The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

• Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    Let's buff some of the older sets. We need more diversity in what type of armor set up we use. We all at a different style. Let our sets show it. Stop nerfing and let's buff those older sets.

Agree.
    So far I like what they did with MA and Lamia set. Maybe Lamia is still a bit weak since Kyne existe but I definitely gonna try this set combo on my Healcro for good Colo-burst.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Why nerf Torug's for 2 hand weapon users? If the 90% applied to both enchantments for dual weilders, then make it 45% per enchantment for them, and keep the 90% for those limited to one enchantment. Or better yet, allow 2 hand weapon users to use two enchantments as well.

What a terrible toss the baby out with the bathwater change!

Torug's affects 2 enchants in case of two handers and 3 enchants in case of DW.

When you put Torug's on body, cast Endless Hail on your back bar where you have bow with berserker enchant, then swap to front bar where you have your two hander with let's say disease enchant, both enchants will be affected. Your berserker will be stronger with shorter cooldown as well as your Disease enchant. This is what the comment meant. If you are dual wielding instead of 2h, your Torug's will affect total of 3 enchants.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on July 23, 2020 7:59AM
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf81 wrote: »
    Caluurion's Legacy is starting to look like a snack for my magcro..they really seem to want to push proc sets now...not sure what to pair it with honestly.

Caluurion's Legacy:
    Slightly increased the travel speed of the projectiles from this set.
    Reduced the minimum travel time to 750ms, down from 900ms.
    Increased the damage done to 13290, up from 12900.
    Removed the critical requirement for this set.

Pair it with Malacath Ring, obviously. The interaction was non-existent before 6.0.0 due to crit proc condition but now this could be nasty.

Agree, still caluurion has 2 crit bonuses which will go to waste
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath ring boosts damage of sets.
    It should not.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why nerf Torug's for 2 hand weapon users? If the 90% applied to both enchantments for dual weilders, then make it 45% per enchantment for them, and keep the 90% for those limited to one enchantment. Or better yet, allow 2 hand weapon users to use two enchantments as well.

When you put Torug's on body, cast Endless Hail on your back bar where you have bow with berserker enchant, then swap to front bar where you have your two hander with let's say disease enchant, both enchants will be affected. Your berserker will be stronger with shorter cooldown as well as your Disease enchant. This is what the comment meant. If you are dual wielding instead of 2h, your Torug's will affect total of 3 enchants.

Dual wield damage and buff enchants are half as strong making torugs equal for dw and 2h damage directly done. I think the only bonus for dw is the ability to proc two status effects (from say disease and lightning enchants) and turogs will help to keep these status effects up. Also, the spell damage bonus change to armour is nice for running torug’s on stamina characters.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She edited the patch notes to clarify about the bar switching.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would Swamp Raider apply to something like the Virulent Shot (Blackrose Bow) set?

My inclination would be 'no' since the base skill is not natively a Poison damage skill but with the... odd ways that abilities are sometimes programmed, I figured that I would ask.

Relatedly, even though they will be totally obnoxious in PvP, I am actually looking forward to the buffs to proc sets for light-weight PvE purposes. I've been wanting to try out some cheesy Poison/Disease theme builds and with buffed sets like Widowmaker and Plague Slinger, I can finally make that happen.

Lastly, I notice that there are TONS of Poison damage proc sets but hardly any for Disease. Indeed, Disease is like the Frost damage, aka the forgotten element, of Physical damage types. We need some more!
  • M4j0r
    M4j0r
    ✭✭✭
    The new proposal for stranglers is crap. 50 Stacks, is absolutely impossible to get and if you want to get it used in a strategic way (to lose the stacks), you schould make the penalties higher and the stacks easier, or at least like it actually is, to get. Otherwise no one will use it any longer. And the amount of stacks is by far to high, make it 20 with lower damage gain and thats it. Why is there always a need for ZOS to *** up good ideas? You are not looking on possibilities to adapt things, no they have to invented every time in a new way.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    advancing yokeda 3 set minor slayer like every other trial dps set. i'll overlook the fact that it drops in the wrong armor weight since it's very usable as a frontbar only set, but give it minor slayer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apox wrote: »
    advancing yokeda 3 set minor slayer like every other trial dps set. i'll overlook the fact that it drops in the wrong armor weight since it's very usable as a frontbar only set, but give it minor slayer

No thanks. This would just mean losing a set bonus with AY + Lokkestiiz. Lack of Slayer is one of the things that makes AY strong.
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath shouldn't be affecting non-ability/light attack damage sources (procs).

The whole point of Malacath is to exchange the random lucky crits you get for more consistent damage. PvP wise, on an average setup (not too much or little reliance on crit damage) against a typical opponent (not too much or little crit resist), you rely less on getting lucky with crits to kill, instead solely relying on how you time, cast and combo skills as they're gonna do the same damage all the time while your overall damage output is still roughly the same. There's an obvious significant trade-off you're making: more potential burst damage for more consistent and reliable damage.

But proc sets benefit FULLY from malacath without ANY of its drawbacks, completely bypassing the trade-off you're SUPPOSED to make to gain such a powerful buff. And many of them are already hitting harder than most high-damage abilities and even ultimates without malacath. You have Caluurion's legacy hitting people for 7k+, maw of infernal doing 20% of overall damage on a high damage stat setup and icy conjuror/unleashed terror hitting as hard as DOTs during scalebreaker.

You're allowing already overperforming proc sets to benefit greatly from such a powerful set without bearing ANY of its significant trade-offs.

The fix is simple:
    "Increases your damage done by 25%. You cannot deal critical damage." ---> "Increases your damage done *from abilities* by 25%. You cannot deal critical damage." Just two words; you won't be nerfing anything, proc sets won't lose any damage from equipping it since they can't crit in the first place. Please don't let such an amazing set get abused like that with procs, and for heaven's sake PLEASE don't overdo changes and make it useless like you did with Thrassian Stranglers.

PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No thanks. This would just mean losing a set bonus with AY + Lokkestiiz. Lack of Slayer is one of the things that makes AY strong.

also the thing that makes it less diverse. you essentially cant use it unless its with Rele or lokke because you lose minor slayer. loing minor slayer h3n fully buffed in a trial is pretty big.

nobody is using war machine or master architect. maybe they will after the patch , but even still only 1 or 2 people in the group will use it, max

so if you want to use AY and deadly or AY and something else, you lose minor slayer entirely.

besides, have you been advocating for the removal of minor slayer on rele or lokke? does that not weaken those sets when used in conjuction with each other like most endgame trial pve dps builds do?

you seem like a smart guy. advancing yokeda. trial dps set. minor slayer.

same goes for all trial dps sets that dont have minor slayer. and i wouldnt even argue with entirely rebalanced 2 3 and 4 set bonuses for alkosh.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

also the thing that makes it less diverse. you essentially cant use it unless its with Rele or lokke because you lose minor slayer. loing minor slayer h3n fully buffed in a trial is pretty big.

nobody is using war machine or master architect. maybe they will after the patch , but even still only 1 or 2 people in the group will use it, max

so if you want to use AY and deadly or AY and something else, you lose minor slayer entirely.

besides, have you been advocating for the removal of minor slayer on rele or lokke? does that not weaken those sets when used in conjuction with each other like most endgame trial pve dps builds do?

same goes for all trial dps sets that dont have minor slayer. and i wouldnt even argue with entirely rebalanced 2 3 and 4 set bonuses for alkosh.

Be careful what you ask for. It’s a heavy Armor set and they’ll give it minor aegis.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

War machine, Lokke, Rele and Yandir are all looking like good options in this update, and any of these can currently combine well with AY. Even VO + AY sees some use in solo content like vMA. That shouldn’t all be changed just so your AY + Deadly build gets a buff. You don’t need Minor Slayer, run whatever combination you want.

There’s also no established rule that says all trial sets need Minor Slayer. 3/4 sets from Craglorn trials don’t have it (Twice Fanged Serpent, Mending etc.) none of the sets from Asylum have it, or the sets from Maelstrom, Dragonstar or Blackrose. Also if there was a standard like this, it would result in AY receiving Minor Aegis, not Minor Slayer, since it is a heavy armor set. I don’t think anyone wants that change.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    I got around to trying to optimize the Storm Master Set using Mechanical Acuity and have to say it is much better off than it was.

Storm Master:

I can get storm master to about 98% uptime now and always proc it at the top of my rotation instead of a spotty 60-75% uptime on live. While I'll miss the increased vulnerability uptime from shock damage having the bonus add raw damage to light attacks is scaling way better. All that being said I am still concerned about a few things

First off while light attack damage does scale way better when added as raw damage it does feel like a bit of a flavor fail on a once unique set. In the end I imagine this is easier to balance than giving it a large amount of shock damage that ignores spell resistance like Stormfist, but I can't help but miss it.

Secondly I fear that this set is going to be tied to the Mechanical Acuity set far to tightly because of its proc conditions. You either proc this using Mechanical Acuity or as a Nightblade using full leviathan, or you take a fairly huge hit in consistency. The set's damage isn't high enough to be so variable and a rotation without it procced feels very bad. This set also highly incentivizes the use of dual wield to increase proc chance due to each hit from dual wield heavy attack increasing your overall critical hit probability.

Meanwhile proc sets like Briarthorn can be mixed and matched with a multitude of sets because proccing off of critical damage is much different from proccing off of critical heavy attacks. Not only do critical damage procs have far more sources of potential proc damage to work off of( lowering the critical chance percentage needed to fulfill their condition), but all critical damage instances can be made of actions that do not lower DPS unlike heavy attacks. Constant heavy attacking lowers DPS and missing a proc due to not getting a critical heavy attack means your next 10-20 seconds of rotation are just going to have to go without unless you want to take more of a DPS loss.

Lastly while the damage is much better than live I'm not sure its enough to compete with trial sets. Maybe dungeon sets aren't supposed to come even close to trial sets. The slayer buff would surely indicate that is at least partially true, but how far should dungeon sets be really?

**************************************************************************************

Mechanical Acuity:

Mechanical Acuity flows really well with a standard rotation and can allow for some much needed consistency for critical based proc sets. Its also just a great set for builds that can't build a lot of critical chance, but still want decent crit chance or burst. My sustained uptime is a solid 25-30 where or live it was a much more swingy 18-31%. It feels consistently strong now. At 47% crit rate it was boosting my sustained critical chance to around 65-75%. Which is great for near 0 critical investment. It seems to occupy the perfect niche for semi crit builds that only need critical hits for a certain proc conditions and feels good to build a rotation around.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    I got around to trying to optimize the Storm Master Set using Mechanical Acuity and have to say it is much better off than it was.

Storm Master:

I can get storm master to about 98% uptime now and always proc it at the top of my rotation instead of a spotty 60-75% uptime on live. While I'll miss the increased vulnerability uptime from shock damage having the bonus add raw damage to light attacks is scaling way better. All that being said I am still concerned about a few things

First off while light attack damage does scale way better when added as raw damage it does feel like a bit of a flavor fail on a once unique set. In the end I imagine this is easier to balance than giving it a large amount of shock damage that ignores spell resistance like Stormfist, but I can't help but miss it.

Secondly I fear that this set is going to be tied to the Mechanical Acuity set far to tightly because of its proc conditions. You either proc this using Mechanical Acuity or as a Nightblade using full leviathan, or you take a fairly huge hit in consistency. The set's damage isn't high enough to be so variable and a rotation without it procced feels very bad. This set also highly incentivizes the use of dual wield to increase proc chance due to each hit from dual wield heavy attack increasing your overall critical hit probability.

Meanwhile proc sets like Briarthorn can be mixed and matched with a multitude of sets because proccing off of critical damage is much different from proccing off of critical heavy attacks. Not only do critical damage procs have far more sources of potential proc damage to work off of( lowering the critical chance percentage needed to fulfill their condition), but all critical damage instances can be made of actions that do not lower DPS unlike heavy attacks. Constant heavy attacking lowers DPS and missing a proc due to not getting a critical heavy attack means your next 10-20 seconds of rotation are just going to have to go without unless you want to take more of a DPS loss.

Lastly while the damage is much better than live I'm not sure its enough to compete with trial sets. Maybe dungeon sets aren't supposed to come even close to trial sets. The slayer buff would surely indicate that is at least partially true, but how far should dungeon sets be really?

**************************************************************************************

Mechanical Acuity:

Mechanical Acuity flows really well with a standard rotation and can allow for some much needed consistency for critical based proc sets. Its also just a great set for builds that can't build a lot of critical chance, but still want decent crit chance or burst. My sustained uptime is a solid 25-30 where or live it was a much more swingy 18-31%. It feels consistently strong now. At 47% crit rate it was boosting my sustained critical chance to around 65-75%. Which is great for near 0 critical investment. It seems to occupy the perfect niche for semi crit builds that only need critical hits for a certain proc conditions and feels good to build a rotation around.

Interesting. So the change does add increased damage directly to Light and Heavy attacks similar to Undaunted Infiltrator and Unweaver? It was a bit unclear from the wording, especially since they omitted that the set still works off critically striking with Heavy attacks (which I believe they should still change to just triggering off Heavy attacks) and with my being unable to test. I also found that change nowhere near as unique as it once was even if it was technically stronger. I mean, between having a name like Storm Master and hailing from a dungeon whose other sets having a decent thematic link to lightning and the sort for their effects, it just feels lackluster. I suppose having an effect similar to Stormfist's, in that the damage dealt bypasses Spell Resistance, wouldn't exactly be unique in itself but I feel even something like having a 10% chance to apply Concussed from Light and Heavy atttacks would serve it flavorful justice.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

Storm Master:

Mechanical Acuity:

Interesting. So the change does add increased damage directly to Light and Heavy attacks similar to Undaunted Infiltrator and Unweaver? It was a bit unclear from the wording, especially since they omitted that the set still works off critically striking with Heavy attacks (which I believe they should still change to just triggering off Heavy attacks) and with my being unable to test. I also found that change nowhere near as unique as it once was even if it was technically stronger. I mean, between having a name like Storm Master and hailing from a dungeon whose other sets having a decent thematic link to lightning and the sort for their effects, it just feels lackluster. I suppose having an effect similar to Stormfist's, in that the damage dealt bypasses Spell Resistance, wouldn't exactly be unique in itself but I feel even something like having a 10% chance to apply Concussed from Light and Heavy atttacks would serve it flavorful justice.

Yes the damage does add directly to light and heavy attacks, which has really helped with scaling. A chance to concuss may be just what it needs. Just something to keep the lightning theme. Its what drew me to the set all those years ago. All the light attack sets seemed to have gone generic, which has definitely improved their damage but also left them a little bland. If nothing else I'll be using the set because it changes up my rotation a little bit and is still fun to use.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

Storm Master:

Mechanical Acuity:

Yes the damage does add directly to light and heavy attacks, which has really helped with scaling. A chance to concuss may be just what it needs. Just something to keep the lightning theme. Its what drew me to the set all those years ago. All the light attack sets seemed to have gone generic, which has definitely improved their damage but also left them a little bland. If nothing else I'll be using the set because it changes up my rotation a little bit and is still fun to use.

That is awesome news then. I've always absolutely loved the set for giving stamsorc a bit of lightning to work with but always wanted it to be adjusted to be a little more useful. Of course it'll never be meta but being able to build around it better than before is definitely nice. In fact, I think it could synergize "decently" with the changed Yandir set on top of others.
    Edited by Celestro on July 24, 2020 1:55AM
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafted sets:

Assassin's Guile:
    2 Weapon and Spell Critical
    3 Weapon and Spell Damage
    4 Weapon and Spell Critical
    5 Increase Poison duration by 4 seconds

This set is still underwhelming, 5 piece duration should be extended to 5 or 6 seconds, or just add another 5 piece bonus like
    adds 1000 maximum health or 120 health recovery.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please tune down proc damage in PvP via Battlespirit for example. Proc damage is already extremely powerful on live server and will be beyond broken with these buffs :(

This right here would fix 90% of the pvp and pve discrepancy for sets. But knowing zos they'll see one pvp whine post and demolish the entire pve meta to compensate.... a simple proc sets have like 25-35% reduced damage from battle spirit would save alotta pointless nerfs
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    Crafted sets:

Assassin's Guile:
    2 Weapon and Spell Critical
    3 Weapon and Spell Damage
    4 Weapon and Spell Critical
    5 Increase Poison duration by 4 seconds

This set is still underwhelming, 5 piece duration should be extended to 5 or 6 seconds, or just add another 5 piece bonus like
    adds 1000 maximum health or 120 health recovery.

I concur with this.

You can get some interesting on paper 3-effect poisons that go from functionally useless (third effect lasts ~1.3 seconds normally) to intriguing but a set like this should really be buffing your poisons to 100% theoretical uptime (e.g. durations of at least 10 seconds) since you are literally dedicating your entire 5-piece toward it.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arkasis set has no range limit, you can be on the other side of cyrodiil and feed ultimate to your group mates.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please REVERSE the nerf you did to Queen's Elegance to accommodate your UN-IMPLEMENTED changes to light/heavy attacks. The set is completely useless right now. You didn't make the change to light/heavy attacks, but neglected to un-nerf Queen's Elegance.
  • igniz93
    igniz93
    ✭✭✭
    Revert the False God nerfs, it's a big mistake to compare a difficult to acquire set (veteran dlc trial) vs a craglorn normal trial. Maybe buff old sets instead of making everything lackluster? In most games I've played, devs reworked or buffed old items/characters etc. to reduce the power creep of newer items/characters. However, I've very rarely seen devs nerfing every new thing JUST to be in line with older stuff. That's just extreme development laziness.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Robes of Destruction Mastery are not really fantastic even after the buff. They still don't compete with better sets. Take Necropotence for example, it's not even run in trial environments when that's a situation when you as a magdps will always have Destro/Destro. When robes of destruction mastery still aren't nearly as good as Necropotence it just shows you they won't be run at all in that environment, or even pvp for that matter. They could pose a niche in pvp, where they offer a little bit more raw power than necropotence but as it's half spell damage, shields and your max magicka pool aren't buffed as much. Along with having the slightly tougher condition of needing 2 destruction staves for maximum benefit on both bars.

here is how i would change the set.

PTS Version:
    unknown.png

My Version:
    unknown.png

I've lowered the amount of max magicka gained back to what it was at 2400, but, I've added some bonus spell damage, along with changing the frankly unneeded spell critical bonus to a more noticeable spell damage bonus

meaning that the combined stats will be:
    333 Spell Damage
    3496 Maximum Magicka

compared to Necropotence:

6420 Maximum Magicka
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draugr's Heritage
    (5 items) When you take damage while you are under 35% Health, you knockdown all enemies within 4 meters of you for 2 seconds and heal for 8750 Health. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Problem: this set only procs if you have someone within 4 meters of you when you take damage below 35% health.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended (if intended the tooltip should first of all probably be clarified a bit), but the requirement makes the set feel really clunky to use as even a lot of melee abilities have 5m+ range & there are a lot of positional desyncs in PvP.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Ravjirthetrolleb17_ESO
    Ravjirthetrolleb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As a fan of Vaermina I have to share my feedback for the changes to Dreamer's Mantle, since most of those sets will propably stay in this state for the comming years. I have tested the proposed changes and they seem to work as intended.

As some people have posted before, restoring magicka on proc doesn't feel right. It barely has any synergy with the proc condition of being below 35% health and on top of that restoring 1058 magicka feels very underwhelming.

The first most obvious soulution to that would be to change it back to restore health again. Given the lowered cooldown for the proc, this would be a decent buff to the set.

My second idea would be to change the proc condition to just being hit and setting the cooldown to 10-15 seconds. Make it restore a decent amount of magicka or health and this could be a very interesting set for solo play, light armor dungeon tanking or even pvp.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Robes of Destruction Mastery are not really fantastic even after the buff. They still don't compete with better sets. Take Necropotence for example, it's not even run in trial environments when that's a situation when you as a magdps will always have Destro/Destro. When robes of destruction mastery still aren't nearly as good as Necropotence it just shows you they won't be run at all in that environment, or even pvp for that matter. They could pose a niche in pvp, where they offer a little bit more raw power than necropotence but as it's half spell damage, shields and your max magicka pool aren't buffed as much. Along with having the slightly tougher condition of needing 2 destruction staves for maximum benefit on both bars.

PTS Version:
    unknown.png

My Version:
    unknown.png

I've lowered the amount of max magicka gained back to what it was at 2400, but, I've added some bonus spell damage, along with changing the frankly unneeded spell critical bonus to a more noticeable spell damage bonus

333 Spell Damage
    3496 Maximum Magicka

6420 Maximum Magicka

The PTS version of Destruction Mastery is better than Necropotence for PVE DPS. Spell Crit and Spell Damage are better 3 and 4 piece bonuses, and these outweigh the loss of ~300 max magicka on the 5 piece.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

PTS Version:
    unknown.png

My Version:
    unknown.png

333 Spell Damage
    3496 Maximum Magicka

6420 Maximum Magicka

The PTS version of Destruction Mastery is better than Necropotence for PVE DPS. Spell Crit and Spell Damage are better 3 and 4 piece bonuses, and these outweigh the loss of ~300 max magicka on the 5 piece.

I did testing on pts, tooltips were much lower than necropotence ones, pretty certain 1pc of spell crit doesn't make up for much lower tooltips.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the purpose of the Redistributor set?

I've always liked the *idea* of the set but even with the reduced cooldown of 1 second it still seems like the epitome of uselessness.

At best, you are giving out a ~2k heal to one person in your group per second via over-healing yet there are other random proc sets like Draugr's Rest and Winter's Respite that give similar (or larger!) per second heals to literally your entire stacked group. And those sets have far better 2-4 bonuses than the generic Crafted Set Health/Stam/Mag triad.

Furthermore, the role of this set seems quite muddy. It *could* have provided an interesting method for achieving off-healing for tanks or damage-dealers in groups without a healer or even in PvP, but the weak 2-4 piece stats and overly long cooldown makes the opportunity cost of using it FAR too great.

This set direly needs one of two things (but preferably both):

1.) Eliminate the cooldown altogether (preferable) or reduce it to the Spell Parasite stack interval of 0.25 seconds. That will at least allow you to heal your dungeon group at the level of a regular HoT but you would still be left with a weak overall set.

2.) Decide who this set is for and modify the 2-4 piece stats accordingly. The Health/Stam/Mag triad is not cutting it. If it is meant for a damage-dealer, give it some Weapon/Spell Damage and Critical Chance. If it is meant for a tank, give it some Armor and Healing Received. If it is meant as a healing set, give it some Healing Done and Weapon/Spell Damage.

This combination of changes would give the set an actual purpose as well as a chance at actually fulfilling it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno