Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    The blue center image if you cut it in half horizontally you can see that there is enough differences that it is not a top and bottom mirror image

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

I see the apparent face but it is mirrored — you’ll see the same if you flip the image vertically.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The blue center image if you cut it in half horizontally you can see that there is enough differences that it is not a top and bottom mirror image

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

I see the apparent face but it is mirrored — you’ll see the same if you flip the image vertically.

Not really, it still sort of looks like a face but not quite the same, it looks more like a face when it's oriented as in the video.

Can't wait for the reveal next week! /hype
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

Looks like my dad and or a mad nixad.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the bearded face belongs to Shalidor. Even if he's not the only bearded guy... :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

I'm in bed, stop trying to fuel a nightmare.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be so cool to fight Vanus' evil twin??!!

Does he have a moustache or an eyepatch so we can distinguish him from the good one? Not that I - accidentally - kill the wrong one.
    And yeah! I would LOVE if some of the dungeons released this year were, in fact, places we've been before (but their alternate reality versions!). Like how about an alternate reality version of Grahtwood as a dungeon? Maybe everything is on fire because Mehrunes Dagon managed to destroy most of Valenwood due to the Tribunal being unable to stop him??
    Maybe the planemeld actually managed to be successful?? So many possibilities!! :):)

Indeed, so many possibilities. I'm not sure though how creative they'll get, so I better keep my expectations low not to be disappointed in the end.
    lillybit wrote: »
    I7pIaGv.jpg

Oh! If you zoom in that's a face in the middle!

Pareidolia?

If not, maybe someone from Bosmer myths/religion?

Edited by Syldras on January 11, 2024 8:53AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    This makes me think of Rahjin:

k0ac6vi3mtma.png

The crescent is worn by The Mane and his Speaker in Elsweyr. It's also utilized by the Dro-m'Athra on their weapons and armor. The Khajiiti symbolism could extend to Rajhin as well.

ON-trailer-Dro-m%27Athra.jpg
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

k0ac6vi3mtma.png

The crescent is worn by The Mane and his Speaker in Elsweyr. It's also utilized by the Dro-m'Athra on their weapons and armor. The Khajiiti symbolism could extend to Rajhin as well.

It's not the same, the one there is a double crescent for the two moons.

It most reminds me of an amulet, with the squiggly line in the middle the chain

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

It's not quite mirrored although it's been made close. If you look at the very centre there's a definite suggestion of a nose that isn't there reversed
    PS4 EU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    There are exactly 16 leaves along with the fragment and the letter, four each of four color schemes. They range from dark yellow with a red tinge on the edges to full deep red, as can be seen at the link in the OP.

I'm not sure if there's any significance to the number (although it nicely fits the four trees) or to the deepening red (aside from reinforcing the suggestion of autumn).

The number seems to be random.

The number distributed is random, or the number 16 is random?

the number of leaves is definitely random because i have 23 leaves.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are exactly 16 leaves along with the fragment and the letter, four each of four color schemes. They range from dark yellow with a red tinge on the edges to full deep red, as can be seen at the link in the OP.

I'm not sure if there's any significance to the number (although it nicely fits the four trees) or to the deepening red (aside from reinforcing the suggestion of autumn).

Hero of None (via Twitter) got 9. Msradcore (via Twitter) got 20. Lady Ase (via Twitter) got 21, by count in a picture. Someone else got 16 and another got 19, but I don't have those names at hand. I have been watching to see if the number of leaves means anything. It is just random. A handful.
    Syldras wrote: »
    Oh! If you zoom in that's a face in the middle!
    Pareidolia?

Ah yes, the Daedric Prince of Faces. I think that is what it is.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

I can see a little bit of zenithar here :#
    image.png?ex=65b25023&is=659fdb23&hm=951440bffcdf327be2dc8d64219c697e40789edad73482978174fca4e714a904&

And zenithar is associated with a blue star...

Maybe we see deadric prince, guilds, places which where involved with the banning and its like a seal. And now Ithelia is "free" its broken
    Edited by The_Saint on January 11, 2024 1:01PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort of related-A reminder to everyone who sees the new crown store items...Meridia's day of summoning is the 13th. This is not proof or a hint of her role in the upcoming chapter.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

k0ac6vi3mtma.png

It's not the same, the one there is a double crescent for the two moons.

It most reminds me of an amulet, with the squiggly line in the middle the chain

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

It's not quite mirrored although it's been made close. If you look at the very centre there's a definite suggestion of a nose that isn't there reversed

I think the lack of nose-like shape on the other side comes down to the quality of the image.

There’s an a large amount of men with beards between all who have known interpretations and all who could be interpreted that way.

The shard appearance could be interpreted to relate to Jyggalag. Since he is a forgotten Prince who knows the future (through math rather than fate) and has gone through a similar situation that Ithelia went through, it’d make some sense for him to be involved. But not too much sense because we’re not at an end of an era so he’s not present. His Chamberlain is though.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort of related-A reminder to everyone who sees the new crown store items...Meridia's day of summoning is the 13th. This is not proof or a hint of her role in the upcoming chapter.

That's true.

There's also a Colovian Highlands lynx pet, Colovian Highlands lynx mount, Colovian badger pet and Imperial military armor, though.
    Edited by Syldras on January 11, 2024 3:40PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's true.

There's also a Colovian Highlands lynx pet, Colovian Highlands lynx mount, Colovian badger pet and Imperial military armor, though.

So I guess the Colovian fur hood that drops during New Life Festival every single year is also a hint?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess the Colovian fur hood that drops during New Life Festival every single year is also a hint?

No, but the January crown store items usually had something related to the new chapter. It was the same with Morrowind items last year.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but the January crown store items usually had something related to the new chapter. It was the same with Morrowind items last year.

No, it doesn't. They never hint at the new chapter in the crown store. In-fact, Meridia items were in January '22, year before that there was nothing to hint at the new chapter.
    Edited by alternatelder on January 11, 2024 4:04PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it doesn't. They never hint at the new chapter in the crown store. In-fact, Meridia items were in January '22, year before that there was nothing to hint at the new chapter.

Maybe you haven't read my comment attentively, but I did never disagree with the Meridia items. Those are there every year in January because of Meridia summoning day, that's nothing new.

But there are also a few chapter-related items in the January show case - this year Colovian themed items, last year Morrowind and especially Telvanni - , which also makes sense from a marketing perspective. If these things appear in the store just after the official reveal stream, they contribute to the hype.

I'm not sure why we're even arguing, as Colovia seems to be more or less confirmed anyway, with the Skingrad crest being on the glass mosaic.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They routinely put things in the Crown Store from all over the place. The chapter may be in Skingrad, as indicated by the images above, but Colovia is much larger than Skingrad and includes areas already present in the game.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you haven't read my comment attentively, but I did never disagree with the Meridia items. Those are there every year in January because of Meridia summoning day, that's nothing new.

But there are also a few chapter-related items in the January show case - this year Colovian themed items, last year Morrowind and especially Telvanni - , which also makes sense from a marketing perspective. If these things appear in the store just after the official reveal stream, they contribute to the hype.

I'm not sure why we're even arguing, as Colovia seems to be more or less confirmed anyway, with the Skingrad crest being on the glass mosaic.

Looking at last year's showcase, I'm surprised nobody thought it was a Khajiit themed chapter seeing as that's mostly what the "new" items were if they hint at the new chapter that way...Can't see how the brassy hair, costume, and personality was a hint when Naryu was barely there for anything.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elsonso Thanks for screenshotting!

I'm wondering if the shape of those "electric" lines below the emblem are arbitrary, or is that some kind of map?

They look like cracks or lightning bolts.
    Edit: oh I see what you mean after watching the video. Yea it’s very map/Tamriel esque
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on January 11, 2024 5:15PM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interestingly, Zeni rotated the puzzle to divide it vertically.
    so left against right? Mora vs Mephala? or direct opponents are moved to the different sides of diameters? or not? :|
    PC EU
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what?
    looks like a portal. Especially with the Fargrave symbols spinning like they're powering this portal too!

A portal to another dimension! An alternative version of Tamriel! Like we're looking into a cracked mirror and traveling someplace that's similar yet different.

Oh my God. If this is hownthey introduced tamriel 2.0
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather we not get a multiverse/alternate reality main story as I find it unoriginal, though it would be trendy and catch people's attention. I could be on board if it's in a dream, or a pocket realm recreating part of Valenwood, or something.

I think there's still a lot to reality left to investigate on Nirn and the other realms before basing stories on alternate realities (as opposed to quests that depict them just in one part).
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

I had to wrestle my package out of the hands of the Daedra who conspired to keep it from me, but it came with 19.

I can also confirm that no secret messages are evident in the leaves or letter.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 11, 2024 8:33PM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I had to wrestle my package out of the hands of the Daedra who conspired to keep it from me, but it came with 19.

Hmmm…it obviously has the properties of an Elder Scroll since the number of the leaves keeps changing every time they are counted.
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    my fragment :3
    lxeuh2yj9bs5.jpg
    1uycgevfjven.jpg

If you stare at it for a moment, you can see an Alien. The Eyes and all

It's a mind flayer.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They routinely put things in the Crown Store from all over the place. The chapter may be in Skingrad, as indicated by the images above, but Colovia is much larger than Skingrad and includes areas already present in the game.

We can, of course, agree to disagree :) But I, personally, would find it extremely astonishing if it was only a coincidence to have the reveal stream on January 18, which will most probably include Skingrad which lies in Colovia, and on January 22 several new Colovian items are released to the crown store.

Especially as it was exactly the same principle last year, with a pet and/or mount release scheduled just after the reveal stream, which had a description about the "Telvanni Peninsula Grazelands" or something like that.
    I'd rather we not get a multiverse/alternate reality main story as I find it unoriginal, though it would be trendy and catch people's attention.

Yeah, it has become a trend somehow. I hope it's not considered a spoiler anymore after half a year, but Azandar's story also went, somehow, into that direction.

Edited by Syldras on January 11, 2024 10:26PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

Hmmm…it obviously has the properties of an Elder Scroll since the number of the leaves keeps changing every time they are counted.

I got 20 leaves. Took me about 5 tries to get them counted right, because they kept sticking together! Gonna have to find a frame so I can hang the shard, the letter, and the leaves up where I can give it a gobsmacked grin every time I see it...

Such a fun thing to receive!

[Edit for typos]

Edited by TaSheen on January 11, 2024 11:36PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »

See the face

0p703hdcbe3l.jpg

I can see a little bit of zenithar here :#
    image.png?ex=65b25023&is=659fdb23&hm=951440bffcdf327be2dc8d64219c697e40789edad73482978174fca4e714a904&

And zenithar is associated with a blue star...

Maybe we see deadric prince, guilds, places which where involved with the banning and its like a seal. And now Ithelia is "free" its broken

If it is a blue star that flickers in the middle from this video...

then I hope there is lore about Mnemo-Li...

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mnemo-Li

maybe a connection to Ithelia..

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ithelia

Edited by Eporem on January 12, 2024 5:51PM