Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    Discussion Over Threads
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    Akagami94 wrote: »
    DHale wrote: »
    This is the best update in a while (San bugs) as for pvp after my first hour in cyrodil I put 81 points into thick skin and have since changed a little I think 66 I have zero further problems. If you don’t want to change your build then don’t but don’t think the rest of the forum warrior will get any sympathy from actual players. Most of us don’t stand in the rain we buy an umbrella.

U know Thick skinned isn't a defense towards dots? but direct damage... And ur cp1200?+

But loading more points into the place that helps with DoTs will help a ton. And yes Thick skinned is for DoTs, Ironclad is for Direct Damage.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Sheesh, how are we ever gonna survive the slow killer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

So, Vigor doesn't cut it ? Can't use the fighters' guild healing circle because it's not strong enough / you need to remain mobile ? Can't be arsed slotting class heals when you have them (if you have them) ?

Well, bring a bow. You have a spammable shot that heals for at least half the amount of that Dot's overall damage, each time it lands. The heal effect is no longer dependant on crowd control effect.

On the plus side, if we have to slot 3-4 heals maybe people won't have the barspace to run those 28m undodgeable DoTs.

It IS dodgeable
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    The dots are strong, but they are not any stronger than the ridiculous front loaded burst that stamina builds have been enjoying for years. Did you really think running around a tree until your Dawnbreaker was ready made you a good player?

Suck it up buttercup! The dots are fine. You guys are just going to have to learn to play without God mode.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »
    Its sad someone really thinks this is overpowered. 26k over 12s?
    Onslaught can do this on hit

Even then its 13000dmg in pvp with CP. Lower your magicka by 20% (+food) and you may end at 11k in no-cp.

Then -26% for average armor (20k) And you end at 8,2k. Thats 600dps.

Its nothing, even stacked with other dots

problem is if u got a could DoTs and ur enemy is also hitting light attack, suddenly 8K becomes a huge issue.

People posting tooltips and replying how good/bad is it in practice forgot to put the damn thing IN CONTEXT.

how's other skills compared? how's other classes? other ulti?

that's the problem. not the tooltip.

Ok when magicka will be able to build and play like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UBMmDMfJDE

We can talk about skills standardisation :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dots are strong, but they are not any stronger than the ridiculous front loaded burst that stamina builds have been enjoying for years. Did you really think running around a tree until your Dawnbreaker was ready made you a good player?

Suck it up buttercup! The dots are fine. You guys are just going to have to learn to play without God mode.

This, well sort of. lol.

I think DoTs are strong but not OP. Stamina still hits hard too tho.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    hmmmm now I'm curious; since bleed respect resistance now, does wearing Spriggan gives penetration bonus to bleeds? it does improve direct damage but how about DoT ticks?

i know it doesn't affect skills like new Onslaught or Corrosive Armor, but how about sets like Spriggan or Unfathomable Darkness?

Corrosive armor does not give penetration, it ignores armor. And Onslaught specifically states it only works on direct damage attacks. Those are special cases. So there's no reason why normal penetration shouldn't work on bleeds.
    Edited by Sharee on August 14, 2019 5:57AM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This patch I really do not like that ZOS has nerfed some AOE's, like boneyard on necro which I use as my main skill.
    But dot's are not overpowered, they take alot longer to kill anything vs someone with instant damaging attacks. The target is given time to kill the dotter or to remove it's effects. Something you can not do with instant damaging attacks.

In my opinion pvp should not dictate the balance in this game, as it only hurts pve'ers. Scaling skills balance with pvp in mind is an endless task. Just let some skills be a little more damaging, who cares. Why even waste time on this endless task of balancing, while at the same time hurting other players(pve'ers).

Just balance around pve and be done with it.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    This patch I really do not like that ZOS has nerfed some AOE's, like boneyard on necro which I use as my main skill.
    But dot's are not overpowered, they take alot longer to kill anything vs someone with instant damaging attacks. The target is given time to kill the dotter or to remove it's effects. Something you can not do with instant damaging attacks.

In my opinion pvp should not dictate the balance in this game, as it only hurts pve'ers. Scaling skills balance with pvp in mind is an endless task. Just let some skills be a little more damaging, who cares. Why even waste time on this endless task of balancing, while at the same time hurting other players(pve'ers).

Just balance around pve and be done with it.

It doesn't make any sense to balance around PvE.
    PvE is static, mobs have flat damage numbers and health which can always be adapted without having to buff or nerf any class.

PvP performance of every class however is affected by every single change that affects players which is a huge amount of changes that have different effects on PvP that can't be nailed down for every single encounter exactly.

The argument about PvP hurtig pve is wrong it has been brought up countless times but there is no denial that damage only knew one direction and that's upwards for all classes.
    Dps has always behaved like the economic power graph of big countries, no matter how much a temporary nerf, (war) ,to keep in the picture of economic power graphs, reduced the value afterwards it just like there was no war in between.
    Best example for this is Germany in the period of 1900-1980 and for ESO dps check pre morrowind to now.

Also not a single PvP player wanted the single target damage increase Ground aoes were always a non issue in pvp (excluding the dot fiasco) from a PvP standpoint there was no reason to change anything it was purely done from a PvE standpoint.

Balance should always be done around PvP as PvE has and always will be able to adapt to static fights.
    In PvE we're talking about some percentages of dps loss while PvP is unplayable right now.
    Imagine every trial boss just going ham on your group and nuking you with no counterplay available even if you didn't do a single mistake
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Can someone post rending slashes tooltip? :)
    stats
    Heu6eKi.png
    blood craze
    4R4K10d.png
    entropy
    hhAxcnm.png
    Before u start crying, bloodcraze with masters
    G2m4i7H.png

It doesnt look very balanced for me, without masters there isnt any reason to even compare them, with masters (which is the guilty here), they are kinda comparable, tho still would take ranged dot not bound to any weapon tree, undodgeable and with major sorcery on top over bloodcraze any time

Yeah, Entropy is OP. it has even 200 more dps than non master blood craze without counting in weapon passives which include execute, chance to proc another dot and more damage against players with certain rather common status effects..

I'm not defending this dot meta and if you want to nerf dots then nerf them but please, keep entropy as viable dot so we don't have to spam those stupidly expensive spell power to get sorcery buff lol.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I finally like ZOS for what they did for us the pvp noobs. Now we have a chance vs more experienced but a bit unprepared players ;). I found it quite amusing to kill few people in 1on1 today, with a simple magblade noob build and 4 skills plus the resto staff heavy attack :). In fact I just stood in place and hit the skills and they died. Mother's sorrow, julianos, no monster set, 78% crit chance.
    Thank you ZOS for the patch and please do not return to previous settings :).

And there we have it guys, the real reason why ZOS did what they did.
    Noobs can now compete in pvp and also in pve.
    Edited by amir412 on August 14, 2019 1:52PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tirps wrote: »
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Can someone post rending slashes tooltip? :)
    stats
    Heu6eKi.png
    blood craze
    4R4K10d.png
    entropy
    hhAxcnm.png
    Before u start crying, bloodcraze with masters
    G2m4i7H.png

It doesnt look very balanced for me, without masters there isnt any reason to even compare them, with masters (which is the guilty here), they are kinda comparable, tho still would take ranged dot not bound to any weapon tree, undodgeable and with major sorcery on top over bloodcraze any time

Yeah, Entropy is OP. it has even 200 more dps than non master blood craze without counting in weapon passives which include execute, chance to proc another dot and more damage against players with certain rather common status effects..

I'm not defending this dot meta and if you want to nerf dots then nerf them but please, keep entropy as viable dot so we don't have to spam those stupidly expensive spell power to get sorcery buff lol.

Keep in mind blood craze has an initial hit while entropy does not. Using the tooltips provided:

Entropy DPS: 33334/12 = 2778
    Blood craze(non-master) DPS: (2391+2391+22855)/10 = 27637/10 = 2764

So entropy only has 14 DPS more than non master blood craze, not 200.
    Edited by Sharee on August 14, 2019 10:46AM
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Keep in mind blood craze has an initial hit while entropy does not. Using the tooltips provided:

Entropy DPS: 33334/12 = 2778
    Blood craze(non-master) DPS: (2391+2391+22855)/10 = 27673/10 = 2764

So entropy only has 14 DPS more than non master blood craze, not 200.

Whups! totally didn't forgot that the initial hit happens twice! :D
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How to deal with the dots
    Heavy Armour: luagh and shrug them off with a little hot added in
    light armour: purge, sheild, heal
    Medium armour: curl up and die

and no, going "use a purge" or "just pop vigor" isn't going to fix the issue for two reasons
    1: regular purge costs almost the entirety of a stam builds mag pool, might be able to use it twice if your bvuilt for it [three times with efficent, same gooes for templar class purge..that cost increase HURT]
    2: You're getting ~1K per tick from resolving vigor..that's enough to counter...one of the 8+ dots you'll have applied to you at any one time

Proposed fix
    Roll the dots back to how they used to be
    OR
    Give medium armour dot resist built in as a passive
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 more dots is problem because:
    1. only 2 classes have access to effective cleanse + 1 class to supress dots while u're in cloak. And with general increasing of current dots power and adding few more - these classes = overpowered...
    2. Purge is usable only in zerg which means - solo/small scale players will have even more problems vs zerg than before Scalebreaker patch.
    3. Mag dk loss of identity as a dot class when everyone mag based has 2 more dots
    5. general homogenization. Almost the same bars and rotations in pve for every class including now magicka classes also...stamina had this problem always but it grew up... eso -> where?
    6. Type of armor and dots combination... Medium armor is the weakest thing now. Low resists, 1 passive useless at all except if u're stamblade, set of passives in general is very poor. Heavy got indirect buff with bleed change so now only Onslaught (and Corrosive if stamdk) in combination with instant direct damage can hurt it's mitigation.
    7. So we all forced to go heavy dot oriented builds to be viable. Light armor was hurt less than medium with changes but...

I'm pvp oriented. And pvp is now not enjoyable. I don't see a reasons to play eso this patch
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 14, 2019 11:07AM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots are too damn strong especially in battlegrounds where you are guaranteed to get focused down. As others have mentioned unique builds are being thrown out the window due to homogenization.

Dots should be nerfed and the aoe damage changes should be reverted so that PvE doesn't become a hassle due to everything being nerfed.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just adding some screenshots that show how unbalanced dots are:

cchyIoq.jpg

love how the empowered crit LA only deals a bit more damage than the following dots ticks (which weren't crits only)

cF5Y0gx.jpg

cQJYlCI.jpg

Edited by BohnT2 on August 14, 2019 3:10PM
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there’s a bit of a meltdown happening here. I have been playing medium stam sorc since the beginning of time (both of which are currently considered to be weaker than their counterparts by the community) and I have been shredding faces in battlegrounds and CP Cyrodiil. Adjust your build. Try new skills. Try using a defensive set. This is an MMO; your build isn’t the best, win it all, 1vX, can beat any other class in every situation because I’m wearing meta sets, blah blah blah.

I had already completely redesigned my build on UESP based on patch notes and had it farmed out and ready to go when Scalebreaker dropped. I’m still missing 4 impen bonuses from armor while I wait for end of camp rewards and it doesn’t matter because I know what my build’s strengths and weaknesses are and I use them to my advantage.

Adapt and overcome. The DOTs are strong this patch. Invest some CP in thick skinned or something. You will not win every fight, especially if you are outnumbered or in a fight where your enemy is running a “rock” build when you are running a “scissors” build.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

cchyIoq.jpg

love how the empowered crit LA only deals a bit more damage than the following dots ticks (which weren't crits only)

cF5Y0gx.jpg

cQJYlCI.jpg

uhh what? Aren't those all different players? How can you be certain who is running what to even make a comparison?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »

cchyIoq.jpg

cF5Y0gx.jpg

cQJYlCI.jpg

uhh what? Aren't those all different players? How can you be certain who is running what to even make a comparison?

Because i know all of them and just compare the dot values to the other hits
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    I think there’s a bit of a meltdown happening here. I have been playing medium stam sorc since the beginning of time (both of which are currently considered to be weaker than their counterparts by the community) and I have been shredding faces in battlegrounds and CP Cyrodiil. Adjust your build. Try new skills. Try using a defensive set. This is an MMO; your build isn’t the best, win it all, 1vX, can beat any other class in every situation because I’m wearing meta sets, blah blah blah.

I had already completely redesigned my build on UESP based on patch notes and had it farmed out and ready to go when Scalebreaker dropped. I’m still missing 4 impen bonuses from armor while I wait for end of camp rewards and it doesn’t matter because I know what my build’s strengths and weaknesses are and I use them to my advantage.

Adapt and overcome. The DOTs are strong this patch. Invest some CP in thick skinned or something. You will not win every fight, especially if you are outnumbered or in a fight where your enemy is running a “rock” build when you are running a “scissors” build.

I haven't experienced the update personally, but I've been watching a lot of PC streams and I'm just not seeing the oppressive, "everything is terrible, DoTs OP" kind of play that is over-reported here. I do see that stam has to deal with more ranged DoTs than they did previously, but main problems I've seen is that some skills still don't work and ulti cast times are a pain.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »

I like running builds with no hard counters, I'm not sure that's possible this patch.

I switched my medium stamsorc to heavy, mundus to steed, added troll king, and slotted soul splitting trap for the nearly guaranteed crit surge heals and buffed damage. I found that running medium armor with protective jewelry and BRP dual wield was not enough defense against dots. Hots are king for defense.
    Edited by akray21 on August 14, 2019 4:35PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed "DoTs" giving me any issues in none CP PvP. So either I've just been lucky or this is yet another issue regarding PvP that stems from CP set ups in particular.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 14, 2019 4:32PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    1481682765343.gif

HANDLE IT!*

* You earn 50 DKP if you understand this reference.

I was looking for this.

https://youtu.be/HtvIYRrgZ04
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow so I’m gimping myself sticking with blackrose bow and sheer venom and double dot poisons
    Should I just respec to magblade and just use one dot
    Farewell flying daggers my old friend :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve always run Entropy on my MagDk. Flame Lash, Leap, Light Attack (I weave), Entropy/Powerlash (they always ran neck and neck) were how I killed people.

In PvP there’s been a noticeable uptick in Entropy deaths. Ember and Engulfing, yeah I killed folks with them but Entropy has been noticeable.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the dot meta dawned upon me, and i realised how bad this game has become now..

tenor.gif

PC EU
    PvP only
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet my last dollar I'm going to see a names like " DOT me daddy" or "Its Raining DOTS" when this releases on console.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    PeKmFF9.jpg

This patch is garbage, 2 ppl on me, 5700 damage per second from braindead dots. Well played. So skilled.
    No cp - my build: i'm in heavy, TK, 5k health recov, 3.8k wpn dmg, major protection on demand. Impossible to play solo if you have a few of these noobs on you.

lmao Force Pulse did 1k. K~~~ *balanced game*
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeKmFF9.jpg

This patch is garbage, 2 ppl on me, 5700 damage per second from braindead dots. Well played. So skilled.
    No cp - my build: i'm in heavy, TK, 5k health recov, 3.8k wpn dmg, major protection on demand. Impossible to play solo if you have a few of these noobs on you.

lmao Force Pulse did 1k. K~~~ *balanced game*

But did you use encase or rune prison? (See hints)