The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sorcs

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for mag classes

Would you want to pick a sorc or NB?
    What about sorc or Templar?
    Sorc or Warden?
    Sorc or DK

The only that's not an easy choice over sorc is a dk, and even then a good DK can be far better than a sorc

If we're talking about solo pvp in cyrodiil, then sorc = magblade > magplar > magdk/magden. There's no other way you can put it, sorc and magblade both just have an insane toolkit to deal with zergs at their disposal. You can't claim that magplar or lulden have better tools to stay alive and solo in cyro, and magdk is just a meme at this point.

Everyone saying that sorc is underpowered either needs a reality check or needs to specify what they are talking about (e.g. Sorcs are meh in duels).

EDIT: just as a PS, I main sorc and magblade and I'm not afraid to say that my mains are the strongest possible options for solo pvp, unlike other people here :wink:
    Edited by Subversus on February 18, 2018 7:08PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    As for mag classes

Sorc or Warden?
    Sorc or DK

The only that's not an easy choice over sorc is a dk, and even then a good DK can be far better than a sorc

If we're talking about solo pvp in cyrodiil, then sorc = magblade > magplar > magdk/magden. There's no other way you can put it, sorc and magblade both just have an insane toolkit to deal with zergs at their disposal. You can't claim that magplar or lulden have better tools to stay alive and solo in cyro, and magdk is just a meme at this point.

Everyone saying that sorc is underpowered either needs a reality check or needs to specify what they are talking about (e.g. Sorcs are meh in duels).

EDIT: just as a PS, I main sorc and magblade and I'm not afraid to say that my mains are the strongest possible options for solo pvp, unlike other people here :wink:

I dunno man, I have a temp a warden a sorc and a NB (mags, got me some stams too) and quite frankly (even though I've spent way more time on my Sorc) I'd pick any of the others first.

The Templar feels way beefier (hard af to kill)
    The warden feels like a better sorc (can go longer, harder to counter)
    The NB just feels insane
    The sorc - I can't be caught, which is great for BGs, but little else.

Now I'm not saying sorc is unplayable - lol, just not as good
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for mag classes

Sorc or Warden?
    Sorc or DK

I dunno man, I have a temp a warden a sorc and a NB (mags, got me some stams too) and quite frankly (even though I've spent way more time on my Sorc) I'd pick any of the others first.

The Templar feels way beefier (hard af to kill)
    The warden feels like a better sorc (can go longer, harder to counter)
    The NB just feels insane
    The sorc - I can't be caught, which is great for BGs, but little else.

Now I'm not saying sorc is unplayable - lol, just not as good

First of all, I have to say that BGs have never been a part of my reasoning when thinking about class balance. I do fine in there with all of my duel builds. It's a controlled environment, much like duels, and the fact that you can win games by running around and avoiding combat is a main factor for why I ignore BGs as a balance factor.

Now for open world pvp, which is what ESO has it's base on imo.

Templar feels beefier? Sure, I agree. But when you go to a 30 man Zerg and poke them trying to lure some away, I'd like to see how you can do that on a templar. As a sorc I can basically perma streak if I cycle through procs, pots and dark deal. Not to mention that sorc has more burst than templar will EVER have. Templar may have more sustained pressure, but sustained pressure is terrible in open world.

Warden is the same as a templar (we're talking mag since we're comparing mag classes). It has 0 mobility (mist form...), only thing that it has that's "better than a sorc" is the fact that shimmering is op. Kill and burst potential are both worse due to sorc having curse and arguably the strongest finisher in game, both delayed RANGED burst abilities.

I think we can both agree that magdk is an absolute meme for solo pvp atm.

That leaves nightblades and sorcs to fight for 1st place.

What I want to say by this is that sorcs are nowhere near as bad as the sorc mains in this thread claim it to be. They're literally the best (or 2nd best, depending on what you prefer) magicka class to play in open world.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to say by this is that sorcs are nowhere near as bad as the sorc mains in this thread claim it to be. They're literally the best (or 2nd best, depending on what you prefer) magicka solo class to play in open world.

As soon as you bring two people i´d start arguing against it. As soon as stam is considered things get a lot less clear aswell.

Sorc has a very small niche at the moment where it excels. It´s a potatomasher. It has problems against tanks (of all skilllevels) and good players (of all durabilities) - which is imo not a desireable spot to be in.

However personally i think if sorc were to receive any offensive buffs (which it should because the class is too predictable and deals comparatively lowish dmg) it should loose the possiblity to stack shields and maybe receive a slight compensation in form of a surge buff.

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    What I want to say by this is that sorcs are nowhere near as bad as the sorc mains in this thread claim it to be. They're literally the best (or 2nd best, depending on what you prefer) magicka solo class to play in open world.

As soon as you bring two people i´d start arguing against it. As soon as stam is considered things get a lot less clear aswell.

Sorc has a very small niche at the moment where it excels. It´s a potatomasher. It has problems against tanks (of all skilllevels) and good players (of all durabilities) - which is imo not a desireable spot to be in.

However personally i think if sorc were to receive any offensive buffs (which it should because the class is too predictable and deals comparatively lowish dmg) it should loose the possiblity to stack shields and maybe receive a slight compensation in form of a surge buff.

But then again, you do agree that it's the best class for solo open world pvp, don't you? Because that's what my argument was all about hahaha.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But then again, you do agree that it's the best class for solo open world pvp, don't you? Because that's what my argument was all about hahaha.

It's been about a year since I considered the Zerg AvA Cyrodiil a balancing argument

I've seen rather strong arguments that convinced me the game is to be balanced around groups of 4.

I think we shall disagree on this and that's cool.

I also think we'll never agree Sorcs to be any where near dominate (even in open world) - again that's cool.

I don't see you posting nerf sorc threads :tongue:
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been about a year since I considered the Zerg AvA Cyrodiil a balancing argument

I've seen rather strong arguments that convinced me the game is to be balanced around groups of 4.

I also think we'll never agree Sorcs to be any where near dominate (even in open world) - again that's cool.

I NEVER said sorc is in need of a nerf. It's in a good place right now is all I'm saying. You can't possibly say that you can balance around 4s though, that's absurd. All you need is a Templar healer and a melee tank to relieve pressure and the other 2 classes can be virtually anything.

My whole argument was that people should say how bad sorc is, because it's far from being a bad class. If you'd read this thread without knowing what you're doing one could assume sorc was the absolute worst class one could play right now, which is simply not true.
    Edited by Subversus on February 18, 2018 10:14PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I NEVER said sorc is in need of a nerf. It's in a good place right now is all I'm saying. You can't possibly say that you can balance around 4s though, that's absurd. All you need is a Templar healer and a melee tank to relieve pressure and the other 2 classes can be virtually anything.

Lol that's what I said lol, that you hadn't! It's all good, we don't have to agree on balance, as long as we agree Sorcs don't need a nerf :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

Streak is countered by anyone hwo have a gap closer or by anyone hwo have a stamina character.
    I don't know where u are, but any stamina user is more mobile than a magicka sorc, because of major expedition + sprint is > streak, even in heavy armor.

Saying magicka DK is bad in 1vX is stupid, they are perfect to go in the noobs zerg and kill them or tank them forever, I saw them everywhere in PC EU.

Honestly, if you aren't chase by zerg as a sorc it's because they are lazy, or extremely bad.

As I saw, if a zerg is too lazy for chasing a sorc, then the zerg is too lazy to fight for hours to kill a tank.

Choosing to go solo in a zerg of 30 people is stupid. If a sorc can kill them, trust me a magdk or a magplar or a magden will.

Being a magden, a magplar or a magdk is clearly better than sorc for 1v1-2-3-4-5, because they have enough passive mitigation to actually be able to be offensive and kill people.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol that's what I said lol, that you hadn't! It's all good, we don't have to agree on balance, as long as we agree Sorcs don't need a nerf :)

I'd very much rather not have them nerf the 2nd most played class on my account :blush:
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    @Subversus

Streak is countered by anyone hwo have a gap closer or by anyone hwo have a stamina character.
    I don't know where u are, but any stamina user is more mobile than a magicka sorc, because of major expedition + sprint is > streak, even in heavy armor.

Saying magicka DK is bad in 1vX is stupid, they are perfect to go in the noobs zerg and kill them or tank them forever, I saw them everywhere in PC EU.

Honestly, if you aren't chase by zerg as a sorc it's because they are lazy, or extremely bad.

As I saw, if a zerg is too lazy for chasing a sorc, then the zerg is too lazy to fight for hours to kill a tank.

Choosing to go solo in a zerg of 30 people is stupid. If a sorc can kill them, trust me a magdk or a magplar or a magden will.

Being a magden, a magplar or a magdk is clearly better than sorc for 1v1-2-3-4-5, because they have enough passive mitigation to actually be able to be offensive and kill people.

No offense @aedaryl, but I've seen you play sorc (and your attempt at rerolling cause sorc "got nerfed this patch") and I'll ignore any opinion you may have about the class.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

No offense @aedaryl, but I've seen you play sorc (and your attempt at rerolling cause sorc "got nerfed this patch") and I'll ignore any opinion you may have about the class.

No offense, but I didn't rerolled because "sorc got nerfed this patch", but because I wanted to test myself the cheese about stamina, and it's so funny, with no skill in stamina, you can kill most of people without any effort, or escape better than sorc by spriting.

Also, I don't know if you try to say I'm bad or I'm too good for you, but you shoudn't ignore the experience of experienced people :wink:

If you think I'm not experienced enough, I invite you to come duel me with your openworld build and play with me in openworld (AD or EP), my userid is @Aedaryl <3
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

No offense, but I didn't rerolled because "sorc got nerfed this patch", but because I wanted to test myself the cheese about stamina, and it's so funny, with no skill in stamina, you can kill most of people without any effort, or escape better than sorc by spriting.

Also, I don't know if you try to say I'm bad or I'm too good for you, but you shoudn't ignore the experience of experienced people :wink:

If you think I'm not experienced enough, I invite you to come duel me with your openworld build and play with me in openworld (AD or EP), my userid is @Aedaryl <3

Sure thing, I'll log in right now.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You just compare kiting ability. Sorc is still among the two best classes for it, despite nerfs, simply because the others never had kiting tools in the first place. And I don't think this is news to anyone here.
    What that has to do with any arguments discussed here before, I don't know.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

Sure thing, I'll log in right now.

Nice, you are EP/AD or DC ?
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we dueled. It was fun, he came on a pet sorc sword and board 'open world' build and lost both duels within 30 seconds. Next time try not to talk about things you don't understand, ok @Aedaryl ?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Subversus
    Just curious, wut did you use?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

I was on my magblade.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

I was on my magblade.

Lmfao, gees I wish I could've bet on you.... But probably wouldn't have had any takers....

Edit - I'd always take the NB over the sorc
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 19, 2018 12:27AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give him credit for going and doing it. I know I am not a dueler and I see guys that are really good that hand me my ass 1v1 and it amazes me the different levels in players as I then run into others that I wind 1 v 2. Doesnt tell me much about classes like that. Tells me players have more to do with it.
    Edited by technohic on February 19, 2018 12:43AM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

I was on my magblade.

Lmfao, gees I wish I could've bet on you.... But probably wouldn't have had any takers....

Pet sorc though :(

I mean I'd take the NB over a sorc any day, but when that sorc is a pet sorc the tides turn rapidly hahaha. I still strongly believe pet sorc is the strongest dueling class in game. But then again, duels are kinda irrelevant now due to all the cheese that can carry :(.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

I was on my magblade.

I mean I'd take the NB over a sorc any day, but when that sorc is a pet sorc the tides turn rapidly hahaha. I still strongly believe pet sorc is the strongest dueling class in game. But then again, duels are kinda irrelevant now due to all the cheese that can carry :(.

I only know a handful of people that do pet sorc correctly
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

I was on my magblade.

I only know a handful of people that do pet sorc correctly

Same here actually. I can't even imagine how hard it must be on console, the controls are iffy enough on PC as it is.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best magica - tied with magblades - yes.

I think stamsorc has the potential to be better and stamblade is better this patch.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think stamsorc has the potential to be better and stamblade is better this patch.

Stam sorc is absolutely insane this patch, if build right. The damage potential is crazy, I've experienced it on my magblade firsthand...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stam sorc is absolutely insane this patch, if build right. The damage potential is crazy, I've experienced it on my magblade firsthand...

That’s stamina in general right now.

All of the Magicka classes gnash their teeth here about Magicka Sorc buffs, when we know who the real problem is.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭

And what is the right build this patch for stam sorc? :P
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've seen some really hard-hitting, and hard-to-kill stamsorcs around lately.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »

I don't know what the "right build" is, but I've fought one in medium with Blood spawn/shackle/truth s&b/2h, he was hitting like a truck and the healing/tankyness he was putting out were absolutely insane. Albeit he's probably one of the best stamina players on our server, but still.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »

I don't know what the "right build" is, but I've fought one in medium with Blood spawn/shackle/truth s&b/2h, he was hitting like a truck and the healing/tankyness he was putting out were absolutely insane. Albeit he's probably one of the best stamina players on our server, but still.

Yeah, they are pretty rare - so I'm thinking its more the player(s) than the class that are strong in this case.
    Edited by Biro123 on February 19, 2018 1:18PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.