Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

● DOTS Megathread ●

  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >:)
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    When you have all the dots on you, you can't dodge or block them.
    That's a big difference!

    You can still purge, outheal or cloak them. Although those dots will hit hard the tanky players. I don't like dot meta. I prefer burst damage. Lining up a perfect combo takes a lot more skill than putting on few dots in whatever sequence. With dots you can even weave in some defensive abilities. If you do that in a burst damage combo, you will break it and fail.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    When you have all the dots on you, you can't dodge or block them.
    That's a big difference!

    But you CAN mitigate against them with CP, with Gear and with Traits.

    Just build for survivability rather than damage.

    If you build a glass-cannon don't whine if it breaks at the first hit.


    All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the changes mean people are way more tanky in PVP. I like that, way less successful ganks for the NB community.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Why is it always the PvEers who are whining about every little change? And why do they blame PvP every time?

    Just grow up.

    Because alot of the nerfs were designed for pvp counterplay. Noone ever heard an NPC complain about ultimates being instant, just the whiny pvp babies. Go play fortnite.
    Plus I’ve never seen NPCs run to the forums crying “NERF THIS NERF THAT!”

    Edit: never seen Molag cry for nerfs either
    Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on August 13, 2019 12:39PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    Mashille wrote: »
    Except people have been non stop complaining about them for a month and a half on the PTS

    Yeah I have no idea what OP is on about. Must be psyched that they can finally pull 25k dps and doesn’t want anyone to take away their ez mode.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, you have to give up your 5k weapon damage and build into defense. And mag toons are equally impacted by this. The difference is mag toons have less stam to dodge actual burst from high damage combos.

    Most stam builds build as such because without the high weapon damage they can't kill anyone before they heal up.

    Additionally, the only way to make stam heals actually effective is also high weapon damage.

    So your solution might just be a little off.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is min damage over time and halved in PVP. Then it is also mitigated by resistance and shield(s). So what is the big deal? It's just about nothing in PVP.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is min damage over time and halved in PVP. Then it is also mitigated by resistance and shield(s). So what is the big deal? It's just about nothing in PVP.

    It's likely because it's a fair bit of damage for one key press and depending on the class you can just stack a number of them of like tooltips on someone and attrition wins.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is min damage over time and halved in PVP. Then it is also mitigated by resistance and shield(s). So what is the big deal? It's just about nothing in PVP.

    Oh yeah? Almost every death recap was like that yesterday. That’s on a magden trying to purge them with netch while having trellis, mutagen, nature’s embrace and healing ward active with brp resto.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/247950533132812288/610642229685518356/dqqbZT7.png
    Edited by Hashtag_ on August 13, 2019 12:54PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.S. They also reduced most stamina dots damage by huge amounts.

    Poison injection execute from 260% to 100%, bleeds now mitigated by mitigation etc.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    How about a limit to the number of dots you can have applied to you in PvP...
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    The calls for nerfs are legitimate, especially from a PvP standpoint. There is no skilled play involved in applying a few dots from range and watching your opponent melt. Mag counter play is limited to HoTs and stam is limited to Vigor (which isn't enough).
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Why do you assume people didn’t test on PTS and give feedback? Why do you assume any of these changes were because of pvp?
    Zevrro wrote: »
    People did give feedback on it. Doesn't mean ZOS had to listen.
    Mashille wrote: »
    Except people have been non stop complaining about them for a month and a half on the PTS

    Spent a little time combing over about 28 pages of the PTS category (up to the 5.1.0
    notes), and only saw about 10 threads about the dots. And some of em were related to pve. Most of the other threads were sorcs QQing, bleeds are getting nerfed pepehands, and ofc healer changes. Where were all these people who were giving feedback for pvp then? Or did they all just wait until now?
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on August 13, 2019 1:16PM
    I will kick everyone's butt, even my own.

    PC NA
    CP 1200+
    Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Legate - Flawless Conqueror
    Falls-With-Stars - Argonian Magicka Templar - AD - Former Empress - Voice of Reason
    vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+1/vSS/vSS Yol HM
    Dragon-in-Shadows - Argonian Magicka Nightblade - Shadow Breaker
    Eossos - Khajiit Magicka Templar
    Death-Singer - Argonian Magicka Nightblade
    Dark-Star - Khajiit Magicka Dragonknight
    Ice-Dancer - Khajiit Magicka Warden
    Tsalli-ko - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Sheesh, how are we ever gonna survive the slow killer ?



    So, Vigor doesn't cut it ? Can't use the fighters' guild healing circle because it's not strong enough / you need to remain mobile ? Can't be arsed slotting class heals when you have them (if you have them) ?

    Well, bring a bow. You have a spammable shot that heals for at least half the amount of that Dot's overall damage, each time it lands. The heal effect is no longer dependant on crowd control effect.

    Okay to hit this point by point.
    Fighter’s Guild: A ground based AoE heal, so you are forced to stand in a small area for a heal. So stay mobile but also stand here for a heal??

    This a question about stamina heals so which class has stamina heals, Warden and Necro so the four original classes should what?

    Bow: a burst heal on a weak attack that will have to be spammed in order to counter two or three DoTs on you. It will not output enough damage to kill and it will need to be your spammable just to stay up. Burst heals counter burst damage we need more HoTs.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

    For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to buff bosses and add more one shots now so DOTs are balanced out.
    Buff PVE NPCs! :p
    My Imgakin beta monkey got lost in a load screen.
    Lupis Mortis EP Magplar
    Duke of Blood EP Stamplar


    PSN: Tequilafire
    PC: @Tequilafire


  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Why is it always the PvEers who are whining about every little change? And why do they blame PvP every time?

    Just grow up.

    Lol
    Also, welcome to ESO.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make PvE NPC crit lol
    AFK
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Why do you assume people didn’t test on PTS and give feedback? Why do you assume any of these changes were because of pvp?

    Because every nerf ever in this game always stems from some butthurt who got whooped in pvp because zos cant seperate the two for individual balancing
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Why is it always the PvEers who are whining about every little change? And why do they blame PvP every time?

    Just grow up.

    Because alot of the nerfs were designed for pvp counterplay. Noone ever heard an NPC complain about ultimates being instant, just the whiny pvp babies. Go play fortnite.

    But the difference is player versus player combat is dynamic. So changes have drastic effects.

    PVE mobs DONT change their behavior. You gain or lose DPS. You sound like a child make posts like these. And laugh material. So I guess thank you.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Why do you assume people didn’t test on PTS and give feedback? Why do you assume any of these changes were because of pvp?

    Because every nerf ever in this game always stems from some butthurt who got whooped in pvp because zos cant seperate the two for individual balancing
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Why is it always the PvEers who are whining about every little change? And why do they blame PvP every time?

    Just grow up.

    Because alot of the nerfs were designed for pvp counterplay. Noone ever heard an NPC complain about ultimates being instant, just the whiny pvp babies. Go play fortnite.

    But the difference is player versus player combat is dynamic. So changes have drastic effects.

    PVE mobs DONT change their behavior. You gain or lose DPS. You sound like a child make posts like these. And laugh material. So I guess thank you.

    Precisely, players can change their behaviour, and now with ultimates having channel times players actually have time to behave appropriately. The change still only affects (benefits) pvp. Whats your point?
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on August 13, 2019 1:44PM
Sign In or Register to comment.