The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug some players received 60k-100k crowns

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
I got wind, of an important bug that some players would have had 60k/100k crowns on their account by mistake?
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now that's the type of bug I could live with
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
    Options
  • SamanthaCarter
    SamanthaCarter
    ✭✭✭
    Cool
    Options
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »

For sure, after all we've had to go through and go through again, I wouldn't say no to a positive bug for once!

I wish I had that bug too.
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because everything you hear in chat is true.
    Options
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    It’s very true
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this screenshot circulates on facebook, some people there confirm they got 5000-100.000 crowns, a guy from my friendlist confirms it, too.

7NmEtby.jpg
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if that is true, there is no use to spend it, cos everything would be taken from you, Crowns, items you bought, gold you trade for. Even a risk of the account ban.

If you see 100K crowns on your account, just leave it, it will be taken back by ZOS .

Edit:

I see the screenshot above, how peeps can be so naive to spend it. Now everything will be taken away. .#
    I hope they will not lose their accounts for that stupidity.

Edited by RefLiberty on August 21, 2020 7:49PM
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

Even if that is true, there is no use to spend it, cos everything would be taken from you, Crowns, items you bought, gold you trade for. Even a risk of the account ban.

If you see 100K crowns on your account, just leave it, it will be taken back by ZOS .

Edit:

I see the screenshot above, how peeps can be so naive to spend it. Now everything will be taken away. .#
    I hope they will not lose their accounts for that stupidity.

Agree. What's going on in people's heads when they see so much more crowns than they should have and then just go "SHOPPING TIME"?
    And I'm not buying that "long time ESO+" excuse
    Options
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    They would have to go threw account by account manually in order to figure out what you spent and consumed. Chances are they'll just have to take the L on this one. I wonder how it happened though?
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have been BANNED because were BAD.

Even Daybreak games didn't consider it an "exploit" when people spent a Cash shop store issue. They just rolled chars back if need be.
    Edited by karekiz on August 21, 2020 8:05PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    05aa2a5d21456121f63b93e1fde939c7.gif
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Grabs Popcorn* This gonna be entertaining at least. I wonder how many have already fenced these crowns.
    Options
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people saw it as compensation for paying 10x the amount as other countries pay for their crowns.
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    They would have to go threw account by account manually in order to figure out what you spent and consumed. Chances are they'll just have to take the L on this one. I wonder how it happened though?

That is not completely true I think.

If you go to support page you can find that they can restore your deleted character if you submit a ticket.

Do you know what that means?
    That means that they have a backup system implemented.

I'm not sure what the retention policy is, but if they do 3 latest backups or something like creating images every 24 hours with 3 days retention, they can just roll back your character before incident occurred.

That means that you will get back the character as it was before 24 or 48 hours, losing not crowns, but also what you actually did or looted all that time.
    To forgive 100K, I don't think so.

Edited by RefLiberty on August 21, 2020 8:11PM
    Options
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    You have been BANNED because were BAD.

Even Daybreak games didn't consider it an "exploit" when people spent a Cash shop store issue. They just rolled chars back if need be.

Oh, Daybreak customer? What game? :D
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    Chances are they'll just have to take the L on this one.

[snip]
    That would be a huge dollar loss per each account. They'll do the digging to recover the crowns.
    They have tools to do such things.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 23, 2020 3:04PM
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless it's too widespread, they wouldn't just write it off as a loss. Maybe except for if you buy and use a consumable, but most stuff you unlock can be rolled back. If they ban anyone it will be players selling the extra crowns, and possibly unlocking DLCs and then grabbing gear ect. that would be harder to track and roll back.
    Edited by driosketch on August 21, 2020 8:31PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it would be fairly easy to write a search string to flag high crown purchases or unusual gold movement, ppl know they didnt buy them and if they a long time ESO+ player would also know you get nothing for free in this game, so any ban's coming are well deserved
    Options
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

...to uh, ya, this.....um....punishing players because ZOS made a deposit in their bank that shouldn't have happened. ZOS messes up, then punishes the players for the ZOS mistake.

wow. just wow.

Spending crowns or gold that the game auto deposits to you is definitely not an exploit. If I find a $20 on the ground while walking into the grocery store, it becomes mine unless someone is standing right there trying to pick it up because they just dropped it. ...and $20 real money is worth $20 more than 100k crowns.

..and on that note, I better log in and check my crown supply! This kind of thing never happens to me for some reason.
    Edited by TineaCruris on August 21, 2020 8:35PM
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...to uh, ya, this.....um....punishing players because ZOS made a deposit in their bank that shouldn't have happened. ZOS messes up, then punishes the players for the ZOS mistake.

wow. just wow.

Spending crowns or gold that the game auto deposits to you is definitely not an exploit. If I find a $20 on the ground while walking into the grocery store, it becomes mine unless someone is standing right there trying to pick it up because they just dropped it. ...and $20 real money is worth $20 more than 100k crowns.

..and on that note, I better log in and check my crown supply! This kind of thing never happens to me for some reason.

False analogy. It's more like waking up finding 300k on your bank account that you know weren't there yesterday and which you aren't sure where comes from. You're the one who is going to be charged with, I believe in the US it would be fraud, even if it is a banking clerk error. Because you should have known that money weren't yours to spend.
    Options
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    The roll back thing may be an option if they invested in it. But are characters and accounts on different back-ups? What if you made a legitimate crown transaction in that time. They'd have to trace financial transactions in each account case less they rob people.
    There's also micro transactions of micro transactions of in game actions. Like buying a whole heap of crown crates, then getting a motif. Than using the motif. That motif unlock doesn't trace back to the crown transaction directly. They'd have to adjust crown gem values based on RNG logs (if they exist.) As once again what if someone made a legitimate transaction while bugged.

Either way it'll be a interesting show.
    Edited by Pinja on August 21, 2020 8:50PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but ...
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    I got wind, of an important bug that some players would have had 60k/100k crowns on their account by mistake?

Yeah, there is a bug that does this. Though I've never heard of it being as high as 60 to 100k crowns. Wow.
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, if people experience this and use the crowns, they are pretty dumb..
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the worst that could happen.
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow. just wow.

That is not true.

You are twisting the situations here. This is not the same as finding the $20 on the ground, where there is no known owner and there is no way to return the money to real owner.

This is like walking on the street and finding the ATM device that due to malfunction or system error is spitting money.
    In this case we know who the owner of the money is (bank), or we can logically assume that even the ATM is spitting money on the street, it is not ours for taking.
    If you take money from spitting ATM, you will be charged with criminal offense and prolly prison time .
    Same goes if you find a wallet with bank card and pin in it, if you go to ATM and take the money that is stealing because the owner can be easily established (e.g. card don't belong to us)

Anyone who thinks 10K crowns is theirs to take, and that they got it for some their imaginary reason to spend it, is stupid.

I'll ask you and any of you who thinks it is fine to spend it. If the bank by some system error, or someone by mistake put $500K on your account, would you spend it, or contact the bank to check what is going on?

Edited by RefLiberty on August 21, 2020 9:07PM
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the kind of bug that ZOS would instantly take the servers down for.
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow. just wow.

False analogy. It's more like waking up finding 300k on your bank account that you know weren't there yesterday and which you aren't sure where comes from. You're the one who is going to be charged with, I believe in the US it would be fraud, even if it is a banking clerk error. Because you should have known that money weren't yours to spend.

They would be charged with theft probably, if they spent it. Fraud - at least over here in the U.S. - requires an intent to misrepresent or deceive someone.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 21, 2020 9:05PM
    Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of my accounts got the bug :( so I guess I don't have to ponder the moral dilemma of gambling it all on crowns and then trying to argue when ZOS takes it back that the crate I got a radiant mount from was the one I bought with my 7k crowns and not the 100k they misplaced.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

wow. just wow.

They would be charged with theft probably, if they spent it. Fraud - at least over here in the U.S. - requires an intent to misrepresent or deceive someone.

Okay theft then. In my country this falls under fraud laws, but US is clearly different. Still doesn't mean it's not illegal.
    Options