Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

WW LA (Normalized) ... WW Feedback Thread

• brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Any update from ZOS on this? Has this significant damage decrease issue been acknowledged as a bug or is this nerf to Werewolf Light Attacks 'working as intended?'

Please advise!

Thanks!

This

I'm interested in this too!
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already play a vanilla WW because Wardens wonky design and none of my passives benefit WW, but if this goes in live I am in two primarily WW guilds, a lot of people will leave the game over these changes.

Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for some sort of official word on this. We'd like to know for build-planning purposes, if nothing else...

Is it working as intended, or is it broken? If broken, any ETA on a fix? If working as intended, any explanation as to why the WW's most valuable damage mechanism is getting severely nerfed?

I am going to keep posting in this thread daily to ensure it stays on the front page of the PTS forum.

Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jediprime74

Wait till next week, after the patch notes.

If it doesn’t get mentioned, then get more vocal.
    Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    @Avran_Sylt

I am very patient as a general rule. I would be fine with someone popping in and saying 'we see what you're talking about, we'll get back to you.' However, we lack even the least response from ZOS, which I find troubling. There is still time to rectify or explain this issue prior to launch of the Summerset patch, and I would very much prefer this issue be addressed before the expansion goes live.

Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @jediprime74

Wait till next week, after the patch notes.

If it doesn’t get mentioned, then get more vocal.

What bothers me is definitely the lack of any acknowledgement for this. You posted this thread within like 20 mins of patch notes with multiple tags to the developer with no response. They definitely have a lot of work with this update.

If we aren’t very vocal then it will stay like this.

Leader of the pack morph has been broken since day 1 of its change and no fix in the foreseeable future
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, this change/bug to light attack damage is going to kill the werewolf playstyle. Can we please get a fix in asap?
    Options
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf was always ridiculously overpowered.
    You're so biased against stamina because of your precious Sorc that I bet a lot don't take your comments seriously.

OT: Werewolves need some love. Why is ZOS being quiet about this?
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PelinalWhitestrake

The reason the PR team is so quiet is likely due to them working on the daedric dress up content results.

Why wrobel and the rest are? Dunno. I’d personally just make the change and let the patch notes speak if I were them. I’ve got work to do.
    Options
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt takes more then 30 secs of precious time writing something like "we've seen it." or "we're investigating it" or "testing new things out", so that _could_ be done even by the heaviest working developer.
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Werewolf light attack feels like a Kitten scratch . REVERSE THE SCALING CHANGE PLEASE !
    Options
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Didaco wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The attacks are powerful enough, I'm happy with this change

So you're happy with classes and skills being bugged and mechanics not working as intended?

I wouldn't care for her comments, after many biased threads and comments against stamina

If you actually read them, it's more about magicka not being able to manage stamina

@NyassaV

Well hot damn, I can't wait for StamNB magicka management to get buffed so they can sit nicely in cloak for as long as MagNB.

If your concern is quite literally only with regards to break free however, I can see your point.

Stamblades can already do that :D
    The point is that some players are still so reclutant about cutting their precious magicka pools in favour of stam regen.

I wear 3 well fitted and 1 stam regen glyph on my ring and yet I still have issues...

Iirc, CC immunity lasts 8 secs: Build for 1k stam rec and you get the full break free cost by the time immunity expires (if you invest the cp needed to get at 20% break free.
    1k regen is not even needed if you use pots.

Drop well fitted pieces, the only form of defense you should use are shields and class based skills.
    Edited by Didaco on May 5, 2018 4:38PM
    Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Werewolf light attack feels like a Kitten scratch . REVERSE THE SCALING CHANGE PLEASE !

Still no word...sigh.

Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mostly Min/Maxed WW on Live:
    i322yu1r8ocg.png

vs. PTS:
    qrgcaueco6aa.png

The bleed stays about the same.

Assuming this is working as intended, how will this impact your builds, for those of you that use WW.

the main question should be people still use werewolf even though its practically useless??
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf is on its deathbed...

You can't run around in a werewolf pack anymore. Takes forever to get the ultimate back up and ready again at a staggering 300 ultimate cost. Healing and sustain is bad. Mobility is only good before you get snared or locked down. Damage is not that great with the nerf...

Why run it? Might as well go vampire for the Undeath.
    Edited by Skoomah on May 5, 2018 10:09PM
    Options
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    If this ends up going live we will shut down our ww guild of three years. It won't be worth the werewolves many draw backs. I don't play werewolf for role playing, I beat content and play competitive PvP. This change would make the Ultimate useless.
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertthewolf wrote: »
    If this ends up going live we will shut down our ww guild of three years. It won't be worth the werewolves many draw backs. I don't play werewolf for role playing, I beat content and play competitive PvP. This change would make the Ultimate useless.

Exactly
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though Werewolves are op for roleplaying ;) The Werewolf dance using shield bash is absolutely hillarious ! Please nerf!
    Edited by Thraben on May 7, 2018 5:55AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
    Options
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf has always been great for soloing! That’s what makes it fun to play. It’s great for VMA and for saving dungeon groups during hard boss battles. Anyone else solo hard mode Valkyn Skoria while standing in lava? Lol, good times. Light attacks are 50% of a werewolf’s rotation because our abilities are so much more expensive than any other build in the game. We can’t just spam our Howl of Agony to make up for our light attack damage loss, we’ll burn through stamina like none other!

If the 40% light attack reduction ends up being just a 20% total damage loss, here are the numbers. If your wolf does 20k dps, that would put you at 16k with the new update. Over 30 seconds that would take you from 600k to about 480k in that time frame. Now consider 4 werewolves with this reduction. In 30 seconds that would be 480k overall less dps. Remember the cat in Fang Lair? No longer possible.

We ran all dps werewolves through vFL. During the Cadaverous Menagerie, one dps kited the wolves and the other three werewolves were able to kill the tiger with 1.2 million health in 30 seconds before it leaped. But with 480k overall less damage in 30 seconds, we will no longer be able to kill the tiger before it leaps. If we don’t have the dps to do that, we definitely won’t have the damage to kill the bear before the cat and dire wolves kill us.

We’ve done vDSA as three werewolves plus a nightblade. Probably won’t be able to do it again in the update. VMA? Still doable, just slower. PvP? With light attacks being our primary damage aside from Howl of Agony, we won’t be able to keep the pressure up unless we can spam our abilities more. It would basically be a race of burst your opponent to death before you run out of stamina.

Acknowledge that, @ZOS_GinaBruno. This is a problem that needs to be fixed before Summerset goes live. We just want to know you guys are hearing us.
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be patient. Wait until the patch notes have been pushed.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be patient. Wait until the patch notes have been pushed.

@Avran_Sylt

PTS notes are up, still no changes/fixes to the light attack scaling. At least nothing has been written about it yet. If you´ve the time to log onto the PTS and test again it would be very valuable. It wouldn´t be the first time ZOS has made changes to werewolfs without mentioning it in the patch/PTS notes.
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we’re ducked. No changes to WW and just one more patch till love and then... WW is ruined
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    And we’re ducked. No changes to WW and just one more patch till love and then... WW is ruined

Without a single damned word of acknowledgment at this point, yeah..we are borked.

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please, for the sake of being polite, can we get some sort of feedback? Anything? Throw the werewolves a bone here.

Even if it is just to say 'oh, yeah, we meant for this change to happen,' just tell us something.

Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a sad state of affairs when asking to receive the same buffs that every single other spec got (except 2h) and instead getting a big ass nerf in the same category doesn't bring any sort of developer response to the single LEAST PLAYED METHOD of the game.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken

I’ll check it out later tonight when I’m home, see if there’s been any un-noted changes.

But if there aren’t any, I do hope that @ZOS_GinaBruno could bend an ear somewhere and see if the decreased weapon scaling was intentional.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me a few download minutes, and I'll test that.
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are all getting your hopes up lol. Hahahaha!!!
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will start preparing my WW R.I.P. video tomrw.
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    I will start preparing my WW R.I.P. video tomrw.

Thank you. You’re the only one that doesn’t give TOO much credit to Zenimax.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options