The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.1.2

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was unable to use the PTS under the prior patch because of Multiple GPU's (SLI) but this patch has fixed that. Was that an correction omitted from the notes, or did I just get a lucky break?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    Can we test a wrecking blow rework that functions like solar barrage. No cast time slightly reduced damage @ZOS_GinaBruno @Gilliamtherogue @ZOS_Wrobel

40% slightly? You want to nerf Wb?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

The strange thing is that a CC like Flame Reach or Javalin can be broken while flying through air so there’s no delay.

Yep - flame reach, dizzying swing - can break as soon as CC is applied.

OTOH, fossilize, rune cage, fear, reverb - have to suffer the animation, and if CC break is used "too soon" the keypress will be completely ignored, so you have to spam it, and you always take 1-2 hits before you can regain control.

I absolutely hate this. Needs to be consistent either way but it really is annoying. Still every now and then I get petrified and a talon, break free animation plays, but then you stand there for a second when you then can’t roll dodge only to see your character go back to the stun animation
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    The projectile change to sloads is a nice step but still not enough. Magika classes can't afford to dodge roll out of sloads proc in an outnumbered situation. If we are going the projectile route, changing it to function like velidreth or infernal gaurdian would add skill in getting it to land. Oblivion damage is the most destructive damage type and it being dodgable isn't a viable solution for magika setups.

I've never understood this "magicka characters can't afford to dodge roll" thing. If they can't, too bad - suffer! Then you'll have to sacrifice some of that 60k magicka for some more stamina or suffer the consequences. Yes, I play both magicka and stamina toons, so it's no "hate sorcs" thing. Heal through or dodge Sloads, fine. Sorcs can't always be regarded as some special children, that needs fine treatement.

Good luck roll dodging a lot with a magicka build in noCP PvP. Even as argonian with Amberplasm and 14,5 k stam i need to be very careful how i spend that stamina. Forcing dodge or block to counter op procs might work for CP PvP but it does nothing to balance them for noCP where procs are the biggest issue.

I shouldn't be forced to spend a quite significant amount of resources to counter free dmg.
    Edited by Rianai on July 24, 2018 1:25PM
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry - expected change, good change. In time, the market will adjust the Chromium cost lower. Will probably need another adjustment in the next patch. It's okay for gold jewelry to be exclusive for a bit.
    Templar - good change. sustain is already hard enough on a stamina templar (sorry magplars about dark flare)
    Sloads - This is okay. I hate sloads, but I hate it more from a stamblade 40 m away who charged lethal, poison injection and is wearing sloads and valkyn. Dodgeable will make a lot of people drop it
    Rune Cage - not a good fix as it wasn't about the damage. It's about a clunky animation and delay before a buggy breaking free on a skill that has almost 40m range in Cyrodiil. Fix the animation and break free. If that is not possible this patch, then significantly reduce the range until it is fixed, like 20 m.
    Defile - shortening the window is good

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel @Gilliamtherogue
    Snares and Magblade rant - very few counters to this exist, which is okay on tankier classes. But for classes that depend on mobility like magicka nightblades, this is a killer. This class has been reduced to bomblades waiting around for an unattentive group at a flag or repairing a door. They don't have the damage passives, stacked burst, shields, or on-demand mobility of sorcs. They don't have the tankiness of templars, wardens, or DKs. With the higher crit resistance available, their main damage source from stealth is almost gone. They used to be the most mobile class, but with the newer emphasis on and access to speed via jewelry, this is significantly diminished. A stam sorc has easy access to major and minor expedition and with swift jewelry, can be at the speed cap without sprinting. Magblade needs some attention to feel right again. Not "right" as in the ultimate gank class (that honor belongs to stamblades), but the class with the best mobility and decent enough damage to kill in 2 or 3 encounters. This can be fixed multiple ways, but my recommendation is to add major expedition to cloak and snare removal with a short immunity to image. DK Wings will soon have removal and immunity, but magblades are still running around with 2H swords for forward momentum. Giving up everything in the destro staff line as a magicka class just to survive. Image is not a spammable (like wings) and requires it to be set before getting the teleport and removal/immunity. This is similar to precognition, but without the resource restore so not an easy tool to use but one that a good player can reliably use. Cloak gaining major expedition just puts magblades back on pace with stam users while cloaked. With concealed, the buff would still be slower than major expedition and sprinting, but fast enough to kite in stealth. Out of cloak, magblades would be slower than sorcs who have streak. Magblades have access to major expedition from cripple if not purged or from double take, but only 4 seconds. Neither are a reliable buff. What about a pot for major expedition? *A major expedition, major sorcery, magicka restore potion would be nice since stam classes already have that.* Currently, that means major sorcery is from either sap in close range with high risk of stuns/snares or from degeneration which telegraphs your position. Either way you lose sustain from the pot and Major Intellect. Please add the unique mobility back to magblades.
    Edited by mojomood on August 8, 2018 9:09PM
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    itscompton wrote: »
    Saturn wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Rune Cage is pretty much reverted to pre summerset. So everyone can stop complaining about a skill that wasn't complained about for the 6 months prior.

Not really. Old RC was dodgeable and it would break on the next direct damage.

In crowded fights it basically meant free CC immunity for the enemy

There was a (brief) period of time when Rune Cage had no damage, but functioned as a stun. You probably don't remember it because everyone was using Fire Reach, instead.

People weren't using it because it didn't last for a broken OP 5 seconds, not because it had no damage.

How is it broken exactly? It works like Petrify, with just worse morph choices and longer ranged, yet no one complains about that skill.
    Not even close, Rune Cage last 2X as long as petrify and is being wielded by a class designed around bursting opponents down in a small window. At 2.5 seconds a character with 25-28K resistance and 25K health has a chance to survive that burst, but when the Sorc gets another 2.5 seconds free damage that same character gets melted almost every time. And DK is almost never going to burst that same character down from 100% HP to dead over the duration of a petrify because the class is designed to outlast and whittle down opponents, not line up a 1 sec burst of 20K damage that then procs a 6-8K auto execute that was applied before the burst even started.

What makes you assume you can beak out in 2.5 seconds but not in 5 seconds?

Do you even play this games as a NON SORC? lol
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    can sloads projectile be reflected by wings?

No, you can dodge, but cant reflect :wink:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Saturn wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Rune Cage is pretty much reverted to pre summerset. So everyone can stop complaining about a skill that wasn't complained about for the 6 months prior.

Not really. Old RC was dodgeable and it would break on the next direct damage.

In crowded fights it basically meant free CC immunity for the enemy

There was a (brief) period of time when Rune Cage had no damage, but functioned as a stun. You probably don't remember it because everyone was using Fire Reach, instead.

People weren't using it because it didn't last for a broken OP 5 seconds, not because it had no damage.

How is it broken exactly? It works like Petrify, with just worse morph choices and longer ranged, yet no one complains about that skill.
    Not even close, Rune Cage last 2X as long as petrify and is being wielded by a class designed around bursting opponents down in a small window. At 2.5 seconds a character with 25-28K resistance and 25K health has a chance to survive that burst, but when the Sorc gets another 2.5 seconds free damage that same character gets melted almost every time. And DK is almost never going to burst that same character down from 100% HP to dead over the duration of a petrify because the class is designed to outlast and whittle down opponents, not line up a 1 sec burst of 20K damage that then procs a 6-8K auto execute that was applied before the burst even started.

What makes you assume you can beak out in 2.5 seconds but not in 5 seconds?

Do you even play this games as a NON SORC? lol

I have been leveling my Stamplar in PvP lately, thank you.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    How about deleting runecage entirely and dont replace it with anything until you come up with something good. We can wait a few more months.
    Or do the same thing ya did with Healthy Offering, changing it for the Nightblade healers out there and taking away the Unblockable undodgable CC Magic nightblades had. Just make it into a Heal, with a Heal you exchange health for, you know, for all the Magic Sorcerer Healers out there. They need love too. Make it cost lots of health. Call it Cozy Cage, make it snuggle the target with a blanky, and the morphs can be Fluffy Cage with a more powerful heal over time and extra coziness, and Warm Enclosure that also deals extra fire damage to the caster but the heal is instant. o_O _v
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    bpmachete wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    How about deleting runecage entirely and dont replace it with anything until you come up with something good. We can wait a few more months.
    Or do the same thing ya did with Healthy Offering, changing it for the Nightblade healers out there and taking away the Unblockable undodgable CC Magic nightblades had.

Wasn't playing a magblade then...wonder what it was like to have an unblockable, undodgeable CC. Now we just have bombers and 2H swords. #FeelsBadMan
    Edited by mojomood on July 24, 2018 2:20PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive comments. Please keep comments on topic with the new changes and feedback constructive. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on a verge to unsub my 2 accounts and quit playing, but these changes are first steps towards right direction. At least in my opinion.

Hope there's more good news to come.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the rune cage nerf they’ were talking about? Are you **** kidding me?
  • ChiknAriseMcFro
    Rune cage and sloads. I've had other stuff hit me much harder than either. Sloads was never a concern for me even as a light armor magblade. The issue with rune cage is not being able to break it even with a full stamina bar. Whatever damage it does when it does damage is pitiful at best.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Hey, its a pretty good start.

The revert change to runes damage means that it won't be slotted on most solo sorcs bars, since an only CC ability is quite a sacrifice, however its still a problem (and was when it was introduced) from groups pinning you with a buggy to break, 40m uncounterable CC.

Sloads projectile NEEDS to be reflectable. It is indeed a projectile, and adding yet another exception to wings shows bias. Especially since DK has nothing to combat it, unlike cloak/purge/roll. Tanks already have many counters in dots, doubly so for bleeds, unblockable on targets (like curse/potl) and many AoEs.

Or even better, just not stack. Have it refresh instead, since it is oblivion damage and PvP oriented. Then make the cooldown to proc per target (like wyrd tree) so it isn't useless.

You comments about rune cage gave me a good laugh!

Rune Cage enable full blown one shot combo to sorc. Damage is not much issue!

True. But for many stamBlades that was part if the issue. It would hit then for 3-5k. Which meant it was sure death. Now they can survive. I still would have rathered it be changed in another way. But it legit is a start, and they should leave it this way for a patch cycle to test.

Because in dragon bones it did no damage, and the meta was DSA staff. They added damage and people banked their DSA staff. Now they will test and see how many go back for their DSA staves and how much it is complained about.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fixes! Thanks! I like the jewel crafting improvements too.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    So, now the Balorgh monster set is even more trash than it was before.

Uh. The Vykosa monster set change is great (I assume that's what you meant, since the patch notes made no mention of the other monster set), because now you have control over when you want it to proc. It's definitely a situational/niche set. But I can see places where the set would really shine. For example, when the Warrior in vHRC starts his channel, I could bash and basically get a free Nova for the duration of that channel. Whereas before today's change, there were no situations where the set made sense.

I edited my statement to reflect that. My apologies, The notes mentioned Balorgh in another capacity, and I got the two mixed up.

Still, it is a very niche monster set, because how often does anyone bash, really?

I mean, at least before, it would proc on taunt,...it was just underpowered, (was too short of a debuff/had too long of a cooldown).

Now, you have to taunt (costs resources), then bash (costs more resources), and it is still the same short duration with a high cooldown.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point in running that set.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wth does the Templar execute keep getting increased even more every time i read the patch notes it was nerfed before for a reason stop going and increasing the damage it does
  • SirSchmoopy1535
    Vykosa: Slightly adjusted the 5-piece bonus from this item set.
    • OLD
      • 5: When you taunt an enemy, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
    • NEW
      • 5: When you Bash an enemy you have taunted, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30% This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

You meant 2 piece, right? Since Vykosa is the monster set. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by SirSchmoopy1535 on July 25, 2018 12:59AM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Wth does the Templar execute keep getting increased even more every time i read the patch notes it was nerfed before for a reason stop going and increasing the damage it does

It's being buffed because it is currently worthless in PvE due to being over-nerfed because of PvP whining in the past. Note that they're buffing the execute bonus, not the base damage, so it won't hit hard unless you're at low health (in which case it would probably kill you, anyway, with or without this buff). PvE Templars are currently second worst in DPS and we need the buff to close the gap, even just a little. It compensates for the fact that we can't weave and proc enchants while beaming.

The best solution to balance Radiant in both PvE and PvP is to eliminate the scaling based on missing health and replace it with scaling based on range.

When enemy is under 30% health:
    0-8 meters: 400% execute bonus
    8-20 meters: scale bonus down from 400 to 0%
    21+ meters: 0% execute bonus

This idea synergizes perfectly with the "Templar house" philosophy the class was built around. Step on my porch and get wrecked, son. Even though we generally want to move away from that, it does provide a good solution to PvE/PvP balance in this case.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune Cage doing damage is dumb, sure, but the damage isn't what is broken about the ability right now. Argh.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune cage and sloads. I've had other stuff hit me much harder than either. Sloads was never a concern for me even as a light armor magblade. The issue with rune cage is not being able to break it even with a full stamina bar. Whatever damage it does when it does damage is pitiful at best.

this is a feature with most all cc skills. sometimes you break free, sometimes you get charged the stamina cost, but don't break free.

rinse and repeat.

watch your character die.

pvp rng.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »

The revert change to runes damage means that it won't be slotted on most solo sorcs bars, since an only CC ability is quite a sacrifice, however its still a problem (and was when it was introduced) from groups pinning you with a buggy to break, 40m uncounterable CC.

Sloads projectile NEEDS to be reflectable. It is indeed a projectile, and adding yet another exception to wings shows bias. Especially since DK has nothing to combat it, unlike cloak/purge/roll. Tanks already have many counters in dots, doubly so for bleeds, unblockable on targets (like curse/potl) and many AoEs.

Or even better, just not stack. Have it refresh instead, since it is oblivion damage and PvP oriented. Then make the cooldown to proc per target (like wyrd tree) so it isn't useless.

Eeeveryone can rolldodge. If they have issues with it, then deal with it. The overspecialized species are always the ones who die, it's an easy mechanism. I agree however, that Sloads should be reflectable. But that's not the point. Everyone is asking devs to fit the game to your specific playstyle, while you are the ones who should adjust.

I can agree there are loads of unnecessary and outright stupid changes being made every now and then, the one to Empower as a good example (very fun for stamblades etc. who farmed lorebooks - not to NO avail whatsoever), but that's another story. I mean, use empowering chains on a DK, and WHOOOAAAA! ehäm.... hmmmm..... two light attacks....? Is that what you are supposed to do when "empowered"? Such an anticlimax...

We all know they ain't nerfing Sloads (yet) because they want to sell Summerset. I do have opinions about having such an "easy mode" set available as crafted. It's pretty.... Easy.

Good luck if you are going to constantly be dodgerolling on magicka build. Typical magicka builds always reserve stamina for CC break and dodge only when they absolutely have to unless built for blocking. They can roll dodge but magicka specs cannot afford the luxury of passive dodge chance because none save for NB and Warden has passive dodge chance upon activation of their skills anymore. And magicka builds certainly cannot afford to dodge roll Sload's proc only to be hard cc'd at the end with a lot less stamina left with a lot less stam regen than typical stam dps build. Hence, Sload's with this change will only become a problem for magicka builds. Hardly fair as they will have to sit and take the unmitigatable damage that stacks.

Stamina management on magicka builds are a lot harder than it is for stam builds to manage magicka as stamina is crucial in survival to magicka builds but to stam builds, magicka is utility. This sort of change to Sload's is really not great. It would've made a better change if it was unstackable. Very fair for both stam and magicka.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on July 25, 2018 4:22AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the duration on Major Defile for NB's Incapacitating Strike? They need to make sure it's only 4 seconds as well when they're nerfing Reverb Bash.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewerly crafting seems to be taking a step in the right direction.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's starting to look right, still the major issues haven't been addressed:

- Rune cage damage is not an issue at all, by the time the skill is supposed to apply the damage on you, you're already dead. Like 5 seconds before the damage is applied. If you don't wanna listen to the countless people who are asking this skill to be reverted and the stun to be put back to the frag, at least make it reflectable or something like it or drastically reduce the range. What happened to the high risk and high reward type of playstyle?

- Sload projectile can be dodged...or reflected, the proc should be on direct damage or the percentage must be wayyyyy lower and it cannot stack. It's Oblivion damage guys, you cannot let it stack multiple times.

- I really like Vykosa change, it makes it less exploitable and gives you way more control over it. Given the fact that now it is required to you to be melee and so you cannot range spam it, can you consider the possibility to increase the time? 3 seconds are nothing in ESO, 5 seconds are a much more reasonable window to operate and fully obtain the benefits of the proc.

- I think you're fairly underestimating how fast a nightblade can stack ultimates. 120 for the incap is the easiest way to change something to not change anything at all, make it 150 ( effectively doubling the cost of the ultimate ) in order for the stun to happen and we got a nice change.

- GG on the Jewelry Crafting Changes. It's a nice step towards the community and thus, beneficial for the game
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you guys in regards of the templar changes! i guess @Joy_Division recieved so many complaints in his nice feedbacksheet concerning the magicka return. the increased dmg of radiant destruction is also really satisfying to read.

i feel you are taking more feedbacks during this PTS cicle than last cicle, i appreciate that!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    General
    Fixed an issue that led to unusual rotations for pets, mounts, target dummies, and assistants in your home.

My pets and my banker are all facing the wrong way, turned 180 degrees around from where they are on the Live server. They have all turned there back on me. How rude!
    PC EU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runecage, no hard cc should have max range, its rly just that simple imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭

You are the one that is seemingly bias towards DKs it seems ;)
    For one, Fossilize, double-CC is, although only 8m or so range, more powerful.. DK's have gapclosers so the short range on it isn't really an issue(leap ulti, stam 2h gapcloser etc).. Plus when I get hit with it in non-cp(BGs etc), being a mag class I only have enough stamina to break out of the stun, I can't usually break from the immobilize part..

So DKs should be the only ones that should be able to reflect sloads you think? Due to DK reflect, I am forced to one option when it comes to single target DD ability, force pulse, rather than the one I would prefer using(magblade funnel health, magplar Javelin, or Destructive Reach, among many other skills)... In the heat of battle I really can't tell if the target I am shooting at happens to be a DK, yeah I see the wings animation but that can also come up after I have fired off a spell.. For BGs I have just resorted to checking the player list before match begins, and if there is more than 1-2 DKs in the enemy teams, I swap to different gear(no master staff/reach etc) and abilitys, rather than making a fool out of myself and blowing myself up..

Reflect is really powerful, it reflects the highest damage abilitys there are, lethal arrow, crystal frags, merciless resolve proc etc.. And you are wondering why more and more are going with DOT builds..

The problem that has made Sloads the most toxic and hated set right now is mostly because of bugs that allows it to proc itself, proc from siege weapons etc..

Also one major issue is that there is no really good purge ability availible to everyone.. Purge/cleanse is really expensive to cast, even for magicka chars.. Hell, I never even use it myself on any of my mag characters.

And naturally, tanky characters that normally reduce DOT's like Burning into 100dmg/s mousefarts are now sadfaced because they are suddenly taking damage from DOTs and not just the rare ones who run oblivion glyph/sets..