Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

WW LA (Normalized) ... WW Feedback Thread

• jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    With the PTS down for maintenance/updates I will be watching this thread with great interest. I am sure we would all like to know if the latest iteration has fixed the issue with WWs.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's also hope they fix this one before live or we're going to have a werewolf-apocalypse :D
    ArtOfShred wrote: »
    Some new issues to report with 4.03:

89147 Werewolf Berserker Bleed is being applied by unmorphed Werewolf Transformation & Pack Leader in addition to the standard bleed 89146 Werewolf Bleed - causing an insane amount of damage.
    This bug doesn't extend to the Werewolf Berserker morph where it properly only applies 89147.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Let's also hope they fix this one before live or we're going to have a werewolf-apocalypse :D

89147 Werewolf Berserker Bleed is being applied by unmorphed Werewolf Transformation & Pack Leader in addition to the standard bleed 89146 Werewolf Bleed - causing an insane amount of damage.
    This bug doesn't extend to the Werewolf Berserker morph where it properly only applies 89147.

Can anyone with combat metrics confirm this?
    Edited by Qbiken on May 14, 2018 1:12PM
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why @ArtOfShred would invent this, but it should be very easy to check once the next PTS patch is up.
    Edited by Aznox on May 14, 2018 1:12PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭

What's wrong with a 180k bleed? If you play a werewolf this will be a buff. If you fight a werewolf this will be a nerf. Or something like that. I suck at doing the Wrobel impersonation.

In all seriousness, yeah, they need to fix that. I am on console so I was completely unaware of the issue prior to that post. The last thing we need is for ww's to get nerfed because of a glitch.

Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken

It doesn't even need metrics. It pops up on the in-game combat cloud.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4.0.4: 50% damage buff for WW LA and HA and bleed bug fix.
    Edited by Feanor on May 14, 2018 3:36PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    4.0.4: 50% damage buff for WW LA and HA and bleed bug fix.

Its still not on Pair with what used to be .

For example if your light attack on live hit for 1000 dmg , after the 40% nerf it hits for 600 and now it is getting buff with 50% so it will be hitting for 900 damage compared to 1000 on live , so we end with 10% nerf in light attack damage .
    Edited by RouDeR on May 14, 2018 3:44PM
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I tested, the light attack damage was reduced 28%. So 50% buff nets 20%+ buff. I will test tonight. Sounds like ZOS fixed the issue.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmh… I would be cautious and test when the 50% multiplier is applied. I can see a 50% increase who work additionally with other multiplier (cp, passives…) leading to an overall nerf on an optimized character.

I'll test that later when I'll get some time.
    Options
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dumb question here, does this effect overload at all?
    Also, thanks for catching this guys as I just started playing around with werewolf and having fun with it for the first time, running kvatch kena and briar for now.
    Xbox One Na
    Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    Argh. I am impatient. I know the PTS server is still down, but I very much want to know whether the 50% buff is over current *live* damage or if it is a buff to the 'broken on PTS' damage.

Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argh. I am impatient. I know the PTS server is still down, but I very much want to know whether the 50% buff is over current *live* damage or if it is a buff to the 'broken on PTS' damage.

I would be very surprised if it is not just over the PTS figures...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, thanks for catching this guys as I just started playing around with werewolf and having fun with it for the first time, running kvatch kena and briar for now.

This is about light attack damage a werewolf does while in werewolf form, so no overload.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, after some testing I'm currently pleased to say that the 50% added damage to light and heavy werewolves attack seem to work multiplicatively with all other booster. I've tested precise strike (cp bonus), master at arm (cp bonus), energized (sorcerer passive) and swift warrior (orsimer passive) ; all are added additively (up to a 49% buff), but the ww is then applied multiplicatively, as planned. High end werewolves are not gimped by this fix.

Now, if someone can test the difference between live and PTS on his werewolf (both in human and wolf form) in order to determine if this new formula is better, worse or equal to the old one, it would be perfect.
    Options
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

This is about light attack damage a werewolf does while in werewolf form, so no overload.

I understand that, however overload works similar to wolf form.
    Xbox One Na
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live : Max crit = 9845
    wnk4eeT.png

OLD PTS : Max crit = 6525
    2jWluDJ.png

NEW PTS : Max crit = 9787
    llChEiF.png

I'm a bit disappointed that we seem to be the only ones to not get a small boost but lets say the worse has been avoided.
    Will do more testing when possible.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    wnk4eeT.png

2jWluDJ.png

llChEiF.png

I'm a bit disappointed that we seem to be the only ones to not get a small boost but lets say the worse has been avoided.

Assuming your numbers are accurate it would seem that WW is still nerfed compared to live. I cannot believe this was the desired result of a 50% buff. Makes no sense.

Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wnk4eeT.png

2jWluDJ.png

llChEiF.png

@Aznox thank you for testing today .

@ZOS_GinaBruno This is not a 50% increase compared to live . Is the 50% increase based on last PTS numbers or compared to current live numbers ?
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aznox thanks for the live/pts comparative.

So that's mean they just fix the thing they broke last week, without fixing what they was trying to do : giving WW light/heavy the same scaling as every other light/heavy, with the WW bonus taken in account. We are basically at week 1/2 of PTS now.
    If it go to live, werewolf would be the only spec who will not benefit from the light and heavy attack rework. At least ww won't be weaker than now.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff by 70 percent plz zos
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wnk4eeT.png

2jWluDJ.png

llChEiF.png

This is strange. My own quick test has shown a ~18% 10% buff:

(PTS on left, identical stats/target between live and pts)
    4UH2ux.jpg
    Edited by Sharee on May 14, 2018 8:42PM
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop using those trash addons , go to overland and test ur light Attacks on a world boss or some monster using the ingame Combat Text
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharee do you have screenshot with full cmx window ?

I think you have a build stacking more max stamina and less weapon damage.

This is would explain the difference.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Stop using those trash addons , go to overland and test ur light Attacks on a world boss or some monster using the ingame Combat Text

If you use the same addon at all tests it is still reliable to use.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

Trash addons ? What ? What would be the difference fighting a world boss from any target skeleton ? Why would you want to attack something with unknown resistances vs an accurate tool ?
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat metrics is probably the single most influential addon in the history of ESO, and any serious PC player use it ... but yeah trash addon :D
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharee do you have screenshot with full cmx window ?

I think you have a build stacking more max stamina and less weapon damage.

This is would explain the difference.

Okay i rechecked and the damage difference is 10%, not 18% (i did not realize my weapon damage enchant procced on PTS).
    Still, an increase.

Here is a screenshot of the stats used for the test(non-transformed):

Adkpt7.jpg
    Edited by Sharee on May 14, 2018 8:45PM
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry but this isn't enough to compare, will run my own tests with a more max stamina oriented build.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wnk4eeT.png

2jWluDJ.png

llChEiF.png

Assuming your numbers are accurate it would seem that WW is still nerfed compared to live. I cannot believe this was the desired result of a 50% buff. Makes no sense.

By 60 dmg. Please be quiet before they end on copying the fighters guild skill line over the werewolf skill line by accident and then we have no more werewolf. Please and thank you!
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options