Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bt7qvdczzvab.png

isn't that the White Gold Tower in the banner image?

yea it is a different version of this image.
    l0dpenyqsb3z.jpg
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    bt7qvdczzvab.png

yea it is a different version of this image.
    l0dpenyqsb3z.jpg

ohhhh my gosh lol it's probably nothing then
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given what's in the letter, I think a tree image is more likely to refer to Y'ffre and the Green Pact than the Falinesti tree.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the Direnni Tower on Balfiera.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also someone in my Discord completed the window now that we have the last piece

jdkwz03ha0su.png

The "roots" of the blue tree look like Mephala's crown in the in-game image above.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Are you sure? As the thing seems to be about the Three Banners War, Whitegold would make more sense.
    Edited by Syldras on January 9, 2024 4:41PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Are you sure? As the thing seems to be about the Three Banners War, Whitegold would make more sense.

The Imperial City is huge, and nowhere near any mountains like that. It's also still sporting a Daedric anchor, which can be seen from anywhere near the city in Cyrodiil today.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/b/bc/Imperial_City_(Online).png/revision/latest?cb=20210801074647
    Edited by Jaraal on January 9, 2024 4:54PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial City is huge, and nowhere near any mountains like that.

Those armies in the background fighting at Balfiera doesn't make any sense either, though.

Edited by Syldras on January 9, 2024 4:53PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial City is huge, and nowhere near any mountains like that.

Those armies in the background fighting at Balfiera doesn't make any sense either, though.

They don't look human, either... at least definitely not any of the factions in the Three Banners War.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't look human, either... at least definitely not any of the factions in the Three Banners War.

As LunaFlora pointed out, it's the same picture as this one, just with the 3 people in the middle removed:

kn0442i3rkm7.png

On that original pic you clearly see the banners they're carrying.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As LunaFlora pointed out, it's the same picture as this one, just with the 3 people in the middle removed:

kn0442i3rkm7.png

Where is the Daedric anchor? It's always been there from 2014 to today. However, the Direnni Tower doesn't have one. You can see it from the shore, anchor free.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    on the left of the picture there's daedra and on the right there's mortals

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The left group are Bosmer, they’re just wearing helmets. But yeah, it’s just art, maybe they removed the anchor because it looked better or because the anchor didn’t show up yet (as we see in the cinematics, they’re fighting and then an anchor drops down on them).
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Na, the army on the left carries the yellow Aldmeri Dominion banner. On the right side, I see a red and a blue one for Pact and Covenant.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ohh i see it now.
    sorry i saw horns and just assumed daedra even though i love bosmer.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I was afraid we would have to wait until later in the month. Fingers crossed, I should actually be able to take a late lunch break that day to watch.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it could be mephala's crown

I don’t say that’s impossible but her symbols are pretty consistently spiders or spider-themed. If it’s meant to be a clue in her direction I’d expect it to be a little more overt.

I’m more inclined to think it’s either Ithelia or a new faction we haven’t met yet.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it could be mephala's crown

I don’t say that’s impossible but her symbols are pretty consistently spiders or spider-themed. If it’s meant to be a clue in her direction I’d expect it to be a little more overt.

I’m more inclined to think it’s either Ithelia or a new faction we haven’t met yet.

To me it’s far more likely Vaermina’s helmet than Mephala’s crown. We already know Vaermina is involved and it has a similar shape. Mora’s eye is also stylized.

Edit: That said, it’d also be upside down. It might be the symbol of a cult, I don’t think this one we’ll be able to figure out since it might be new.
    Edited by Soarora on January 9, 2024 5:32PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Now that y'all have gathered the pieces, make sure you tune in for Global Reveal to see if your predictions are right. B)

Don't you mean to see whether the development team got it right? :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on January 9, 2024 5:31PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we put all of this together in some fashion... Next autumn, Hermaeus Mora is going on a date with Mephala in Skingrad, near an Ayleid ruin, which means they will need a lantern (because it is dark) and a bird watches them.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

kn0442i3rkm7.png

There are mountains to the north of the Imperial City. They might not be as close to the Imperial City as they appear to be in that painting, but they're there. The apparent closeness of the mountains could just be due to perspective, or it could just be artistic license.

Also, the scene in the painting might be depicting the Three Banners War before Molag Bal dropped a big Dark Anchor in the city. From UESPwiki (emphasis added):
    While the war raged across the countryside of Cyrodiil, all three alliances were locked in a struggle for control of the Imperial City in an effort to overthrow the corrupt Imperial regime and install their own emperor on the Ruby Throne.

Sappers in each alliance established forward bases in the city's sewers to launch attacks on the districts above in an attempt to thin the enemy's numbers before marching on the White-Gold Tower.[34][35]

During the fighting, a new danger unexpectedly appeared when chains fell from the sky. The Planemeld began and the forces of Molag Bal swarmed the city districts and sewers and took the city. Many Imperial Legion soldiers died defending the city while others fled. Fighting alongside Molag Bal's Daedra horde were a group known as Legion Zero. These were members of the Imperial Legion that deserted when the Planemeld began and swore fealty to Molag Bal and the Worm Cult[36][37] While the entire city was tearing itself apart, a small group of Imperial Legion loyalists known as the Immortal Eight fought back against the alliances and Legion Zero and played a part in stopping Bal's plans to snuff out the Dragonfires.[38][39] As a result of the war, the city itself was devastated. Few city folk remained and the buildings in each district suffered enormous damage, some completely demolished.

The fighting in and around the Imperial City was already hot and heavy before Molag Bal dropped a big Dark Anchor in the middle of the city.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We do battle with Rahjin >:)

I would like that... I've always wanted some payback for how he treated Lady Nairume.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a stupid promo pic.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Left field theory:

The picture is in Ithelia’s realm, which is a leafy like realm. (Assumption) All planes also have a Tower right? That’s Ithelia’s

This might also mean that blurry picture of a mountain in a grassy, leafy, flowery field in the Study of the Lost Cipher is of Ithelias realm.

I honestly think it’s just a promo pic from long ago altered a little bit. But theory above is fun too lol
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 9, 2024 6:31PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, the next Chapter is going to continue the Necrom storyline. Mephala had an entire Chapter already plus additional content during Summerset, so I don't see a return yet. Mora most likely will play a major role again and so might Ithelia. The rest is speculation - going from Telvanni Peninsula to the other end of the world seems a little strange though in that regard, although there are too many hints pointing towards Skingrad. I was hoping for Eastern Skyrim + Solstheim / Winterhold to be honest.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reveal has been announced for next Thursday (18th) and includes the line
    Join us to see a new (yet familiar) region of Tamriel
    so definitely sounds like somewhere from a previous game
    PS4 EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    The reveal has been announced for next Thursday (18th) and includes the line
    Join us to see a new (yet familiar) region of Tamriel
    so definitely sounds like somewhere from a previous game

Arena covered all of Tamriel, so take it with a grain of salt.

That said, the latest fragment included Skingrad.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skingrad could be really interesting. It's Imperial right? I've been waiting for Imperial content.

(I never played Oblivion)

Anything but Bosmer lol. Everything about them is annoying although I know there has to be a chapter for them sooner or later. It's Redguard and Imperial I want to see most though.

I'm wondering if it will be some kind of PvE version of Cyrodiil?
    Edited by Holycannoli on January 9, 2024 7:11PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the viney tree symbol thing? At first glance, it looks Ayleid, but when I looked up Ayleid symbols it's not quite right.

Most Ayleid symbols don't have the the tree encircled like that.

I feel like I've seen it before, and that I've seen it before in relation to something Bosmer. But I can't quite put my finger on where exactly I remember it from....
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Me watching the conversation:
    giphy.gif

I'm curious: do they already tell you all what the new chapter is before the reveal? Or do you find out the same time as we do (during the reveal)? :)