Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sorcs

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
I really cannot understand the thought process behind having a long distance execution ability that is undodgeable to top it off and then add ability to have damage shields that in 1v1 encounters there is almost no point to even bother. I have been paying close eye to the death report details, about 8 out of 10 times when I die in Cyrodiil campaign is to endless fury explosion. I agree that every class needs to have their bs to make them strong somewhere but there is a limit there, like nightblades have their clo... oh wait sorc takes that away too with huge hit box unavoidable stun attack that takes a lot of space.

My two cents that is really the only thing about pvp I have grown to dislike, is mag sorc. Too tanky for 1 button press spam (oblivion enchantment doesn't hit +15k to take them out so don't even bother with that, stuns are not frequent enough to stop them from moving all together and they got insane surge to escape if things seem going south)

[Edited title for profanity]
Edited by ZOS_Mika on February 18, 2018 6:49PM
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mag sorcs got hit with the nerf hammer a few times .... they arent really that bad to deal with.... i still kill plenty of them in cyro
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try playing a sorc for a time and get your conclusions. It's not all about easy wins.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, sorcs aren't the top class at the moment, so even if half of what you say is true, it still isn't enough to balance with other classes.

As far as I know, endless fury is dodgeable. Right? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

The undodgeable is Curse, which isn't an execution.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    Well, sorcs aren't the top class at the moment, so even if half of what you say is true, it still isn't enough to balance with other classes.

As far as I know, endless fury is dodgeable. Right? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

The undodgeable is Curse, which isn't an execution.

yeah, you can dodge endless fury
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What should be the killing blow if not an Execute?
    Ive been killed countless times by Reverse Slice, doesnt mean that anything is wrong with the skill itself.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, complain about dodge and fury is stupid, dodge the initial hit and while dodging use vigor or rally and you are saved.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    I never have been able to dodgeroll endless fury ability, best you can do is block it but if you are 7k hp when at 30% and it normally hits upto 4-7k? and spamable, you die anyway
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    I never have been able to dodgeroll endless fury ability, best you can do is block it but if you are 7k hp when at 30% and it normally hits upto 4-7k? and spamable, you die anyway

It's dodgeable. And if you have a HoT ticking on you, you only need 1-2" (which is one dodge roll) before you pop above 20% HP and the spam won't affect you in the slightest.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you let your health get under 20% regularly you play pretty riskily to be blaming Sorc. What health you running?

Even 30k is a 6k one bang away from death at 20% fella.
    Sorcs are on a bad place right now, nerfed into last place for most aspects of Cyro.

If wards are a challenge for you. Adapt and overcome, Sorcs are telegraphed, pigeon holed offensive, and easy to counter. Don't slam against a ward, time on getting it down, CC, kill their stamina.

Sorcs can't sustain triple stack indef these days....
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dutchessx see?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really cannot understand the thought process behind having a long distance execution ability that is undodgeable to top it off and then add ability to have damage shields that in 1v1 encounters there is almost no point to even bother. I have been paying close eye to the death report details, about 8 out of 10 times when I die in Cyrodiil campaign is to endless fury explosion. I agree that every class needs to have their bs to make them strong somewhere but there is a limit there, like nightblades have their clo... oh wait sorc takes that away too with huge hit box unavoidable stun attack that takes a lot of space.

My two cents that is really the only thing about pvp I have grown to dislike, is mag sorc. Too tanky for 1 button press spam (oblivion enchantment doesn't hit +15k to take them out so don't even bother with that, stuns are not frequent enough to stop them from moving all together and they got insane surge to escape if things seem going south)

As a NB i dont mind sorc mainly because i don't come across many good ones in cyro. but when they are good they are good.

I HATE MAGICKA DK!!!! ARGHSHDSD perma root is just stupid.
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 9, 2018 5:32PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus Yes I know there will always be people who complain about Sorcerers but they still need a buff because they are almost unplayable when you add up all the nerfs.
    @Piraja27 you can dodge endless fury, you can always tell when sorcerers are casting it because sorcerers raise their hand in the air. Also you might want to try to keep yourself out of execute range. I do want to encourage you because everyone has a class they have problems with in PVP. Best of luck to you.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absorb shield amount higher than dps is already op, why they had to be able to teleport too. Like we choose between forward momentum and rally, so should they choose between high absorb or mobility.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are complaining about sorcs in 2018, you're a terrible player. No two ways about it.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The young know not the wisdom of the old, nor the source of the courage possessed by the strong.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely an L2P issue here.

First of all the execute is dodgeable - the explosion is not - but there is no explosion if you rolldoge the initial hit.

Looks like you play NB - and as you complain a lot about shields - I assume you play Stam NB.

Well.. Stam-NB is the strongest class in PVP and an extremely powerful counter to Mag sorcs. You just need to work on your build. CC the sorc when out of shields and 2 shot him - as simple as that.

Also use your cloak to disconnect projectiles and not to hide! - If you manage to remain hidden consider it a bonus -- the power of cloak is the ability to disconnect few projectiles in a row - and sorc's burst is all about projectiles.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see magsorcs as that big of a problem. Take away shieldstack. Change shieldbreaker to not deal dmg under the shield. And truely buff the atronach ultimate instead of nerf (u17) and I find them in an alright spot. Both playing as one and against one.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor sorcs still the bad guys. They don't have viable spammable (i use reach), delayed burst skill, another burst skill easily dodgeable and RN generated. Poor healings, while other classes have instant healing, we have a crit healing (not very effective on noCP campaigns) and a interruptable one. Many skills are situatonal like mines and ultimates. Our cc still have bug problems-rune and one was restricted to a useless skill-blast.. Very low defenses, so shields are a must. Our magicka pool isnt limitless and we also suffer from sustain as all classes: while we shield we lose opportunities to attack. On top of that people complain about our strenght- mobility, and suggest to make us choose between that or shields. Seriously, play.a magsorc on CP and noCP pvp and reconsider your opinion about that class.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    What should be the killing blow if not an Execute?
    Ive been killed countless times by Reverse Slice, doesnt mean that anything is wrong with the skill itself.

Anything that kills me should be nerfed.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JUST when I think the ‘nerf Sorc’ threads are done and the class is a smoking ruin that couldn't possibly be nerfed further..

Some potato comes in and proves me wrong again.

Sigh. You know what they say about hydrogen and stupidity?
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea posting this on the forums since 90% of the people here are sorcs. Nonetheless L2P.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc is probably one of the worst PvP classes at the moment
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Bad idea posting this on the forums since 90% of the people here are sorcs. Nonetheless L2P.

Plenty of MagDK’s here, go check out the PTS forum.

You’ll get a pretty negative response here because the Sorc class has taken it in the nuts the last three patches or so.

And it’s never enough for the forum whining. There’s always another nerf Sorc thread. Every day. Every patch.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    JUST when I think the ‘nerf Sorc’ threads are done and the class is a smoking ruin that couldn't possibly be nerfed further..

Some potato comes in and proves me wrong again.

Sigh. You know what they say about hydrogen and stupidity?

Right!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc doesn't need any more nerfs .
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Try playing a sorc for a time and get your conclusions. It's not all about easy wins.

I used to be skeptical of all these people calling nerf before. Then I did precisely that: tried playing one.

My conclusion: it's ALL about easy wins. I got to level 50 and threw on some basic magicka gear. Suddenly I'm topping BG scores and my K/D is through the roof.

I use 3 shields, I can't die.

I spam fury, I get all the kills.

Burst damage is just reeeeeetarded.

The class is literally a win button.

I had a hard time going back to my magplar after that. I tried to give magsorcs the benefit of the doubt, but the truth is, they are [snip] OP.

[Edited to remove profanity-masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 15, 2018 4:18PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

I used to be skeptical of all these people calling nerf before. Then I did precisely that: tried playing one.

My conclusion: it's ALL about easy wins. I got to level 50 and threw on some basic magicka gear. Suddenly I'm topping BG scores and my K/D is through the roof.

I use 3 shields, I can't die.

I spam fury, I get all the kills.

Burst damage is just reeeeeetarded.

The class is literally a win button.

I had a hard time going back to my magplar after that. I tried to give magsorcs the benefit of the doubt, but the truth is, they are [snip] OP.

Spams an execute in BG’s and thinks the whole class is OP while everyone else does the 80% damage.
    https://youtu.be/-GydLhFZ8zM

If you think Sorc is good, try a fighting a good MagDK or Stamina warden. You won’t be able to kill a good one.

Aw *** it. I give up. If you can’t beat them, join them.

Duuuuuuuuuuuh! Nerf Sorc!

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 15, 2018 4:18PM
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, the denial will come. This guy think cause I mentioned fury spam that I don't know how to play. Sadly, it's just something I did as an experiment that yielded more points than actually playing. Now that is the definition of broken...
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    See, the denial will come. This guy think cause I mentioned fury spam that I don't know how to play. Sadly, it's just something I did as an experiment that yielded more points than actually playing. Now that is the definition of broken...

If you think sorc is easy and a win button take it to Cyrodiil and don't surf the zerg.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »

If you think sorc is easy and a win button take it to Cyrodiil and don't surf the zerg.

You could say that about any class. You're basically saying "if you think that's easy, make it harder for yourself."

LOL

And I did BTW. It was actually impossible to die thanks to Streak.
    Edited by Datolite on February 9, 2018 8:42PM