Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official hints for the next chapter received

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it is Skingrad I am not excited for yet another Imperial themed area in the game.

They already are everywhere in this game. Also, Bosmer aren’t that exciting either.

Here’s hoping the chapter comes with some other good stuff I can be happy about.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic

I know I'm still considered a new ESO player so everyone else probably knows this.....

However, I couldn't help but wonder why certain individuals, receive such packages while others do not. I mean Is there a specific criteria or selection process in place? Personally..I would love to see how these promotional materials are distributed..... many of us are equally passionate about the game and I'm sure we would appreciate the chance to be part of experiences like that...

Edited by Warhawke_80 on January 9, 2024 7:24PM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic

I know I'm still considered a new ESO player so everyone else probably knows this.....

However, I couldn't help but wonder why certain individuals, receive such packages while others do not. I mean Is there a specific criteria or selection process in place? Personally..I would love to see how these promotional materials are distributed..... many of us are equally passionate about the game and I'm sure we would appreciate the chance to be part of experiences like that...

I agree as I am also a newer player. I'm wondering the same thing... Why can't random players recieve special eso packages and letters instead of a very specific small few?

Even know I am not a content creator, livestreamer, or very popular, I would like to be a part of this experience too.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    Off topic

I agree as I am also a newer player. I'm wondering the same thing... Why can't random players recieve special eso packages and letters instead of a very specific small few?

Even know I am not a content creator, livestreamer, or very popular, I would like to be a part of this experience too.

As fun as it would be to be included, the creators may have a connection to ZOS already (I’m not sure if there’s any legal trouble with randomly sending people mail) and also content creators would post about it, a random person might not. Even if one of us got it and posted, it needs to spread to an audience. Can’t be sure we all have a twitter and instagram and etc following.
    Edited by Soarora on January 9, 2024 7:44PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Off topic

Well, that’s pretty much why. I mean I’d love these too but these fragments aren’t just hints to the next chapter, they are “free” advertising.

It’s really really smart to give them to your stream team members and popular content creators because they will post on Twitter, talk about it on Twitch and YouTube and get a lot of eyes on it. Get other players hyped.

If they sent that to me I’d probably only get like 3 people hyped, not a good move.

• wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Off topic

As fun as it would be to be included, the creators may have a connection to ZOS already (I’m not sure if there’s any legal trouble with randomly sending people mail) and also content creators would post about it, a random person might not. Even if one of us got it and posted, it needs to spread to an audience. Can’t be sure we all have a twitter and instagram and etc following.

I'm so jealous of the content creators/live streamers and also this is why I'm not a fan of favoritism. If I were to receive something special from zos I would post all about it on the forums and thank them. But unfortunately that will never happen. It's hard to feel excluded and not being a part of something important. I'm sorry.
    Edited by wilykcat on January 9, 2024 7:52PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Off topic

I'm so jealous of the content creators/live streamers and also this is why I'm not a fan of favoritism. If I were to receive something special from zos I would post all about it on the forums and thank them. But unfortunately that will never happen. It's hard to feel excluded and not being a part of something important. I'm sorry.

No need to apologize! I wish I could be included too, but at the end of the day, we just don’t have the following to really spread the information to a larger audience and there are more risks involved than just giving these things to content creators.

We do at least get to be included in figuring out what the shards mean! :)
    Edited by Soarora on January 9, 2024 7:57PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic

No need to apologize! I wish I could be included too, but at the end of the day, we just don’t have the following to really spread the information to a larger audience and there are more risks involved than just giving these things to content creators.

Ok. Thanks for your advice.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they'll be making Fargrave part of the base game? You can access it with ESO+ and the Deadlands DLC.... but it seems odd that they would tie a new DLC to an old DLC, requiring those who have neither to have both (or subscribe to ESO+).
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off topic

I think a question i have is what would happen if Zenimax sent four articles like that out and not one or only one decided to share it?

That could really blow up a marketing plan that probably wasn't cheap....
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    What is the viney tree symbol thing? At first glance, it looks Ayleid, but when I looked up Ayleid symbols it's not quite right.

Most Ayleid symbols don't have the the tree encircled like that.

My pet theory right now is that it’s the Ayleid representation of the Perchance Acorn.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn... I was hoping for a PVE version of Cyrodiil. Also, some new activities in PVP Cyrodiil.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll be making Fargrave part of the base game? You can access it with ESO+ and the Deadlands DLC.... but it seems odd that they would tie a new DLC to an old DLC, requiring those who have neither to have both (or subscribe to ESO+).

I would love to see Fargrave really fleshed out, and included in the base game. It should be a hub but it is basically deserted and there is no reason to go there.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We share them when we get them, and then others can collaborate, theorize, and discuss. For them, that generates marketing hype, for us, it provides us with something to think and talk about that is more than them just posting a Power Point slide.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I would love to see Fargrave really fleshed out, and included in the base game. It should be a hub but it is basically deserted and there is no reason to go there.

When it was first announced they talked about it as a hub and made some strong hints about it leading other places too over time. Feel like it's been set up and ignored so far
    PS4 EU
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

When it was first announced they talked about it as a hub and made some strong hints about it leading other places too over time. Feel like it's been set up and ignored so far

They could have at least included a portal to Coldharbour and maybe the Clockwork City or Artaeum when it first came out. 😞
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They had performance issues with it when it first dropped. It was the first place where companions were not enabled visually for others to see, certain effects were disabled, and dueling was prohibited. Plus they placed hundreds of urns and containers that they were unable to itemize, yet still had to render.

So I don't see them wanting to make it any more active than it already is. Performance was still pretty sketchy during the previous event, even after the hardware upgrades and the hyperthreading experiment.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had performance issues with it when it first dropped. It was the first place where companions were not enabled visually for others to see, certain effects were disabled, and dueling was prohibited. Plus they placed hundreds of urns and containers that they were unable to itemize, yet still had to render.

So I don't see them wanting to make it any more active than it already is. Performance was still pretty sketchy during the previous event, even after the hardware upgrades and the hyperthreading experiment.

It's still bad design though, to establish something as a hub in lore and even provide (deactivated) portals visually, but then never making them usable.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

They could have at least included a portal to Coldharbour and maybe the Clockwork City or Artaeum when it first came out. 😞

Not sure Sil or the Psijics would be down with that, but Coldharbour and Apocrypha for sure.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bt7qvdczzvab.png

isn't that the White Gold Tower in the banner image?

Its also depicting the war in Cryodiil.... could we finally be moving PvP to an oblivion plane and reclaiming Cyrodiil... all of Cyrodiil including Skingrad and the other areas, one massive CHAPTER!! :D
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bt7qvdczzvab.png

isn't that the White Gold Tower in the banner image?

Its also depicting the war in Cryodiil.... could we finally be moving PvP to an oblivion plane and reclaiming Cyrodiil... all of Cyrodiil including Skingrad and the other areas, one massive CHAPTER!! :D

it's probably just because it's the 10th year anniversary of eso
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    Not sure Sil or the Psijics would be down with that, but Coldharbour and Apocrypha for sure.

Oh, I'm sure Sil could always use more potential buyers for his exquisite brass furniture, especially these fine pieces:

dlg2ri9qrqnx.png

I bet the sales of these alone keep CWC's economy running :p

Useless info: In fact, there are clockwork factotum parts for sale at one of the market stalls in Fargrave. I think it's more of an oversight, though.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s definitely mage related I would say, spell crafting may play a part.
    Maybe the stained glass represents a combination of some sort like a spell crafting source pool centred.
    And the tree looks like the Skyrim symbol Breathing water which leads me to believe they may introduce water magic skill line.
    They are all rotating a centre piece which to me means combine each spell to make your own.
    That’s which leads me to believe spell crafting especially with the other symbols.
    Hero or villain maybe water based origin
    Edited by Animar111 on January 9, 2024 11:28PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it’s Skingrad? Kinda disappointed it’s not something Bosmer focused. And it feels like we were just in Blackwood, so this feels a bit too soon to go back to an Imperial-ish zone.

But it’s fine, I guess.
    Edited by BlueRaven on January 9, 2024 11:44PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    It’s definitely mage related I would say, spell crafting may play a part.
    Maybe the stained glass represents a combination of some sort like a spell crafting source pool centred.
    And the tree looks like the Skyrim symbol Breathing water which leads me to believe they may introduce water magic skill line.
    They are all rotating a centre piece which to me means combine each spell to make your own.
    That’s which leads me to believe spell crafting especially with the other symbols.
    Hero or villain maybe water based origin

So, what spell do I get if I combine Hermaeus Mora, a lamp and the Skingrad crest? "Summon blood-sucking tentacled lamp"?

Don't tell me it wouldn't be terrifying to get such a thing thrown at your face!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Off topic

Well, that’s pretty much why. I mean I’d love these too but these fragments aren’t just hints to the next chapter, they are “free” advertising.

It’s really really smart to give them to your stream team members and popular content creators because they will post on Twitter, talk about it on Twitch and YouTube and get a lot of eyes on it. Get other players hyped.

If they sent that to me I’d probably only get like 3 people hyped, not a good move.

Agree with this post, but if this had high quality it would be something I would possibly buy as RL merch. A lot of games come with cheaply made statues that present poorly, but this item if made well would be nice.
  • t3hnerevarine
    t3hnerevarine
    ✭✭✭
    Probably totally unrelated, but on the SW coast of Grahtwood, among the Saliache ruins in a cove west of the Falinesti Winter site, there is a dark elf boat (Telvanni?) that has two lit lanterns onboard and one on the shore nearby that match the lantern on the puzzle. I have no idea if it has always been there or not.... but ZOS usually adds new assets to the zones before activating prequel quests. I couldn't find anything unusual or obvious nearby, but it wouldn't hurt to have more folks looking around for clues.

Nope, that boat has always been there. Good thought tho
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Remember, the next Chapter is going to continue the Necrom storyline. Mephala had an entire Chapter already plus additional content during Summerset, so I don't see a return yet. Mora most likely will play a major role again and so might Ithelia. The rest is speculation - going from Telvanni Peninsula to the other end of the world seems a little strange though in that regard, although there are too many hints pointing towards Skingrad. I was hoping for Eastern Skyrim + Solstheim / Winterhold to be honest.

You mean like going from Morrowind (Vvardenfell) to Summerset in order to complete that particular story arc?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Remember, the next Chapter is going to continue the Necrom storyline. Mephala had an entire Chapter already plus additional content during Summerset, so I don't see a return yet. Mora most likely will play a major role again and so might Ithelia. The rest is speculation - going from Telvanni Peninsula to the other end of the world seems a little strange though in that regard, although there are too many hints pointing towards Skingrad. I was hoping for Eastern Skyrim + Solstheim / Winterhold to be honest.
    What was the Mephala chapter?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a while, but I think she was heavily involved in Summerset
    PS4 EU