The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

sorcs

• Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    I am glancing over this thread and just shaking my head. I cannot believe in Feb 2018, we are still arguing that sorcs are OP. The countless hours I spend in Cyrodill between Shor and Vivec...I see maybe a dozen magicka sorcs. Not only do we all run one of maybe three viable build combinations, but we are in such a minority now it can only speak volumes with out difficult and not fun the class has become.

I feel bad, but I don't even bother in the Legends tournaments because I know the odds are already stacked against me. The only joy in PvP is finding inexperienced players to rack up kills, or run around in a small group. If you are still struggling against magicka sorcs, you have bigger issues to worry about.

I struggle less vs magdk as vampire than mag sorcs and it isn't as much struggling, it just feels cheap and not fun to play vs sorc. If I die to any other class, I can tell exact moment where I screwed up and what I could have done better but with sorc nope, just nothing to say about it and yes it is really frustrating to me. People keep saying sorcs are so bad, why do I keep seeing very dominant sorcs in Vivec all the time?

First of all, you're lying when you say you're not struggling with MagDKs, 1v1, as vampire 4. Note I realize you didn't say that per se, this is the scenario that is well-known and dreaded.

Then I think your timing is sloppy.
    You deal with sorcs two ways, and both require some precise timing.

When you start glowing purple (Curse), you count to three and have your defense ready. That is block, dodge, shield or Cloak (use it after the Curse, before Frag impacts). Or simply have healed up if you're a meatbag with 40k HP, or LoS around a tree or behind the sorc if you'rd mobile. Or purge the Curse, or whatever. Just do SOMETHING.

When the sorc claps the hands and glows purple (Ward), count to five. This might be four or six, depending on the sorc's shielding behaviour and your CC burst combo. If you time it right, you'll have the sorc stunned when the shields expire, and he'll eat your burst combo while breaking free - in light armor, with 20k HP and no HoT.

People have been complaining about sorcs because they require a different approach. It's easy once you learned the mechanics, you'll see. Kinda like Maelstrom or HoF.

No, I am not lying about fighting magdk as vampire. With magdk you can at least take little bit more space around you and breathing room but sorc has surge that stuns and has incredibly big hit box.

and I've tried so many of these tips you just said, time combo right just as their shield drops but it always ends up being that they keep around 2k hp after and then back to damage shield covering entire health bar and nope no kill, I rarely see sorcs with just 20k btw, maybe without cp.

Surge with a big hit box?

Sorc has no AoE stun, in fact it has the least amount of AoEs in game (I think, at least viable PvP ones)

Either you're thinking of warden or just a bit tongue tied.

Anyway, that last bit of health: do you have an execute? If so, just spam that till they die, because they can't get outta execute range, execute spam usually works.

If not have you tried Oblivion Damage Glyphs? They work semi well (told you guys 50% nerf was too much...) at executing shield users.

If you're warden, Betty for GG, Templar purge for GG, DK should be able to face tank it but probably won't catch the sorc, NB either Stam burst when they're not ready, mNB is just a beast.

That surge ability, which makes sorc teleport to a distance away stuns if you're caught in it. Maybe not aoe but I keep getting stunned by it. And as far it goes to the last bit of health, nope I spam 2h exe or killer's blade but not enough to burst through damage shield that they can apply every time they hit a button and if healer is nearby they are pretty much back to full health.
    I'll give you something here though, now that in BG there is no cp, sorcs are way too weak but the moment you give them cp they become an issue to me.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so true, NERF SORC now
    no more buffs anymore for sorc and destro staves!!!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glancing over this thread and just shaking my head. I cannot believe in Feb 2018, we are still arguing that sorcs are OP. The countless hours I spend in Cyrodill between Shor and Vivec...I see maybe a dozen magicka sorcs. Not only do we all run one of maybe three viable build combinations, but we are in such a minority now it can only speak volumes with out difficult and not fun the class has become.

I feel bad, but I don't even bother in the Legends tournaments because I know the odds are already stacked against me. The only joy in PvP is finding inexperienced players to rack up kills, or run around in a small group. If you are still struggling against magicka sorcs, you have bigger issues to worry about.

I struggle less vs magdk as vampire than mag sorcs and it isn't as much struggling, it just feels cheap and not fun to play vs sorc. If I die to any other class, I can tell exact moment where I screwed up and what I could have done better but with sorc nope, just nothing to say about it and yes it is really frustrating to me. People keep saying sorcs are so bad, why do I keep seeing very dominant sorcs in Vivec all the time?

First of all, you're lying when you say you're not struggling with MagDKs, 1v1, as vampire 4. Note I realize you didn't say that per se, this is the scenario that is well-known and dreaded.

When you start glowing purple (Curse), you count to three and have your defense ready. That is block, dodge, shield or Cloak (use it after the Curse, before Frag impacts). Or simply have healed up if you're a meatbag with 40k HP, or LoS around a tree or behind the sorc if you'rd mobile. Or purge the Curse, or whatever. Just do SOMETHING.

When the sorc claps the hands and glows purple (Ward), count to five. This might be four or six, depending on the sorc's shielding behaviour and your CC burst combo. If you time it right, you'll have the sorc stunned when the shields expire, and he'll eat your burst combo while breaking free - in light armor, with 20k HP and no HoT.

People have been complaining about sorcs because they require a different approach. It's easy once you learned the mechanics, you'll see. Kinda like Maelstrom or HoF.

No, I am not lying about fighting magdk as vampire. With magdk you can at least take little bit more space around you and breathing room but sorc has surge that stuns and has incredibly big hit box.

and I've tried so many of these tips you just said, time combo right just as their shield drops but it always ends up being that they keep around 2k hp after and then back to damage shield covering entire health bar and nope no kill, I rarely see sorcs with just 20k btw, maybe without cp.

Sorc has no AoE stun, in fact it has the least amount of AoEs in game (I think, at least viable PvP ones)

Anyway, that last bit of health: do you have an execute? If so, just spam that till they die, because they can't get outta execute range, execute spam usually works.

If not have you tried Oblivion Damage Glyphs? They work semi well (told you guys 50% nerf was too much...) at executing shield users.

If you're warden, Betty for GG, Templar purge for GG, DK should be able to face tank it but probably won't catch the sorc, NB either Stam burst when they're not ready, mNB is just a beast.

That surge ability, which makes sorc teleport to a distance away stuns if you're caught in it. Maybe not aoe but I keep getting stunned by it. And as far it goes to the last bit of health, nope I spam 2h exe or killer's blade but not enough to burst through damage shield that they can apply every time they hit a button and if healer is nearby they are pretty much back to full health.
    I'll give you something here though, now that in BG there is no cp, sorcs are way too weak but the moment you give them cp they become an issue to me.

LOL Are you complaining about streak now as well? C'mon man.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This sounds to me as if you're tanky at the expense of burst.
    Mind me asking about your gear and how you deliver your burst?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Volatile pulse and streak both constitute AoE. Though pulse is only on last tick and streak is a frontal AoE so its only semi reliable.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Volatile pulse and streak both constitute AoE. Though pulse is only on last tick and streak is a frontal AoE so its only semi reliable.

BoL has a 360 degree stun, start point only.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the point, with sorcs it doesn't feel fun playing against them because I cannot really even tell what I did wrong except die to long distance exe.

If you are dying to sorcs when in execute range, I would say you will be dying a lot more to other classes. These days mag sorcs lack any sort of burst damage to bring you in execute range IMHO and rely on other classes.
    If the mag sorc was not there, you would have died to the class which did bring you to execute range anyways.

• Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @XEVENEX they want more sorc nerfs. Wtf?
    Edited by Bfish22090 on February 13, 2018 6:20PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If it stuns when he goes through you, it's streak.
    If it stuns in a circle around their starting postion, it's ball of lightning.
    Both are a bit delayed (at least from user side), take the momentum out of your movement and have a cost penalty.
    On top of that they won't go through block.

Healing ward heals you for the remaining strength and isn't garantueed to land on you. And what's the difference between someone helping them with a healing ward instead of pumping their health up to full with a Breath of Life?

And yes, please tell us your set up, so might we can help you out to burst them down.
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    To sum up this thread -

Remove Bolt
    Remove Mages Wrath
    Remove Shields

Then Sorcs will be balanced.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    To sum up this thread -

Remove Bolt
    Remove Mages Wrath
    Remove Shields

i think its more on the lines of (according to some).....
    Remove Sorc Class
    then they are balanced
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 13, 2018 8:04PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    To sum up this thread -

Remove Bolt
    Remove Mages Wrath
    Remove Shields

Remove Sorc Class
    then they are balanced

Off with heir heads!

On a more serious note. The argument I hear "hurr durr I got on my sorc and killed everything and didn't die hurr durr" is totally invalid imho.

Sorc is an easy class to pick up. It is. Hardened ward will give you a 10 second shield. Run around spamming Mages wrath and Crystal frags and you'll even get some kills! Someone gets close and you can't do any damage to them? Streak away! Now, does that make the class and skills OP? I don't think so. I believe it's honestly the easiest class to pick up and PvP with, but a good Stam warden? You're fooked. Good build on a heavy mag dk? Same. The learning curve from new sorc to decent sorc is a helluva lot mellower than new -> good in any class, but good -> great is a different story. I don't think they have as high of a ceiling as most other classes.
    That's just my opinion and I look forward to hearing you scream how OP they are in a reply to this post.
    Edited by Sky_WK on February 13, 2018 9:59PM
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    There are. But none of the other executes have a four second time fuse on them. Some will say well, how is that balanced?

Well, that’s because it’s the ONLY DEBUFF Sorcs get from our class tree. We don’t get defile or any of the cool ones, unless we wear a set or use a weapon line.

You have the most powerful debuff from your class tree - a silence.

And if ultimates don't count: Well my mDK does not have a defile either, where's my execute?

I mean this: @Sharee

eso_1.png

Yes it’s missing major exp on Sorc.

As you can see from the list, your DK gets major defile, major fracture, and minor maim.

Sorc gets mage’s fury, and silence on an ultimate. But we have no access to any other debuffs in our skill tree.

PS: Sorc OP. Look at that huge ridiculous list of class buffs. Nerf now pls!

Holy *** nightblades have a lot of ***
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sum up this thread -

Remove Bolt
    Remove Mages Wrath
    Remove Shields

Remove Sorc Class
    then they are balanced

Off with heir heads!

On a more serious note. The argument I hear "hurr durr I got on my sorc and killed everything and didn't die hurr durr" is totally invalid imho.

Sorc is an easy class to pick up. It is. Hardened ward will give you a 10 second shield. Run around spamming Mages wrath and Crystal frags and you'll even get some kills! Someone gets close and you can't do any damage to them? Streak away! Now, does that make the class and skills OP? I don't think so. I believe it's honestly the easiest class to pick up and PvP with, but a good Stam warden? You're fooked. Good build on a heavy mag dk? Same. The learning curve from new sorc to decent sorc is a helluva lot mellower than new -> good in any class, but good -> great is a different story. I don't think they have as high of a ceiling as most other classes.
    That's just my opinion and I look forward to hearing you scream how OP they are in a reply to this post.

Agreed.... i do have 1 mSorc ... but i enjoy playing mDK more... get bored a bit on the sorc after a while
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 14, 2018 1:55AM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    There are. But none of the other executes have a four second time fuse on them. Some will say well, how is that balanced?

Well, that’s because it’s the ONLY DEBUFF Sorcs get from our class tree. We don’t get defile or any of the cool ones, unless we wear a set or use a weapon line.

You have the most powerful debuff from your class tree - a silence.

And if ultimates don't count: Well my mDK does not have a defile either, where's my execute?

I mean this: @Sharee

eso_1.png

Yes it’s missing major exp on Sorc.

As you can see from the list, your DK gets major defile, major fracture, and minor maim.

Sorc gets mage’s fury, and silence on an ultimate. But we have no access to any other debuffs in our skill tree.

PS: Sorc OP. Look at that huge ridiculous list of class buffs. Nerf now pls!

Holy *** nightblades have a lot of ***

Nightblade is a masterclass c:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this thread still alive? Next they’re going to tell us Sorcs are OP because AoE caps got removed and the whole group died to a Streak.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    How is this thread still alive? Next they’re going to tell us Sorcs are OP because AoE caps got removed and the whole group died to a Streak.

You guys are killing me tonight :lol:
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tbf, before Streak was capped, whole groups died to it. :neutral:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are killing me tonight :lol:

Can’t be, I wasn’t even playing my OP Sorc. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Tbf, before Streak was capped, whole groups died to it. :neutral:

Soooort of, the AoE cap alone was not the reason. That was the time..

a) before cost increase
    b) when it was Disorient instead of Stun and could therefore be applied multiple times without granting CC immunity if the opponent did not know how to CC break
    c) when ultie was dynamic and you could chain bats back to back thanks to Streak
    d) when Power Surge had no CD and would keep you healed up while streaking through opponents.

Mucho stuff has changed since, sadly :'(
    EU | PC | AD
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    x

Dang, I finally found these threads! Apparently they been hiding far off in Wrobel's neglected left ***...
    Well, look here now @Pickle, were what you might have been in ti's? Per *** a mint? Freshly stated, is wot called a battle. See unlikes aidds rather then just weeken & kill people you actually got to [Snip]'em first. Now it ain't like cast strait n' win'd fight butt, ****... When you hit a button... If they can.. Te'll try n' hit button.
    In if you both survive long into the fight, your both lean tanks or you both suck a lot out of each other.
    Now if sm1 bothers with a baby fight you might get not a chance to see how much you suck out of the the other person. Call it a zerg dum. Get's u starved of experiences, really not healthy for gameplay. But you when you get a chance to just suck each other dry of life, you'll see balance given in this battle.

There health bar is magical... It goes up on down with the will of a button. Does It as quick they can run away & even quicker than you can chase after them.
    But if you take some time to get some pvp experience, learn the moves, you'd see it's a struggle to stay alive at full health...

That other button might not even be 20% of your health.What damage are you complaining about when it'll do less than 5k in a baby fight. Sorry listed #s, but simply said you don't want to wind up dead, hit another button...
    Edited by Pinja on February 14, 2018 11:47AM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by NinchiTV on February 14, 2018 1:39PM
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

So you really want to say that you can tell the reason why you died to all classes, but you can't say why this happened against a magsorc? How's that?
    I mean, it's very obvious to see why you died. I can explain every my death so...I just can't understand what you're saying.

That is the point, with sorcs it doesn't feel fun playing against them because I cannot really even tell what I did wrong except die to long distance exe.

@Piraja27

This is a joke right? Worse case scenario you have like 20k health (this is just NOT seen in cyrodiil, but we'll play with it) the reason you died is because you took 16k worth of damage, and didn't heal or block. For that matter you let a curse and frag hit you (and curse and frags are just not hitting for 16k comboed anymore, unless it's against a light armor character, not in this meta) without using any counter measures. Now let's put this into real perspective, you have 25k health, and you took 20k damage without reacting to it. That's definitely your fault.

And I'll give you advice to counter the hardest thing on a Sorc to counter. If you see a meteor ring around you, CC the Sorc, THEN block the meteor, and you interrupted their most deadly combo. Then you'll be hit with pebbles until the next ultimate. Just about every class has a CC through block now, just have to learn to adapt.

I'm just not threatened by Sorcs in cryodiil in any way shape or form anymore. I've been playing the class since release, and I know everything you're even going to think about doing. I know you'll fold with two decent players attacking you, I know how to time out your shields, and I know when your damage is coming. I used to block frags on my S&B bar or consider rolling them. Frags are now 0 threat to me, I'll let my shield take the hit and laugh when it only takes away half it's strength.

RIP frags, maybe one day you'll be resurrected.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    Pijng wrote: »

So you really want to say that you can tell the reason why you died to all classes, but you can't say why this happened against a magsorc? How's that?
    I mean, it's very obvious to see why you died. I can explain every my death so...I just can't understand what you're saying.

@Piraja27

This is a joke right? Worse case scenario you have like 20k health (this is just NOT seen in cyrodiil, but we'll play with it) the reason you died is because you took 16k worth of damage, and didn't heal or block. For that matter you let a curse and frag hit you (and curse and frags are just not hitting for 16k comboed anymore, unless it's against a light armor character, not in this meta) without using any counter measures. Now let's put this into real perspective, you have 25k health, and you took 20k damage without reacting to it. That's definitely your fault.

And I'll give you advice to counter the hardest thing on a Sorc to counter. If you see a meteor ring around you, CC the Sorc, THEN block the meteor, and you interrupted their most deadly combo. Then you'll be hit with pebbles until the next ultimate. Just about every class has a CC through block now, just have to learn to adapt.

I'm just not threatened by Sorcs in cryodiil in any way shape or form anymore. I've been playing the class since release, and I know everything you're even going to think about doing. I know you'll fold with two decent players attacking you, I know how to time out your shields, and I know when your damage is coming. I used to block frags on my S&B bar or consider rolling them. Frags are now 0 threat to me, I'll let my shield take the hit and laugh when it only takes away half it's strength.

RIP frags, maybe one day you'll be resurrected.

Is that "Cryodiil" in your comment meant to be a reference to 24/7 whiners, or just a typo? c:
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    mag sorcs got hit with the nerf hammer a few times .... they arent really that bad to deal with.... i still kill plenty of them in cyro

Man, hammer is too loud word if to say about nerf of sorcs in compare with nerf of another classes during patches.
    Sorc was and is very very easy to survive and burst.
    It feels in maelstrom, it feels in openworld, u need only nice ping.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really cannot understand the thought process behind having a long distance execution ability that is undodgeable to top it off and then add ability to have damage shields that in 1v1 encounters there is almost no point to even bother. I have been paying close eye to the death report details, about 8 out of 10 times when I die in Cyrodiil campaign is to endless fury explosion. I agree that every class needs to have their bs to make them strong somewhere but there is a limit there, like nightblades have their clo... oh wait sorc takes that away too with huge hit box unavoidable stun attack that takes a lot of space.

My two cents that is really the only thing about pvp I have grown to dislike, is mag sorc. Too tanky for 1 button press spam (oblivion enchantment doesn't hit +15k to take them out so don't even bother with that, stuns are not frequent enough to stop them from moving all together and they got insane surge to escape if things seem going south)

Insightful
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not fair and not balanced.

I agree, heavy attack from stealth followed by incap surprise attack execute before your opponent can break free is not fair or balanced.
    Ty for pointing out that stealth is a broken mechanic.
    Edited by Irylia on February 14, 2018 3:44PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    it is not fair and not balanced.

I agree, heavy attack from stealth followed by incap surprise attack execute before your opponent can’t break free is not fair or balanced.
    Ty for pointing out that stealth is a broken mechanic.

I think you're learning their language.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    I really cannot understand the thought process behind having a long distance execution ability that is undodgeable to top it off and then add ability to have damage shields that in 1v1 encounters there is almost no point to even bother. I have been paying close eye to the death report details, about 8 out of 10 times when I die in Cyrodiil campaign is to endless fury explosion. I agree that every class needs to have their bs to make them strong somewhere but there is a limit there, like nightblades have their clo... oh wait sorc takes that away too with huge hit box unavoidable stun attack that takes a lot of space.

My two cents that is really the only thing about pvp I have grown to dislike, is mag sorc. Too tanky for 1 button press spam (oblivion enchantment doesn't hit +15k to take them out so don't even bother with that, stuns are not frequent enough to stop them from moving all together and they got insane surge to escape if things seem going south)

Insightful

Insightful? Irylia his post is so full of wrong it’ll make you stupider just reading it.

The execute IS dodgable. You died because you didn’t dodge it and fell into 20% health left, which is about 5-6K or less on a typical toon. Get over it, it’s not like you would have escaped radiant destruction either. Or a *** resto heavy attack with an oblivion enchant for that matter. It doesn’t take an execute to do 5-6K damage.

Shields aren’t one button press, it’s two or three GCD, with about 10K per shield. If you can’t do 10K damage per second git gud. The nightblades whining and crying here are music to my ears. They cry every time their forever-invisible little **** rogue class can’t one shot anyone out of stealth, and they won’t learn how to play any better than their stealth alpha strike macro.
    Edited by Minalan on February 14, 2018 3:26PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »
    mag sorcs got hit with the nerf hammer a few times .... they arent really that bad to deal with.... i still kill plenty of them in cyro

Man, hammer is too loud word if to say about nerf of sorcs in compare with nerf of another classes during patches.
    Sorc was and is very very easy to survive and burst.
    It feels in maelstrom, it feels in openworld, u need only nice ping.

Being easy to pick up for a beginner also means having limited options when you’re experienced. Your examples aren’t valid either. vMA is easy on any class once you have the mechanics down, and open world? Open world you can just run a HA build on any other class and have better survivability with more offensive options to boot.