The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.2

• Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    The projectile change to sloads is a nice step but still not enough. Magika classes can't afford to dodge roll out of sloads proc in an outnumbered situation. If we are going the projectile route, changing it to function like velidreth would add skill in getting it to land. Oblivion damage is the most destructive damage type and it being dodgable isn't a viable solution for magika setups.
    The projectile change to sloads is a nice step but still not enough. Magika classes can't afford to dodge roll out of sloads proc in an outnumbered situation. If we are going the projectile route, changing it to function like velidreth would add skill in getting it to land. Oblivion damage is the most destructive damage type and it being dodgable isn't a viable solution for magika setups.

also if a stam user is using it the projectile will be in your face prob before u can even react.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    mh2do5no05jh.jpg

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Prison
        • Rune Cage (morph): This ability now only deals damage if the stun lasts for its full duration.

THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE, the problem with this:

1. The long range. DK fossilize is only 8m
    2. You can have full stamina and no you can NOT break free.
    3. This skill even if you can NOT break free, is no dispelled by damage. so you can be 100% in health, have shields up, and you will eat damage for the full 5 seconds this broken skill last.

Fix
    Make it only 10m range
    Breaks if you take X amount of damage.
    FIX the bug that you can not break free when you clearly have the stamina for it.
    DAMAGE is not needed.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Hey, its a pretty good start.

The revert change to runes damage means that it won't be slotted on most solo sorcs bars, since an only CC ability is quite a sacrifice, however its still a problem (and was when it was introduced) from groups pinning you with a buggy to break, 40m uncounterable CC.

Sloads projectile NEEDS to be reflectable. It is indeed a projectile, and adding yet another exception to wings shows bias. Especially since DK has nothing to combat it, unlike cloak/purge/roll. Tanks already have many counters in dots, doubly so for bleeds, unblockable on targets (like curse/potl) and many AoEs.

Or even better, just not stack. Have it refresh instead, since it is oblivion damage and PvP oriented. Then make the cooldown to proc per target (like wyrd tree) so it isn't useless.

It is however Oblivion dmg. So no, it does not need to be reflectable. Roll dodge like the rest of us.

Why does it need to be dodgable then? It is oblivion damage yes?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "Alinor Bookshelf, Grand Full" furnishing is now actually filled with books, as intended.

AW :( really wanted to make a shalidors library with this since so few bookshelfs are able to hold books and interact with them at the same time

would it be possible to keep both versions?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage is pretty much reverted to pre summerset. So everyone can stop complaining about a skill that wasn't complained about for the 6 months prior.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Significantly reduced the amount of Boosters needed to improve the quality of Jewelry.
    • At maximum rank of Plating Expertise, it now takes only a single piece of Terne Plating to go from white to green, two Iridium Platings to go from green to blue, three Zircon Platings to go from blue to purple, and only 4 Chromium Platings to go from purple to gold.

Now if only this change could be brought forward to the current Live version. I have jewellery that I want to make. :|
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can the rune prison and sloads change to projectiles be reflected by wings?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »
    mh2do5no05jh.jpg

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Rune Prison
        • Rune Cage (morph): This ability now only deals damage if the stun lasts for its full duration.

THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE, the problem with this:

1. The long range. DK fossilize is only 8m
    2. You can have full stamina and no you can NOT break free.
    3. This skill even if you can NOT break free, is no dispelled by damage. so you can be 100% in health, have shields up, and you will eat damage for the full 5 seconds this broken skill last.

Fix
    Make it only 10m range
    Breaks if you take X amount of damage.
    FIX the bug that you can not break free when you clearly have the stamina for it.
    DAMAGE is not needed.

Very well said, +1 on this.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Rune Cage is pretty much reverted to pre summerset. So everyone can stop complaining about a skill that wasn't complained about for the 6 months prior.

Everyone complains because is broken, the stun can not be break free and the range make's it stupid OP.

When you have a sorc from 20m+ hitting you, the stun is usually the full 5 seconds it last, In that time you will eat: LA, force pulse, LA, force pulse, frags, execute (with 4 secs WAITING to hit). And the best of all, if that already didnt killed you, IMPLOSION will do it.

Yeah give sorcs 2 executes and a broken stun.

I play with and against sorcs, so I know for sure how broken this skill is.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The projectile is a nice step but still not enough. If we are going the projectile route, changing it to function like velidreth would add skill in getting it to land.

Agreed. I can understand ZOS is not trying to nerf Sloads into the floor but its still going to be OP.

the problem is it being a projectile doesnt help out mag, which even in the eso live one of the game devs said it was to effective against as it was intended for tank builds.

at least its a start tho, I dont have an answer for how to reduce its effectiveness against mag classes without making it useless against tanks. Even if they made it based off health then it still would reduce its effectiveness on perma block tanks
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I'm out of ways to say "If CC break isn't reliable, and it isn't, 5 seconds is death on a class with good burst".
    It doesn't seem like this is getting through.

they have previously mentioned that runecage is getting a 2 part nerf, i assume this is going to be part of a global cc systems rework or tweak
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    how about making runecage dodgeable but not blockable then have streak unodge-able but block-able so they have both but split in 2 spells to make choices matter in there fight

i think they did mention this in the recent eso live
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for sload's, IT's BEEN SAID numerous times. DONT MAKE IT STACKABLE, in a 1 vs 1 situation this set is OK. The problem is when you are facing 2+ people with damage that CAN NOT be mitigated.

JUST MAKE IT REFRESH THE DAMAGE, ZOS listen to the playerbase, it will be very viable to keep the DOT on a tanky player for the full fight, but in that scenario the target can at least react.

Now facing 2+ players with this stacking is a death sentence
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »

While the sloads change certainly will help medium armor builds avoid it more frequently, it may not fully "balance" the set. Even with the first cycle of PTS notes removing the first tick as well as the ability to proc itself, it will still deal a relatively high amount of damage and will remain just as unavoidable as it was previously for a wide variety of builds. I'd recommend upping the cooldown slightly to reduce the uptime, perhaps a cooldown of 10 seconds instead of 6. This will allow for recovery time in between sloads procs, instead of it just being active 100% of the time in 1v1 encounters. Even with it being dodgeable, there is no way to predict and actively roll it's proc without counting down the exact cooldown and even then, this will be near impossible if outnumbered or under pressure.

The set has a 10% proc chance, not 100%. This in practice translates to roughly 60% uptime, even if you are hitting a target dummy with everything you've got. So it won't be active 100% in 1v1 encounters.

Have you fought against a sloads user? If they have any type of dot damage, if they're a dk using volatile, a stam sorc using hurricane + bleeds, a stamblade using poison injection, a mageblade using cripple, you can expect near 100% uptime on sloads. Let's not forget on live it currentley can refresh within the last second of the duration and can proc itself, effectively creating 100% uptime. To say it has a 60% uptime is completley ignorant and shows that you have done little testing with/against the set.

The fact that you even said it'd be 60% uptime on a DUMMY shows that you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    So now the Tank-Killer set is a projectile. (Sloads)

Assuming it inherits all the projectile traits, this means that it can also be reflected by the 'tank' class wings...

@Peekachu99

Play WW yourself. It's far from shambles. Besides, permawolf in BG's doesn't seem like a good design choice IMO. (Especially since it can be done when building full glass-cannon)

I find the ability to stay in WW-form on PTS very similar (if not easier) compared to live. While Gilliam is a competent player, he could have done things better in that BG match on ESO live. Permawolf in battlegrounds is not an issue what so ever :)

Show me a video of you doing this and I’ll believe you. You have weeks to come up with one, and that’s about what it will take for you to get lucky enough without being chain cc’d or having corpses disappear too fast to maintain form, consistently.
    Excellent changes to sloads and rune cage! This should help bring rune cage back down to par with other hard CC's, HOWEVER there is still the issue of the CC itself being buggy and often delayed/unbreakable. This should be evaluated during this pts cycle. Other than that I personally am satisfied with the changes to rune cage.

While the sloads change certainly will help medium armor builds avoid it more frequently, it may not fully "balance" the set. Even with the first cycle of PTS notes removing the first tick as well as the ability to proc itself, it will still deal a relatively high amount of damage and will remain just as unavoidable as it was previously for a wide variety of builds. I'd recommend upping the cooldown slightly to reduce the uptime, perhaps a cooldown of 10 seconds instead of 6. This will allow for recovery time in between sloads procs, instead of it just being active 100% of the time in 1v1 encounters. Even with it being dodgeable, there is no way to predict and actively roll it's proc without counting down the exact cooldown and even then, this will be near impossible if outnumbered or under pressure.

I'd also like to propose a skoria nerf; this set is one that hasn't been adjusted alongside the numerous other procs that had balance changes applied to them, and it is so powerful that stamina builds can afford to run it without sacrificing much at all. The damage should either be brought down, or the cooldown should be brought up. This is a set that is on my recap 4x as frequently as sloads, and is often hitting for nearly the same damage as a full duration sloads proc.

Personally I think the best solution to proc sets would be to have them scale off of max stats like abilities do, so that they couldn't be used by cheesy, proc set reliant builds with terribly low stats (and tanks). They should reward building into damage with high damage, not allow it to anyone willing to slot the set. Obviously if this change was made, the base damage values would have to be evaluated for changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Mostly terrible idea. “Let’s let the bursty NB/Sorc/Whatever benefit more from burst proc sets!” said no one ever aside from you. Dps and glass cannons are already rewarded in every other way by having their offensive/ defensive and healing abilities bolstered by their max stats. The only way this would work would be if Protection buffs, healing given/ received and armor buffs likewise scaled with Health as a max stat. But since most everyone in this game is laser focused on max dps, that would never happen.

First off, you neglected the fact that I said "a base damage evaluation would be necessary for this change to be implemented". I forsee the base damage being reduced enough that, for example, a stamina build with 36k stamina and 5k weapon damage would have a selenes tooltip equivalent to what selenes hits for on EVERY SETUP ON LIVE.

Second, I don't know what server you're playing on, but to say everyone in the game is laser focused on max dps literally makes me cringe. I have exclusively played MAXIMUM damage builds on all 5 MEDIUM ARMOR stam classes utilizing NO proc sets since one tamriel. I'm talking two damage oriented sets with bloodspawn, slimecraw, 1 kena 1 veli, masters bow, etc. Ravager/hulking/bone pirate/ truth/ clever/auto/hundings etc are examples of the sets I run. There are fewer than 10% of the PvP population on XB NA playing "glass cannon" damage oriented builds like the ones I play. The vast majority of players on the server play survival focused setups with massive amounts of sustain, sword and board with endless block capability, argonians with massive healing modifiers and blue cp in blessed, heavy armor defile builds, etc. There is literally no understandable reason that a 30k health 30k stamina 3k weapon damage argonian dragonknight should have a 12k selenes tooltip, while a 39k stamina 5k weapon damage redguard dragonknight has the exact same 12k selenes tooltip. That makes no sense, and is part of the reason why proc sets are so universally utilized on such a wide variety of builds.

Third, nothing needs to scale with health. You're comparing a damaging SET to non damaging BUFFS and percentage modifiers. What are you even trying to say?
    Edited by React on July 23, 2018 6:42PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Hey, its a pretty good start.

The revert change to runes damage means that it won't be slotted on most solo sorcs bars, since an only CC ability is quite a sacrifice, however its still a problem (and was when it was introduced) from groups pinning you with a buggy to break, 40m uncounterable CC.

Sloads projectile NEEDS to be reflectable. It is indeed a projectile, and adding yet another exception to wings shows bias. Especially since DK has nothing to combat it, unlike cloak/purge/roll. Tanks already have many counters in dots, doubly so for bleeds, unblockable on targets (like curse/potl) and many AoEs.

Or even better, just not stack. Have it refresh instead, since it is oblivion damage and PvP oriented. Then make the cooldown to proc per target (like wyrd tree) so it isn't useless.

they stated the problem with that is sloads was designed to counter tanks, most tanks have wings.... eclipse cant reflect it either, templars being another good tank build

that being said i dont think the projectile fix is going to stick, it doesnt help mag classes out because they cant rolldodge and mag are the build being screwed over most by it
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can the rune prison and sloads change to projectiles be reflected by wings?

No, they can't.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent changes to sloads and rune cage! This should help bring rune cage back down to par with other hard CC's, HOWEVER there is still the issue of the CC itself being buggy and often delayed/unbreakable. This should be evaluated during this pts cycle. Other than that I personally am satisfied with the changes to rune cage.

I'd also like to propose a skoria nerf; this set is one that hasn't been adjusted alongside the numerous other procs that had balance changes applied to them, and it is so powerful that stamina builds can afford to run it without sacrificing much at all. The damage should either be brought down, or the cooldown should be brought up. This is a set that is on my recap 4x as frequently as sloads, and is often hitting for nearly the same damage as a full duration sloads proc.

Personally I think the best solution to proc sets would be to have them scale off of max stats like abilities do, so that they couldn't be used by cheesy, proc set reliant builds with terribly low stats (and tanks). They should reward building into damage with high damage, not allow it to anyone willing to slot the set. Obviously if this change was made, the base damage values would have to be evaluated for changes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

the problem with skoria is its also heavily used in pve
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor scattershot and its pitful 10m range, plus its blockable, dodgeable and reflectable
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the enormous efforts and thought you have put into all those improvements for magicka wardens. You clearly understand how to balance classes and it is truly admirable how quick you were reacting on all those issues being brought up and explained by your community.

Mindblowing performance, well deserved summer holiday! Will buy more crowns for sure just to express my gratitude for you guys caring so much!
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "scrolling down to dragonknight"

I'm now down on my toolbar, hovering over my computer clock.

Should I keep going or?
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on July 23, 2018 7:02PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this pretty much it for the update? Are there truthfully any other significant changes planned for this PTS? If not, I'd like to stop paying attention now.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The set has a 10% proc chance, not 100%. This in practice translates to roughly 60% uptime, even if you are hitting a target dummy with everything you've got. So it won't be active 100% in 1v1 encounters.

Have you fought against a sloads user? If they have any type of dot damage, if they're a dk using volatile, a stam sorc using hurricane + bleeds, a stamblade using poison injection, a mageblade using cripple, you can expect near 100% uptime on sloads. Let's not forget on live it currentley can refresh within the last second of the duration and can proc itself, effectively creating 100% uptime. To say it has a 60% uptime is completley ignorant and shows that you have done little testing with/against the set.

The fact that you even said it'd be 60% uptime on a DUMMY shows that you have no clue what you're talking about.

It does not create a 100% uptime. That's an urban legend coming from "proccing from everything"

A dummy is, in fact, the best target if you want to get sload uptime as high as possible, because it does nothing to defend itself. You can bombard it with four different DOTs at once and them spam it with direct attacks to get as many hits as you can to proc sload. Under those conditions, the uptime is roughly 60%:

E1jgS4x.png
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Didn't they said that rune cage was going to be doggeable? and with the new damage mechanic, probably is going to be better to reduce the stun duration

Yes, they said. But not this patch.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

the problem with skoria is its also heavily used in pve

Except, that isn't really a problem. Skoria is "heavily used in PvE" because it is one of the more reliable damage monster sets that does a good bit of damage consistently.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, now the Balorgh Vykosa monster set is even more trash than it was before.

Sload's still needs a cooldown and made unstackable. Not really an improvement, because it still sucks for magicka players.

Rune cage damage isn't the issue, which has been said many times! Fix your broken CC mechanics all across the board!

Good jewelry crafting update.

At least you listened to our input regarding the Templar Channeled Focus ability!
    Edited by JPcrazysquirrel3 on July 24, 2018 9:51PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does not create a 100% uptime. That's an urban legend coming from "proccing from everything"

A dummy is, in fact, the best target if you want to get sload uptime as high as possible, because it does nothing to defend itself. You can bombard it with four different DOTs at once and them spam it with direct attacks to get as many hits as you can to proc sload. Under those conditions, the uptime is roughly 60%:

E1jgS4x.png

There are target dummies Vs. a single opponent and then there is stepping into a Battleground where the majority of players are using this set.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

E1jgS4x.png

There are target dummies Vs. a single opponent and then there is stepping into a Battleground where the majority of players are using this set.

I am countering the claim that sload has 100% uptime in 1v1 encounters (check the post i originally replied to).

Of course any set will have 100% uptime if you throw an unlimited number of attackers on a single target.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, now the Balorgh monster set is even more trash than it was before.

Uh. The Vykosa monster set change is great (I assume that's what you meant, since the patch notes made no mention of the other monster set), because now you have control over when you want it to proc. It's definitely a situational/niche set. But I can see places where the set would really shine. For example, when the Warrior in vHRC starts his channel, I could bash and basically get a free Nova for the duration of that channel. Whereas before today's change, there were no situations where the set made sense.
    Edited by code65536 on July 23, 2018 7:22PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

E1jgS4x.png

I am countering the claim that sload has 100% uptime in 1v1 encounters (check the post i originally replied to).

Of course any set will have 100% uptime if you throw an unlimited number of attackers on a single target.

In short fights (and those are quite common in PvP, unlike dummys players don't have millions of health) it can have 100% uptime quite easily. Just needs like 2 procs back to back or even only 1 proc, depending on the lenght of the fight. Ofc this won't happen every time, but based on my own testing in actual PvP it doesn't matter how low the actual Sloads uptime is, other DoTs tend to have the same or even lower uptime. Because those are actually avoidable. So assuming equal uptime when comparing it to other sets isn't unreasonable at all.
    Edited by Rianai on July 23, 2018 7:37PM
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nah the change is good, I don't agree with this at all.