Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

● DOTS Megathread ●

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    Discussion Over Threads
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    Akagami94 wrote: »
    DHale wrote: »
    This is the best update in a while (San bugs) as for pvp after my first hour in cyrodil I put 81 points into thick skin and have since changed a little I think 66 I have zero further problems. If you don’t want to change your build then don’t but don’t think the rest of the forum warrior will get any sympathy from actual players. Most of us don’t stand in the rain we buy an umbrella.

U know Thick skinned isn't a defense towards dots? but direct damage... And ur cp1200?+

But loading more points into the place that helps with DoTs will help a ton. And yes Thick skinned is for DoTs, Ironclad is for Direct Damage.
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Althrimir- High Elf Sorcerer
    Daemog gro-Khazgur- Orc DK
    Mithllandel- Bosmer NB
    Althrimir Agarwen- High Elf NB
    Althreeza- Argonian Templar
    Maharic Laveash- High Elf Warden
    Caelia Althrilius- Imperial Sorc tank

Ebonheart Pact
    Althrimir Vorsaris- High Elf Magsorc Former Emp
    Jovorick Carington- High Elf Necromancer
    Alvika Ice-Wolf- Breton Magden
    Ermac Tomas- Dunmer Templar
    Kathariel Many-Arrows- Bosmer stamcro
    Jormiskr- lowbie nord dk
    Boney-Tail- Khajiit tank lowbie
    Haunted Luigi Board- Lowbie Argonian warden
    Should Follow Meta- Nord Necro
    Serkeril White-Paws- Khajiit NB

Daggerfall Covenant
    Toasty Tail- lowbie DC

• Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Sheesh, how are we ever gonna survive the slow killer ?

So, Vigor doesn't cut it ? Can't use the fighters' guild healing circle because it's not strong enough / you need to remain mobile ? Can't be arsed slotting class heals when you have them (if you have them) ?

Well, bring a bow. You have a spammable shot that heals for at least half the amount of that Dot's overall damage, each time it lands. The heal effect is no longer dependant on crowd control effect.

On the plus side, if we have to slot 3-4 heals maybe people won't have the barspace to run those 28m undodgeable DoTs.

It IS dodgeable
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »
    Its sad someone really thinks this is overpowered. 26k over 12s?
    Onslaught can do this on hit

Even then its 13000dmg in pvp with CP. Lower your magicka by 20% (+food) and you may end at 11k in no-cp.

Then -26% for average armor (20k) And you end at 8,2k. Thats 600dps.

Its nothing, even stacked with other dots

problem is if u got a could DoTs and ur enemy is also hitting light attack, suddenly 8K becomes a huge issue.

People posting tooltips and replying how good/bad is it in practice forgot to put the damn thing IN CONTEXT.

how's other skills compared? how's other classes? other ulti?

that's the problem. not the tooltip.

Ok when magicka will be able to build and play like this

We can talk about skills standardisation :)
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    The dots are strong, but they are not any stronger than the ridiculous front loaded burst that stamina builds have been enjoying for years. Did you really think running around a tree until your Dawnbreaker was ready made you a good player?

Suck it up buttercup! The dots are fine. You guys are just going to have to learn to play without God mode.

This, well sort of. lol.

I think DoTs are strong but not OP. Stamina still hits hard too tho.
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Althrimir- High Elf Sorcerer
    Daemog gro-Khazgur- Orc DK
    Mithllandel- Bosmer NB
    Althrimir Agarwen- High Elf NB
    Althreeza- Argonian Templar
    Maharic Laveash- High Elf Warden
    Caelia Althrilius- Imperial Sorc tank

Ebonheart Pact
    Althrimir Vorsaris- High Elf Magsorc Former Emp
    Jovorick Carington- High Elf Necromancer
    Alvika Ice-Wolf- Breton Magden
    Ermac Tomas- Dunmer Templar
    Kathariel Many-Arrows- Bosmer stamcro
    Jormiskr- lowbie nord dk
    Boney-Tail- Khajiit tank lowbie
    Haunted Luigi Board- Lowbie Argonian warden
    Should Follow Meta- Nord Necro
    Serkeril White-Paws- Khajiit NB

Daggerfall Covenant
    Toasty Tail- lowbie DC

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    hmmmm now I'm curious; since bleed respect resistance now, does wearing Spriggan gives penetration bonus to bleeds? it does improve direct damage but how about DoT ticks?

i know it doesn't affect skills like new Onslaught or Corrosive Armor, but how about sets like Spriggan or Unfathomable Darkness?

Corrosive armor does not give penetration, it ignores armor. And Onslaught specifically states it only works on direct damage attacks. Those are special cases. So there's no reason why normal penetration shouldn't work on bleeds.
    Edited by Sharee on August 14, 2019 5:57AM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭
    This patch I really do not like that ZOS has nerfed some AOE's, like boneyard on necro which I use as my main skill.
    But dot's are not overpowered, they take alot longer to kill anything vs someone with instant damaging attacks. The target is given time to kill the dotter or to remove it's effects. Something you can not do with instant damaging attacks.

In my opinion pvp should not dictate the balance in this game, as it only hurts pve'ers. Scaling skills balance with pvp in mind is an endless task. Just let some skills be a little more damaging, who cares. Why even waste time on this endless task of balancing, while at the same time hurting other players(pve'ers).

Just balance around pve and be done with it.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    This patch I really do not like that ZOS has nerfed some AOE's, like boneyard on necro which I use as my main skill.
    But dot's are not overpowered, they take alot longer to kill anything vs someone with instant damaging attacks. The target is given time to kill the dotter or to remove it's effects. Something you can not do with instant damaging attacks.

In my opinion pvp should not dictate the balance in this game, as it only hurts pve'ers. Scaling skills balance with pvp in mind is an endless task. Just let some skills be a little more damaging, who cares. Why even waste time on this endless task of balancing, while at the same time hurting other players(pve'ers).

Just balance around pve and be done with it.

It doesn't make any sense to balance around PvE.
    PvE is static, mobs have flat damage numbers and health which can always be adapted without having to buff or nerf any class.

PvP performance of every class however is affected by every single change that affects players which is a huge amount of changes that have different effects on PvP that can't be nailed down for every single encounter exactly.

The argument about PvP hurtig pve is wrong it has been brought up countless times but there is no denial that damage only knew one direction and that's upwards for all classes.
    Dps has always behaved like the economic power graph of big countries, no matter how much a temporary nerf, (war) ,to keep in the picture of economic power graphs, reduced the value afterwards it just like there was no war in between.
    Best example for this is Germany in the period of 1900-1980 and for ESO dps check pre morrowind to now.

Also not a single PvP player wanted the single target damage increase Ground aoes were always a non issue in pvp (excluding the dot fiasco) from a PvP standpoint there was no reason to change anything it was purely done from a PvE standpoint.

Balance should always be done around PvP as PvE has and always will be able to adapt to static fights.
    In PvE we're talking about some percentages of dps loss while PvP is unplayable right now.
    Imagine every trial boss just going ham on your group and nuking you with no counterplay available even if you didn't do a single mistake
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Can someone post rending slashes tooltip? :)
    stats
    Heu6eKi.png
    blood craze
    4R4K10d.png
    entropy
    hhAxcnm.png
    Before u start crying, bloodcraze with masters
    G2m4i7H.png

It doesnt look very balanced for me, without masters there isnt any reason to even compare them, with masters (which is the guilty here), they are kinda comparable, tho still would take ranged dot not bound to any weapon tree, undodgeable and with major sorcery on top over bloodcraze any time

Yeah, Entropy is OP. it has even 200 more dps than non master blood craze without counting in weapon passives which include execute, chance to proc another dot and more damage against players with certain rather common status effects..

I'm not defending this dot meta and if you want to nerf dots then nerf them but please, keep entropy as viable dot so we don't have to spam those stupidly expensive spell power to get sorcery buff lol.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I finally like ZOS for what they did for us the pvp noobs. Now we have a chance vs more experienced but a bit unprepared players ;). I found it quite amusing to kill few people in 1on1 today, with a simple magblade noob build and 4 skills plus the resto staff heavy attack :). In fact I just stood in place and hit the skills and they died. Mother's sorrow, julianos, no monster set, 78% crit chance.
    Thank you ZOS for the patch and please do not return to previous settings :).

And there we have it guys, the real reason why ZOS did what they did.
    Noobs can now compete in pvp and also in pve.
    Edited by amir412 on August 14, 2019 1:52PM
    PC | EU | AD |Veteran Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1020 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Keep in mind blood craze has an initial hit while entropy does not. Using the tooltips provided:

Entropy DPS: 33334/12 = 2778
    Blood craze(non-master) DPS: (2391+2391+22855)/10 = 27673/10 = 2764

So entropy only has 14 DPS more than non master blood craze, not 200.

Whups! totally didn't forgot that the initial hit happens twice! :D
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to deal with the dots
    Heavy Armour: luagh and shrug them off with a little hot added in
    light armour: purge, sheild, heal
    Medium armour: curl up and die

and no, going "use a purge" or "just pop vigor" isn't going to fix the issue for two reasons
    1: regular purge costs almost the entirety of a stam builds mag pool, might be able to use it twice if your bvuilt for it [three times with efficent, same gooes for templar class purge..that cost increase HURT]
    2: You're getting ~1K per tick from resolving vigor..that's enough to counter...one of the 8+ dots you'll have applied to you at any one time

Proposed fix
    Roll the dots back to how they used to be
    OR
    Give medium armour dot resist built in as a passive
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots are too damn strong especially in battlegrounds where you are guaranteed to get focused down. As others have mentioned unique builds are being thrown out the window due to homogenization.

Dots should be nerfed and the aoe damage changes should be reverted so that PvE doesn't become a hassle due to everything being nerfed.
    (AD) Artim X |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer.

My Easygoing Builds
    Electric-Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/hokMyu1PAKfJK/giphy.gif
    Proc free DPS build for when a tank isn't holding bosses in place and for times where one is not getting buffed by a healer.
    Gear: 5 Netch's Touch (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max Mag Enchants), 2 Slimecraw (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Hardened WardDampen Magic, Lightning Flood, and Power Overload.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Streak, Shock Reach, Dampen Magic, Unstable Wall of Storms, and Thunderous Rage.

Electric-Burn
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0IzNaAxQb8tJq5W/giphy.gif
    DPS build for more organized groups.
    Gear: 5 Burning Spellweave (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max mag enchants), 2 Ilambris (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Inferno Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Hardened Ward, Lightning Flood, and Power Overload.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Streak, Flame Reach, Dampen Magic, Unstable Wall of Fire, and Fiery Rage.

Electric-Cool
    https://media.giphy.com/media/GgbCiS1rMjGFy/giphy.gif
    Utility focused DPS build that is capable of tanking normal dungeons and vet non dlc dungeons, but it does not provide enough tank based buffs/debuffs to warrant it's use in trials/vet dlc dungeons and due to the limits of damage shields it would be too much of a liability due to the sheer number of potential one-shot mechanics that a pure tank would have an easier time dealing with.
    Gear: 5 Icy Conjuror (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max Mag Enchants), 2 Iceheart (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Ice Staff (infused/ice enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath (Elemental Drain in vet content if healer isn't using it), Hardened Ward, Lightning Flood, and Power Overload (Replenishing Barrier when healer isn't keeping others alive).
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Streak (Inner Rage when dealing with multiple bosses), Frost Reach (Restraining Prison when I want to lock enemies down), Dampen Magic, Unstable Wall of Frost, and Icy Rage (Aggressive Horn when DPS is decent).

Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    My healer build that I for the most part only use in normal dungeons, since the group finder will more often than not place me in a group that lacks DPS, has a fake tank, or both. I personally would never heal a pug trial even on normal.
    Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max Mag Enchants), 2 spell critical monster set pieces when I don't feel like using spell crit pots, Grothdarr when I want to do more damage, or Earthgore when I feel like it would make a significant difference (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 heavy. Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (infused with weapon damage enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Combat Prayer, Ward Ally, Energy Orb, and Replenishing Barrier.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Hardened Ward, Unstable Wall of Storms, and Aggressive Horn.

Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    Tanky utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players, but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (mostly heavy with medium bracers and light sash. All impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants), 1 Domihaus (heavy impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants), 1 monster set piece that adds resistance (heavy impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants. ex: Pirate Skeleton, Mighty Chudan, and Lord Warden), and Knight Slayer jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant. Same enchant as lightning in order to maintain consistent pressure regardless of which staff you're heavy attacking with).
    Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Efficient Purge, Ward Ally, Rapid Regeneration, and Life Giver.
    Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Elusive Mist, Accelerating Drain, Hardened Ward, Unstable Wall of Storms (Radiant Magelight or Lingering Flare when nb hunting alongside others. Overflowing Altar when roleplaying a pure vamp healer), and Devouring Swarm.

Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    Damage shield tank designed to help my guildmates clear vet dungeons when a typical tank isn't available.
    Gear: 5 Brands of the Imperium (infused chest/legs and everything else divines. Max Mag Enchants), 2 Iceheart (infused head and divines shoulder 1 med/1 light. Max Mag Enchants). Combat Physician jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/Ice Staff (infused/crusher). Blackrose Restoration Staff (doesn't have to be the perfect version. infused/hardening enchant).
    Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Bound Aegis, Inner Rage, Boundless Storm, Ward Ally, and Replenishing Barrier.
    Ability-Bar 2: Deep Thoughts, Bound Aegis, Restraining Prison (Elemental Drain in vet content if healer isn't using it), Unstable Wall of Frost, Hardened Ward, and Temporal Guard.

PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or infused chest/legs and everything else divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or infused head and divines shoulder. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap. Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).

Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.

Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    PvP: The Atronach, since wearing heavy has consequences even with food that boosts mag regen.
    PvE: I will almost always use the Atronach in this content as well (especially if I'm healing in PvE or playing it safe while solo), since I use blue or gold max resource food. However, in a strong group other Mundus Stones can be effective (Thief is what I would use in a serious group), since a heavy attack rotation will ensure that you're are always restoring magicka at a decent rate. When using electric-ward in vet content I will always use the Lady to reach 25k+ physical/spell resistances.

Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/u22XLkonvcDba/giphy.gif
    Mag Sorc: More focused on damage, since changing CP isn't free. Mage: Elfborn (56), Spell Erosion (22), Elemental Expert (64), Staff Expert (35), Master-at-Arms (18), and Thaumaturge (75). Warrior: Ironclad (34), Resistant (20), Hardy (32), Elemental Defender (32), Thick Skinned (31), Expert Defender (33), Bastion (56), and Quick Recovery (32). Thief: Warlord (31), Sprinter (6), Bashing Focus (6), Arcanist (75), Tenacity (75), Shade (25), Tumbling (26), and Shadow Ward (26).

Rotations
    https://i.imgur.com/UuedhQX.mp4
    Mag Sorc: (In your gameplay settings turn on quick cast ground abilities) Buff up with Boundless and Entropy, weapon swap immediately after casting the previous skill, drop Rage if it's active (only drop it on significant bosses or in situations with lots of enemies where you know you'll have the ult filled up by the next boss), Reach, Unstable, quickly weapon swap, Liquid Lightning, two heavy attacks, activate either Entropy or Boundless, cancel the animation of the buff used with a weapon swap, and repeat. If you have an excessive amount of ult and you're dealing with trash mobs activate overload before performing the rotation, but don't heavy attack for too long. If you have enough ult for Rage while you're fighting a serious boss and you're in the middle of the rotation just focus on activating the ultimate, afterwards either continue the rotation or start from scratch. During the execute phase (around 20% health) replace the second heavy attack with about 4 to 5 Mages' Wrath, but if boss is melting quick just keep spamming Wrath (hold heavy attack while spamming Wrath).

When frost staff tanking a single boss buff up with Boundless and Entropy, weapon swap immediately after casting the previous skill, heavy attack with the ice staff, drop Rage if it's active, Reach/Restraining (at times can be replaced with an additional lightning staff heavy for sustain), Unstable, quickly weapon swap, Liquid Lightning, one heavy attack (two if clench isn't used), activate either Entropy or Boundless, cancel the animation of the buff used with a weapon swap, one heavy attack, and repeat. If frost staff tanking multiple bosses buff up with Boundless and Entropy, weapon swap immediately after casting the previous skill, heavy attack with the ice staff each enemy, drop Rage if it's active, Blockade, quickly weapon swap, Liquid Lightning, partial heavy attack all the bosses in order to proc IA (pink smoke), activate either Surge or Boundless, cancel the animation of the buff used with a weapon swap, heavy attack all the bosses, and repeat. Can also slot in Inner Rage and forego heavy attacking with the ice staff. If using inner rage after getting agro perform the DPS oriented rotation and retake aggro after 1 rotation. Most challenging bosses to keep aggroed will be the Pact in the Blessed Crucible and the knights in the White-Gold Tower, since you need to keep 3 enemies taunted, but they can also be locked down with Restraining. During the execute phase on a single target (around 20% health) replace the second heavy attack with a partial heavy attack in order to proc IA and around 4 to 5 Mages' Wrath, but if boss is melting quick just keep spamming Wrath (hold block while spamming Wrath).

When healing in PvE just keep all support skills and Unstable up. Heavy attack primarily with a restoration staff whenever you can. Be reactive with your heals (when someone is scratched use ward ally and top them off with some Prayers). When taking a lot of continuous damage make sure to have all buffs/debuffs up while keeping Energy Orb active in the group. At the boss use the horn ult, but only when the group has decent survivability and damage. If too many players lack survivability then use the barrier ult to make life easier (longer fight, but less risk of death). Can use barrier when dealing with trash mobs (low cost and gives back ult).

In PvP you'll rarely be in a scenario where you can perform a PvE esque rotation with AOE unless you're performing a single target burst. When dealing with someone who doesn't walk out of AOE and they aren't applying too much pressure on you (true tank build or inexperienced player) drop Unstable, stun, weapon swap, and heavy attack around 2 to 3 times (restoration heavies gives back more resources). Rinse and repeat till they die and use ults as needed, but make sure to keep your health and shields up whenever you take significant damage (might have to keep one's distance if a dk is using a skill like draw essence). When in a high pressure situation stay on the lightning staff bar and keep hardened ward up (also Unstable when dealing with melee enemies or players that don't care about moving out of AOE) while stunning and heavy attacking hostiles make sure to keep primary buffs up, heal up, purge, and shield stack as needed. When dealing with a large amount of enemy players alongside your faction keep your distance from friendlies (avoid bombs) and try to apply time freeze, unstable, and shooting star/negate on the enemies whenever possible. Time freeze is expensive so try to complete a full heavy attack whenever you get the chance. Also keep Rapid Regeneration up on friendlies taking damage to build up ult and to keep them in the fight. If you get debuffs on you be careful not to overuse efficient purge, which is still quite costly. If not grouped up do not bother using purge on a debuffed friendly, since it will not affect them at all.

In PvE and PvP make sure to utilize tab target to keep track of priority enemies. Use streak in PvE for mag based movement that also allows you to stun a group of enemies. Use elusive mist for mag based movement, snare removal, and damage mitigation in PvP (can also be used in stealth).

In PvP when solo taking a resource ride your mount towards the tower, aggro the two guards at the front of the entrance, then head on inside the tower, buff up, purge, head up the stairs, kill everyone that follows especially the mage guard, kill everyone on the flag, and flip.

Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    Blue/Gold Food for PvE:
    (DPS/Healing) Mistral Banana-Bunny Hash/Melon-Baked Parmesan Pork/Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup. Increase Max Health by 5395 and Max Magicka by 4936 for 1 hour. For lowering vampirism use Double Bloody Mara, but then use blue food to min/max resources, since it only increases Max Magicka by 4620 and Max Health by 5051 for 2 hours If you're a vampire, the blood in this drink will also mildly sate you (can spam mist or drain to get back to stage 4 vampirism). This also helps when dealing with content that has a lot of fire damage (ex: Vet Bloodroot Forge).

Purple/Gold Food for PvP and PvE:
    (PvP healer/PvE serious tank) Witchmother's Potent Brew (increases Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours. If I were wasteful with my gold I'd min-max with Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours).

Trash Potions when feeling cheap:
    Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.

Crafted Potions:
    Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch (stage 4 vampire), and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking).
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭
    just adding some screenshots that show how unbalanced dots are:

cchyIoq.jpg

love how the empowered crit LA only deals a bit more damage than the following dots ticks (which weren't crits only)

cF5Y0gx.jpg

cQJYlCI.jpg

Edited by BohnT2 on August 14, 2019 3:10PM
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there’s a bit of a meltdown happening here. I have been playing medium stam sorc since the beginning of time (both of which are currently considered to be weaker than their counterparts by the community) and I have been shredding faces in battlegrounds and CP Cyrodiil. Adjust your build. Try new skills. Try using a defensive set. This is an MMO; your build isn’t the best, win it all, 1vX, can beat any other class in every situation because I’m wearing meta sets, blah blah blah.

I had already completely redesigned my build on UESP based on patch notes and had it farmed out and ready to go when Scalebreaker dropped. I’m still missing 4 impen bonuses from armor while I wait for end of camp rewards and it doesn’t matter because I know what my build’s strengths and weaknesses are and I use them to my advantage.

Adapt and overcome. The DOTs are strong this patch. Invest some CP in thick skinned or something. You will not win every fight, especially if you are outnumbered or in a fight where your enemy is running a “rock” build when you are running a “scissors” build.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

cchyIoq.jpg

love how the empowered crit LA only deals a bit more damage than the following dots ticks (which weren't crits only)

cF5Y0gx.jpg

cQJYlCI.jpg

uhh what? Aren't those all different players? How can you be certain who is running what to even make a comparison?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »

cchyIoq.jpg

cF5Y0gx.jpg

cQJYlCI.jpg

uhh what? Aren't those all different players? How can you be certain who is running what to even make a comparison?

Because i know all of them and just compare the dot values to the other hits
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    I think there’s a bit of a meltdown happening here. I have been playing medium stam sorc since the beginning of time (both of which are currently considered to be weaker than their counterparts by the community) and I have been shredding faces in battlegrounds and CP Cyrodiil. Adjust your build. Try new skills. Try using a defensive set. This is an MMO; your build isn’t the best, win it all, 1vX, can beat any other class in every situation because I’m wearing meta sets, blah blah blah.

I had already completely redesigned my build on UESP based on patch notes and had it farmed out and ready to go when Scalebreaker dropped. I’m still missing 4 impen bonuses from armor while I wait for end of camp rewards and it doesn’t matter because I know what my build’s strengths and weaknesses are and I use them to my advantage.

Adapt and overcome. The DOTs are strong this patch. Invest some CP in thick skinned or something. You will not win every fight, especially if you are outnumbered or in a fight where your enemy is running a “rock” build when you are running a “scissors” build.

I haven't experienced the update personally, but I've been watching a lot of PC streams and I'm just not seeing the oppressive, "everything is terrible, DoTs OP" kind of play that is over-reported here. I do see that stam has to deal with more ranged DoTs than they did previously, but main problems I've seen is that some skills still don't work and ulti cast times are a pain.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Xbox One NA
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »

I like running builds with no hard counters, I'm not sure that's possible this patch.

I switched my medium stamsorc to heavy, mundus to steed, added troll king, and slotted soul splitting trap for the nearly guaranteed crit surge heals and buffed damage. I found that running medium armor with protective jewelry and BRP dual wield was not enough defense against dots. Hots are king for defense.
    Edited by akray21 on August 14, 2019 4:35PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed "DoTs" giving me any issues in none CP PvP. So either I've just been lucky or this is yet another issue regarding PvP that stems from CP set ups in particular.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 14, 2019 4:32PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    1481682765343.gif

HANDLE IT!*

* You earn 50 DKP if you understand this reference.

I was looking for this.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 975 || PC/NA ||
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow so I’m gimping myself sticking with blackrose bow and sheer venom and double dot poisons
    Should I just respec to magblade and just use one dot
    Farewell flying daggers my old friend :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always run Entropy on my MagDk. Flame Lash, Leap, Light Attack (I weave), Entropy/Powerlash (they always ran neck and neck) were how I killed people.

In PvP there’s been a noticeable uptick in Entropy deaths. Ember and Engulfing, yeah I killed folks with them but Entropy has been noticeable.
    Witch up, lil' witches!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the dot meta dawned upon me, and i realised how bad this game has become now..

tenor.gif
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet my last dollar I'm going to see a names like " DOT me daddy" or "Its Raining DOTS" when this releases on console.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeKmFF9.jpg

This patch is garbage, 2 ppl on me, 5700 damage per second from braindead dots. Well played. So skilled.
    No cp - my build: i'm in heavy, TK, 5k health recov, 3.8k wpn dmg, major protection on demand. Impossible to play solo if you have a few of these noobs on you.

lmao Force Pulse did 1k. K~~~ *balanced game*

But did you use encase or rune prison? (See hints)