The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoiding pvp is working for me
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say ....

... DOTs? 😝
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Think of PvP imbalances as bugs in a trial that make progression impossible.

PvP "imbalance" is NOT a bug.

The thing making "progression impossible" in PvP is between the Keyboard and the Chair.

99% of PvP imbalances are a L2P issue - where L2P may mean - teaming up, regearing, retraiting, realligning CP to make of for weaknesses.

If you build only for DPS and give no heed to Defence and Mitigations the ONLY person to blame for you losing is you.

All The Best

I didn't said they are bugs but rather that they're equal to bugs in PvE trials.
    I guess you haven't tested anything on the love server because there isn't an option to adapt on most classes and even classes that have access to a dot counter are getting wrecked
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    "jUsT uSe PuRgE" every 4 seconds until you are out of resources ...
    rolleyes.gif

No, just outheal and/or dodge subsequent applications. The myth on the forums that only two DoTs (soul trap, entropy) alone are dangerous is pretty silly IMO.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch has forced some to change play styles. Some are reluctant.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akagami94 wrote: »
    DOTS, were in pretty good shape... Did alot of damage already in pvE and in PvP.
    In 1v1 or Xv1 were dots quite good!

NOW DOTS ARE TOO OVERPOWERD, DEVS WHAT ARE YOU DOIN! DO YOU GUYS EVEN PLAY THE GAME!

I don't know what game you were playing, but aside from bleeds, my "old mutagen" alone outhealed DoTs constantly. Wait, I get it now... Tell me, how does it feel to have to take damage behind a tree?

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    Purge! Purge! And die.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    rolleyes.gif

No, just outheal and/or dodge subsequent applications. The myth on the forums that only two DoTs (soul trap, entropy) alone are dangerous is pretty silly IMO.

Try that when you are fighting outnumbered by as low as 3:1... report back.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    Slam wyrd tree EZ CLAP
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The're is no way to use purge reliably in this meta. It costs too much and it doesn't prevent people from instantly re-applying negative effects. The Templar purge is more reliable but not by that much.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    there is no purge on stamina so add it to 2h
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    buttaface wrote: »
    All I see is that these newly buffed DOTS are about the same as nerfed Poison Injection. Change my mind. Should that be nerfed more too? I doubt most of the nerf nards complaining about the new DOTS would see it that way.

The only reasonable change would be to limit to one instance of each DOT inflicted on a player at a time, and this will not satisfy the glass cannon nerf herders.

The untold story behind all this predictable DOT whining is that the Recap Screen doesn't, can't and won't show the difference between DOTS that killed a glass cannon over a significant time of relatively LOW DPS when they COULD HAVE BEEN mitigating the damage if they weren't a glass cannon, and the instantaneous spike damage of alphas in the game for years that do FAR MORE DPS than these buffed DOTS do or ever will.

Have you tried entering Cyrodiil since the patch dropped? It seems like you have not.

1. Nonresponsive.
    2. Why would I do something stupid like rush right into gameplay before experimenting with the new skills, adapting, and creating counter builds? Then come crying rivers and making MULTIPLE threads on the same topic instead of posting to preexisting ones? I'm not an ADD teenager snowflake ODing on Pop Tarts and Ritalin after all
    3. To restate, The untold story you won't see in a Recap is D...P...S. I'd much rather have to deal with 50k of damage over ten seconds than 25k in two. But don't let reason and logic get in the way of the tears and salt.

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they have 50% already so make it 75%
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    rolleyes.gif

Try that when you are fighting outnumbered by as low as 3:1... report back.

I did in LA with only 9K resists and no shields. In fact the players not stacking DoTs were more dangerous because they did high amounts of burst that make HoTs irrelevant. How strange, yes, how strange indeed...
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is that these newly buffed DOTS are about the same as nerfed Poison Injection. Change my mind. Should that be nerfed more too? I doubt most of the nerf nards complaining about the new DOTS would see it that way.

The only reasonable change would be to limit to one instance of each DOT inflicted on a player at a time, and this will not satisfy the glass cannon nerf herders.

The untold story behind all this predictable DOT whining is that the Recap Screen doesn't, can't and won't show the difference between DOTS that killed a glass cannon over a significant time of relatively LOW DPS when they COULD HAVE BEEN mitigating the damage if they weren't a glass cannon, and the instantaneous spike damage of alphas in the game for years that do FAR MORE DPS than these buffed DOTS do or ever will.

Have you tried entering Cyrodiil since the patch dropped? It seems like you have not.

1. Nonresponsive.
    2. Why would I do something stupid like rush right into gameplay before experimenting with the new skills, adapting, and creating counter builds? Then come crying rivers and making MULTIPLE threads on the same topic instead of posting to preexisting ones? I'm not an ADD teenager snowflake ODing on Pop Tarts and Ritalin after all
    3. To restate, The untold story you won't see in a Recap is D...P...S. I'd much rather have to deal with 50k of damage over ten seconds than 25k in two. But don't let reason and logic get in the way of the tears and salt.

How can you comment on how PvP plays without playing it? LMAO
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem about as strong as poison injection? More people using them doesn't mean individual ones are op.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    enzoisadog wrote: »
    image0.png

So, based on your screenshot at least 3 people attacked you. We also know that death recap doesn't show all damage or for how long you withstood it. We also don't know what class you were on or what gear you had, plus whether there were only three people doing damage to you in the first place.

I see, so this is what they mean when they say "all media is a production."
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you quite understand that dots normally should be used to build up for burst. You shouldnt be able to kill any half decent player with just bursting alone.

But now the buildup is what is killing the players w/o the need for a burst follwup.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP = purging skillz now lol
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this changes game a lot and not in good way
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These DoT buffs were incredibly necessary to compensate for the major dps nerfs in other areas of PvE. So every "Nerf DoTs!" thread that doesn't also contain calls to buff other areas of dps, is pointless and meritless.
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MojaveHeld wrote: »
    These DoT buffs were incredibly necessary to compensate for the major dps nerfs in other areas of PvE. So every "Nerf DoTs!" thread that doesn't also contain calls to buff other areas of dps, is pointless and meritless.

We are talking about PvP where this happens to completely ruin the fight for everyone. It was a major oversight from ZOS and is awful gameplay design even in pve.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with OP, month on PTS to whine and say it's broken... but where were all these threads then???
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 13, 2019 7:14PM
  • nosecookie
    nosecookie
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, I have never seen one minor section of the playerbase spam the forums so hard before. We get it, you don't like the dot threads. Having 40 threads about stopping the DoT threads doesn't add anything new to the discussion. As both a PvEer and PvPer, I look at all these indignant threads and find it hard to explain to other PvEers that forum users aren't just a bunch of toxic whiners that the game would be better off without. So just stop with the "Stop the DoT threads now!" threads. If you're a Forum user who hates the DoT threads right now, just comment on one of the existing threads whining about them. Spamming the forums is pointless, and hurts the cause far more than it helps it.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I'm hungry now with all this talk about DOTS....want to go see a movie and buy a big box of DOTS to eat.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I 100% agree. Too bad nobody listens and people will keep whining about dot threads
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee build is like a zombie of Resident Evil.
    Now, ESO is Trash Pathetic Shooter.
  • Akagami94
    Akagami94
    ✭✭✭
    MojaveHeld wrote: »

competensate for the major dps nerfs in pvE? Almost every dps build can atleast do 60k or more dps on bosses! We do so much dmg now that we complete skip mechanics! is that what u want?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now the official DoT thread. So I'll start by saying I think ZOS needs to buff ranged DoTs