The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀

• ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm done with ESO , there is no reason to play this patch ..
    Pve is all dots and boring ... your death recap in pvp is just dot dot dot
    everyone crashing in cyro . I'm done
    or I can make a dot build and show them their definition of "balance"
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Think of PvP imbalances as bugs in a trial that make progression impossible.

PvP "imbalance" is NOT a bug.

The thing making "progression impossible" in PvP is between the Keyboard and the Chair.

99% of PvP imbalances are a L2P issue - where L2P may mean - teaming up, regearing, retraiting, realligning CP to make of for weaknesses.

If you build only for DPS and give no heed to Defence and Mitigations the ONLY person to blame for you losing is you.

All The Best

"l2p means teaming up". I didn't know that I need to zerg to get gud, that sounds pretty new to me.

MMO remember

Massively MULTIPLAYER right?

Get it now?

No need to get gud until you've got smart.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    it kinda stupid to lose vs more than one mag noobs, even in group scenario (lets say 2v2)

if one player get focused by dots, the chance to survive very slim without a decent counter or team heal(purge, cloak, mist).
    for some classes especially stamina, our HOT is gone only to surpress these dots.
    not mention vigor team heal now gone, stamina player cant help anybody and not desireable for group play anymore.

soul trap and entropy are low skilled + carry cheese + class homogenize.

some dot mechanic gear sets cant even compete and dead because of this homogenize skill.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    This goofy thread a nutshell:

Running around a tree until your Dawnbreaker is ready = SKILL

Watching timers and refreshing DOTs = CHEESE

It's all just mashing buttons...get over yourselves!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    By the way, where is the "GO _____ OR GO CRY!" guy when you really need him?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!

The thing making "progression impossible" in PvP is between the Keyboard and the Chair.

99% of PvP imbalances are a L2P issue - where L2P may mean - teaming up, regearing, retraiting, realligning CP to make of for weaknesses.

If you build only for DPS and give no heed to Defence and Mitigations the ONLY person to blame for you losing is you.

All The Best

"l2p means teaming up". I didn't know that I need to zerg to get gud, that sounds pretty new to me.

MMO remember

Get it now?

All The Best

ESO remember?

PLAY AS YOU WANT as one of their main selling points.

Not everyone enjoys zerging down a player or winning a fight because of numbers.

Are you saying that typing LFG in zonechat is that you have completed the L2P or get gud thing? I dont think that really does require getting smart. That just requires a keyboard with a working L, a working F and a working G.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

All The Best

MMO remember

Get it now?

All The Best

1) ESO remember?

2) PLAY AS YOU WANT as one of their main selling points.

3) Not everyone enjoys zerging down a player or winning a fight because of numbers.

4) Are you saying that typing LFG in zonechat is that you have completed the L2P or get gud thing? I dont think that really does require getting smart. That just requires a keyboard with a working L, a working F and a working G.

1) Yup, so?

2) Doesn't work as a counter argument. You are free to play as you want, there is no guarantee that playing as you want will a) be effective, or b) deliver the results want. If this argument were valid we'd see Progression Raiders defending the right of solo-casuals to get BiS gear - and we all know that ain't going to happen. Or we'd see PvPers calling for a way for PvE Players to get the rewards of playing in Cyro, skyshards for example - and hell will freeze over completely before that happens.

3) Then you are forced to accept that sometimes you will lose, because the other guy was smarter (chose a winning strategy rather than a losing one).

4) The "getting smart" bit relates to having the mindset to change playstyles that are no longer working for you, rather than expecting the game to change for you.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.