm still considered a new ESO player so everyone else probably knows this.....

However, I couldn't help but wonder why certain individuals, receive such packages while others do not. I mean Is there a specific criteria or selection process in place? Personally..I would love to see how these promotional materials are distributed..... many of us are equally passionate about the game and I'm sure we would appreciate the chance to be part of experiences like that...

I agree as I am also a newer player. I'm wondering the same thing... Why can't random players recieve special eso packages and letters instead of a very specific small few?

Even know I am not a content creator, livestreamer, or very popular, I would like to be a part of this experience too.

Because they didn't do any job that would benefit publicity of the game. That very specific small few sometimes worked years to be where they're at now. These letters are type of reward for their succesfull job and efforts.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faoytkh4o26c.jpg

Possibly significant that the letter exhorts the player not to get distracted by Aylid ruins: if there is in fact an Aylid connection, then there might also me a 'would be emperor' involved and the mention of Evili could point to her presence in the story rather than her absence.

Edited by Muizer on January 10, 2024 5:09PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    The neck collar, which was first interpreted as a musical instrument, is reminiscent of the neck collars worn by some Golden Saints. We meet them in Fargrave, but where do we meet them too? On the Shivering Isles of course! And if we go to Skingrad, it's not far to Bravil, where we know there is a portal (or will be one time)...

wjt23rp4bk7f.jpg

Fun fact Bravil is already in the game. Years ago You could even visit it but now game will just port You out to the base when You reach the shore. Lore wise I think city is now almost empty after Captain Jena Apinia aka "butcher of Bravil" wiped out majority of population and stole city's resources which were small anyway due to a war.
    Edited by Galeriano on January 10, 2024 5:18PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pe7dud4o342h.png

faoytkh4o26c.jpg

I don't think it's a tree, nor is it even the same shape as the Ayleid tree.

I’m not sure. The symbol looks Saliache to me (and I must confess that I wish it to be), but there are significant differences from any symbol or design I have actually seen. In contrast, the symbols for Skingrad and the Order of the Lamp are very clear.

Then there’s the symbol that could be Mephala’s crown. It would be unusual I think for her to be referenced by something other than a spider, but here Hermeaus Mora is depicted by a more literal eye rather his usual symbol. And I have not seen anything the symbol seems more likely to be.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not convinced that there is a "Mage's Guild" emblem in that circle.

While it resembles the accepted Mage's Guild emblem, there are enough differences to make me question that guess. The image includes wings and tail feathers. It is more like the eye of a bird than the eye used for Mage's Guild. I don't know any time where the eye of a bird was associated with the Mage's Guild. An eye, yes, but not with wings and a tail. So, if it is, it is definitely new lore.

I am also not convinced that the lantern is "Order of the Lamp". I might accept the idea that the eye is Mage's Guild, but if I do that, then the lantern should be something other than Mage's Guild related. True, they work side by side, and that is how they appear in the circle, but giving them a separate tile is giving up a lot of room to the Mage's Guild.

The split down the middle is obviously important, and my focus over the last few hours has been more on positioning of the blue sections. They exist in two groups, and each one has an opposing image on the other side. I don't know if these reference opposing forces, or teams, but it might.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a representation of a prison in my opinion. The blue symbols represent different Deadric Princes, the tree is obvious, the central area is Ithelia. I don’t think she was fully erased, just the memory of her. I wager she was locked up first through a coalition of Daedric Princes… maybe including Molag Bal. He did say that one day we would need to work with him. It would make sense for the prince of domination to help make a prison.
    Alternatively the central bit could represent Kyne. It looks very icy.

Although yeah Skingrad, Order of Lamp do look pretty obvious.

Could be way off mind 😂.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on January 10, 2024 5:50PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a representation of a prison in my opinion.

Interesting theory if we consider that Ithelia is represented by the middle, with the only access from Fargrave.
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

While it resembles the accepted Mage's Guild emblem, there are enough differences to make me question that guess. The image includes wings and tail feathers. It is more like the eye of a bird than the eye used for Mage's Guild. I don't know any time where the eye of a bird was associated with the Mage's Guild. An eye, yes, but not with wings and a tail. So, if it is, it is definitely new lore.

I am also not convinced that the lantern is "Order of the Lamp". I might accept the idea that the eye is Mage's Guild, but if I do that, then the lantern should be something other than Mage's Guild related. True, they work side by side, and that is how they appear in the circle, but giving them a separate tile is giving up a lot of room to the Mage's Guild.

The split down the middle is obviously important, and my focus over the last few hours has been more on positioning of the blue sections. They exist in two groups, and each one has an opposing image on the other side. I don't know if these reference opposing forces, or teams, but it might.

ndl8wf1r2zi8.pngm7hglti5pu7x.png

I do agree that the Mages Guild symbol isn't 100% similar. There seems to be a slight variation, with the Wings and Tail feathers. However, I am convinced that it is similar ENOUGH to imply a Mage's Guild relation. It's not just the half closed Eye, there's also the 4 point circle that encompasses the half closed Eye. Perhaps some sort of Bosmeri specific sect? Mage's Guild sub-group taking point on this crisis?

I'm also not convinced however about the "Order of the Lamp". Since I accept the other symbol as Mage's Guild, It strikes me as weird for there to be two symbols then. What other correlation is there to the Order of the Lamp other then "the symbol is a lamp"?

To me, I see three related groups: The right 2 Daedric Lord references (Maphala and Hermaeus Mora), the middle 2 Tamriel "observer" groups (Skingrad and Mage's Guild) in between the trees setting the stage, then the left 2 other group (? and ?). I see the middle as a conduit connecting both left and right, with the conduit being supported/created from the trees that carry the bridge between the left and the right sides. It seems likely to me that the trees imply the four Falinesti sites and that perhaps they are going to be used as portals for the left and right sides to connect.
    Edited by Billium813 on January 10, 2024 6:08PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could the spade-like symbol represent some kind of seed? I agree that it looks Ayleid.
    Muizer wrote: »
    Possibly significant that the letter exhorts the player not to get distracted by Aylid ruins: if there is in fact an Aylid connection, then there might also me a 'would be emperor' involved and the mention of Evili could point to her presence in the story rather than her absence.

I hope not.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree that the Mages Guild symbol isn't 100% similar. There seems to be a slight variation, with the Wings and Tail feathers. However, I am convinced that it is similar ENOUGH to imply a Mage's Guild relation. It's not just the half closed Eye, there's also the 4 point circle that encompasses the half closed Eye. Perhaps some sort of Bosmeri specific sect? Mage's Guild sub-group taking point on this crisis?

The similarity is undeniable, but I still don't think it is THE Mage's Guild. You may be right about a subgroup. What if it is actually the symbol used by the Order of the Lamp? Nothing says they actually have to use a lantern.

"Lantern" = "Order of the Lamp" seems to be forcing the connection, if you ask me. Lanterns can mean a lot of things.
    To me, I see three related groups: The right 2 Daedric Lord references (Maphala and Hermaeus Mora), the middle 2 Tamriel "observer" groups (Skingrad and Mage's Guild) in between the trees setting the stage, then the left 2 other group (? and ?). I see the middle as a conduit connecting both left and right, with the conduit being supported/created from the trees that carry the bridge between the left and the right sides. It seems likely to me that the trees imply the four Falinesti sites and that perhaps they are going to be used as portals for the left and right sides to connect.

Skingrad is a city, so I would not consider "observer". If anything, it is there because it has a stake in the crisis. After that, we have to decide whether it is an organization or a location. If we consider the opposing "Mage's Guild" image to be an organization, then the Skingrad reference could be related to some official organization in the city. On the other hand, if we consider that Skingrad is a location, possible the location in Tamriel where this all goes down, then the "Mage's Guild" should also reference a location. Keeping with the "Mage's Guild" reference, and building on the subgroup, I suggest maybe it is a location within the Mage's Guild that is involved in this. (I won't say Spell Crafting, at this point, but would not rule it out)

The last two symbols have no known symmetry, especially if the lantern is an organization. The Ayleid-ish tree in a bottle with roots might be some organization we have heard of but not seen their emblem, much like the Order of the Lamp.

Edit to add: I also wonder if we are playing "Clue"... So-and-so in the place with the weapon. One such path on each side.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 10, 2024 7:01PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    The pieces are falling into place. Do you see what we see?
    https://x.com/TESOnline/status/1745158569383666154?s=20
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 10, 2024 7:07PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    q3m4z5p9v3al.png
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    The pieces are falling into place. Do you see what we see?
    https://x.com/TESOnline/status/1745158569383666154?s=20

Fragrave is the portal to the 2 daedric planes of oblivion we’re going to be traveling too. I would assume wherever we go probably skingrad or valen wood or both that is going to be some internal conflict that wants to cause total destruction of nirn to take control. My best guess.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    q3m4z5p9v3al.png

So shiny. Gimme the big shiny.

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing to see the full thing.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elsonso Thanks for screenshotting!

I'm wondering if the shape of those "electric" lines below the emblem are arbitrary, or is that some kind of map?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    q3m4z5p9v3al.png

You aren’t an important streamer or content creator so no. Pretty much how we all feel non existent to their community unless we pull them in some money.

I know, just funny to say.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    @Elsonso Thanks for screenshotting!

I'm wondering if the shape of those "electric" lines below the emblem are arbitrary, or is that some kind of map?

The Tweet is animated, and the image I posted is a still from half way though.

The outside rim is has a gold "electric" ring around it.
    The inside has a blue "electric" ring, like a containment.

The center area does look a lot like a "prison", as suggested by @MindOfTheSwarm
    Edited by Elsonso on January 10, 2024 7:27PM
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    q3m4z5p9v3al.png

You aren’t an important streamer or content creator so no. Pretty much how we all feel non existent to their community unless we pull them in some money.

I agree with most of this post. Most of us here feel almost non-existent compared to the content creators and livestreamers. We normal players here have suggestions, information, and feedback about the game too. Yes zos, we exist.
    Edited by wilykcat on January 10, 2024 10:28PM
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The similarity is undeniable, but I still don't think it is THE Mage's Guild. You may be right about a subgroup. What if it is actually the symbol used by the Order of the Lamp? Nothing says they actually have to use a lantern.

I wonder if the Wing and Tail feather part of the Mage's Guild can be found separate elsewhere. Perhaps it's a combination of two groups to form their unique side of the conflict? Like a team up?

Skingrad is a city, so I would not consider "observer". If anything, it is there because it has a stake in the crisis. After that, we have to decide whether it is an organization or a location. If we consider the opposing "Mage's Guild" image to be an organization, then the Skingrad reference could be related to some official organization in the city. On the other hand, if we consider that Skingrad is a location, possible the location in Tamriel where this all goes down, then the "Mage's Guild" should also reference a location. Keeping with the "Mage's Guild" reference, and building on the subgroup, I suggest maybe it is a location within the Mage's Guild that is involved in this. (I won't say Spell Crafting, at this point, but would not rule it out)

Skingrad can totally be an "observer". The people of the region have a stake in the event, perhaps the city officials are involved too. Either way, I see it as encompassing the whole region and everyone involved; a focal point for the rest of Tamriel, the common folk. Perhaps this could also indicate some kind of split between the interests of the City and its people vs The Mage's Guild. Both are involved and maybe working separately to their own interests. It don't see why it can't be a location and a group simultaneously.

The last two symbols have no known symmetry, especially if the lantern is an organization. The Ayleid-ish tree in a bottle with roots might be some organization we have heard of but not seen their emblem, much like the Order of the Lamp.

I know I've seen this symbol somewhere in ESO... maybe in Summerset somewhere?

up19kjgomwae.png
    Edited by Billium813 on January 10, 2024 7:37PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know. I meant these yellow lightning lines from the video:

tspjk0oc6t1x.png

Maybe someone has an idea.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

up19kjgomwae.png

I feel like that's the symbol for Falinesti, and I have seen it somewhere before as well.

This makes me think of Rahjin:

k0ac6vi3mtma.png

Rajhin's Lyre:

84a65wn81jiv.png

I just played through Grahtwood and Rajhin's shadow claims responsibility for removing Falinesti from Nirn. I imagine he would have to be involved in any storyline involving the walking city.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tspjk0oc6t1x.png

I interpreted that as animation to represent bonding the parts together again. Something to keep people from wandering away after 8 seconds or so. :smile:
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wonder if the Wing and Tail feather part of the Mage's Guild can be found separate elsewhere. Perhaps it's a combination of two groups to form their unique side of the conflict? Like a team up?

I keep thinking of last year's Mage Tapestry, Aurbic Phoenix:
    ik9oftvaon9f.jpg

Three notes:
    1. The wings have a fiery look in the tapestry and on the teaser image
    2. It specifically says Mage tapestry, instead of a divine or temple tapestry
    3. The Mages Guild Eye over the Aurbic Phoenix symbol could represent a faction of the Mages Guild focused on matters of the Aurbis, perhaps a realm-surveying one, or one that's lost in another plane.

At this time, this symbol might not be associated with Restoration, since the schools haven't been as widely adopted yet. It obviously screams Akatosh, but the title and imagery (moons, waters of Oblivion, Aetherius), tie it more specifically to Aurbic matters, which we can obviously relate Akatosh to.

It could also relate to phoenix-y things like rebirth, which could apply to restoration or the rebirth of other realms.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put together a reference of all the theories I've seen (and remember) on the forums so we don't repeat ourselves.

Cz1uShc.png

UESP also posted an interpretation.

AYhOo6v.jpg
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • IviRo
    IviRo
    ✭✭

tspjk0oc6t1x.png

Meridia
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    So Uncle Sheo took Falinesti? Well, he took Eyevea, so why not Falinesti, too? /rubbingchin

Are you from the future?
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on January 10, 2024 8:21PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Converted it to a gif.
    eixbb82q7u29.gif