The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

πŸ’€ DOTS Megathread πŸ’€

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    Hardcore, but zos didn't give a *** for 5 weeks, what makes you think they do now? πŸ˜‚
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    So people buy the dlc dungeons which have a lot of dot sets. It's business
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    image0.png
    NA-PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treating them differently in battle spirit would essentially be Zos acknowledging their vision has failed. Matt FIrors' vision for the game has turned to failure more than once, not even including the poor state of the game at launch. When the started the years long process to replace vet ranks with CP that was essentially to avoid the acknowledgement that the vet ranks were a poor idea. Just one example.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    you gonna post your sorc overload heavy dmg too? ;)
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    So I was in Vivev today first time after yesterdays patch. Don't you think that dots are a bit overperforming atm? I mean it's fun - for a short time - killing people with just pressure alone instead of reyling on burst combos. But shouldn't that be more of a pve thing?
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Because screw hours you've spent learning the game , go casual or go home
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: Β»
    So people buy the dlc dungeons which have a lot of dot sets. It's business

sets already have been nerfed into oblivion tough ^^
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously, y'all need to stop making new threads and contribute to the other 9 million... wtf.

But to answer, just have to do counter play. Purge works good, either a class ability or alliance war ability. Or you could use 1 offensive set 1 defensive set. I did a build on UESP Build Editor like that and still had 4k Weapon damage.
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    jUsT uSe PuRgE
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    Link your build btw
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will later tonight. I am off to work right now.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    Dots arent fun
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is that these newly buffed DOTS are about the same as nerfed Poison Injection. Change my mind. Should that be nerfed more too? I doubt most of the nerf nards complaining about the new DOTS would see it that way.

The only reasonable change would be to limit to one instance of each DOT inflicted on a player at a time, and this will not satisfy the glass cannon nerf herders.

The untold story behind all this predictable DOT whining is that the Recap Screen doesn't, can't and won't show the difference between DOTS that killed a glass cannon over a significant time of relatively LOW DPS when they COULD HAVE BEEN mitigating the damage if they weren't a glass cannon, and the instantaneous spike damage of alphas in the game for years that do FAR MORE DPS than these buffed DOTS do or ever will.
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    They weren't thinking.
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    Just sayin..
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Is it best balance in PvP to attack(many DoT & light & spammable) the player over 28m away?
    It is stupid to approach 5m for a melee attack.
    Melee build is like a stupid zombie that is shot with a gun in PvP.
    ESO's PvP is like poor TPS, It's so trash.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Vapirko wrote: Β»
    jaws343 wrote: Β»
    Maybe, just maybe, you have to give up your 5k weapon damage and build into defense. And mag toons are equally impacted by this. The difference is mag toons have less stam to dodge actual burst from high damage combos.

New vigor is NOT strong enough to cover the healing of old Vigor + Rally so stamina heals are down over all DoT damage is much higher this patch and that’s just one DoT yeah it’s about 1K by CP damage buffs are balanced with the resistance buff so you can’t power up DoTs by 10% and I can cut DoTs damage by 10% so this will cancel out more often then not.

If you go for more defense your heals and damage will be weak, and if you have a good mix of tanks and power your sustain will be trash. So the smartest move would be be build a max damage build, or a Heavy DPS build.

And just to add 1k damage per second is not insignificant. Take a few dots like that and you’re talking about 3k damage per second without trying never mind any direct damage. A good frag can hit medium armor for 6k. Line that all up and things get out of hand fast.

How many skill slots your weapon bars have? Off all classes sorc is the first one that has no way of slotting 3 dots and still have space for everything else you needs. No expert at magPlar, but think they can can take most advantage out of this meta. They already boost most of their dmg trough double dipping in Thaum/Ele expert CP, which is ideal in this scenario, right?!
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is that these newly buffed DOTS are about the same as nerfed Poison Injection. Change my mind. Should that be nerfed more too? I doubt most of the nerf nards complaining about the new DOTS would see it that way.

The only reasonable change would be to limit to one instance of each DOT inflicted on a player at a time, and this will not satisfy the glass cannon nerf herders.

The untold story behind all this predictable DOT whining is that the Recap Screen doesn't, can't and won't show the difference between DOTS that killed a glass cannon over a significant time of relatively LOW DPS when they COULD HAVE BEEN mitigating the damage if they weren't a glass cannon, and the instantaneous spike damage of alphas in the game for years that do FAR MORE DPS than these buffed DOTS do or ever will.

Have you tried entering Cyrodiil since the patch dropped? It seems like you have not.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post is too late--forums is like 75% "nerf dots," "dots are ruining the game," "the sky is fallling," etc.

ESO forums should make templates and save us a ton of time.

Ex. Nerf __________

______________ is/are ruining the game

This patch sucks because _________________
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say DOTs? πŸ™‚
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Maybe try a different play style. Something other than burst combos is a welcome change. When players learn how to counter DoT's the amount of players using DoT's will decrease.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "jUsT uSe PuRgE" every 4 seconds until you are out of resources ...
    rolleyes.gif

Edited by SirAndy on August 13, 2019 6:46PM
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't read. I killed people w/o having to use my any burst.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea
    PCNA

• nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is what I have been told. I am now an enlightened forum poster.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say *rips juul and stares into mirror* DOTs? 😎
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Maverick_Brian
    Maverick_Brian
    ✭✭
    The current state of the DoT effects in PvP is negatively affecting whatever's left of this game's balance. It does not make sense to have so much impact through your Damage over Time effect abilities. If you think about it, in exchange for a pretty low ability cost, you get constant damage being dealt for their whole duration, allowing your character to do whatever else (either force more offence through spammable attacks or just be defensive if needed). You basically have so much pressure without requiring a very active playstyle where you feel involved in the fight.

Of course, as many have pointed out before me, the main pain points would be Entropy, Soul Trap, Bleeds (Rending Slashes) and arguably Flame Reach as well. But that does not mean they're the only issue. Allowing us to have such strong DoTs which are basically available to any class leads to a very broken and boring (at least to some) meta, where you don't actually have to do much in order to either kill your opponent or dish out an insane pressure that is constantly applied.

The fact that breaking line of sight is not a choice to mitigate DoT damage and not every class has access to a reliable purge are just additional points that should support my point. You honestly cannot say that PvP is fun in the state it is at the moment, in my opinion. It doesn't allow squishy builds to be viable due to the lack of healing to mitigate the constant incomming pressure and tankier builds will end up struggling to sustain.

---

With this chance, I'll also take the time to point out that Living Dark needs a better counter as well. "Just dodge rolling it" is not good enough, as most of the magicka specs in PvP will struggle with that. Besides that, if you end up being forced to dodge roll so often, no matter your spec, you will struggle to sustain, be relevant in terms of offensive pressure or just have less defensive potential. Pair this with the issue I've mentioned above (regarding DoTs) and you will struggle to time your rolls well while keeping your defense at the same time, not to mention that you'll have a very hard time becomming offensive.
    "You are the universe experiencing itself." - Alan Watts.
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    Mhm.. i thought the same.
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    The patch couldve been great....