Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀

• Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Can someone post rending slashes tooltip? :)
    stats
    Heu6eKi.png
    blood craze
    4R4K10d.png
    entropy
    hhAxcnm.png
    Before u start crying, bloodcraze with masters
    G2m4i7H.png

It doesnt look very balanced for me, without masters there isnt any reason to even compare them, with masters (which is the guilty here), they are kinda comparable, tho still would take ranged dot not bound to any weapon tree, undodgeable and with major sorcery on top over bloodcraze any time
    Edited by Jaxaxo on August 13, 2019 1:54PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, you have to give up your 5k weapon damage and build into defense. And mag toons are equally impacted by this. The difference is mag toons have less stam to dodge actual burst from high damage combos.

New vigor is NOT strong enough to cover the healing of old Vigor + Rally so stamina heals are down over all DoT damage is much higher this patch and that’s just one DoT yeah it’s about 1K by CP damage buffs are balanced with the resistance buff so you can’t power up DoTs by 10% and I can cut DoTs damage by 10% so this will cancel out more often then not.

If you go for more defense your heals and damage will be weak, and if you have a good mix of tanks and power your sustain will be trash. So the smartest move would be be build a max damage build, or a Heavy DPS build.

And just to add 1k damage per second is not insignificant. Take a few dots like that and you’re talking about 3k damage per second without trying never mind any direct damage. A good frag can hit medium armor for 6k. Line that all up and things get out of hand fast.

So I’m just going to call it anyone in Medium is most likely going to be a ganker best way to avoid DoTs is to gank and the rest of stamina is going heavy with cancer builds. Seventh and Ravagers is a looking pretty good on a StamBlade right now.

But hey they turned up DoTs to ten to counter heavy stamina and get more people in medium to stay mobile. Which is crazy cause undodgeable DoTs are a thing so of course the few that have medium just went heavy so we have that going for us.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said. Dynamic. You can’t just adjust for something hints. This is one of them.

You can’t build against multiple people stacking dots on you. These were bad changes. It is broken in pvp.

So what’s pvers point? It makes your dps slower or faster in an area where PVE is already too easy. When was the last time you died in a vet dungeon. When was the last time you struggled in a vet trial?

Come on man. I get it. People like big numbers for DPS.

But the difference is night and day different for effects of these changes
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some players can never be happy, this is an example.

There is no need for nerf dots, aoe already took nerf this patch and some players calling spammable need to do more damage the they have no idea

Dot is doing damage overtime and spammable is hitting on cast.

Current state of DOT is fine.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 13, 2019 2:31PM
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So smart the DoT you need to be in melee range to use this is a great point... so long as we don’t talk about the
    Jaxaxo wrote: »

4R4K10d.png

Range 5m so so you think an ability that you have to stand next to a person to use should do the same damage as max range DoTs is that it?

For the King of Argonia
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭

So smart the DoT you need to be in melee range to use this is a great point... so long as we don’t talk about the

4R4K10d.png

Range 5m so so you think an ability that you have to stand next to a person to use should do the same damage as max range DoTs is that it?

Edited (still have problems with uploading images on forum xd ) with all images, so easier to compare
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

On my usual PvE build with on maj Brut up

tckZqwa.png
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone cod him two master axes please.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    In LIVE, already did many BGs and most of the times, DPS of these buffs were 0.6, 0.7k DPS.

My Magsorc with Alcast gear or similar, all in gold pieces, have around 22k dmg on degeneration. These toltips dont look ... let´s call them normals. Plus the results im taken in BGs lead me to think they´re way more realistic than the posted here.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stats
    Heu6eKi.png
    blood craze
    4R4K10d.png
    entropy
    hhAxcnm.png
    G2m4i7H.png

It doesnt look very balanced for me, without masters there isnt any reason to even compare them, with masters (which is the guilty here), they are kinda comparable, tho still would take ranged dot not bound to any weapon tree, undodgeable and with major sorcery on top over bloodcraze any time

Wow nice :) I love it and this is the way it should stay <3 Destructive reach and clench got nerfed (while Draining and Magnum Shot is still awesome) because Masters Staff so now Craze is far behind entropy, seems fair to me :trollface: I think that scaling is made because 4k weapon damage is pretty low when it goes to PvP builds (you can reach it with random gear and be still very effective) for stamina but when it goes to Magicka it's very high ;) Shall we see which tooltip can reach higher numbers on usable build?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hashtag_ what are you resistances? They seem extremely low.

@rfennell_ESO Poison injection was buffed. They increased the base damage by 78%. Even in execute range, it should deal more damage.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf every skill I don't use! DO IT!
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hashtag_ what are you resistances? They seem extremely low.

@rfennell_ESO Poison injection was buffed. They increased the base damage by 78%. Even in execute range, it should deal more damage.

Mid 20k’s
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I mean, how are medium armor builds even supposed to cope... unknown.png

For a small fee, I can do any of the following for you:-

1. I can make and sell you some healing pots.
    2. I can teach you how to use skills like Vigor.
    3. I can follow you around and heal and purge for you on a dedicated basis.

Honestly, the pots are the cheaper option. I'm going to charge a lot to follow you around.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You forgot to take spell resistance, Battle Spirit, and CP into account. Even in no CP, spell resists and Battle Spirit lower the damage a bit.

He would not because he do not understand its 1.1k damage per second just with battespirit and then shield, resistance and CP reduction another thing

Some players are simply doing again theory crafting nonesense
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 13, 2019 3:03PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    I guess too many people lack the understanding why PvP imbalances get a different treatment than imbalances in PvE.
    Think of PvP imbalances as bugs in a trial that make progression impossible.
    Remember when spheres in vHoF didn't disappear and there was no way of getting past first boss?
    Or the first weeks of vMoL twins?
    Or statues not working in SS?

Even if you did everything right there was no chance to do the content and that's what Dots do to PvP right now.

They make it impossible to PvP no matter how good you are they will kill you and people have been pointing that out since they did the first duels on pts
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    stats
    Heu6eKi.png
    blood craze
    4R4K10d.png
    entropy
    hhAxcnm.png
    G2m4i7H.png

Wow nice :) I love it and this is the way it should stay <3 Destructive reach and clench got nerfed (while Draining and Magnum Shot is still awesome) because Masters Staff so now Craze is far behind entropy, seems fair to me :trollface: I think that scaling is made because 4k weapon damage is pretty low when it goes to PvP builds (you can reach it with random gear and be still very effective) for stamina but when it goes to Magicka it's very high ;) Shall we see which tooltip can reach higher numbers on usable build?

of course 4k spell dmg is kinda unrealistic on normal buils, to high. Same with laughable 31k max magicka. U can easily pull 40+k on cp, even 50k if u really spec into it. And dont forget about light armor penetration, which increases actual dmg of those dots. I could also pull higher weapon dmg here on those screenshots, on stamina if would put points into agility. But then those things wouldnt be comparable.

Magnum shot and Draining shot got nerfed too, they lowered range, so u cant get 41m spammer, also cost got increased pretty hard. Both reach and draining range spam was cancer, now they got tuned down, tho master staff needs rework.

The thing is u're so biased vs stam, that u dont really look for actual balance, just "hurr, durr, stamina had bleeds, now magicka should keep broken dots too". Maybe if u would stay out of cloak a bit longer or stay away from ad zergs u would be able to realise how strong current dots are :trollface:
    Forum War - pro AC side

DC - Frostitute magden
    Youtube
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Why do you assume people didn’t test on PTS and give feedback? Why do you assume any of these changes were because of pvp?
    Zevrro wrote: »
    People did give feedback on it. Doesn't mean ZOS had to listen.
    Mashille wrote: »
    Except people have been non stop complaining about them for a month and a half on the PTS

Spent a little time combing over about 28 pages of the PTS category (up to the 5.1.0
    notes), and only saw about 10 threads about the dots. And some of em were related to pve. Most of the other threads were sorcs QQing, bleeds are getting nerfed pepehands, and ofc healer changes. Where were all these people who were giving feedback for pvp then? Or did they all just wait until now?

Why is 10 threads not enough for you? Just because people didn't mindlessly spam threads about the dots doesn't mean the feedback wasn't given.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Im glad im not pvping at the moment

37x5yg.jpg
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Sheesh, how are we ever gonna survive the slow killer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

So, Vigor doesn't cut it ? Can't use the fighters' guild healing circle because it's not strong enough / you need to remain mobile ? Can't be arsed slotting class heals when you have them (if you have them) ?

Well, bring a bow. You have a spammable shot that heals for at least half the amount of that Dot's overall damage, each time it lands. The heal effect is no longer dependant on crowd control effect.

Okay to hit this point by point.
    Fighter’s Guild: A ground based AoE heal, so you are forced to stand in a small area for a heal. So stay mobile but also stand here for a heal??

This a question about stamina heals so which class has stamina heals, Warden and Necro so the four original classes should what?

Bow: a burst heal on a weak attack that will have to be spammed in order to counter two or three DoTs on you. It will not output enough damage to kill and it will need to be your spammable just to stay up. Burst heals counter burst damage we need more HoTs.

Please, learn to read before you criticize.

You're saying exactly what I'm saying when talking about the fighter's guild circle. IF you don't need to stay mobile much, and don't need too strong a HoT, bring it, else don't. That's exactly what I was saying, FFS.

Same thing for the stamina heals, really. Note the "if you have them", which implies not everyone does. Although, I should add that some magicka heal do scale on not-magicka, like nightblade's healing version of the cloak, so that's not that bad an issue. And for the PvP crowd, which is the one actually concerned by those "issues", there's always vigor anyway.

Bow : a weak, but spammable attack. If your problem at a given instant is to stay alive, it does the job amazingly. Killing the other guy will be what allies are for if you're not able to. And it's not like you can't slip a poison arrow in between, which will have the same "OMG look a strong DoT how will they survive" effect on the opponent. Also, one can perfectly counter DoT with burst healing when timed properly. Ask any healer worth their salt, they'll confirm.

It's not that the tools are not there, it's just that it pisses you guys off that you'll actually have to prepare for dealing less direct damage and have to cope for some self-survival instead. Incidentally, that's what us PvE folks have been doing in every game ever for several decades. So, mind you, I don't really feel bad for that non-issue, considering the many woes you PvP folks brought upon us with your constant whining and outcries for "nerf this" or "nerf that".

You don't like that the nerf bat is now hitting you ? Well, that's a shame, because it was LONG overdue.
    Edited by Uryel on August 13, 2019 5:24PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trap.png

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    trap.png

The tooltip is high because the duration is almost double that of most other DOTs. Also you can’t apply it directly to a target.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    trap.png

The tooltip is high because the duration is almost double that of most other DOTs. Also you can’t apply it directly to a target.

Get out of here with nuance and reason, we're here to be offended remember?
    2.3645k/s btw
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Think of PvP imbalances as bugs in a trial that make progression impossible.

PvP "imbalance" is NOT a bug.

The thing making "progression impossible" in PvP is between the Keyboard and the Chair.

99% of PvP imbalances are a L2P issue - where L2P may mean - teaming up, regearing, retraiting, realligning CP to make of for weaknesses.

If you build only for DPS and give no heed to Defence and Mitigations the ONLY person to blame for you losing is you.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheesh, how are we ever gonna survive the slow killer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

So, Vigor doesn't cut it ? Can't use the fighters' guild healing circle because it's not strong enough / you need to remain mobile ? Can't be arsed slotting class heals when you have them (if you have them) ?

Well, bring a bow. You have a spammable shot that heals for at least half the amount of that Dot's overall damage, each time it lands. The heal effect is no longer dependant on crowd control effect.

Okay to hit this point by point.
    Fighter’s Guild: A ground based AoE heal, so you are forced to stand in a small area for a heal. So stay mobile but also stand here for a heal??

This a question about stamina heals so which class has stamina heals, Warden and Necro so the four original classes should what?

Bow: a burst heal on a weak attack that will have to be spammed in order to counter two or three DoTs on you. It will not output enough damage to kill and it will need to be your spammable just to stay up. Burst heals counter burst damage we need more HoTs.

Please, learn to read before you criticize.

You're saying exactly what I'm saying when talking about the fighter's guild circle. IF you don't need to stay mobile much, and don't need too strong a HoT, bring it, else don't. That's exactly what I was saying, FFS.

Same thing for the stamina heals, really. Note the "if you have them", which implies not everyone does. Although, I should add that some magicka heal do scale on not-magicka, like nightblade's healing version of the cloak, so that's not that bad an issue. And for the PvP crowd, which is the one actually concerned by those "issues", there's always vigor anyway.

Bow : a weak, but spammable attack. If your problem at a given instant is to stay alive, it does the job amazingly. Killing the other guy will be what allies are for if you're not able to. And it's not like you can't slip a poison arrow in between, which will have the same "OMG look a strong DoT how will they survive" effect on the opponent. Also, one can perfectly counter DoT with burst healing when timed properly. Ask any healer worth their salt, they'll confirm.

It's not that the tools are not there, it's just that it pisses you guys off that you'll actually have to prepare for dealing less direct damage and have to cope for some self-survival instead. Incidentally, that's what us PvE folks have been doing in every game ever for several decades. So, mind you, I don't really feel bad for that non-issue, considering the many woes you PvP folks brought upon us with your constant whining and outcries for "nerf this" or "nerf that".

You don't like that the nerf bat is now hitting you ? Well, that's a shame, because it was LONG overdue.

I read it right but it doesn’t address any problem. What is the point of bring up Ring of Preservation the fear will be used more then the heal as the heal makes no sense for PvP.

On Cloak one morph heals based off of health it was just nerfed so less healing then before the other morph has DoT suppression so the DPS morph actually protects you from DoTs better then the heal. Again vigor is not enough.

On Bow heal no it will not get the job then Magic build have a long list of HoTs and Burst heals so no Poison Arrow thrown in the mix while you spam burst heals will not be killing anyone. It’s not a strong burst heal just strong enough to counter a few ticks but with just three to four DoTs you can force most stamina builds on the defense with no problem I shouldn’t need help to kill one DPS guy.

The tools are not there Magic defenses scale great with their damage high magic and decent health pools means good shields you will also have strong DoTs and Attacks. Stamina can would roll dodge with all the undodgeable, AoEs and the unavoidable attacks Roll is not that good at clearing damage.

You play PvE your nonsense points make more sense now you don’t always have a healer nearby and with range DoTs health bars can drop fast so the “smart” heals may not come to you.

PvP and PvE should have different powers not my fault or problem that ZoS refuses to split the two. PvP don’t have healers and Support build tanks near you at all times you can be solo at a keep near a group, be in a group or near a few small groups far more chaotic this the scripted fights in PvE.

For the King of Argonia
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    So slot shuffle and use a purge... problem solved. Or use a defensive set that helps... problem solved.

Also this is something that magicka has had to deal with for a long time from stamina users. As shown by others your dots hurt like hell and we had to adapt.

Plus you forget that us magicka users also had to deal with this too and I, for one, didn't have a lot of issues. I was mainly testing a few builds on my Magcro and when I was hit with these just purged them with Hexproof.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trap.png

Problem solved guys we can fight back on all we need to do is set a trap wait 1.5 seconds for it to arm hope you can aim at the one that trips it and then get hit with 3-4 DoTs as you fire Poison Arrow and move in to lay down your Dual Wielding DoTs and once you get there boom you’re dead cause shocker Vigor and Draining Shot just didn’t buy you enough time. With your defensive/sustain set not buffing your damage you don’t get the crazy tooltips cause your stamina you have to actually wear your armor.

For the King of Argonia
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    dots are clearly overperforming in pvp.
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Akagami94
    Akagami94
    ✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    DOTS, were in pretty good shape... Did alot of damage already in pvE and in PvP.
    In 1v1 or Xv1 were dots quite good!

NOW DOTS ARE TOO OVERPOWERD, DEVS WHAT ARE YOU DOIN! DO YOU GUYS EVEN PLAY THE GAME!
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because people well still required to use half a brain to be competitive. Now the problem has been solved!