Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Since we're discussing the origins of the staff in the video, I thought we might glean some clue as to where it comes from if we examine the glowing symbols along the length of it's handle. They flare a bluish "Ayleid" color when the staff is activated. The symbols look familiar to me, yet I can't quite put my finger on where we've seen them before.
    Our scary friend here, ready for his close up:

That's not the staff - not the one I meant at least. The Daedra (is it okay to mention his name or would that be a spoiler? I might just call him Rumpelstiltskin instead)... So, yeah, Rumpelstiltskin seems to carry some flaming Daedric staff. Upper part with all those spikes looks very Daedric to me.

But the one I meant was the staff the "heroes" are carrying. At first, I wasn't sure if it could be Ayleid, because it looked quite bulky to me, but then, it doesn't look too far off if I look at the columns of the Ayleid ruin in the video. Of course, also the golden glow is interesting. Might be something related to Meridia who was worshipped by Ayleids?

Or maybe it's totally different and they're going to throw a bit CWC/Sotha Sil/Coldharbour Compact in. Style looks a bit Dwemer-ish, to be honest, but there are no Dwemer ruins in Colovia. Sil would be someone who might have special knowledge about the nature of Daedra, though - having made arragements with them and all that. So he might also know what to do with Rumpelstiltskin's mistress.

I could be totally wrong, but I do think it's the same staff- forgive the awful composite image, but here is a comparison between the two.

The staff Rumpelstiltskin (I got a good laugh out of that XD) is carrying seems to have the same golden "V" shape where the top of the staff meets the handle. It's obscured by the light pouring out of it, but it looks pretty similar. From what I can see of the symbols on the side of the staff the Heroes are carrying, they seem to be the same.

Again I could be wrong, but this is what I observed:

Good ole' Rumples is on the left, Heroes on the right:
    OhMP05U.jpg[img][/img]

You were right, definitely the same staff. Well spotted!
    PS4 EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Since we're discussing the origins of the staff in the video, I thought we might glean some clue as to where it comes from if we examine the glowing symbols along the length of it's handle. They flare a bluish "Ayleid" color when the staff is activated. The symbols look familiar to me, yet I can't quite put my finger on where we've seen them before.
    Our scary friend here, ready for his close up:

That's not the staff - not the one I meant at least. The Daedra (is it okay to mention his name or would that be a spoiler? I might just call him Rumpelstiltskin instead)... So, yeah, Rumpelstiltskin seems to carry some flaming Daedric staff. Upper part with all those spikes looks very Daedric to me.

But the one I meant was the staff the "heroes" are carrying. At first, I wasn't sure if it could be Ayleid, because it looked quite bulky to me, but then, it doesn't look too far off if I look at the columns of the Ayleid ruin in the video. Of course, also the golden glow is interesting. Might be something related to Meridia who was worshipped by Ayleids?

Or maybe it's totally different and they're going to throw a bit CWC/Sotha Sil/Coldharbour Compact in. Style looks a bit Dwemer-ish, to be honest, but there are no Dwemer ruins in Colovia. Sil would be someone who might have special knowledge about the nature of Daedra, though - having made arragements with them and all that. So he might also know what to do with Rumpelstiltskin's mistress.

I could be totally wrong, but I do think it's the same staff- forgive the awful composite image, but here is a comparison between the two.

The staff Rumpelstiltskin (I got a good laugh out of that XD) is carrying seems to have the same golden "V" shape where the top of the staff meets the handle. It's obscured by the light pouring out of it, but it looks pretty similar. From what I can see of the symbols on the side of the staff the Heroes are carrying, they seem to be the same.

Again I could be wrong, but this is what I observed:

Good ole' Rumples is on the left, Heroes on the right:
    OhMP05U.jpg[img][/img]

You were right, definitely the same staff. Well spotted!

I thought Rumpelstiltskin stole the staff from the heroes while they were fighting on the ledge.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I thought Rumpelstiltskin stole the staff from the heroes while they were fighting on the ledge.

It was cut in the first short trailer they published a few days ago.

In general, I think the trailer was okay (except for the roaring, maybe :D ). Definitively better than last year's with derpmer girl and moustache man.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, multiple worlds was kind of sort of confirmed, right???? :D:D:D
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Yeah, Imperial and Bosmer :p
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not going to lie it actually looks like a good chapter despite how I feel about Imperial and Bosmer. That’s a pretty good job on ZOS. I was wrong about it. Still not sure I’ll be buying it but I am excited to learn more.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a little sad it seems like we’re not getting Falinesti yet after all. 😟
    They are for sure more attentive than Naryu, and they also had a better fashion sense - if they'd wear any clothes. Also, they probably smell better.

Okay, now I want to see armor, jewelry, etc. for Watchers and their kin. (Ogrim and Daedroth get armor, after all!) At the very least they could wear bangles on their tentacles, or maybe something like a wrist-mounted blade on the ends. Maybe goggles to enhance their eye beams/protect their eyes.

(See Mora, if you’d kitted out your minions better you could’ve beat off those invaders and you wouldn’t have to deal with Ithelia now!)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Imperial and Bosmer :p

I like how you think, Syldras :D
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a little sad it seems like we’re not getting Falinesti yet after all. 😟
    They are for sure more attentive than Naryu, and they also had a better fashion sense - if they'd wear any clothes. Also, they probably smell better.

Okay, now I want to see armor, jewelry, etc. for Watchers and their kin. (Ogrim and Daedroth get armor, after all!) At the very least they could wear bangles on their tentacles, or maybe something like a wrist-mounted blade on the ends. Maybe goggles to enhance their eye beams/protect their eyes.

(See Mora, if you’d kitted out your minions better you could’ve beat off those invaders and you wouldn’t have to deal with Ithelia now!)

I am also sad that we are not getting Falinesti. RIP the Walking City. May you rest in peace. :'(

Also, we need a watcher that wears a monocle and carries a cane. For reasons. Very important reasons.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, we need a watcher that wears a monocle and carries a cane. For reasons. Very important reasons.

This one:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Gazmod_the_Collector
    He owns a huge villa and basically a private zoo, so he should also wear fine clothes.
    Unless he prefers to float around naked. It's his private home, after all!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are describing Mr Peanut, so what is this very important reason for him to be in the game? :smiley:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are describing Mr Peanut, so what is this very important reason for him to be in the game? :smiley:

When did he grow tentacles? Also, my first thought was Mr. Monopoly. (Now I want to throw "Mr. Monopoly as a floating eyeball surrounded by a dozen of tentacles" or something like that into an AI generator, but I'm a little afraid of the results).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When did he grow tentacles? Also, my first thought was Mr. Monopoly. (Now I want to throw "Mr. Monopoly as a floating eyeball surrounded by a dozen of tentacles" or something like that into an AI generator, but I'm a little afraid of the results).

Do it!!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Do it!!

Not quite what I expected:

yw1rHiq0vSjYKg7rmFLj--1--rpmhj.jpg

Uhm...

02azdFdo3CjEn8j4o6s5--1--uhp77.jpg

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

....What, so "having Mr. Peanut (but with tentacles) in ESO" isn't a good enough reason in and of itself?

You disappoint me, Elsonso. Tsk tsk. :D