The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.2

• IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Stamsorcs have some identity please? Give us a wind morph of overload or something. Also dark magic and summoner passives should be reworked.

Dark Magic isn't that bad. If they gave stam sorcs a skill to reliably proc Blood Magic, that would be worth missing out on a lot of the passives there.

Summoner passives need to give a bonus at all times--these bonuses would be buffed when a pet is active. Right now, only pet sorcs benefit from this skill line, and they are a minority
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx team! Nice changes.

Also, excited that WereWolf will be good at PVE finally. Thank you for that.

Don't nerf WW please.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Can we test a wrecking blow rework that functions like solar barrage. No cast time slightly reduced damage @ZOS_GinaBruno @Gilliamtherogue @ZOS_Wrobel
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    No WW adjustments for two PTS cycles, really? Is the plan to just leave it in shambles for another two years now? The timer is atrocious and Gilliam couldn’t even stay in form in a BG on your live stream.

I completely disagree. The timer is way better now... and they fixed so many issues with the werewelf (the fear is instant; the feed is over time, instead of all at once; you don't HAVE to take damage to stay in ww form). You can have 100% werewolf uptime in a fight lasting over 5 minutes without having to use the time-increasing leap. In a BG this means you have to still be super aggressive, but instead of seeking out damage (as you would with the old Blood Rage), you now seek to deal it, also it procs on dots, which means if you put your bleed on someone it will keep giving you time back in the form. I think it's fair to say that WW is in quite a good spot right now, potentially verging on game-breaking, if nothing is done about the ridiculous light-attack only builds for PvE.
    Edited by Saturn on July 24, 2018 7:19AM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Can Stamsorcs have some identity please? Give us a wind morph of overload or something. Also dark magic and summoner passives should be reworked.

Dark Magic isn't that bad. If they gave stam sorcs a skill to reliably proc Blood Magic, that would be worth missing out on a lot of the passives there.

Summoner passives need to give a bonus at all times--these bonuses would be buffed when a pet is active. Right now, only pet sorcs benefit from this skill line, and they are a minority

Agreed. I also want a Stam morph of overload and maybe attro.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Significantly reduced the amount of Boosters needed to improve the quality of Jewelry.
    • At maximum rank of Plating Expertise, it now takes only a single piece of Terne Plating to go from white to green, two Iridium Platings to go from green to blue, three Zircon Platings to go from blue to purple, and only 4 Chromium Platings to go from purple to gold.

While this is a step in the right direction, I think you are very generous to use the word "only" in such a manner. Please keep in mind this is still 5x the amount of materials needed to upgrade to legendary, compared to other crafting skills. The difference is that it goes from costing ~1.8million to ~900k gold to upgrade a jewellery set to legendary (NA prices), which means most people still won't do it, cause it simply isn't worth it, unless you are swimming in virtual currency.

I think this is a very good example of ZOS not wanting to actually fix their own flawed design [removed bashing comment]. It's okay to be stubborn, but just realise that it's also okay for us to call you out on [removed profanity] decisions.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 24, 2018 3:04PM

Fire and Ice
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Rune Cage is pretty much reverted to pre summerset. So everyone can stop complaining about a skill that wasn't complained about for the 6 months prior.

Not really. Old RC was dodgeable and it would break on the next direct damage.

In crowded fights it basically meant free CC immunity for the enemy

There was a (brief) period of time when Rune Cage had no damage, but functioned as a stun. You probably don't remember it because everyone was using Fire Reach, instead.

People weren't using it because it didn't last for a broken OP 5 seconds, not because it had no damage.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    Rune Cage is pretty much reverted to pre summerset. So everyone can stop complaining about a skill that wasn't complained about for the 6 months prior.

There was a (brief) period of time when Rune Cage had no damage, but functioned as a stun. You probably don't remember it because everyone was using Fire Reach, instead.

People weren't using it because it didn't last for a broken OP 5 seconds, not because it had no damage.

How is it broken exactly? It works like Petrify, with just worse morph choices and longer ranged, yet no one complains about that skill.

Fire and Ice
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People were using it, and the stun duration is inconsequential - if you’re not breaking free you’re dead in 2.5 seconds also.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    No WW adjustments for two PTS cycles, really? Is the plan to just leave it in shambles for another two years now? The timer is atrocious and Gilliam couldn’t even stay in form in a BG on your live stream.

I completely disagree. The timer is way better now... and they fixed so many issues with the werewelf (the fear is instant; the feed is over time, instead of all at once; you don't HAVE to take damage to stay in ww form). You can have 100% werewolf uptime in a fight lasting over 5 minutes without having to use the time-increasing leap. In a BG this means you have to still be super aggressive, but instead of seeking out damage (as you would with the old Blood Rage), you now seek to deal it, also it procs on dots, which means if you put your bleed on someone it will keep giving you time back in the form. I think it's fair to say that WW is in quite a good spot right now, potentially verging on game-breaking, if nothing is done about the ridiculous light-attack only builds for PvE.

Agree with the part of werewolfs being in a good spot. Gamebreaking? Not yet at least. From a PvP perspective werewolfs have lost a bit of damage. Simple reason is because you´ve to stack a bit more into health to get better use of the "new" heal, and by that sacrificing max stamina and weapon damage.

Regarding the light attack builds:
    What you achieve on a target dummy isn´t always a good measurement of how good something can be in an actual raid-scenario. I don´t see end-game raiding guilds brining werewolfs to their raids aside from certain bossfights in the Craglorn trials. And these 50k light attack parses are extremely heavily carried by sets.

I sincerely hope ZOS doesn´t reduce werewolf light attack damage. Two reasons why:
    1. Werewolfs got their light attack damage reduced in Summerset when they lost their unique 1,5x weapon damage modifier to their light attacks. If this was intentional or a bug is still a mystery. For me this was very noticeable in PvP where the light attacks are the primary source of my damage as a werewolf.

2. None of the PTS changes indicates that werewolfs got any changes that increased their damage output, but rather the opposite by loosing the 10% weapon damage bonus on Hircine´s Rage. Reducing light attack damage on werewolfs because of two overperforming sets isn´t a good move in opinion.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it broken exactly? It works like Petrify, with just worse morph choices and longer ranged, yet no one complains about that skill.
    Not even close, Rune Cage last 2X as long as petrify and is being wielded by a class designed around bursting opponents down in a small window. At 2.5 seconds a character with 25-28K resistance and 25K health has a chance to survive that burst if the Sorc doesn't line it up perfectly, but when the Sorc gets another 2.5 seconds of free damage it gives the Sorc a big enough margin of error so that same character gets melted almost every time. And DK is almost never going to burst that same character down from 100% HP to dead over the duration of a petrify because the class is designed to tank damage and whittle down opponents with dots.
    Edited by itscompton on July 24, 2018 7:55AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even close, Rune Cage last 2X as long as petrify and is being wielded by a class designed around bursting opponents down in a small window. At 2.5 seconds a character with 25-28K resistance and 25K health has a chance to survive that burst, but when the Sorc gets another 2.5 seconds free damage that same character gets melted almost every time. And DK is almost never going to burst that same character down from 100% HP to dead over the duration of a petrify because the class is designed to outlast and whittle down opponents, not line up a 1 sec burst of 20K damage that then procs a 6-8K auto execute that was applied before the burst even started.

What makes you assume you can beak out in 2.5 seconds but not in 5 seconds?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    The projectile change to sloads is a nice step but still not enough. Magika classes can't afford to dodge roll out of sloads proc in an outnumbered situation. If we are going the projectile route, changing it to function like velidreth or infernal gaurdian would add skill in getting it to land. Oblivion damage is the most destructive damage type and it being dodgable isn't a viable solution for magika setups.

I've never understood this "magicka characters can't afford to dodge roll" thing. If they can't, too bad - suffer! Then you'll have to sacrifice some of that 60k magicka for some more stamina or suffer the consequences. Yes, I play both magicka and stamina toons, so it's no "hate sorcs" thing. Heal through or dodge Sloads, fine. Sorcs can't always be regarded as some special children, that needs fine treatement.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    The projectile change to sloads is a nice step but still not enough. Magika classes can't afford to dodge roll out of sloads proc in an outnumbered situation. If we are going the projectile route, changing it to function like velidreth or infernal gaurdian would add skill in getting it to land. Oblivion damage is the most destructive damage type and it being dodgable isn't a viable solution for magika setups.

I've never understood this "magicka characters can't afford to dodge roll" thing. If they can't, too bad - suffer! Then you'll have to sacrifice some of that 60k magicka for some more stamina or suffer the consequences. Yes, I play both magicka and stamina toons, so it's no "hate sorcs" thing. Heal through or dodge Sloads, fine. Sorcs can't always be regarded as some special children, that needs fine treatement.

Most Sorcs already run 16k+ Stam. It’s not only dodging Sload’s. It’s snares, roots, and CCs too. Stam Chars ofc get to stack WD through the roof. MagSorc damage and shields are tied to max magicka. Sure, you can run more health and more stam. You’re not going to kill anyone and be OOM most times.

So, what are you sacrificing as stam char that has perpetual snare immunity?
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Hey, its a pretty good start.

The revert change to runes damage means that it won't be slotted on most solo sorcs bars, since an only CC ability is quite a sacrifice, however its still a problem (and was when it was introduced) from groups pinning you with a buggy to break, 40m uncounterable CC.

Sloads projectile NEEDS to be reflectable. It is indeed a projectile, and adding yet another exception to wings shows bias. Especially since DK has nothing to combat it, unlike cloak/purge/roll. Tanks already have many counters in dots, doubly so for bleeds, unblockable on targets (like curse/potl) and many AoEs.

Or even better, just not stack. Have it refresh instead, since it is oblivion damage and PvP oriented. Then make the cooldown to proc per target (like wyrd tree) so it isn't useless.

Eeeveryone can rolldodge. If they have issues with it, then deal with it. The overspecialized species are always the ones who die, it's an easy mechanism. I agree however, that Sloads should be reflectable. But that's not the point. Everyone is asking devs to fit the game to your specific playstyle, while you are the ones who should adjust.

I can agree there are loads of unnecessary and outright stupid changes being made every now and then, the one to Empower as a good example (very fun for stamblades etc. who farmed lorebooks - not to NO avail whatsoever), but that's another story. I mean, use empowering chains on a DK, and WHOOOAAAA! ehäm.... hmmmm..... two light attacks....? Is that what you are supposed to do when "empowered"? Such an anticlimax...

We all know they ain't nerfing Sloads (yet) because they want to sell Summerset. I do have opinions about having such an "easy mode" set available as crafted. It's pretty.... Easy.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a second? With the changed to Incap, with the stun only happening after a certain ult amount, does this replace the change where you had to be at a lower health percent to stun??? If so, I'm totally ok with this change.

These notes seem to be pretty good, ish.
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Rikumaru
      Rikumaru
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      mh2do5no05jh.jpg

csrecf4lzeve.png

Weapon
      • Two Handed
        • Heavy Weapons: Fixed an issue where the axe bleed would not stack when multiple players used it against the same enemy.

Thank god this was fixed. Now I can enjoy cyrodill being hit by multiple bleeds and sloads.
      Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
    • Raudgrani
      Raudgrani
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wait a second? With the changed to Incap, with the stun only happening after a certain ult amount, does this replace the change where you had to be at a lower health percent to stun??? If so, I'm totally ok with this change.

Actually a kind of change I think they should do to many ultimates, that people consider "OP". Lower ulti, less grandeur effect - more ulti, add that nasty stun etc. Should for example be done to Dawnbreaker too. Low ulti, same damage, higher ulti - include the (damn) stun.
    • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
      xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
      ✭✭✭

Actually a kind of change I think they should do to many ultimates, that people consider "OP". Lower ulti, less grandeur effect - more ulti, add that nasty stun etc. Should for example be done to Dawnbreaker too. Low ulti, same damage, higher ulti - include the (damn) stun.

It used to be like that I believe a while ago. The higher the ult number, the higher the damage it did. But that was changed because that ults were doing so much damage. So as far as I know, it's not like that anymore.
      New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
      Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
      My little rant I guess?:
        One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
        Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
        Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
        • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
        • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
        • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
        • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
        • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
        • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
        • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
        • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
        • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
        • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
        • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
        • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
        • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
        • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
        • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
        • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
      • Raudgrani
        Raudgrani
        ✭✭✭✭✭

It used to be like that I believe a while ago. The higher the ult number, the higher the damage it did. But that was changed because that ults were doing so much damage. So as far as I know, it's not like that anymore.

Didn't know that. But I meant like, take the currents state of (for example) Dawnbreaker, make it dmg only at minimum ulti cost, if you add another 80-100 ulti - then add the stun. I don't want them to make (at least some) ultimates even more powerful, rather sort of cut some of them up in their current form. It's just a matter of a few ones.
        The change to Incap strike is really, really good. That's good game balance (and I play NB a lot). I often dislike the changes in this game, but this is a fresh new thing.
      • Biro123
        Biro123
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

Not even close, Rune Cage last 2X as long as petrify and is being wielded by a class designed around bursting opponents down in a small window. At 2.5 seconds a character with 25-28K resistance and 25K health has a chance to survive that burst if the Sorc doesn't line it up perfectly, but when the Sorc gets another 2.5 seconds of free damage it gives the Sorc a big enough margin of error so that same character gets melted almost every time. And DK is almost never going to burst that same character down from 100% HP to dead over the duration of a petrify because the class is designed to tank damage and whittle down opponents with dots.

This is completely wrong. 2.5 seconds is a HUUGE margin of error for sorc burst.
        The only way cage kills people is when that burst is lined up perfectly and all lands In the <0.5 seconds it takes the target to break-free.
        sitting in the bubble for 2.5 seconds after that - another 2 full cooldowns of unblocked/undodged damage = dead. Another 2.5 seconds after that means nothing to the majority of builds.

Edited by Biro123 on July 24, 2018 8:59AM
        Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
        Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
        Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
        Aidee - Magsorc - DC
        Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
        Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
      • Xsorus
        Xsorus
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Biro123 wrote: »

This is completely wrong. 2.5 seconds is a HUUGE margin of error for sorc burst.
        The only way cage kills people is when that burst is lined up perfectly and all lands In the <0.5 seconds it takes the target to break-free.
        sitting in the bubble for 2.5 seconds after that - another 2 full cooldowns of unblocked/undodged damage = dead. Another 2.5 seconds after that means nothing to the majority of builds.

I don’t think he realizes the amount of damage I can put out with 24k spell pen on a sorc with a 5 second unblockable stun.
      • Feanor
        Feanor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Xsorus wrote: »
        Biro123 wrote: »

I don’t think he realizes the amount of damage I can put out with 24k spell pen on a sorc with a 5 second unblockable stun.

The point is - whether the stun lasts 5 seconds or 2.5 is totally meaningless. Either you break free or you don’t - in which case you’re dead in 2.5 seconds as well.
      • Raudgrani
        Raudgrani
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Feanor wrote: »

Most Sorcs already run 16k+ Stam. It’s not only dodging Sload’s. It’s snares, roots, and CCs too. Stam Chars ofc get to stack WD through the roof. MagSorc damage and shields are tied to max magicka. Sure, you can run more health and more stam. You’re not going to kill anyone and be OOM most times.

So, what are you sacrificing as stam char that has perpetual snare immunity?

I don't have any snare immunity issues, but then again - I don't have any damage shields, covering my whole health bar. So I have to burn my main resource on block, rolldodge AND Shuffle/Forward Momentum. And I can't get my snare immunity by sacrificing a secondary resource, except Purge from alliance war skills; and yeah - that cost is about all magicka I have on any of my stam toons. Furthermore, my highest max stamina character is around 43k stamina (out of werewolf form), and that's a small resource pool compared to my sorcs.

Common, ffs. What are we arguing about, really? Life is hard for sorcs? Really? Sorc is easy mode both in PVE and PVP, you know this. As simple as that. Put on a couple of tristat glyphs or whatever, change 5k magicka for more stamina, or put points into Tumbling/Warlord. You are still way ahead of 90% of all stamina builds. I play both, I know. You don't fool me. There has to be some sort of shortcoming being a sorc, otherwise we might as well delete all other classes.
      • LadyNalcarya
        LadyNalcarya
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        NBrookus wrote: »
        baratron wrote: »
        I can also see this becoming the new Worms left on Alchemy node situation. People who don't have auto-loot on (e.g. because they don't have Crafting Bags) will take only the Dust from a Blacksmithing node rather than the metal as well. I am insufficiently knowledgeable about the game's code to know whether taking part of a node is any different to taking the full node in terms of how long it takes before the game refreshes the node, but this is something that the devs should consider.

Once a node has been "touched" it respawns sooner.

Which is likely 10 minutes, AKA a lifetime of waiting.
        There was a video in another thread somebody watched a Thieves Trove partially looted until it despawned. It was ridiculously slow.

FYI, an Abyssal Geyser event respawns in just over 10 minutes. If you have waited for one of those or farmed somethign while waiting, you know how insanely annoyingly slow that is.

They did not anticipate players leaving partial nodes and it was less of a problem before they made this crafting skill very vulnerable to it. They now need to acknowledge the problem and rework the respawn rates.
        NBrookus wrote: »
        baratron wrote: »
        I can also see this becoming the new Worms left on Alchemy node situation. People who don't have auto-loot on (e.g. because they don't have Crafting Bags) will take only the Dust from a Blacksmithing node rather than the metal as well. I am insufficiently knowledgeable about the game's code to know whether taking part of a node is any different to taking the full node in terms of how long it takes before the game refreshes the node, but this is something that the devs should consider.

Once a node has been "touched" it respawns sooner.

Which is likely 10 minutes, AKA a lifetime of waiting.
        There was a video in another thread somebody watched a Thieves Trove partially looted until it despawned. It was ridiculously slow.

FYI, an Abyssal Geyser event respawns in just over 10 minutes. If you have waited for one of those or farmed somethign while waiting, you know how insanely annoyingly slow that is.

They did not anticipate players leaving partial nodes and it was less of a problem before they made this crafting skill very vulnerable to it. They now need to acknowledge the problem and rework the respawn rates.

This.
        I dont know why they havent removed the ability to partially loot nodes. I think it should be "all or nothing" type of deal or at least they should despawn in 1 minute or so (giving you enough time to free a slot in your inventory).
        Besides, leaving baits and furniture mats doesnt even make sense, those things actually sell.
        Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
      • laksikus
        laksikus
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        can sloads projectile be reflected by wings?
      • Septimus_Magna
        Septimus_Magna
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        The problem with Rune Cage (and other hard CCs in a lesser extend) is the break-free delay.

When I get zerged down in pvp it takes me about 2 seconds to break-free from Rune Cage. After I can finanlly break-free Ive taken dmg and the zergers have caught up so I will die for sure.

The strange thing is that a CC like Flame Reach or Javalin can be broken while flying through air so there’s no delay.

Please fix the break-free delay, I want to break-free!
        PC - EU (AD)
        Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
        Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
        Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
        Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
        Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
        Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
        Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
        Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
      • Sharee
        Sharee
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

The strange thing is that a CC like Flame Reach or Javalin can be broken while flying through air so there’s no delay.

Yep - flame reach, dizzying swing - can break as soon as CC is applied.

OTOH, fossilize, rune cage, fear, reverb - have to suffer the animation, and if CC break is used "too soon" the keypress will be completely ignored, so you have to spam it, and you always take 1-2 hits before you can regain control.
      • Stibbons
        Stibbons
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Millz wrote: »
        Can we test a wrecking blow rework that functions like solar barrage. No cast time slightly reduced damage @ZOS_GinaBruno @Gilliamtherogue @ZOS_Wrobel

Yes -60% damage and remove stun too.
      • Feanor
        Feanor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Sharee wrote: »

Yep - flame reach, dizzying swing - can break as soon as CC is applied.

OTOH, fossilize, rune cage, fear, reverb - have to suffer the animation, and if CC break is used "too soon" the keypress will be completely ignored, so you have to spam it, and you always take 1-2 hits before you can regain control.

That’s why fixing would be preferable to nerfing. Everyone knows though which of the two is easier and takes less effort. So instead of fixing CC mechanics we get nerfs to skills.
        Edited by Feanor on July 24, 2018 12:18PM