The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best update in a while (San bugs) as for pvp after my first hour in cyrodil I put 81 points into thick skin and have since changed a little I think 66 I have zero further problems. If you don’t want to change your build then don’t but don’t think the rest of the forum warrior will get any sympathy from actual players. Most of us don’t stand in the rain we buy an umbrella.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite flavor of DOTS are the pink ones.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    Did someone say ....

... DOTs? 😝
    dot ?
    xzp6Ub0.gif

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    DHale wrote: »
    This is the best update in a while (San bugs) as for pvp after my first hour in cyrodil I put 81 points into thick skin and have since changed a little I think 66 I have zero further problems. If you don’t want to change your build then don’t but don’t think the rest of the forum warrior will get any sympathy from actual players. Most of us don’t stand in the rain we buy an umbrella.
    PARTY IS OVER DOT META COUNTERED GG GF EZ
    Edited by Ulfgarde on August 13, 2019 7:27PM
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    How can you comment on how PvP plays without playing it? LMAO

1. Because I've been playing PvP in these games, and far better games to boot, for 20+ years. Patterns emerge and realities exist that never change with nerf herders and their never ending mewling.
    2. Poster Kadoin above me said it better than I have.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 16, 2019 7:02PM
  • Akagami94
    Akagami94
    ✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    DHale wrote: »

U know Thick skinned isn't a defense towards dots? but direct damage... And ur cp1200?+
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    Like Jesus, there’s what? 20 threads about this topic now? ZoS is gonna have a field day

There were 34 actually :)))
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Jesus, there’s what? 20 threads about this topic now? ZoS is gonna have a field day

There were 34 actually :)))

O h g o d
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now that there's an official thread, it's very quiet. So, is it that a couple of ranged DoTs got buffed or that stamina heals got a little bit boned?
  • Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    So when are Zos going to address the issue that dots are overperforming? 34 threads just on the second day of the patch says it all about the state of dots.
    SDk & MSorc.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change happened. PANIC!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have to be a part of this thread since apparently, its now official.

Think half the group I ran with last night, will be on Templars tonight. I mean; I'm all about a renaissance of damage templars, but I always thought it would be through being well designed, not simply the ability to purge DOTs
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I just have to be a part of this thread since apparently, its now official.

Think half the group I ran with last night, will be on Templars tonight. I mean; I'm all about a renaissance of damage templars, but I always thought it would be through being well designed, not simply the ability to purge DOTs

Our group approach last night was to run all mag blades and cloak off the dots. It worked occasionally,for me at least (don't have a lot of time on mag blade)
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya screwed me ZoS! I have a hard enough time doing end content without being able to pull 74k . Now Im getting my arse kicked in vet Dungeons.
    Im going to go do real end content now and furnish my house....
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum complains about pets and shields.

Solution: ZoS nerfs pets and shields, and also nerfs Surge, so the only useful way to get Major Sorcery is now on a DoT.

Forum somehow now flooded with posts about too many DoTs.

Likely Solution: ZoS will nerf DoTs, and also turns Caltrops into a self-heal and taunt.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a joke
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1481682765343.gif

HANDLE IT!*

* You earn 50 DKP if you understand this reference.

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pts forum had threads saying the dots where to strong for the entire 4 weeks nothing changed nothing going to change having them on the general discussion devs determined to run the game into the ground
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    This is now the official DoT thread. So I'll start by saying I think ZOS needs to buff ranged DoTs

Ye buff all dots who needs melee PvP, let's all just point our long sticks at each other and whoever has most dots on him dies, whoever's dot ticks last get the kill.
    Yaay sensible combat.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KageNin wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    This is now the official DoT thread. So I'll start by saying I think ZOS needs to buff ranged DoTs

Ye buff all dots who needs melee PvP, let's all just point our long sticks at each other and whoever has most dots on him dies, whoever's dot ticks last get the kill.
    Yaay sensible combat.

Melee? lolololololol
    Now, it is trash in PvP.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally like ZOS for what they did for us the pvp noobs. Now we have a chance vs more experienced but a bit unprepared players ;). I found it quite amusing to kill few people in 1on1 today, with a simple magblade noob build and 4 skills plus the resto staff heavy attack :). In fact I just stood in place and hit the skills and they died. Mother's sorrow, julianos, no monster set, 78% crit chance.
    Thank you ZOS for the patch and please do not return to previous settings :).
    Edited by Gargath on August 13, 2019 10:50PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Can someone post rending slashes tooltip? :)
    stats
    Heu6eKi.png
    blood craze
    4R4K10d.png
    entropy
    hhAxcnm.png
    Before u start crying, bloodcraze with masters
    G2m4i7H.png

It doesnt look very balanced for me, without masters there isnt any reason to even compare them, with masters (which is the guilty here), they are kinda comparable, tho still would take ranged dot not bound to any weapon tree, undodgeable and with major sorcery on top over bloodcraze any time

Wow nice :) I love it and this is the way it should stay <3 Destructive reach and clench got nerfed (while Draining and Magnum Shot is still awesome) because Masters Staff so now Craze is far behind entropy, seems fair to me :trollface: I think that scaling is made because 4k weapon damage is pretty low when it goes to PvP builds (you can reach it with random gear and be still very effective) for stamina but when it goes to Magicka it's very high ;) Shall we see which tooltip can reach higher numbers on usable build?

of course 4k spell dmg is kinda unrealistic on normal buils, to high. Same with laughable 31k max magicka. U can easily pull 40+k on cp, even 50k if u really spec into it. And dont forget about light armor penetration, which increases actual dmg of those dots. I could also pull higher weapon dmg here on those screenshots, on stamina if would put points into agility. But then those things wouldnt be comparable.

Magnum shot and Draining shot got nerfed too, they lowered range, so u cant get 41m spammer, also cost got increased pretty hard. Both reach and draining range spam was cancer, now they got tuned down, tho master staff needs rework.

The thing is u're so biased vs stam, that u dont really look for actual balance, just "hurr, durr, stamina had bleeds, now magicka should keep broken dots too". Maybe if u would stay out of cloak a bit longer or stay away from ad zergs u would be able to realise how strong current dots are :trollface:

Someone is mad at me? :trollface: Oh I can be met very often far from zergs, I just jump where the action is but you can try to see me at Brindle, Carmala, Blast or Drake, Crops very often and COMPLETLY ALONE. Somehow I don't remember I ever saw you alone :)

But this has nothing to do with the discussion :) I'm not trying to justify current dots with bleeds being op in the past, I'm just trying to make sure when the nerf will come (and it will come for sure) all dots gonna get nerfed, not only Magicka ones. Somehow during those 2 evenings I was able to see same amount of rending slashes on my recap as entropy and the rest. Even more! Rending as for now has the title of highest damage per tick on my recap (I was not switching any gear during gameplay).

I am concerned about balance, but the real balance, where magicka is as deadly as stamina, where both sides can kill each other. You are more concerned about maintaining status quo (which is not the same as balance), where stamina was on top: for every one magicka char I could see at least 2-3 stamina ones - noCP and except of sorcs ofc.

I don't care when or how dots will get nerfed, but when it will start, I'd like to see ALL dots nerfed, not just the ones that are inconvenient for certain group of people.
    Edited by Mayrael on August 13, 2019 10:54PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Its sad someone really thinks this is overpowered. 26k over 12s?
    Onslaught can do this on hit

Even then its 13000dmg in pvp with CP. Lower your magicka by 20% (+food) and you may end at 11k in no-cp.

Then -26% for average armor (20k) And you end at 8,2k. Thats 600dps.

Its nothing, even stacked with other dots

problem is if u got a could DoTs and ur enemy is also hitting light attack, suddenly 8K becomes a huge issue.

People posting tooltips and replying how good/bad is it in practice forgot to put the damn thing IN CONTEXT.

how's other skills compared? how's other classes? other ulti?

that's the problem. not the tooltip.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »
    In PvP that is ~13k damage over 12 seconds (unmitigated).
    When someone does PvP with 15k mag resist (which is pretty low) then it should be mitigating around 20% magic damage.
    13k x 0.8 = 10400 /12 = 866 /second

Not even taking target's defensive CP into the calculation.
    But I estimate, with this tool tip, you would, on average, do maybe 500 DPS on other players.

Or did I just step into the sarcasm trap :open_mouth:

makes you wonder how some sorcs hit Overload with 6-10k per tick for an overall 15-25k damage in a few seconds.....
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consolidating all DOTS discussion into one convenient location is convenient for.......yup, ZOS.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    u killed meduim armor this patch/ dots everywhere
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm now I'm curious; since bleed respect resistance now, does wearing Spriggan gives penetration bonus to bleeds? it does improve direct damage but how about DoT ticks?

i know it doesn't affect skills like new Onslaught or Corrosive Armor, but how about sets like Spriggan or Unfathomable Darkness?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akagami94 wrote: »
    MojaveHeld wrote: »
    These DoT buffs were incredibly necessary to compensate for the major dps nerfs in other areas of PvE. So every "Nerf DoTs!" thread that doesn't also contain calls to buff other areas of dps, is pointless and meritless.

competensate for the major dps nerfs in pvE? Almost every dps build can atleast do 60k or more dps on bosses! We do so much dmg now that we complete skip mechanics! is that what u want?

wow really? i need to practice on my dummy at home again....
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akagami94 wrote: »
    MojaveHeld wrote: »
    These DoT buffs were incredibly necessary to compensate for the major dps nerfs in other areas of PvE. So every "Nerf DoTs!" thread that doesn't also contain calls to buff other areas of dps, is pointless and meritless.

competensate for the major dps nerfs in pvE? Almost every dps build can atleast do 60k or more dps on bosses! We do so much dmg now that we complete skip mechanics! is that what u want?

That's only true for old content. New content is still designed around the current power level. ZOS would need to go back and re-design all damage parameters in every trials since Morrowind in order for people to be able to complete them.

I certainly wouldn't mind an across-the-board adjustment of all PvE content and then a reduction to power creep. But that's a big project and is unlikely to happen.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya screwed me ZoS! I have a hard enough time doing end content without being able to pull 74k . Now Im getting my arse kicked in vet Dungeons.
    Im going to go do real end content now and furnish my house....

DPS hasn't actually changed with this update. You should be pulling the same numbers as before, if not higher.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 14, 2019 12:34AM